Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spoilery

Comments

• Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    @Carewren123 I did say that in my reader's request post yesterday ;)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    oops i forgot that bit i guess
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    @Carewren123‌ it's fine! I forget things too :D

What am I doing again?
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
  • Options
    DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    First of all, this thread is a great idea! Speculating and talking about the is a big part of storytelling and I am glad that someone came up with this idea. Lol

Second, do you know this guy, I forgot his name, Martymor whatever? I think he needs to stop writing these sappy stories about broken hearts and starts doing something more funnier. What do you think? I am sick of drama... pfhhhh...
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    LOL Cute thread idea. *tips hat to Ms CathyTea*
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Second, do you know this guy, I forgot his name, Martymor whatever? I think he needs to stop writing these sappy stories about broken hearts and starts doing something more funnier. What do you think? I am sick of drama... pfhhhh...

Yes, I know Martymor! He's my half-plum! I do the happy stories, he does the drama stories! It's a perfect combination! I love his sad stories.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    @SummerFalls Ok my first theory is that is is another wonder child in the area and figures if the two work together they can do better within the program.

Ok Second theory is that the notes are from Leliana herself. There is something Leliana doesn't know about the government project and her older self came back from the future to warn her about it and protect her.

Ok that is all I have for now. Would have been up soon if my dog didn't chew threw my internet cord lol. At least the hubby knew how to fix it.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    @SummerFalls Ok my first theory is that is is another wonder child in the area and figures if the two work together they can do better within the program.

Ok Second theory is that the notes are from Leliana herself. There is something Leliana doesn't know about the government project and her older self came back from the future to warn her about it and protect her.

Ok that is all I have for now. Would have been up soon if my dog didn't chew threw my internet cord lol. At least the hubby knew how to fix it.

I'll get these added to the Red Room soon!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    @RachelRosebud Great chapter! I really love the way that Jack looks! He looks so much like his dad! He does have that shine--just like you say! I think mean little Zach in the freezer bunny t-shirt is my favorite! Love those fire looks, too!

That was such a fun chapter, thanks for writing it! And if you've got any game-aware Sims, please be sure to check out S-GAS!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited February 2015
    @CathyTea Lol, glad you like Zach - his rotation is coming up soon with Steve and Nina. Talking about spoilery, the Sims page has Zach's brother up on there - I've played it in my game, but haven't posted it yet. I will check out this S-GAS! Sounds gassy! :open_mouth: Edit: Ooo exciting!
  • Options
    @FloorRaisin Ohmigosh! I can't believe how thrilling it was for me to see Wolffdom enter into the multiverse! Serious big thrills of electricity to see your world matching up with @Bilmonaghan 's and @aroseinbloom . I adore Reagan Slone--to see her show up there! And to be cognizant! Holy shmoly!

So I think the emigrant effect is something real and noticeable to our Sims when they first arrive. (This would be an awesome session topic, if you're looking for one!) Reagan's malaise reminded me much of Annette et al's upon their first arrival. Your treatment of it is beautiful: something to do with the disappearance of one's entire culture, the anomy of finding one's identity and the identity of one's entire society eroded. It takes a while to move past that. Annette et al. don't seem to have any lingering sadness--but I thought they might.

But then, it seems like Reagan is making the adjustment quite quickly, too! I love how sneaky she looks! (Oh, I bet she'll love Leonora/Sunnyshay's soiree!)

Ravon is so cute! She looks like a Skinner!

Oh, my! It's so much fun to actually have people in the neighborhood, because now there's actually someone with whom to have neighborhood dynamics!

Awww. I love that Malcolm shared his awkwardness with her. That was really sweet. He's a great brother-in-law. And he'll make an awesome uncle.

What a fantastic chapter! It was a treat to have a long one. It felt short. I think I'll read it again.

• Options
    SavannahSavannah Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 2015
    Aw you guys <3

@carewren123 - thank you for tagging me in this.

I just posted a new chapter but I am afraid to say anything about it because it is so new that not even the participants of 'spoilery' have most likely read it yet.

Also in regards to 'obvious' vs sneaky twists and turns, I have actually done them both when writing LOL. So based on previous writing style, it wouldn't really give any more clues about what's to happen but I love love love scheming and theories myself so this thread is entertaining for sure and what a great treat to be able to get a peak into the minds of people who read my story! :]

I plan on continuing to write after this story is concluded and most likely will be a series of stories - where the next one will be a child of Dalton's that I am writing for. Kind of a legacy-ish but with stories?
  • Options
    @Savannah‌, omg that was an amazing chapter! Although, I had a sneaky suspicion that Erin was going to be a no-show. Although, I'm still thinking Erin is Lexi and that she couldn't make it because she was too worried.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I'm sure of one thing now... Lexi likes Dalton. Hypothetical...lol. It was so cute though.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    @Savannah I loved that chapter--I was so engrossed in it the whole way through! I am 55 years old--I've been in a steady, live-in relationship with the same person since I was 20. And, since it was so long ago, I had forgotten what it felt like when I was an infatuated teen sitting next to someone I was into and feeling that shot of electricity when our thighs touched! You wrote that so well, and it brought back those way-distant memories so vividly! Fiction becomes so awesome when it touches on the universal experience of being a person--all these little things that make up what it is to be alive here, that's what fiction can draw our attention to.

