Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got the Ultimate collection and guess what I did?

winterlocwinterloc Posts: 348 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims (2000)
Hi everyone,
I got the Ultimate collection yesterday and downloaded and installed in on my laptop :D I went into the game and went to the Goth house :D Moved all the chairs and wedding arch into Cassandra's backpack as we all know what happens when we try to marry her and Don :D Stayed for a little bit and then closed out of the game.

I had this bright idea to try and get my more advanced game into UC. I took my neighborhood files and merged them with the neighborhood files of UC. :D Well I then went into play the game and guess what I had no neighborhoods only had make your own custom ones. Ha ha clicked Pleasant Valley and it would not let me check on the check box :D Closed out of the game did a little dance of madness :D Then un installed the game then re installed it. Click on it to play and there it was again create your own neighbor hood still no neighbor hoods. At this point I just ended up throwing the whole old EA file into UC. However that did not work out to well either.

I then found Joe Tutorial played with him. While playing him he got struck by lightning, It was a thunder storm and he had to get the news paper to find a job. His house almost burned down. Trees caught on fire as did his little outside lights. All fires went out he took a shower and we moved on to getting a body skill. I closed out did another dance of madness. :D
Now this part becomes a blur as I do not know what I did but I was thinking of all kinds of ideas to do to get those neighborhood files back in there.

I took out the old EA file that I throw into the game and then tried it again and low and behold the neighborhoods are back :D I do not think it was just removing the old EA file out but whatever it was it worked.

I than proceeded to move my downloads file of my cc and into UC and that is all there now. I made one of my old time families and played with them for a while.

What I would really like to do is put my files from my old girl computer of my Sims 2 on a flash drive then go over to my laptop and place them in to my UC game. I guess I am not sure as to really how to do this. Do I just move the files as that worked with my downloads or do I copy and past as that did not work with my UC the first time I tried it. Do I need to add in the collection folder as well?

Also too when my game loads up it says Fun With Pets and not Mansion and Gardens I do have all that installed on my laptop from a while ago. I do have the Mansion and garden music playing. it looks a bit odd to see Fun with Pets and hear the Mansion and Garden music.

Well that was my day with installing UC. How was yours?

Your simmy friend,
Winterloc B)
Post edited by winterloc on

Comments

• Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I'm not sure about all this... but I'll chuck in the little I know anyway. And I may have mis-understood part of your post, which will be my fault, not yours :)

Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville - for example - are in folders N001, N002 and N003. (Not sure of the order).

If you want to instal those neighbourhoods from a previous game you would need to re-number* the old folders or temporarily remove the new ones somewhere safe, to desktop for example, until you wanted to play in them. In which case, swap them back.

*Not sure that it is just a case of re-numbering only the folders. My preferred option would be to just swap them over as and when needed or have two separate games.

Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Just wanted to comment on the Fun with Pets. I think that is showing up as the start-up screen as that collection contains Mansion and Gardens, which we know was the last pack for the game. I think when they were merging the files to create UC, they went with the latest collections instead of the individual packs, because the collections were the most updated and recent.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thank you Ratsrbest and Mistletoe143 for replying to my post :D

Misteltoe143 Yes that makes sense to me as to why it would be Fun with Pets. My first thought was that was the last EP that I installed but when checking my program files I saw that I had installed all the eps and sps on my laptop. Thank you for responding and helping me to understand that :D
    Ratsrbest. I understand what you are saying. I thought about numbering the neighborhood file. I did, so that I would not mix up my files from both games. I did find a long drawn out how to do this but it calls for the store addition of sims 2 and merging that with Ultimate Collection. I do have that but it is not all together. Plus it is not advanced as far as my game is now on my old girl computer.

