Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin games in different location?

Hi,
I was wondering if its possible to have different install location for my origin games.

For example, I have the sims 4 on my SSD, however I would like to have sims 2 and sims 3 instailled on my PC, but not on the SSD but on my HD.

Is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    yes
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    Senbre wrote: »
    yes
    How might one do this?
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited February 2015
    Keep in mind that after setting the new installation folder in Origin client, all new games will be installed into it but previously installed games will remain in the folder where you installed them originally. So if you want to install only one game on SSD, return the installation folder setting to "old" one after you install that one game.

But there's more!
    Let's say you have PC with some Origin game installed on it's HDD. Mass Effect for example.
    You just bought SSD and want to have Mass Effect there in a new folder, but just cba to redownload it again because it takes too much time to wait!

Well, why would you redownload it again at all? :D

1. Create a new folder on SSD and copy the whole Mass Effect folder from Origin installation folder HDD to SDD into that new folder
    2. Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Mass Effect
    3. Open Origin Client and switch the installation folder as is instructed in the link rosemow provided to the new folder on SDD
    4. Inside Origin client, find your game, in this example it's Mass Effect, and click on Download button
    5. What happens? Origin realizes the game is already inside it's target folder and all it does then is verifying files.

I'm saying, if you have already installed all Sims games on HDD and now you want one on SDD, it's easy to do thing and you don't need to wait for hours till the game is downloaded again.
  • Options
    AUWoofieAUWoofie Posts: 186 Member
    Thanks for that.

unfortunatelyI hadn't had the sims games on my HD.
    I do however have the on disc, so I don't have to download, but it is quite annoying have to keep putting discs and codes in :P