Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't save - Sim aging up?

Right now in another window, I'm trying to save my game and quit, but it isn't letting me due to the fact that I have a sim aging up - except I don't. One of my sims did age up, but then went on to do regular activities, and I still can't save? Is anyone else having this problem? Or know of a solution?
tumblr_no8vxivBfl1s26dsio1_250_zpsh1ymw1es.gif

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    You could try the reset cheat.
    resetSim Firstname Secondname

If that doesn't help, you may need to exit your game without saving, and you will lose your progress though.
    Then if the problem is still then when you restart the game, exit the game, and repair the game. To repair the game, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin, and choose the repair option.
  • Options
    GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    I am having the same problem. @rosemow I tried the cheat you suggested but it did not fix the problem. I may have to quit the game, but I would like to see if anyone has any other advice first.
  • Options
    bekahkate0919bekahkate0919 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same problem @rosemow but its all my sims. None of my sims are aging up. I know its a bug because I contacted EA
  • Options
    Misscow1PMisscow1P Posts: 366 Member
    I've had it a few times. It means a sim in your town (not necessarily the family you're playing) is in the middle of aging up. Let the game play for a few minutes and then try saving again.
  • Options
    I am having the same problem @rosemow but its all my sims. None of my sims are aging up. I know its a bug because I contacted EA

Hello @bekahkate0919.
    This EA Bug thread refers to your issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Age-up-glitch-in-sims-4/m-p/3506663#M3307

Try moving your sims out and then back in again though manage world and see if that helps.

Also see if coming out of the game then going back in again helps.
  • Options
    CatMeistrCatMeistr Posts: 2 New Member
    The problem with that is you're not allowed to go into manage worlds while aging up... You can't cheat into the cas, save, nothing to help. Some say changing the lifespan to a different one than it was sometimes helps, but not in my case. I've waited about 12 hours (in sim time) and nothing happened, but maybe it's because I constantly have it paused and it FEELS like 12 hours.
  • Options
    CatMeistr wrote: »
    The problem with that is you're not allowed to go into manage worlds while aging up... You can't cheat into the cas, save, nothing to help. Some say changing the lifespan to a different one than it was sometimes helps, but not in my case. I've waited about 12 hours (in sim time) and nothing happened, but maybe it's because I constantly have it paused and it FEELS like 12 hours.

Hello
    I am sorry that you have this issue :( See if you can find a random townie in the street where you sim lives. Then type in to the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Then shift click the sim and click “ add to household” Bake a cake and have this sim blow out the candies and age up. The issue may then be fixed. You can then go to Manage Households and move the sim out of your household.
  • Options
    1Kat231Kat23 Posts: 1 New Member
    Change your lifespan. By changing your lifespan, it will reset the age of the Sims and fix the problem. You can change back to your desired lifespan after.

PS. You change your lifespan by clicking on the { ...} at the top right of your screen. Then look for the {game options} in the menu. Finally, click on {gameplay} and look for the Sims lifespan and change it to something else. Don't forget to do {Apply Changes} at the bottom right of the window.

Hope it help you guys and gals out!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    1Kat23 wrote: »
    Change your lifespan. By changing your lifespan, it will reset the age of the Sims and fix the problem. You can change back to your desired lifespan after.

PS. You change your lifespan by clicking on the { ...} at the top right of your screen. Then look for the {game options} in the menu. Finally, click on {gameplay} and look for the Sims lifespan and change it to something else. Don't forget to do {Apply Changes} at the bottom right of the window.

Hope it help you guys and gals out!

Hello @1Kat23
    Welcome to the forums :) It is very kind and thoughtful of you to post the helpful tip.
  • Options
    ChickenNuggetsChickenNuggets Posts: 1 New Member
    Well.... its 2018 and this still hasn't been fixed. I've tried everything you guys have said and nothing. I cant do anything. At this point, Im giving up and closing my game. Funny thing is that the last time i saved, my sim wasn't pregnant. So when i get back on, i wont even have the child that messed up my game.
  • Options
    Well.... its 2018 and this still hasn't been fixed. I've tried everything you guys have said and nothing. I cant do anything. At this point, Im giving up and closing my game. Funny thing is that the last time i saved, my sim wasn't pregnant. So when i get back on, i wont even have the child that messed up my game.