Here is what I found out on how to merge the Ultimate collection with your previous game.

http://www.simsnetwork.com/simpedia/the-sims-2/editions/the-sims-2/specials/restore-sims-2-store-edition-in-ultimate-collection

I have not done this yet because for me it would take a while. I do have it saved and one day I will try it out. To me it is not as easy to do as it is to replace your downloads folder or your saved sims folder. I did get that done and now have all my CC in my UC game plus some sims I created back in the day. Edit: I thought we had a save folder for the sims 2. Like we have with Sims 3.

It would be nice to have the same game play on both computers so that I may keep them both up to date and so that I do not have to rebuild my neighborhoods all over again on my laptop.

On the other hand I could play a totally different set up and create new sims for my laptop. :D

Thank you both again for your replies,
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hi, Winterloc, I didn't uninstall my TS2 game and EPs or SPs when I installed the Ultimate. I was afraid Origin would require I have to log into it before I play. So, I left all my games installed. So, this means I had a The Sims 2 and EPs file in the Programs and in my Documents. So, I thought o.k. If I install this new complete version it will probably overwrite my TS2 file in my documents. Which it will. I simply went into my Documents and change The Sims 2 file name to The Sims 2 Old.

This allowed the game to install and not overwrite my games and saves. This created a New TS2 inside the EA games file in my documents. This was great! lol So, from a long time ago, I learned you must start up the game and let it create all the neighborhoods etc. Before Adding your own back into the game or the game will overwrite them and you will loose that copy of your particular hoods like old saves of Pleasant view etc.

The one rule is Don't delete any of the Maxis hoods from the Neighborhood View in the game or it will renumber any of your custom hoods to the Maxis Neighborhood Number. Just putting that out there since I did that years ago by mistake. lol

O.K. I thought, now, what happens if I delete the N001 etc. and replace it with my own...before I went any further I went to MTS and looked at how to add back in my saved copies to the game and how to delete (properly) the Maxis hoods so the game won't erase everything once restarted. I guess others have already answered how you can copy the Program files of the Maxis Hoods back into your TS2 folder, from the TSBin in the program files to get them back.

So, I just wanted to share how I kept my game with my EPs and SPs installed, Just in case I decide to uninstall Origin..lol, and the TS2 Ultimate. Crazy I know, but I don't intend to uninstall my TS2 EPs on disc etc. because my old Seasons DVD is scratched and can't be reinstalled, ever, so I leave it all in there just in case I get tired of Origin on this PC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Hi my dear friend Cinebar :D

Thank you so much for stopping by to post with your information in my thread :D
    I also did not un install any of the games from my laptop. I had all eps and sps on that plus the store addition. When the store closed is when I ran into the problem sorry store is closed error. When I got the store addition I did download from my old girl desk top all my of my saves to my laptop. I then tried the fix to get to play it on my laptop with my mansion and garden disk. At that time I deleted the store folder. I only have one disk for mansion and garden. I would have had to go back and forth from each computer to play the game. Therefore when I did try it even with the fix I still got the same error. I gave up.

I do have the store addition on it as it regenerated a new folder with in my EA folder when I tried the disk. However that would really be useless to me because it is very out dated game wise. Plus by deleting it I think that is how I lost my store content that I bought.

So if I rename my desk top Ea files that should work? I only wanted to install the neighborhoods. At this time I did not make any custom neighborhoods so that would be ok if I got the original ones back. I did give the Ultimate collection a 2 so that I could place them on my desktop when I put the other neighborhood files in to my folder. So that it would not merge and incase it did not work then I could just place them back in so it would work. Which it did.

I am thinking that what I should do is add in the lot catalog and the collections folder. I have not tried that yet.

Because UC and SC from Origin are digital downloads I wonder if that could be the problem for me. I never really got to migrate anything over when I had the store addition as when it was working it was fine. I had my original game and just played it. I never had to change anything. Even when I made the change over back to using the disk it was all there except for the store content that I bought that was gone. On both computers.

The link that I have posted discusses how to do it but having the store addition as your main set up for the game. It is tedious and long on the steps of how to do it.
    I would think that placing the neighborhood files should be as easy as placing in the downloads folder and the Sim save folder from body shop.

