Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The design and furnishing of Fine Course Dining for Sally and her Pet Trainer friends is very nice! @ShadowFairy74 :) It was a great idea to have pet training as her career, and to set up a pet training course room area off from the main dining area! The pet training area looks very nice how it is set up with the course training items and pet gym item , with the pets toy box for Pets to have fun playing with toys, and food bowls for them to enjoy eating food. The walls of windows are nice in both areas of the room, letting nice sunshine into the room. Very nice furnishing of the dining table area! The fireplace will keep Sims warm whilst they enjoy eating their meals at the dining table, and they will either enjoy listening to the radio as background music, or have fun dancing to the music after eating their meal. The patterned dining chairs are a nice touch. The Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar before or after the meal. Very nice corner armchairs sitting nooks and windows curved sofa sitting area for Sims to rest there after a meal and enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The dog wall prints, pawprints , pet themed light signs. and dog posters are great touches on the walls in the room ! It is nice that there are pet beds there for pets to enjoy having a sleep.
    The furnishing of the room for Pet Trainers looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    ShadowFairy74ShadowFairy74 Posts: 46 Member
    tyvm @rosemow
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited October 2018
    Wow thanks @rosemow for that wonderful review of my dining room with Cinema screen :) Thanks for the great challenge too. I nearly did a dining room for a DJ but then I saw the great news about 'Get Famous' and had the idea ;) Im happy that you like it.

Thanks very much @WowDiva92 and @lsnishi
    Lovely dining room @AlJay
    Great colourful room @Hisaosaka
    The pet trainer is a great idea @ShadowFairy74 it looks great how you did the areas.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I had a lot of fun with this challenge. LouCvz did some pics of cocktail recipes and nat052970 did some pics of drinks that I've been dying to use. So I did a dining room for mixologists! Credit & thanks to LouCvz & nat052970 for their incredible art.

Theme for the week: A career themed dining room
    Gallery name of room: Dinner With Cocktails
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CD534CEECD7E11E8854B77C0F1EC7B3C
    Pics:
    gjW6ypz.png
    xldt95n.png
    MWrUxzg.png
    qZWzRuy.png
    cIJVZjX.png

awesome <3

where do you get those pictures from the walls from please?

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    They're wonderful pics @marcel21. They were uploaded to the gallery by LouCvz and nat052970. Check most popular rooms using the hashtag "bar" and they will show up under the creator names of LouCvz and nat052970. Or you can just search their account ID's on the gallery. The info is in the gallery notes on my build where I credited them.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    MrsHosniMrsHosni Posts: 108 Member
    Hi I am new here in the sims forum and as I recently got started building, uploading and browsing thru the gallery a lot. That's why I stumbled upon your one week one room challenge. I assume its free for everyone to enter so I may post my try on this week's theme soon. 😊 Hope you all have a nice weekend.
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    MrsHosni wrote: »
    Hi I am new here in the sims forum and as I recently got started building, uploading and browsing thru the gallery a lot. That's why I stumbled upon your one week one room challenge. I assume its free for everyone to enter so I may post my try on this week's theme soon. 😊 Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Hello @MrsHosni :) Welcome to the forums and the room challenge thread! It would be great if you would like to design a room for this week’s challenge and post pictures of it here :) Everyone is invited to enter a room in each week’s challenge :) I will look forward to seeing your room !

