Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to create your own neighborhood map?

Or are we stuck into Willow Creek and Oasis Springs forever?
In TS2 you could import from SC4 to create your simneighborhood. Can we do this in TS4?
tumblr_n8noa4vwNZ1s5cr98o1_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    It's too early to know what we will be able to do with the world tools ea is still designing thrm, we just know they are working on it. As for being stuck with just two worlds I highly doubt it again the series is still young
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2015
    Not forever if we buy *future expansions. Even TS2 added new neighborhoods with expansions. I expect TS4 to add some more, too. :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well we haven even got our first EP, so we really don't know, I'm sure we will get different worlds and different neighborhoods.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Not yet. I hope we will get the Town Life EP including new world tools and neighborhood editing options. Also we need bigger lots and new worlds as well. City hall venue could be awesome, since they have now made open hospitals and police stations for Get To Work EP.
  • Options
    toddlercuddler91toddlercuddler91 Posts: 274 Member
    I personally don't have a problem with the lot dimensions. They're all large enough to me. I was also planning to re-create grand ghetto buildings such as the Slum Apartments and the Corner Deli in one of my simNeighborhoods, and a 10x10 lot will be sufficient for those.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I personally don't have a problem with the lot dimensions. They're all large enough to me. I was also planning to re-create grand ghetto buildings such as the Slum Apartments and the Corner Deli in one of my simNeighborhoods, and a 10x10 lot will be sufficient for those.

They're too small for me, especially considering the oversized microscopes, telescopes, and rocket ships.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Who would put a rocket ship in a corner deli? lol
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Who would put a rocket ship in a corner deli? lol

Except the lot dimensions are also the same for home lots.

And that corner deli, if too small, I suppose wouldn't have an oversized cupcake machine.

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You cannot change the map itself, but you can delete all existing buildings on the lots and rebuild the way you want. Be careful about the parks, clubs, bars, gym and libraries. I haven't tried this yes, but you may not be able to get them back.
  • Options
    Once again, what's the utility of a cupcake machine in a corner deli? It's supposed to sell ham, not cupcakes.

Jokes apart, I agree with you. There's no need to make lots smaller. We can build more homes on the same lot if necessary.