I looked around but did not see anything about doing this for the UC. I just read MTS said UC was out for a limited time for July and the last date you could get it. Then I found the link I posted in this thread.

As far as my game on my laptop is now it is fine and working. I have started to rebuild the six little houses by Nina and Dina. I added in my Knight family to downtown. Don is still over visiting Cassandra and family. I went over to Brandie's house cause I was looking for the Urn from Skip because I never really did see it when I gave her insurance money and moved her up to a new house and sent the boys off to college. My old girl computer for that.

On my old girl computer I moved the old house over to Sim Uni and redid it Then moved Dustin in first and then Beau, I named the baby Skip and he is with them in college. I also got Angela and Lilith to be BFFs they are living in the house too. Dustin and Angela are engaged and Beau is really liking Lilith. Skip is not attached to any girlfriend yet. I have done so much with my game on my old girl computer that is why I really did not want to start up a whole new game on my laptop. I have my created sims finally going on next generation. All went to college and have progressed. Thank you for posting and for your information. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I know there's a "right" way to do it, and then there's the way I do it! Oh well it works for me.

To Replace a neighborhood I never Copy Over. I remove the old one, say N001 (Pleasantview), yes copy and paste it to a safe place just in case.

And then place the New N001 into the same folder. I think the "official" right way is to "delete" the neighborhood from the neighborhood menu In Game. I've done it that way, and I've just gone into my folders and deleted it that way. I've found no difference.

And yes sims 2 WILL number the neighborhoods in order. It's something to consider when creating new neighborhoods. For Instance (and this happened to me) IF you have your first custom hood (numbered N004) and someday you decide to delete it, but maybe you save it to disc or flashdrive in case you may want it someday.

Then you create a new neighborhood, the game will call the new 'hood N004. Then you have a delemna if you want to install Old N004 on same computer. You can't do it, you can't have both.
    I've worked A Lot with neighborhood numbering. I've renumbered whole neighborhoods by hand! That's how I have "Strangetown N010, a second Strangetown :) .

In regards to a second EAGames folder, the computer, OS, game does this. It's a known strange "issue". Also the teleport and Downloads folders duplicate. Make sure your stuff is in the Right folder.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @winterloc, your question is a little hard to decipher.

If you are asking about getting Ultimate, and then installing all your old stuff (Downloads, neighborhoods) from the disc version to Ultimate, yes it's easy as 1-2-3!

Just install the Downloads into UC, replace the neighborhoods , the whole folder ie N001. That's it.

Try to ignore the "duplicate" folders, apparently a lot of people are getting duplicate "empty" folders, specifically the EAGames folder, Downloads folder, teleport folder.

EDIT: As for the "store Edition" of sims 2 , that I cannot say at all. I don't have that, I don't think it's "supported" anymore.

If I were you I'd get and install Ultimate, if you don't already have it.

I think if you actually Bought sims 2 store content AND backed it up to disc, flashdrive, whatever, you Should be able to install it into your Downloads folder, hair , clothing, whatever. I never did buy from the sims 2 store but (*cough*) there's that other place, there's some dresses in my downloads folder and They work fine.

Sorry , I see that you DID get "Ultimate" ;) I'm in a huge rush here and unfortunately have to run off and work all day :p .
  • Options
    Hi Zorba 2357,

I have been waiting for you to reply into this thread. Thank you :D

Yes I am asking how to get the neighborhoods from my disk version over to the Ultimate collection. You mention duplicate files of neighborhood? I never got that when I tried it out.

Here is what I did. I had a copy of an older progression game of sims 2 on my laptop from my desktop. When I took the neighborhood file from that I got the make a custom neighborhood choice only no other neighborhoods. "First try" I used Copy and Past. I tried the custom terrain to see if I would be able to just get a terrain in but the check button was grayed out. I then replaced my U.C. neighborhood file back in.

I then went to my desktop computer and did a fresh download of my EA folder from my desktop onto a flash drive went to my laptop and tried to install those neighborhoods. I got the same result make custom terrain only.