• Options
    @Bilmonaghan re. Transference of Affection : It makes me smile to no end to see that bear walking down the path and realize that ELP is inside of it! (I love how he believes he is bear, and then from the photo of his back, we can see the seam! :) ) And, yes. I have known bears to have existential thoughts. (Especially when they live in zoos, but that's another sad topic, altogether.) Oh! And I learned a new meaning of the word sleuth! How have I lived 55 years and NOT known that it was a sleuth of bears!

Oh, I absolutely adore the photo with Bryon and Allison rising simultaneously! And ditto with Alice and ELPBear. Gorgeous and what perfect timing to capture those moments. These touches add so much to your story!

Love the last photo!

I've discovered (through Annette) that Insane sims are more player-aware than other Sims. Insane Sims, through their habits of listening to other voices, know how to listen to other voices. So when we talk to them, they hear us! Non-insane Sims have to learn to listen--and to develop the capacity to listen, and I'm not sure that they're able and/or willing to do so.

Really fun chapter! As I read, I always watch where my scrollbox is as I move down the page, and I always feel a little sad on your chapters as that little box makes its downward progression towards page end.... :( Oh, well! The garden waits and there will be more chapters on other days!

• Options
    @SummerFalls - I think often internet meetings ends up in no-shows so I wanted to throw that in there too. I'm attempting to bring out a little bit of each aspect there can be to falling in love with someone online so I couldn't resist adding it lol.

@Carewren123 - It would make for cute puppy love, wouldn't it? ;]

@CathyTea - Thank you so much :] Like I just said to SummerFalls, I am trying to put in a little bit of realism into the writing and I'm always hoping that my readers will see that. I'm past the puppy love stage too (sadly.. or maybe not lol) but I can still mostly remember the awkwardness around it. Having that said, I don't think I'd want to relive my young teens again - middle-and high school can be rough years to go through! I always tell my brother that if he can get through middle school, he can get through anything life throws at him lol.

I am writing the next chapter as we speak and we will finally find out who Erin is - in the flesh!

Also I need to find this wonder child story that I must have missed because based on all this plottery stuff, it looks pretty amazing
  • Options
    @Savannah which Wonder Child story are you looking for? Is it SummerFalls'?

• Options
    Yes I think so lol. I had to scroll back to make sure and I just found the website. More to add to my list of what to read :]
  • Options
    @AkramA re. your chapter here: http://sims4fletcher.blogspot.com/2015/02/G03E06-voodoo-doll.html I really enjoyed reading it! I love Shea! She's so great the way she sees into everybody, and I really enjoyed the way you handled her not buying into the whole legacy thing. The line about "two white-squared bishops" cracks me up! Your characters have become so well-developed and real!

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @CathyTea‌ Thank you for reading! Unlike any other child sims, I see Shea as almost an adult character, because when I see a confident children they walk like an adult and because Shea is a self assured sims she's like confident 70% of the time. And those line wasn't even in until my re-reading, the plotline have been so complicated it is almost impossible to put any jokes in it.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    @Savannah YOU'RE SO BRILLLIANT!!!! Oh, my gosh! This chapter! Oh! The whole story! Man, this is epic! This is right up with some of the top reading experiences I've ever had! Wow! I was so moved by this chapter.

1) I love the way that you present all the internal experiences that move through Dalton--and the body language/facial expressions reflect that and enhance that so effectively!

2) The plot! You genius! It's so perfect! At first, I was thinking Zack was gay. And so I was thinking, Ok, this could be interesting. And my mind was spinning out all sorts of ways that particular plot line might unfold. Then, when he reveals why he did the whole thing! Wow! It's just fantastic!

3) I love the way you're portraying Lexie--she's so appealing, so attractive, so vulnerable.

4) I also love the way you're revealing Dalton and his response. It can be so hard for us to understand our emotional responses--especially when we've kept them with specific limits and boundaries--and you have Dalton express that beautifully.

5) Your pace is perfect--you know how to get the build-up, the suspension, the reveal, and then to keep it all going.

Wow. So happy to be a fan!

(And thank you so much for all the care and talent you devote to this and for sharing it with us.)

• Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @CathyTea‌ and awesomely useful thread too hehe.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    @CathyTea‌ and awesomely useful thread too hehe.

I kept getting into trouble with saying too much in my responses--and then when I didn't express my thoughts/responses fully, I felt frustrated. So I figured this way, we could say everything we wanted to say about a story without worrying about it! :)

• Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    @CathyTea‌ Thank you for reading! Unlike any other child sims, I see Shea as almost an adult character, because when I see a confident children they walk like an adult and because Shea is a self assured sims she's like confident 70% of the time. And those line wasn't even in until my re-reading, the plotline have been so complicated it is almost impossible to put any jokes in it.

Shea is great! I love the way you present her. She reminds me of @DavidMcSessy 's Caitlyn, the way that she's so insightful and knows what she wants.