Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The SIMposium-Participant Registration now open!

aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
s-gas3.png
SIMposium for Game Aware Sims (S-GAS)

Fellow Simmers,

@CathyTea, @sunnyshay‌, @Bilmonaghan‌, @jordannicoleJJ, & @FloorRaisin (and myself) have been working hard to bring you the ultimate symposium event, so we (of course us) put together S-GAS!!!

It's not a super serious symposium, so don't be intimated...I mean, it'🐸🐸🐸🐸-GAS, afterall.

You might be wondering, what is S-GAS?
S-GAS is an event that will happen in games across the world during the month of March. It is designed for Sims who know they are Sims existing in a game played by a player (you, mostly likey). If you have any Sims like that, then S-GAS is for you!

How Can You and Your Sim Participate?
During March, S-GAS sessions will be happening all over Simdom. We are currently calling for hosts and presenters. Registration for participants will open once all the SIMposium sessions have been selected.

What's a host?
A host is a player and their Sims who are willing to run sessions and events throughout the month (based on your availability). You will be in charge of downloading participant and session presenter Sims to your world, as well as, following through with the sessions you receive.

What's a session?
A session is a gathering (formal or informal) that happens in a host's world. Each session is based on a theme and is presented by a Sim. If you can't host, you can still present! All you need to do is put together some ideas and get them to me, then I'll find the right host to run the session.

You need to know more, I know...head on over to the main S-GAS page and click around.

Already know this is for you? Great!

Click here to fill out the Host Proposal form.

Click here to fill out the Session Proposal form.

Still unsure? Maybe it seems like a big time commitment? That's okay, find a friend and work together on a Session....click here for the Session Proposal form (Multiple Presenters)

Please keep in mind that our (flexible) deadline for submissions is February 27, 2015. Thank you!

Now what? Ask us questions and share the news about S-GAS with everyone you know! We're really excited about this.
Post edited by aroseinbloom on

Comments

• VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    Oh wow, this sounds like so much fun! Super looking forward to reading all the great things folks come up with :cookie:
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    @VanityHigh I hope you and your Sims feel like participating! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Hahaha! I could send my simself... If I upload him! I can't send anyone else though XD Since they aren't self-aware........... *ominous ellipsis*
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
    Oh, my simmies are all blissfully unaware that they're being manipulated to fulfill my own whims :grinning:

Although I may have a participant who'd be willing to open their mind a little :smile:
    VanityHigh wrote: »
    Oh, my simmies are all blissfully unaware that they're being manipulated to fulfill my own whims :grinning:

Although I may have a participant who'd be willing to open their mind a little :smile:

WHAT ABOUT IF I SENT AN UNAWARE SIM WHO ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLES UPON THE CONVENTION.
    We could do that @VanityHigh‌ ;)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    Well, I was actually at a loss as to what to do with a little family I have tucked away and ready to go for when A Murder Most Plum wraps up and this has given me a great idea for someone to get involved in ;)
    Hahaha! I could send my simself... If I upload him! I can't send anyone else though XD Since they aren't self-aware........... *ominous ellipsis*

That sounds interesting! I wonder if Simselves would have specific ideas and observations to discuss. What do you think?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    VanityHigh wrote: »

WHAT ABOUT IF I SENT AN UNAWARE SIM WHO ACCIDENTALLY STUMBLES UPON THE CONVENTION.
    We could do that @VanityHigh‌ ;)

I know! Wouldn't that be amazing! Mind Blown!

• BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hey @aroseinbloom, I submitted something but from the test page so it may have died en route. Lemme know.

ADDED: Just go your note. Good. Thanks
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
    CathyTea wrote: »

That sounds interesting! I wonder if Simselves would have specific ideas and observations to discuss. What do you think?

Oooh! My simself could host a discussion about Simselves!

Simselves
    - Meet and Greet other Simselves
    - Learning about yourself is learning about your player
    - Becoming your own person
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    They're just general ideas though :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png

Simselves

Oh! I have three Simselves who want to attend! @aroseinbloom has the Host form set up, when you're ready to submit.

(I realize that your sessions might fill up quickly, so maybe only one of my Simselves will actually be accepted. That's ok--she can get together with the other two to fill them all in.)

Simselves

Oh! I have three Simselves who want to attend! @aroseinbloom has the Host form set up, when you're ready to submit.

(I realize that your sessions might fill up quickly, so maybe only one of my Simselves will actually be accepted. That's ok--she can get together with the other two to fill them all in.)

I'll send a form in straight away!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    I've hopefully got my host submission sent in! I'm currently just making a new avatar while editing my simself, Bahaha :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Oh my simself would be all over that like a fat sim on a cupcake :wink:
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Oh, I'd love to send some sims too. As far as hosting or presenting, I'm not sure. I guess I just don't have any great ideas coming to me right now. I wish I could read an example session or something before the deadline. I need to find something to inspire some ideas in me. Maybe just loading up the game and playing around will spark something. I'll get back to ya.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Carewren123 You can look over some samples on the page at AroseinbloomSims. And I'm happy to serve as a sounding board for you (or anyone interested) if you'd like to PM me.

You can also PM me too :D
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    Hey @carewren123, some people have sent in submissions. Tomorrow I'm going to do a page of approved session proposals so that a) you all can get an idea of what to submit (though I'm entirely up for creative anything) and so b) those are still questioning if this is going to be awesome can see the awesome that's going to happen :)

Simselves

I suppose I need a SimSelf...
    Just so everyone knows (and it helps me on the back end)...

I know it might be a bit of extra work, but if you (your Sim) is offering his/her world as a hosting spot, please fill out the Host Proposal. If your Sim also wants to present a few sessions in his/her host world, please put those together in the Session Proposal section, this way I have descriptions and such to offer the interested participants when the time comes.

Also, I separated the forms because it is easier for me to find the hosts versus the sessions and match them up appropriately.

Don't forget!! Even if you're hosting, you can also participate and present in other host worlds...that's the fun of holograms/time-space/doing whatever the plum we want!

Thank you!
    Okay I think I have an idea or a couple of ideas for something I could host now. I'll send in the forms, but I wanted to share the idea here first. And thanks @CathyTea and @SummerFalls for the offer of PMs. I'm sure we'll do plenty of that if any of us end up sending presenters to one another :)

Okay so I'm thinking of hosting a nature-themed one. But I'm torn between that and a skilling themed one. So I need to decide...

And I also had an awesome idea for a presentation to send to one of the three already approved hosting events. I'm going to play that one a little close to the chest for now. But I'm already excited because it will mean collaborating with someone I haven't interacted with much yet here on the forums.

E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
    @Carewren123‌ The closest collaboration I've come to is The Chain Letter, which I haven't written yet :D and that unplanned cross-over into the Pruett Legacy, but other than that... I can interact with people YAAAY
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    I haven't ever done anything as collaborative as this either. The Chain Letter Project, like you said, and I've sent people Sims but that's about it.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:

Oh, Carewren! Nature-themed? How exciting! I think I (as in myself) may need to attend that one! @aroseinbloom Can players participate as participants?