I then did place in my downloads folder from my desktop on to my laptop U.C. Plus I did my Saved Sims files from Body Shop that all worked out fine. I thought the same thing it should be done the same way for the neighborhoods. I did that via Move file.

My thought was it did not work the first time because I used Copy and Past. The second time I did it I used Move File and got the same result.

Then I thought about the Lot Catalog folder and the Collection folder that are within the Ea folder Sims2 folder and that maybe I should add those in as well. Maybe that is why I got the make a custom terrain and no Eoo1 etc. towns. I have not tried that yet to see.

Than I read the information from the link I posted here in this thread. Then I thought it would only work with the Store addition from Origin but not the way I was trying to do it.

I did and or do have the store addition still on my laptop and on my desktop as that file regenerated it self when I did the switch over to use my Manson and Garden disk via making a new EXE Icon so the game would play after the store addition closed.

I do not want to make any custom towns at this point. I just want my neighborhoods from my desktop into my laptop so that I can carry on playing the same progressed Sims 2 game.

As far as the Store Addition went once it closed. I tried to do the Manson and garden EXE on my laptop same procedure that RFlong7 told me to do. It did not work on my laptop. It did work on my desktop. I did delete the store addition from both computers did that before I looked for help here on the forum to get my game to play on my desktop and laptop. That is when I think I lost the store content that I bought from the sims 2 store. Dumb move on my part. Like I said that file regenerates it self and I have it back but I do not touch it and no store items are in the file.

I do have all the store items in RAR files but have not installed them yet because I guess I need a RAR program to do that. I am still looking to find one for free. Otherwise I think you have to buy it.
    I am going to try what you suggest and just try the Eoo1 neighborhood. I do play Varona Ville as well so I will try bringing that file over as well.

Thank you so much for coming into my thread and posting. I always look forward to what you have to say. :D I hope you had a good day at work :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

• Options
    I tried the collection folder and the lots catalog folder with adding in the E001neighborhood file Pleasant View and it did not work. I than changed the E001 to N001 and it still did not work. I am with the thought that you can not bring the neighborhood folders over to another computer and add them into the UC collection. Especially if you are using the disk of mansion and garden to play your game in your main computer.

For me that would be copying from my Desk top computer and downloading into my laptop computer and using the Ultimate collection version to play the game.

Thanks everyone for reading and posting,
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    http://www.winzip.com/dprob.htm

Here is one of my winzip links. Just download the topmost link. It unzips RARs also. I've used it Forever! It's free for something like 3 weeks. Then it will expire, you can then just uninstall it and reinstall it! If you don't like that link, google will bring up many more. Just be careful as SomeTimes a winzip link will install other things but it Should ask you first, usually toolbars and things like that, just click or untick "No" on the options when it's installing.

Currently I have Only UC. I uninstalled all my discs and transferred all my data to UC, and it all seems to be there as far as I can tell.

I never had the store edition. I suspect that may cause issues for you as it introduced the store and the launcher.

I don't know how else to help you except N001 (etc) SHOULD transfer and work perfectly when deleted and replaced. I almost always use "copy/paste". I DON'T overwrite. I remove the old one and replace with the new one.

I'm thinking the store edition used or needed something the other editions don't have.

"Lot" catalogue has all the lots in the bin, including maxis and custom. "Collections" has any collections including those that came with the game and any custom you've made.

There is also a "Terrains" folder which contains the in-game terrains And any custom terrains.

You Definitely CAN transfer any custom (or EA) neighborhoods from disc version to UC.

About "store edition" again I can't say from experience.

Also ***Make Sure To Delete these Caches *** After you add, delete, or do anything important. Some people delete them before every gameplay:

Start menu/documents/EAGames/The sims2 Ultimate/

Accessory.Cache
    Groups.Cache
    Cigen.package (created every time you use bodyshop)

***ALSO under ***

Start menu/ documents/ EAGames/ The sims2 Ultimate/ Neighborhoods

Neighborhoodmanager.package

It's not under each individual neighborhood but just the general "neighborhoods" folder.

