Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    I don't believe there are winners, just a fun little thing to do each week. :)
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    I don't believe there are winners, just a fun little thing to do each week. :)

Hello @gladlypants :) We were posting at the same time! :) You are right what you wrote. I posted also about this on the previous page
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16915080/#Comment_16915080
  • Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Thank you all: @rosemow, @Isnishi, @coolsim9999999, @TheWoodenslurpy, @PitlordMaggie and @MrsHosni for the hugs, well wishes, care and support. Yes, I do know I'm not alone, there are millions of others going through the same and so much worse.
    However, although logic doesn't much apply in my case, I appreciate everyone's comments and kindness. <3<3<3

Thank you @coolsim9999999 for your earlier wishes and cheering up.
    Thank you @TheWoodenslurpy for your support and sharing your own situation. I'm an open person, so you're welcome to pm me as well after you become a full member (not sure if new member can send pms), if you want to talk as well.

"You Shall Have No Pie" room is wonderfully light and sunny like a soft breeze of arriving spring, spreading happiness and joy @coolsim9999999. I wasn't familiar with the nursery rhyme at all until I googled it. You've done marvelous job at telling the rhyme in the room. And that kitty bedroom is more so a kitty mansion!

"A Kittens Nature Retreat" is a fun cat shaped room with all the essentials any kitten could ever need @AlJay. Love that kitty litter placement and the paw prints leading there.

"Room for 3 Kitties" is a happy and lively looking home with plenty to do and explore @PearLady. The grass imitating wallpaper and the cat stickers peeking behind each litter box are very nice touches. Also the wall plants make the room feel fresh and loved.

"Quad Kitty Rooms" is an intriguing and clever design @Fizzstix. Love the pastel purple color theme and as if having an outdoor training area. Well done. Cute pictures btw.!

"Kitty Haven" has a brilliant color theme that will excite any sim to play and spend time with their dear kitties @Allears. That room expresses love towards life.

"Cat Condo" truly is a CAT condo @PitlordMaggie. Love the details, colors and that it looks lived by the sim as well, not only by the kitties. The separate cat "kitchen/caring corner" gives a vet clinic vibe.

"Triple The Sunshine" is a very sweet nursery @SmallAurelius. The popping colors gives a happy feeling and inspires for imagination. The proud parents will have a handfull!

Welcome @Rijayden1987! "Lavender Kitty Corner" is pretty and vibrant, cheerful and relaxing at the same time. I've never seen those cat scrathing posts so I guess they are from my first pet stuff pack? Great room to play, be happy and run wild (as cats often do, as if being on fire).

"3 Little Kittens" is an adorable room @Broncos4life. The story behind it is heart warming. All those paw prints on the walls circling the room are a lovely touch. Did one of the kitties ran to a stash of excess paint buckets? :wink:

"Triplets Pastel Nursery" is beautiful @Vicingus. Love everything about it from colors to details and overall feel. Especially love the way you've brought a touch of the outdoors inside.

"Triplets Castle Nursery", omg... a moment of silence in pure awe of the awesomeness @luckyheather. It's so gorgeous that I'm stupefied! A dream nursery for the rich and/or handy... I have no words, just love it!

"The Cats Meow Living Room", wow, that's a royal kitty palace room @ZKirian! Spectacular in all its opulent style and decor. That's a bold room, yet elegant. I can imagine those kitties having their own service staff while the "owners" (all cat people know, they own us!) are living their fabulously rich and social life.

"Sunshine Kittens" is a lovely room in calming beige, full of love, memories and kittens... and in need of little reno here and there @Hisaosaka. Nice work all in all, very homey.

"Sunroom and Yard" is fabulous @lsnishi. Love, love, love that kitty garden! Have always dreamed of having something similar to my boys but it's impossible in an apartment building - sigh. Gorgeous details, simply love everything about it inside-out!

"Cat Shelter Room" is brilliant and clever @gladlypants. Very well done, great colors and real nicely thought as an entry.

"Pink Triplets Nursery" is a wonderful, bright nursery for the three little princess' @SheriGR. Great story, layout, everything. A room filled with love.

"Jungle Cat Jungle Gym" is a perfect room for little rascals trying out their claws and balance, learning the tricks of being clever cats @TheWoodenslurpy. Can't imagine a kitty or a grown up cat that wouldn't love that room!

