Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you know there were trash plants in TS4?

I had just started my legacy challenge (Keep in mind I was living in the outdoors) and my shower broke. Naturally I had my sim repair it wanting her to save money and when she was done of course there was this big pile of trash. I decided I wouldn't buy a trash can because I needed the money for other crucial things and I left the trash there hoping it would disappear. And it did! But it was replaced :/ By a plant :3 If you would like one yourself just buy something cheap, have your a sim use it a lot and repair it. Then, drag the trash to wherever you want it to be and wait a couple days. By the way when it's ready to be harvested you get trash fruit. And don't worry they are safe to eat :)
dmlX3n8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There is one very negative thing about a trash plant, it will completely bottom out the environment. I just kept mine long enough to fill in for the plant selection of my sim's collection panel.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    When the pile of trash was on the floor did you have your sims look through the trash first as all repairs resultin trash but in the trash are parts to fix and upgrade other things that give other things a boost. So don't forget to check all trash piles - oh and trash cans too when your sims is out and about. My sims also makes bucks off what they find when they get a lot of duplicates.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I didn't know about it when it first happened to me. I just left a pile of trash on the ground thinking I'll buy a trash can and have a Sim take it out. Apparently I'm too lazy to even take out the trash in a video game. :p
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I discovered 3 months after release ^^ I has happily surprised
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    I know people say the trash plant kills environment but ive never noticed that in my games, my sims do not get uncomfortable around them
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    I know people say the trash plant kills environment but ive never noticed that in my games, my sims do not get uncomfortable around them

My neat sim hates them ;)
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Just got my first, the observatory broke... again, and I didn't notice the repair trash until a trash plant spawned there!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes I did
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    I got my first trash plant while camping actually. My sims refused to throw away a pile of garbage away, this was the result.

0E8yOqN.jpg

• Options
    PeaceSign101PeaceSign101 Posts: 1,413 Member
    :P Cool!
    dmlX3n8.jpg