You actually can delete all of these everytime . The game will regenerate a new fresh cache at every start.

Hi winterloc! I have today off! Yeah! Too much to do always.

Hope some or any of this may help.

• Options
    You can always place the last round of deleted caches in a desktop folder or somewhere to save "just in case" or for general paranoi that maybe you deleted something important ;) .
  • Options
    Hi my friend Zorba2357,
    Thank you so much for the info and the winzip site. I just downloaded that to my desktop and will try it out later. I never did think to delete the cache files because they are so new. Maybe that would help it along. I think this too what you said here. "I'm thinking the store edition used or needed something the other editions don't have."

Ok when I get a chance I will try it again. I just really do not want to corrupt my game on my lappy by moving these files in and out like I have done. I looked in the E001 file and saw many package files I was thinking of changing all of them to N's so that it all matched, but there is a lot of files in that folder.

Ok thank you again I am going to try the winzip now and hopefully will get back my old Store content. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    http://www.winzip.com/dprob.htm

Here is one of my winzip links. Just download the topmost link. It unzips RARs also. I've used it Forever! It's free for something like 3 weeks. Then it will expire, you can then just uninstall it and reinstall it! If you don't like that link, google will bring up many more. Just be careful as SomeTimes a winzip link will install other things but it Should ask you first, usually toolbars and things like that, just click or untick "No" on the options when it's installing.

Currently I have Only UC. I uninstalled all my discs and transferred all my data to UC, and it all seems to be there as far as I can tell.

I never had the store edition. I suspect that may cause issues for you as it introduced the store and the launcher.

I don't know how else to help you except N001 (etc) SHOULD transfer and work perfectly when deleted and replaced. I almost always use "copy/paste". I DON'T overwrite. I remove the old one and replace with the new one.

I'm thinking the store edition used or needed something the other editions don't have.

"Lot" catalogue has all the lots in the bin, including maxis and custom. "Collections" has any collections including those that came with the game and any custom you've made.

There is also a "Terrains" folder which contains the in-game terrains And any custom terrains.

You Definitely CAN transfer any custom (or EA) neighborhoods from disc version to UC.

About "store edition" again I can't say from experience.

Also ***Make Sure To Delete these Caches *** After you add, delete, or do anything important. Some people delete them before every gameplay:

Start menu/documents/EAGames/The sims2 Ultimate/

Accessory.Cache
    Groups.Cache
    Cigen.package (created every time you use bodyshop)

***ALSO under ***

Start menu/ documents/ EAGames/ The sims2 Ultimate/ Neighborhoods

Neighborhoodmanager.package

It's not under each individual neighborhood but just the general "neighborhoods" folder.

You actually can delete all of these everytime . The game will regenerate a new fresh cache at every start.

Hi winterloc! I have today off! Yeah! Too much to do always.

Hope some or any of this may help.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Why in the world would you want to change the E001 files?

I googled this link you might find helpful. I know (at least I don't think) you are trying to get back the original default neighborhoods, nevertheless, this link might be helpful:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-reset-towns-in-the-sims-2/

I don't think the answer for you here is to Renumber anything.

The only time I EVER renumber is to create a SECOND duplicate neighborhood.

It's a bit of an odd thing to do and not something many people did in sims 2.

You say the neighborhoods you want to show up are not showing up - your old saved neighborhoods from another game or computer, is that correct?

The only thing I can think of is, something is indeed corrupt. BUT I like to think more likely it's something simple we just aren't seeing.

1) Try deleting ALL the caches, especially the neighborhoodpackage one. (as I said save to desktop, or somewhere "just in case!")

2) Make sure said neighborhood IS in the Neighborhoods folder

3) Make sure Any and ALL content that May be used in that neighborhood is in the game, in the correct folder

• Options
    I looked it up. E001 is Belladonna Cove from Apartment Life. You certainly CAN delete it if you so choose. It will not affect the other neighborhoods whatsoever. It will simply remove Belladonna Cove.

