The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Who Wear Watches

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    GuruBChick will likely close this thread and move it over to Off Topic. If we don't get back on the topic of wrist watches in Sims 4. :)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    Also it does depend on the age and location of the person, a teacher I had in primary school would smack the hands of left handed kids with a rule, and, I'm not 'that' old, was just a kind of horrific teacher.
    Nasty Teacher I would of hit her back.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    Yeah there was this really weird period where you'd have teachers disciplining children because "Lefties are the devil's minions" or something absurd. No idea where the fudge that came in. Left handed people are after all in their right minds >.>

I do wish the Sims watch/jewelry options were ambidextrous - always found it odd how you have a ring that can only go on the right hand while another completely different ring only goes on the left, so on and so forth with watches and jewelry.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    Guys, if we keep on this topic of teachers punishing students. Then I'll be forced to close this thread, and request GuruBChick to move it to Off Topic. :(
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I'm left handed, but I usually wear watches and bracelets on my right wrist because I find it easier to play violin that way, not because someone told me to.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    I'm right handed, and I've worn watches on the left since I was a kid because wearing them on the right makes it harder to write for me. I guess my wrist is used to being on a flat surface when writing.

I think handedness was originally a feature mentioned for The Sims 4, but I'm not sure if they actually implemented it. I agree that having accessory pieces for both hands would've been nice, like in The Sims 2 for all earrings.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I have not worn a wrist watch in years. I've always found them to be a bit uncomfortable when wearing one, no matter which wrist that I had the watch. Now you're all probably wondering well why did you create this thread in the first place? It's simple, just because I find wrist watches to be uncomfortable. It doesn't mean that I can't have my sims wearing them in the game. And I find it a bit silly that they should create only right handed wrist watches for the game. :)
  • Options
    LethevertLethevert Posts: 2 New Member
    You guys are all so nonchalant about this. :#
    I was very frustrated with the fact that Sims only had option to wear a watch on the right hand! It doesn't make sense, anybody who loves wearing watches knows it's supposed to be worn on their left hand (unless they're left-handed). If you don't believe me, google pictures of people wearing watches, and majority will have it on their left hand.
    With majority of population being right handed, I think if sims had to have only one option, it should be left hand... (tho I agree you should be able to make a choice).

The unspoken rule may sound stupid to many of you, but like you already noted, it's like that for many reasons - doing chores and writing with your dominant arm. The same goes for wedding rings. It's just an unspoken rule, that people all over the world follow, and I don't understand why a game like sims, who tries to bring every day life as close as possible, can't follow that.

Needless to say I'm VERY disappointed. :/
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2016
    They did add a left-wrist watch with Spa Day. It's a plastic-looking sports watch.

Agree that all bracelets (and all earrings) should have left and right versions. Maybe gloves and socks too.
  • Options
    KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    I always thought you wear it on the opposite wrist because if your dominant hand is busy writing or something, you don't have to stop to check the time.
  • Options
    KatsKats wrote: »
    I always thought you wear it on the opposite wrist because if your dominant hand is busy writing or something, you don't have to stop to check the time.
    They do! EmmaVane is correct. They had added left handed watches in Spa Day, since the posting of this thread.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    This drives me nuts. Every single time I have to put a watch on the right wrist, it makes my own wrists tingle uncomfortably. (Not exactly an OCD thing, but similar.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    This drives me nuts. Every single time I have to put a watch on the right wrist, it makes my own wrists tingle uncomfortably. (Not exactly an OCD thing, but similar.)
    I never had that with the watches! But when I go to put one, the watch band pinches my skin. And that's uncomfortable to me!

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I never had that with the watches! But when I go to put one, the watch band pinches my skin. And that's uncomfortable to me!

I mean when I put watches on my Sims' right wrist. I would never put one on my own :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have always thought that if you are right handed, you wear your watch on your left wrist so that you don't damage it by bumping it up against something. Now all the sims in Sims 4 right handed. So why are they wearing their watches on their right wrist? :\

Actually the sims in TS4 have a hidden trait that makes them either left handed or right handed you can see what your sim is if you pay very close attention to certain activities they perform.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I have always thought that if you are right handed, you wear your watch on your left wrist so that you don't damage it by bumping it up against something. Now all the sims in Sims 4 right handed. So why are they wearing their watches on their right wrist? :\

Actually the sims in TS4 have a hidden trait that makes them either left handed or right handed you can see what your sim is if you pay very close attention to certain activities they perform.
    I wouldn't call that a hidden trait because you can see that. In fact I don't consider that a trait at all. But I have even noticed my own sims doing just that. They start doing something with their right hand. And then suddenly they start doing things with their left hand. It's like the sims are neither left or right handed, at least to me they seem like that in my game.

• Options
    tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member

Fun fact: there are left handed sims in sims 4 :smile:
  • Options

Fun fact: there are left handed sims in sims 4 :smile:
    At first, I thought that the sims were right handed, and then left handed. And now I have noticed that they are both or neither because they use both of their hands.

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,723 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm lefthanded and I wear my watch on my left hand. XD Anyway, aren't there some watches that are for the right hand? I can't really remember tho. But I think for guys, there's only a couple and they're both on the right. But I swear I've seen some for the left hand (for the females, maybe), unless I was dreaming. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm lefthanded and I wear my watch on my left hand. XD Anyway, aren't there some watches that are for the right hand? I can't really remember tho. But I think for guys, there's only a couple and they're both on the right. But I swear I've seen some for the left hand (for the females, maybe), unless I was dreaming. XD
    Some people do do that. So you're not the only one.