Sorry for giving shorter and more repetitive comments towards the end... getting winded as there was much to go through and forcing the effort drains more energy.
  • Options
    You’re welcome @Gwiniel <3
    You were very kind and thoughtful in writing all the encouraging words about the rooms :) It is very special of you <3 Please though don’t make yourself tired doing it. You are not feeling too good, and I wouldn’t want it to make you feel more tired and drain you.
  • Options
    AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @Gwiniel Thanks so much for your lovely review of Kitty Haven! :) Hope you are feeling better very soon {{HUGS}}
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for the lovely reviews and highlights of each room @Gwiniel. It was very nice of you to take the time to do it and it gave everyone who submitted a room, a little smile.

I hope you know we all care about your well-being. Please don't apologize for not having the energy to do things; we understand how draining it can be. Hugs and much love to you!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    TheWoodenslurpyTheWoodenslurpy Posts: 39 Member
    Lovely comments for all of us from @Gwiniel. It means a lot. Also, G, when I become a full member, I'll send you a PM.
  • Options
    You have the required points to become a full member but just need some more posts, and then you will become a full member @TheWoodenslurpy :)
    You are invited to visit this thread and introduce yourself.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow! Introduced myself just a few minutes ago. :) <3
  • Options
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @Gwiniel for your nice comments. I always appreciate when people have such nice things to say, as words are definitely my weakness. I am sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I will pray that you will feel yourself very soon!
    Oh, and I absolutely loved your collage of kitten pictures!! And your mama cat looks almost like my real life furball 🙂
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Entry Form
    Challenge 193
    Theme for the week: A furnished room for three little kittens or triplet babies <3
    Gallery name of the room: The Cats Meow
    Origin id: wrathofcath

01-14-19_8%253A14%253A27%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A15%253A13%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A17%253A09%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A17%253A52%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A18%253A59%25C2%25A0PM.png
    01-14-19_8%253A20%253A45%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A21%253A13%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A26%253A54%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A31%253A55%25C2%25A0PM.png

01-14-19_8%253A32%253A55%25C2%25A0PM.png
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Gorgeous triplet rooms everyone! :)

Thank you for the adorable kitten pictures @rosemow! <3 Such a fun and sweet challenge this week! :blush:

@Gwiniel, You always take the time to leave such lovely, thoughtful comments for everyone... I don't know how you do it. There are so many entries each week, I feel overwhelmed at the thought of it. Sending you big hugs and lots of love. <3
  • Options
    The design and furnishing of The Cats Meow is very nice! @WrathofCath :) Very nice and pretty green and white colour scheme of the room! The letters spelling out The Three Kittens words looks great! The hearts are pretty touches either sides of the words and either sides of the pictures on the sleeping nook wall. Thankyou very much for using my kittens pictures in your room! :) Very nice nook area where each of the kittens have their own kitty litter box, and will like using the cat tree and cat post there. The kittens will have fun playing with the toys from the pets toy box on the white rug in the middle of the room, Gracie and the kittens would enjoy playing with the cat wand! Very nice sleeping nook for the kittens to enjoy sleeping together on their own green or white pet bed. They will enjoy eating from the food bowls in the food corner nook. The light look great in the corner, and the cat calendar is a homely touch. Very nice windows sofa seat nook! Gracie will enjoy resting there with her kittens, enjoying sunshine coming in onto her. The cat statues are a nice touch either sides of the bookcase . The cat prints look great on the nook and corner walls through the room! The wall clock is a nice home touch. The kittens will enjoy listening to the music through the wall speaker. The kittens are so very cute! <3
    The cats themed furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you @WrathofCath. Your Cat's meow is a wonderful room filled with energy and joy to the brim! Love the colors, furnishing/choice of style and the painted letters with the wooden hearts.

The "secret" is that I have no other life taking my time... meaning family, work, school, many friends.. the usual. So I can decide to where I pour my energy to (if/when I have it). I can no longer cope with a "normal" life, although would have loved to have a family of my own. Had no luck though and my days for bearing a child are running out faster than a bullet train. All the could of, would of, should of stuff that didn't come true.
  • Options
    Uncanny, but I'm in almost the very same position right now dealing with feelings of missed opportunities and missed life deadlines. Sometimes makes it hard to breathe. I've been "coping" by embedding myself in creating.

I don't want to bring down the room, so I'll just say that anybody else dealing with life stuff who needs a friend can chat me up. I'm pretty open about things and a good listener.