They purposely made the Late EP neighborhoods start with letters other than "N" , so as not to interfere with things like if you add a new neighborhood it will be N004, N005, etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If you are going into Any of the neighborhoods and renumbering ANYTHING, for instance N001, renumber it to E001 etc NO NO NO! You will most definitely goof it up!

And in fact if it's N001 EVERYTHING in the folder and the folder ITSELF HAS to be numbered N001.

I think I probably shouldn't have mentioned renumbering at all. It's NOT a fix for anything gone wrong What it actually IS, is a way to have multiple Strangetowns, or Veronavilles or whatever. It's something I've enjoyed doing but has nothing to do with fixing what's going on in your game or computers.

Here's something you CAN do though. Go into whatever folder is causing issues or not showing up. Let's say it's N001. Glance at it make sure every single file has N001! It should if nobody has actually gone in there and changed it. If it's E001, everysingle file in there AND the folder name itself, again, should be E001.

I think in your case just make sure the N001 (folder name itself) matches what's inside (everyfile N001).

You actually shouldn't go into the neighborhood folder files and Change anything. One little removed "N" or hyphen or missing "_" could goof up the whole folder.

Sorry, I'm getting a little riled up over it!
    Post edited by zorba2357 on
  • Options
    Regarding winzip - don't feel too bad if it is totally confuzzling at first. They keep updating newer versions with more and more Bells and Whistles that I Don't Want! I simply want to unzip files!

Although this newest version, 190, isn't too bad. Simply make sure all the items you are unzipping are "selected" , then choose where to unzip to - (Libraries / Documents / EAGAMES etc) and Close out that "welcome" box that always pops up at first.

I also go into the winzip (upper menu ) "settings" "unzip settings" (far right) and Un Tick "Use Folder Names".

For me that fixed the problem of it putting everything in Subfolders, or creating Subfolders when I didn't want it to in my downloads folder.
  • Options
    Zorba no no do not get riled up. I did not change the package files. Ok so E001 is Bella Donna ok . In the UC I only have something like 5 files for the towns N001-N005 They are all N files. I thought E001 was Pleasant View. As I did think that E001 is N001 in the ultimate collection. All the files in that game are all in tacked. The reason I mentioned it is because when I compared the two files I noticed that the sims two disk numbers where different and the Ultimate Collection was numbered different because of the way EA set UC. Not sure. I think at this point I am going to leave well enough alone. I will just rebuild when I have the time. Be assured that all the packaged files are matching with each N set up. neighborhood. Nothing has been changed and the game is fine.

I too think things are different between what I have with my installed files on my desktop and the UC collection it is what it is and it is all ok.
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)

• Options
    Regarding winzip - don't feel too bad if it is totally confuzzling at first. They keep updating newer versions with more and more Bells and Whistles that I Don't Want! I simply want to unzip files!

Although this newest version, 190, isn't too bad. Simply make sure all the items you are unzipping are "selected" , then choose where to unzip to - (Libraries / Documents / EAGAMES etc) and Close out that "welcome" box that always pops up at first.

I also go into the winzip (upper menu ) "settings" "unzip settings" (far right) and Un Tick "Use Folder Names".

For me that fixed the problem of it putting everything in Subfolders, or creating Subfolders when I didn't want it to in my downloads folder.

Will wizip open up rar files? I am trying and yes the pop ups are killing me. I tried and nothing in the game yet. I did send them to my downloads folder my collection folder and my store folder nothing in game except three empty folders for Asian Spooky and cubic. Oh my I have to laugh at my self.
  • Options
    You know what that could answer my question on my pleasant view I see in my install games it is N001. Sorry I thought it was E001. I will try that and see if it will work. Thanks so much. Remember it is only a game that can be reinstalled if all goes bad.
  • Options
    The Original Base Game Neighborhoods:

N001 - Pleasantview
    N002 - Strangetown
    N003 - Veronaville

The next 3 come with different Expansions:

G001 - Riverblossom Hills (with Seasons EP)
    F001 - Desiderata Valley (With Freetime EP)
    E001 - BellaDonna Cove (With Apartment Life EP)

Any neighborhood YOU create will continue on N004, N005 etc.