You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

Because you aren't a member yet, you can't post pictures that appear , but you can upload your pictures to a photo sharing site such as imgur , then right click the picture on the photo sharing site and copy/paste the image address link here. I can then post the pictures for you :)
    You will need though to replace the http in the address of the images with h.t.t.p as you are a new member and can’t post links.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2018
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A career-themed dining room
    Origin ID: coolsim9999999
    Gallery name of room: Spacerocking Dining
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6F6EC0B0CF4711E881B5B573E4FD424D?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    Back Story:
    Sally Ride, the astronaut, thoroughly enjoys her job. Therefore, she's holding a dinner party in her home dining room. She's decorated the room with items to suit her career because her co-workers will be coming for dinner tonight.
    Note: Astronauts prefer to dine outdoors because of the rocket ship.
    Pictures of the room:
    GvxQGIT.jpg
    bird’s eye view of the room
    preparation and awaiting the arrival of her astronaut co-workers
    jDFq7dS.jpg
    zcauu1V.jpg
    practicing making drinks
    jDtrdAJ.jpg
    awaiting her friends very near arrival
    yceDciL.jpg
    shot showing most of the room
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    It is a great idea that Sally is an Astronaut! @coolsim9999999 :) The design and furnishing of the room to reflect her astronaut carreer looks very nice! The pink and black chequered flooring and walls looks so effective for the room! The rocket looks great in the room! Sally will enjoy doing space traveling in the rocket after the dining party is over and her guests have left. The rockets are great touches on the blue cubes either sides of the rocket nook and the bar counter area. The blue curved statues are nice touches in the corners of the rocket nook.The enlarged pink space rocks look great in the room and suit the room type very well. She would have collected them on her space travels. Very nice bar counter area! Sally and her Astronaut friends will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The drinks wall cabinet and the large drink bottle look great there. The space themed poster, string of rocket patterned pennants and the rocket pictures on the side walls are very nice touches there. The astronaut statue suits the room well! The science themed desk is very nice for Sally to enjoy sitting at and using the computer. Very nice dining table area. It is nice that the dining chairs are coloured blue. The Sims will enjoy dining at the table , eating and drinking food and drinks from the buffet table and fountain. The hanging space themed mobiles are nice touches in the room. Very nice dance and book shelf area of the room. The rocket pictures look great on the wall! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the seats near the fireplace reading astronomy books or have fun dancing to the stereo music
    The Astronomy rocket themed furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) I finished my Build for this weeks theme. I hope you like it and if there are any suggestions on improving my Room please let me know as I like to get better in building in the Sims 4.

@rosemow I hope I did everything right with the uploading Part.

Have a great Sunday you all :)

Origin ID: EESAZ07

Gallery name of room: A Writers Dining Chaos

Gallery Link: h.t.t.p.s://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BC7382F2CF9E11E883F2B573E4FD424D

Back Story: Sally is a female Author who just got a Contract with a big publishing Agency. She decided to host a Dinner for her Team tomorrow. While brushing her teeth she had an idea for her next book and immediately started writing. The hours passed by until the doorbell rang, Sally totally desperate with a messy dining room and no food prepared, hopes her new co-workers like some grilled cheese sandwiches.

Pictures of the room:
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/U8A9NOO.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/RYDTXNg.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/5Jk6XZh.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/JfXouKj.png
    h.t.t.p.s://i.imgur.com/MpK8eJN.png
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) I finished my Build for this weeks theme. I hope you like it and if there are any suggestions on improving my Room please let me know as I like to get better in building in the Sims 4.

@rosemow I hope I did everything right with the uploading Part.

Have a great Sunday you all :)

Origin ID: EESAZ07

Gallery name of room: A Writers Dining Chaos

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/de-de/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/BC7382F2CF9E11E883F2B573E4FD424D

Back Story: Sally is a female Author who just got a Contract with a big publishing Agency. She decided to host a Dinner for her Team tomorrow. While brushing her teeth she had an idea for her next book and immediately started writing. The hours passed by until the doorbell rang, Sally totally desperate with a messy dining room and no food prepared, hopes her new co-workers like some grilled cheese sandwiches.