> @Gwiniel said:
    >
    > The "secret" is that I have no other life taking my time... meaning family, work, school, many friends.. the usual. So I can decide to where I pour my energy to (if/when I have it). I can no longer cope with a "normal" life, although would have loved to have a family of my own. Had no luck though and my days for bearing a child are running out faster than a bullet train. All the could of, would of, should of stuff that didn't come true.
  • Options
    Am sorry to hear that @TheWoodenslurpy as I would never wish anyone to go through similar stuff and/or worse. Send you a pm.
  • Options
    I send more hugs to you @Gwiniel and @TheWoodenslurpy <3 Along life’s journey, the pathway may not have the things that we thought that it may have when we were starting out , and may involve quite painful times. The painful times are not nice :( There isn’t a normal life. Everyone has their own pains, their own joys, their own hopes and dreams that may or may not eventuate. Deep down inside, try to keep thinking that you are very special and that how you feeling inside is cared about by others. People that may not have met you in person, but are keeping you in their thoughts as you endure through the pain , the depression and the anxiety <3 Sending love to surround your inner tears.
  • Options
    Thank you, @rosemow and @Gwiniel. You're right; there isn't a normal life. Your kindness & understanding is appreciated.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Gwiniel and @TheWoodenslurpy, it's often hard to find meaning and joy in life when it takes unexpected or unwanted turns. Please know that people do care when you're hurting. And sometimes, just sometimes that unexpected or unwanted turn brings some unforeseen good thing or opportunity you never imagined. Take care of yourselves. Hugs and much love!!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow, @TheWoodenslurpy and @lsnishi, much appreciated <3<3<3 However, lets not hijack rose's marvelous challenge thread and its warm and cheerful atmosphere further with these unrelated matters. Didn't realize how much resonance my words caused... so feel free to PM me, if something is in anybody's mind/heart and want to "talk" (write) to, so that we don't unnecessarily clutter this thread <3
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Gwiniel Thank you so much for your kind words on my room. I am the mom of 4 boys - 5 actually, as our Korean exchange student was here 5 years and is a son to me as well. My husband makes one kind. So... I had a ball making this room very, very girly. Hahaha...

Your room was fun, sweet and creative. I liked it very much, and the kitties would have a ball there. Can they really use those shelves? That would be so fun!

Can I say that I'm so sorry about your depression struggle and health issues. I'm glad you're able to be distracted by your game. I was clinically depressed during my initial OCD breakdown (which I think nearly killed me and I was basically home-bound). That was the time that I learned and played a lot of Sims 1 & 2 and it helped me considerably. It's interesting that you use sims to help distract and interact. I've also seen comments by several others here who say they play sims to help cope with illness. I think it's very smart that you also interact with friends here and participate in the competitions. I know people want to emphasize anonymity online, but that can be overrated. People need to treat each other with the same respect, kindness, and thoughtfulness as if they were face to face, as the person on the other end is a person, not a bot.

Please take care, young lady, and know we send you hugs, we wish you well, and we care. <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    SmallAureliusSmallAurelius Posts: 184 Member
    edited January 2019
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    "Triple The Sunshine" is a very sweet nursery @SmallAurelius. The popping colors gives a happy feeling and inspires for imagination. The proud parents will have a handfull!

Thank you so much for the lovely comment :smile:

Your room looks like great fun for a little litter to run around in! Your humanoid sims are very cool too - your female sim is such a babe :grin:

Also I just read along the last few pages to catch up a little (I didn't know I could bookmark a thread when I initially posted so I've been missing out). It's very brave to open up like that for both yourself and @TheWoodenslurpy about your mental health and personal challenges. I agree we shouldn't de-rail the thread much more (I just thought since I was in Rome anyway I would say so), but I find it amazing the love and support coming from so many people (including @rosemow and @lsnishi) and makes me feel very reassured and welcomed in the threads as someone who has battles of my own.

My hope is that everyone gets just a little more peace of mind coming their way <3

Edit: @SheriGR you and I must have been typing at the same time. So much support in this thread wow <3<3 Lots of people using Sims as a creative way to cope. Almost makes me think that TS forums needs a mental health category because we obviously have an amazing, open, supportive community here <3
  • Options
    SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @lsnishi Thank you so much for your kind comments on my room! Your sunroom & is awesome I love the design, and it looks like fun and very refreshing! I tried to find it in the gallery with no luck. Do I need a different link?
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    Hello @SheriGR :) It looks like a number may have been accidentally cut off the link when @lsnishi posted the room. Try seeing if you can access the room using this link
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4C51E0D1176511E98CEE0E70B7F05217
    You can also use the hashtag #oneroomoneweekonetheme to find the entries.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top