Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The SIMposium-Participant Registration now open!

Comments

• Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    @aroseinbloom I lurk more than I speak. I'm working on changing that lol. Sweet can't wait. Just one more question. Can I have the same sim attend multiple events?
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    @aroseinbloom I lurk more than I speak. I'm working on changing that lol. Sweet can't wait. Just one more question. Can I have the same sim attend multiple events?

Yes! We are of the mindset here, that time and space is just a figment of the imagination and as long as you, the player, believe a Sim can be in two or more places at the same time, we believe it, too.

Once the participant form opens up, there will be sign up info on how to get your Sim on the gallery properly (hashtags to use, etc.) so that those who are hosting know how to find your Sims!
  • Options
    PyliathesunelfPyliathesunelf Posts: 949 Member
    This sounds super cool! Can't wait to read what comes out of it!
    I would have loved to have a sim participate, but they are all mostly gnomes. ^_^

We accept one and all! If we can figure out how to get them there, we will!

Well, I guess the only problem is choosing one of them. 0.o;; I better go in game and ask which one wants to have a bit of fun. ^_~
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    I'm really interested but unfortunately, my only game-aware sim has custom content.

Hmmmm...I still want you to be in this! How can we make this work? Perhaps your Sim can tele-commute and watch a session or two (or 3 or 10) via the computer/Skype and then talk about it. I'm sure we can partner with a host or two so that your Sim can still virtually be included.

We could also look for hosts who are willing to accept Custom Content.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I'm currently working on some residences to shove your sims in! They can't just be homeless for when your hosting... We're not that mean ;)

We're going fancy and using some of @RachelRosebud 's and @Carewren123 's homes. And Cathy Tea says she won't participate unless we also get @FloorRaisin 's Bunny Cafe!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Bahaha, I've jumped instead to making my event park, I think it's coming along good so far! I'll get a screenshot :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options

I think it would be cool to just...send a Sim. That makes me think...@CathyTea Peyton would love to meet you. I know it. Maybe you could penpal her a letter about this event and she could go. Ooooo!! That could be how Thalia learns about it! You email her, she mentions it to Thalia in passing, Thalia remembers Annette...and then, off they go!

Oh, squee! Totally cool! Does Peyton want to meet ME (on this side of the screen) or Young Cathy Tea? If she wants to meet me, then she should attend Annette's "Behind the Screen: Making Friends with Your Player." If she wants to meet Young Cathy Tea, she will be leading a session called, "Beyond Coding."

I'll ask her to email Peyton soon. (I--on this side of the screen--can also email her, if you'd prefer.) I've got two chapters for that family in the draft bucket, and I should be able to post the email-Peyton (Oh! Young Cathy Tea hasn't even emailed her since the whole Elderberry Tea thing!)--anyway, I should be able to post the email-Peyton chapter Sunday or early Monday. :)

• Options
    I willing to share my sim self she is still under development but is almost done. Do I need to fill anything out for a sim to participate?

There's going to be a thread for SimSelves! :)

• Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Oh! Lemme give it a lookover and upload it - it'll be later when I'm back at the house for a while. (It's a super tiny venue.)
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    @FloorRaisin All the better for loners! (Actually, I think I'm the only loner. My two Simselves who are attending are not loners. I have two Simselves hidden in other games who are loners, but, you know. Loners. They are NOT interested in attending a Simposium, unless they're allowed to simply sit alone in the Bunny Cafe. Which they could, actually!)

• Options
    Here's what I've built so far for my event park;

02-21-15_4-13nbspPM_zps91befe33.png

That's only the stage and seating area, behind it, I plan to have a park area full of stuff (plus the toilet).
    In the Neighbourhood, I think I want to have two large homes to suit the household of sims but also a Community Lot where they can go :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
  • Options
    Oh gosh, this is just too exciting! I asked my readers who they would like to see, so I'm waiting for that. But if you needed any lots, I have one in the making right now. (Although it's a really big lot and probably not as spectacular as the others.) Also, I want to see this Bunny Cafe @FloorRaisin! It sounds so adorable!
  • Options
    I should look up this Bunny a Cafe by @FloorRaisin!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    That's only the stage and seating area, behind it, I plan to have a park area full of stuff (plus the toilet).
    In the Neighbourhood, I think I want to have two large homes to suit the household of sims but also a Community Lot where they can go :)

Super cool! This is lovely and exciting! Curmudgeon Cathy Tea asked me to tell you that she loves butterflies, so the more flowers (at least hidden in the corner of a lot somewhere) would be, as she says, "Frickin' awesome."

• Options

02-21-15_4-13nbspPM_zps91befe33.png

That's looking really good! ^_^ I can't wait to see how it turns out!
  • Options
    Oh, there will definitely be lots of flowers @CathyTea‌! And areas for lonersims :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I have a question for people who have already applied to host. What number did you put down for the max number of Sims you'd be willing to host? I'm trying to get an idea of what would be a reasonable number to attempt?
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I willing to share my sim self she is still under development but is almost done. Do I need to fill anything out for a sim to participate?

There's going to be a thread for SimSelves! :)

YAY!!!! Can't wait.:)
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    @Carewren123 I put down 25--which is a lot. Since I've had experience with Plum Day and hosting Elder and Cathy's wedding, I've had some experience with this.

During the busiest days of Plum Day (when the Nunleys were staying over), we had 18 guest Sims. Since that was more Sims than could be in one event at a time, we rotated through having different Sims attend each event.

For Elderberry Tea, we had 11 guests at a time, staying in two different houses, and that felt very manageable! We still took turns with the visiting and events, but, for me, 11 was not an unmanageable amount to think about.

I figure that I can hold multiple sessions for this.

Probably, if I were to look for a comfortable number for myself to host, I would guess around 10.

• Options
    @Carewren123 I put down 10-20 :)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Okay sounds about like what I was thinking. I was thinking 20 myself because I figure then I would only have to manage three households including my hosts.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Whew! Just got caught up. I have some family stuff to do today, and an eight hour drive back home, but tonight I'll try to get completely caught up and figure out Google Docs and everything.

As for people having Sims with cc, I didn't even think about that...Fey hair is cc, but I suppose she could go 'in disguise' to some events (I'm thinking the Grim Reaper hood, tbh). Because I use cc, I'm totally fine with downloading cc for Sims who want to participate in Fey's "support group." I'll just need the links (or at least the website you used -- I'm pretty good at hunting down cc).

These events sound so great! I'm going to have more fun 'attending' than I will hosting, I think! (But hosting will be fun too, I'm sure!) Love the ideas so far -- you all are so freaking creative!!
  • Options
    you all are so freaking creative!!

Guh! You are so creative, Ms. Inspiration-for-this-entire-SIMposium!

• Options
    Inspiration for the Sim-nation, Ms. @JordanNicoleJJ‌!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Right, I've added flowers. I'm working on the other areas now :smiley:

02-21-15_5-06nbspPM_zps1b514ff3.png
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png