Pictures of the room:
    U8A9NOO.png

RYDTXNg.png

5Jk6XZh.png

JfXouKj.png
    MpK8eJN.png

• Options
    Your writer’s career room has such a great and creative background story to it! @MrsHosni :) I will be back soon to write about your room, but just wanted to get your photos posted for you now :)
  • Options
    :D thank you! to be honest I was really nervous before posting ^^"
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • Options
    The furnishing of A Writer’s Dining Chaos looks very great! @MrsHosni :) You have written such a great and creative background story to the room! It is nice that Sally is a Writer and it was great that she got inspiration for her writing whilst brushing her teeth, but not so good that she ran out of time to tidy her dining room or prepare a meal! I am sure her guests will enjoy eating tasty, homely and warming grilled cheese sandwiches <3 The colour scheme of the room is very nice. Nice fireplace area to keep the room warm. The brick texture of the fireplace wall looks great, and her quill and writing award trophy are very nice touches on the fireplace ledge. It is nice that there is a globe bar in the corner nook for Sally and her guests to enjoy a drink with their meal. The books, boxes of files, empty coffee mug from what she had been drinking whilst writing, and scattered fanmail on the dining table look very great! She will need to quickly remove the items so as there is clear space for her guests to eat their meal! The books look great on top of the luggage case and on the trolley near the windows. It is a great touch that there is still a takeaway coffee and mug on the side wall table, that Sally has been drinking to keep her energy levels up whilst busy writing or relaxing in the armchair reading a book. The wall of bookcases looks great! She will enjoy reading the books from the bookshelves .Very nice computer desk nook! She would enjoy sitting on the comfortable leather armchair doing writing on the computer. The books, files, letters and coffee on top of the desk ledge and the desk look great ! Her writing award and diploma are proudly displayed on the wall! The wall paneling looks very nice. It is great that there is clock on the wall, even though Sally was so busy that she forgot to look at the time! The writing club banner is a nice touch on the wall, and the bookshelves item looks great in the corner nook.
    It is a very creatively designed room for Sally who is a Writer! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge :) I hope that you will enjoy entering future week’s challenges also.
  • Options
    @rosemow I am glad that you've seen all little details I've put into my room. I will definately enter next weeks challenge. Can't wait for it to happen :)
    3XTWXGf.jpg
  • Options
    :D thank you! to be honest I was really nervous before posting ^^"
    @rosemow I am glad that you've seen all little details I've put into my room. I will definately enter next weeks challenge. Can't wait for it to happen :)

You’re welcome @MrsHosni :) I will look forward to seeing your room for next week’s challenge also :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited October 2018
    Thank you very much for your awesome and very detailed review of my dining room for Sally @rosemow B)! I'm so happy that you like all the details :D! I've been really busy this week, but I thoroughly enjoy every challenge that you so creatively put together each week :)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Theme for the week: A Career Themed Dining Room
    Gallery name : Flower room
    Origin id : LoreKrajsman
    Description: I basically went with gardening/florist as a profession.
    Pictures:

14-10-18_16-59-33_zpsjoltjqhv.png
    14-10-18_16-59-11_zpswjultcdx.png
    14-10-18_16-58-52_zpsg11ijfnj.png
    14-10-18_16-59-49_zps7f0uq4hy.png
  • Options
    The design and furnishing of Flower Room to reflect that Sally is a Gardener/Florist is very nice! @liliaeth :) The floor texture reflects the outdoors and the wall patterning looks very nice. The greenery , plants, hanging baskets and flower boxes on the walls and the plants and flowers in pots on the ground through the room, look very nice and reflect her career very well! It is very nice that there are large windows, to let the sunlight into the room. The hearts and gardening tools are a nice touch on the wall. Nice dining table area for the Sims to enjoy eating their meals. The red rose is pretty on the table,.The sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals.Have you used cc in the room ?If you have, could you please remove it and upload a cc free version of the room to the gallery. This thread is only for cc free rooms. You may not have used cc but I am just checking with you as it hasn’t appeared on the website version of the gallery,
    It is a very nice gardening themed dining room for Sally and her gardening friends! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    The design and furnishing of Flower Room to reflect that Sally is a Gardener/Florist is very nice! @liliaeth :) The floor texture reflects the outdoors and the wall patterning looks very nice. The greenery , plants, hanging baskets and flower boxes on the walls and the plants and flowers in pots on the ground through the room, look very nice and reflect her career very well! It is very nice that there are large windows, to let the sunlight into the room. The hearts and gardening tools are a nice touch on the wall. Nice dining table area for the Sims to enjoy eating their meals. The red rose is pretty on the table,.The sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar with their meals.Have you used cc in the room ?If you have, could you please remove it and upload a cc free version of the room to the gallery. This thread is only for cc free rooms. You may not have used cc but I am just checking with you as it hasn’t appeared on the website version of the gallery,
    It is a very nice gardening themed dining room for Sally and her gardening friends! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)

oops, I missed the no cc rule. (uhm, reason I didn't upload it, cause most of it is cc, will try and make a new one without cc then. Been a while since I took part in one of these challenges)
  • Options
    liliaeth wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »

oops, I missed the no cc rule. (uhm, reason I didn't upload it, cause most of it is cc, will try and make a new one without cc then. Been a while since I took part in one of these challenges)

It would be great if you could make a cc free version of the room @liliaeth :)
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    @lsnishi I absolutely love you room!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top