I am sorry that you have had this issue.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread. There are a few suggestions on the thread that simmers have posted that have helped them
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-save-move-because-game-thinks-a-Sim-is-aging-up/m-p/3456621#M290

• Options
    xMarianxxMarianx Posts: 74 Member
    I have this issue as well. Normally it doesn’t last this long. It’s been several hours (several days in sim-time). One of my sims has aged up, and that seemed to fix it.
  • Options
    xMarianx wrote: »
    I have this issue as well. Normally it doesn’t last this long. It’s been several hours (several days in sim-time). One of my sims has aged up, and that seemed to fix it.

Hello
    I am sorry that you also have been having this issue. It was good that one of your Sims were due to age up whilst this issue was occurring in your game,
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello @ChickenNuggets @xMarianx

Unfortunately we're still having trouble tracking this issue down. If you have saves from before the issue occurred, as well as any other info on what was happening in the game prior to the issue, it may be helpful if you could send them to us.

Instructions here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    ThatGooseThatGoose Posts: 1 New Member
    I found a solution!

bake a birthday cake and blow out the candles, that fixed it for me.
    I hope it works for other people too.
  • Options
    ThatGoose wrote: »
    I found a solution!

bake a birthday cake and blow out the candles, that fixed it for me.
    I hope it works for other people too.

Hello
    Welcome to the forums :) It is good that you were able to fix the issue in your game by using a birthday cake,
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    bonnstraxx wrote: »
    Right now in another window, I'm trying to save my game and quit, but it isn't letting me due to the fact that I have a sim aging up - except I don't. One of my sims did age up, but then went on to do regular activities, and I still can't save? Is anyone else having this problem? Or know of a solution?

I do not think you can save during an event. so wait until its done. if you don't want the save then you can just exit, or save it.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    More_MooreMore_Moore Posts: 408 Member
    I had this problem a couple days ago, but just waiting around a few minutes seemed to have fixed it on its own. It's the only time I'd ever had this problem, and I haven't had it since yet.
    Simmer since day one. Owns every Expansion and extras. Even the console games. XD

Feel free to chat me (I like games/RPGs, game dev, and animu/anime)
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    This is becoming a constant for me - it happened once a couple of months ago, and solved itself overnight. For the past few weeks, it's been more like every two or three days, and no Sim in my house is aging up. I have no mods and have tried repairing, clearing the cache, etc. I don't even have that many people in my worlds - most have died of old age.

I do get notices of imminent culling of ghosts - usually townies, and I think there might be a connection. Maybe something is borked with culling?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    This is becoming a constant for me - it happened once a couple of months ago, and solved itself overnight. For the past few weeks, it's been more like every two or three days, and no Sim in my house is aging up. I have no mods and have tried repairing, clearing the cache, etc. I don't even have that many people in my worlds - most have died of old age.

I do get notices of imminent culling of ghosts - usually townies, and I think there might be a connection. Maybe something is borked with culling?

Hello
    You may like to send your save game to SimQARobo,
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16417218/#Comment_16417218
  • Options
    5000birds5000birds Posts: 10 New Member
    I just had this problem and found this tread. I tried resetSim, didn't work. Also tried adding an NPC and then aging them up, didn't work either and since I couldn't open manage households it only resulted in me getting an unwelcome family member (at least I got her to repair my computer for me hehe)

Anyways what *actually worked* was waiting. I think I waited for like 24 in-game hours... But it worked. I'm guessing the game auto-ages people who don't get a birthday party/cake at a given time during the night, and when that time comes the bug stops too. So my advice about this is to have patience I guess.
  • Options
    5000birds wrote: »
    I just had this problem and found this tread. I tried resetSim, didn't work. Also tried adding an NPC and then aging them up, didn't work either and since I couldn't open manage households it only resulted in me getting an unwelcome family member (at least I got her to repair my computer for me hehe)

Anyways what *actually worked* was waiting. I think I waited for like 24 in-game hours... But it worked. I'm guessing the game auto-ages people who don't get a birthday party/cake at a given time during the night, and when that time comes the bug stops too. So my advice about this is to have patience I guess.