It's true it's only a game and Yes it installs RAR files exactly the same as if they are zip. Don't need to do anything different.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    The Original Base Game Neighborhoods:

N001 - Pleasantview
    N002 - Strangetown
    N003 - Veronaville

The next 3 come with different Expansions:

G001 - Riverblossom Hills (with Seasons EP)
    F001 - Desiderata Valley (With Freetime EP)
    E001 - BellaDonna Cove (With Apartment Life EP)

Any neighborhood YOU create will continue on N004, N005 etc.

It's true it's only a game and Yes it installs RAR files exactly the same as if they are zip. Don't need to do anything different.

Good morning Zorba2357,
    Thank you for this information. Thank you for your time and your patience with me on this. I really appreciate it deeply. I never have any problems with Sims games that I mostly can not work out. This I guess is a bit beyond me. I have my laptop here with me on my desk with my desk top computer. Ok it always helps to have someone who knows what they are talking about for instructions in this game. That would be You.
    It is in and all there. Pleasant View showed up and all is in. I just checked my sim state Uni with the Broke brothers and it is there. :D

That was as simple as it could be. Mission accomplished thanks a million. The rar files are open but maybe not in the right place. I have them in my collections folder. I have had these rars on my desktop for a long time. I will work on that again. Now to put in Verona Ville. I cannot thank you enough for all your excellent help here. Sorry if I made it confusing. I guess I was confused.
    Thank you again so much. This was a very big help to me.
    Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc :D
  • Options
    Good Morning winterloc! I have to run off to work again and it's snowing here.

Glad you got it working! I think all the RARS (downloads) would go in the Downloads folder, not collections.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hi there Zorba2357,
    Thank you again :D Got all of the rar files downloaded into my download folder. Most of it is working except for about three pieces from the spooky collection. the street lamp and a couple of windows.

Keep warm and go slow in the snow. I hate to drive in snow. Seems like I live in the Antarctic but I do not. We have had lots of snow this year and temps down to -25 and winds at 30-50mps. Surprised we have not lost power.
    Well you take it easy and have a great night and thanks again ever so much for all your help here with getting me straight on getting my little project with sims 2 completed you are the "Best" my friend. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)
  • Options
    Aw thank-you winterloc. I love helping with sims 2. I know it's weird to be into the sims 2 folders and files, but I am or was a bit obsessed. I used to even dream about them!

Love your Mortimer and Bonehilda avatar! Have to run again. I feel like I always have to run off. At least I only work a half day today. See you Later!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Aw zorba2357 thank you too. I know what you mean I too can get very obsessed with my sims games. As for dreaming about them yes I have too. It is strange to me to do some of the these things going into the files. I really try to stay away from them because I do not want to corrupt my game in any way. I know too it is only a game like I said but I know if I did not have them at this point and time I would be soooo sick about it.

I never let them age or die because I could not stand it. If my old girl computer went on me I would be very upset to lose what I have now with my sims and the computer. I do back them up from time to time just to have a copy just in case. In my house things are getting old like me.

Well just think of the good deed you did here with me. I will try and pay it forward. Getting me together on this task that I had. I just cannot believe how I mixed up the E001 with the N001. I think I thought that E001 was Pleasant view on my disk install game. Oh My, Goodness.

As for Mortimer and BoneHilda looks like they are having a good time of it. I love that picture too. It is so colorful and clean looking it is really nice I use it for a desk top for Halloween. I just thought it was fitting for This forum as we can discuss The Sims here.

You have a great day and thanks again ever so much. :D

Your simmy friend,
    Winterloc B)