The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

custom music still won't work

After the latest patch the custom music just won't play at all. It's listed but will not sound out any music. I am sure its a glitch that needs to be patched. Hoping soon!

Comments

• Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    Do the music files you put in the custom music folder have album art? Because I had the same problem and removing the art on the music files fixed it.
  • Options
    Huntress1181Huntress1181 Posts: 186 Member
    No, I don't think so. How do we check? I put single files of mp3 in there.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    have you tried installing new files
  • Options
    Yup multiple times. I even tried converting them to MP3 files which always worked before in previous Sims games. I am unsure whats going on now. So strange.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    well shoot ok can you try this move your my documents/electronic arts/sims 4 folder to the desktop run a test game and save turn off some song in a channel before exiting and then add songs tot hat channel and test it could be game data corruption
  • Options
    Hmm, TThanks. Okay going to try that. Also going to shut my mods off. How about clearing the catch too? Lol, I need my music to work. lol, makes the game more enjoyable.
  • Options
    Tried just all that, didn't work. I know I recently had to do a system reboot which is when it all happened the music would not play...well after the last patch too, yet I am wondering if its cuz of authorization for music? I used the music I have from my Zune, which is where i keep all my music. So weird. Nothing is working
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It's not working for me either.
  • Options
    Has anyone tried to convert MP3's and see if that works?
  • Options
    RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    I don't get any mp3 files to play at venues such as gym and lounge. The weird thing is they will play on the home stereo when on my home lot. They don't play on the venue speaker however. For example I have pop music mp3s that play on the homelot stereo. They do not however play on the gym venue pop music speaker.
  • Options
    DaleylifeDaleylife Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2015
    I just spent a bunch of time placing custom music into my game. I also am not getting it to play at venues. It does play at home, but I've encountered a strange thing where going to "next song" replays the current song before it'll switch to my custom music. This does need to be looked at.

EDIT: This is a known bug at The Sims 4 Official bug report forum, just noted last week. So, they are aware of it.
  • Options
    whatisit1326YTwhatisit1326YT Posts: 61 Member
    It just displays a weird name like UUU U UUUUUUU in game options, and won't play at all. I tried 128 kbs, 320 kbs, nothing. It's still mp3, but it just won't work.
  • Options
    MSoles7MSoles7 Posts: 5 New Member
    I've managed to figured out how to solve the UUUU U UUUUUU name, I used a program called Mp3Tag (google that up) and simply go to each station and saved each mp3 with new tags which of course will display the names of the song and artist perfectly.

But even then, it still doesn't want to play the new Mp3's that's been added. Something tells me that it's a major bug that's been ignored for a long time.
  • Options
    clemsams50clemsams50 Posts: 2 New Member
    It really frustrates me that they haven't fixed this yet. GRRR.
  • Options
    jayisricejayisrice Posts: 194 Member
    so its not just me.