Hello
    It was helpful to read your feedback on the issue, that waiting worked in your game. I am sorry that you had the issue, but glad that it worked out okay after waiting.
  • Options
    MadAsAliceMadAsAlice Posts: 3 New Member
    So I just had this problem. Yesterday I started up a save file I haven't played in a few weeks. First I noticed the new (at least to me) notifications about fading ghosts or some such. Mine are definitely bugged; I'll get 2-3 at the same time for the same ghost. (May not be related but someone else mentioned it so I thought I should). Then my sim suddenly aged up. I didn't get any notifications about her birthday or anything. I didn't even know it was going to happen. I assumed it was my bad i missed it and maybe I got the notifications before I last saved? Anyway, I saved the game, went to bed, booted it up again today. Same thing with the ghosts. No big deal. Another sim is getting ready to age up (no birthday notifications leading up to it) at her party, her dad spontaneously ages up (again, I wasn't expecting it) and so did a party guest, at exactly the same moment. Still no big problem, just weird. Birthday girl blows out the candles, ages up, all is well. Next day she is invited to breakfast and travels with no problem. Goes home, game progresses a day or so and I try to save... And get the age up bug. I reset all my sims. Can't travel. Search the neighbourhood. Nothing. Play a while. Nothing. I was going to test changing their lifespan but decided to just turn off auto aging first. Didn't seem to work. Let it play a few seconds in frustration and as I go to turn aging back on SUDDENLY THE SAVE BUTTON IS NO LONGER GREYED OUT! HURRAH.
    Hope this helps the next sorry soul.
  • Options
    MadAsAlice wrote: »
    So I just had this problem. Yesterday I started up a save file I haven't played in a few weeks. First I noticed the new (at least to me) notifications about fading ghosts or some such. Mine are definitely bugged; I'll get 2-3 at the same time for the same ghost. (May not be related but someone else mentioned it so I thought I should). Then my sim suddenly aged up. I didn't get any notifications about her birthday or anything. I didn't even know it was going to happen. I assumed it was my bad i missed it and maybe I got the notifications before I last saved? Anyway, I saved the game, went to bed, booted it up again today. Same thing with the ghosts. No big deal. Another sim is getting ready to age up (no birthday notifications leading up to it) at her party, her dad spontaneously ages up (again, I wasn't expecting it) and so did a party guest, at exactly the same moment. Still no big problem, just weird. Birthday girl blows out the candles, ages up, all is well. Next day she is invited to breakfast and travels with no problem. Goes home, game progresses a day or so and I try to save... And get the age up bug. I reset all my sims. Can't travel. Search the neighbourhood. Nothing. Play a while. Nothing. I was going to test changing their lifespan but decided to just turn off auto aging first. Didn't seem to work. Let it play a few seconds in frustration and as I go to turn aging back on SUDDENLY THE SAVE BUTTON IS NO LONGER GREYED OUT! HURRAH.
    Hope this helps the next sorry soul.

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue. It is good that the save button eventually was able to be used. It may be best to wait a while if the issue occurs again, and it may resolve itself.

This AHQ EA thread refers to the ghost notification issue. You may like to post feedback there
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-text-notices-for-the-same-ghost-being-removed-from/m-p/6541062#M56033
  • Options
    ExtrinsecusExtrinsecus Posts: 1 New Member
    Happened to me just now. What worked for me was turning was turning off auto aging (turned it back on after). Waiting has worked for me before, but this solve was instant.