Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG YESSSSSSSSS GURU'S!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Mandylcd wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Sorry for the title. But I'm flippin.

TS4_422_DECTECTIVE_3_002a.jpg

This world looks great! I was hoping the Retail District would overlook the beach (I mentioned I wanted something like Surfers Paradise).
    This was the Pic I posted;

dan-20130510115239975848-620x349.jpg

I can not actually believe how close it looks to what I was hoping for. So Excited.

Did they say the new neighborhood or district would be overlooking the beach?

Well you can see a Lighthouse, and Lighthouses are at the coast.

Okay, sorry-I guess I'm blind. I didn't see the lighthouse which is why I asked the question.

Not your fault! I just recognized the lighthouse, but its hard to see with a thought bubble covering half of it :P
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

This world looks great! I was hoping the Retail District would overlook the beach (I mentioned I wanted something like Surfers Paradise).

I can not actually believe how close it looks to what I was hoping for. So Excited.
    This is a nice looking shopping district. I wonder if this one, and the other nice pic of the shopping district are connected. I hope so because I would like to have both of them.:)

• Options
    MoonShadowMoonShadow Posts: 129 Member

Where is the lighthouse in that picture? Tried zooming in but I don't see it :confused:

It's slightly covered by the thought bubble. The Sims 4 uses steel frame Lighthouses, rather than Brick ones, but I recognized it :)

10978552_939980199345447_5277437588683404710_n.jpg?oh=01700dfbc1d47e5ab7e927cd2e715bc3&oe=558C7F9C
    Actually, when I looked at the screenshot, I immediately thought that it would look really nice over here:

qo7zpg.jpg

I could be wrong though, of course.
    You can call me Sanne if you like. I really dislike my username.
    Origin ID: CrazyCuddle
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I'm really questioning where this world is placed? I know it's an extension of WC but I think it'll be a separate button on the map like OS, so maybe it's all just extensions of certain areas? I too hope they'll kill that blue sky, I like my foggy/rainy mornings. :\
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member

Notice the SIM in the hotdog suit in the background.

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member

Where is the lighthouse in that picture? Tried zooming in but I don't see it :confused:

It's slightly covered by the thought bubble. The Sims 4 uses steel frame Lighthouses, rather than Brick ones, but I recognized it :)

10978552_939980199345447_5277437588683404710_n.jpg?oh=01700dfbc1d47e5ab7e927cd2e715bc3&oe=558C7F9C

I bet anything that beach will be out of range of our sims.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member

If this place is similar to Surfers, that cop is going to have to call for backup to ticket all the shirtless bros wandering around.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Really Surfers Paradise I hate that place. None the less..
    It's looking good I quite like it very open.
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    The screenshot Looks indeed beautiful. But I would have prefered an entirely new world that is not so colourful like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. A remake of the cloudy Twinbrook in TS3 Ambitions would have been great!

There's no way they could ever remake the beauty of Twinbrook in Sims 4.

Meh, I beg to differ.

300px-Twinbrook.jpg

Reminds me of the industrial part of Willow Creek in a way. Don't think it would be hard to do.

Eah...... I don't know..... I think that we might just have to agree to disagree on this one. Personally, I just can't see beautiful scenery like this being in Sims 4. It just wouldn't be right.

4640705878_db56f2a120_b.jpg

4640098207_96e6e4e082_b.jpg

4640705498_c8a9c0c85b_b.jpg

4640705146_14e2f826d5_b.jpg

4640704998_ed846a9a0a_b.jpg

I'm sorry..... but I just can't see it. Not with how Sims 4 is set up graphically/artistically.
    It's pretty but how much of your gameplay is in those areas.

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member

... Vice City?
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

... Vice City?

Lol, does look like it doesn't it. Except in Surfers you get propositioned by girls trying to get you to attend time share presentations under the guise of a free breakfast.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »
    leo3487 wrote: »

... Vice City?

Lol, does look like it doesn't it. Except in Surfers you get propositioned by girls trying to get you to attend time share presentations under the guise of a free breakfast.

Yeah surfers is like the most over priced place in Queensland (god forbid you go during schoolies)
  • Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    I totally lost it when I figured out that the police officer was trying to tell the dude to put a shirt on XD
    dmlX3n8.jpg

• Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    The screenshot looks indeed beautiful. But I would have prefered an entirely new world that is not so colourful like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. A remake of the cloudy Twinbrook in TS3 Ambitions would have been great!

I like Twin Brook, but I think EA made it look the way it does largely because they included the ghost hunting profession. Parts of it are really pretty, but most of it is kind of creepy, especially the really poor areas. In fact until they released Midnight Hollow, I thought Twin Brook was the creepiest of all the official words for the Sims 3. I was disappointed with Moonlight Falls' overall lack of creepiness. The town that came with Supernatural wasn't very creepy at all. The only part of that town that I thought looked kind of creepy was the cemetery. Even than I thought, Twin Brook's cemetery was creepier.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I do hope they re-make twinbrook in TS4. I forgot how much I love living in the swamps and collecting junk. The fog and rust is so atmospheric too.
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    This is what I think of when the word shopping district comes up:
    winter-park-shopping-district.jpg
    So I think they're going in the right direction, can't wait to see how many lots we get for retail!
  • Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    For a second I thought you were a troll and you were saying the irl picture is what the world will look like lol!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    OMG seeing those images of Sims 3 after looking at the original. Yikes. LOL
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    The screenshot looks indeed beautiful. But I would have prefered an entirely new world that is not so colourful like Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. A remake of the cloudy Twinbrook in TS3 Ambitions would have been great!

I like Twin Brook, but I think EA made it look the way it does largely because they included the ghost hunting profession. Parts of it are really pretty, but most of it is kind of creepy, especially the really poor areas. In fact until they released Midnight Hollow, I thought Twin Brook was the creepiest of all the official words for the Sims 3. I was disappointed with Moonlight Falls' overall lack of creepiness. The town that came with Supernatural wasn't very creepy at all. The only part of that town that I thought looked kind of creepy was the cemetery. Even than I thought, Twin Brook's cemetery was creepier.

Twinbrook is the kind of town you know there was a Murder in. And everyone in the town thinks they know who did it.