Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Auto-work' Option for New Careers?

One thing I found with Ambitions is that after a while I didn't always want to have to go put out a fire, or catch a ghost... Sometimes I kinda wished that I could just send a Sim with one of the new careers off to a rabbit hole to finish their job...

So, my question is, do you think they will have the option of sending your doctor/scientist/detective off the map like a base game career? Perhaps their performance would increase at a reduced rate(or stay static).

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @SimGuruLyndsay said we'll be able to send Sims to these jobs without going with them. (She didn't expand on how it would affect their careers, though.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Oh, thank you for the answer! That's very good news :)
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    Good news indeed! I too get tired of going to work with my sims after a while.
  • Options
    JialimeiJialimei Posts: 61 Member
    I just hope that sending the sims to work without going with them won't hit their performance too hard (or make their performance increase so slowly that we're being punished for not going!) That would get pretty annoying.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Maybe it will work like in Ambitions. You get your weekly "stipend" for showing up, but you don't get the extra bonus pay from doing individual jobs, and your job progress only increases as you work on appropriate tasks during work hours (or maybe by building skills/doing job goals)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Good to see that we will be able to do these new careers passively. As some of you said it can get tiring to play them at work at some point.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    edited February 2015
    Oh my gosh, this is my biggest concern regarding GTW. I really really hope we can play this active careers as a "normal passive" career if we want to. In TS3 I got really annoyed of the stylist/fireworker jobs cause I'd also like to focus on the freetime of the sims, which are currently not at work.
    @SimGuruLyndsay said we'll be able to send Sims to these jobs without going with them. (She didn't expand on how it would affect their careers, though.)

Luthienrising, do you have a link to @SimGuruLyndsay 's statement?

(*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    AyumapAyumap Posts: 3,425 Member
    edited February 2015
    @goodfairy
    And you can decide to send a Sim to work at an active job without having to follow them if you want to.
    forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13274439#Comment_13274439

edit: I couldn't find the source for something else I commented on.
    2m60a6q.jpg
    *There's nothing wrong with loving the Sims 4, there's also nothing wrong with seeking improvements.
    A list of Mods I use.|My Sims 4 Mod and CC "Master" post. Helpful Links included.
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    Thank you! :)@Ayumap‌
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.
  • Options
    AeroSimmerAeroSimmer Posts: 212 Member
    I'm OK with the option for both, but I just don't understand why everyone gets concerned about this. I remember seeing similar discussions about this when Ambitions came out. We have the option of playing either a rabbit hole career or an Ambition style/take your Sim to work job. I agree, sometimes I want to focus on my family life and just send my working Sim off to a rabbit hole job... so I get them a rabbit hole job. If I wanted to go to work with them... I'd get them the Ambition job. And if I want to switch it up... they quit their one job... and get the other.

I could see where you want to BE a firefighter, but not take them to work, and the only option is to send them there on some type of "Freewill" auto mode, but for me... the simple solution to this in TS3 was to just take a normal career opposed to an ambition.

I'm just excited we can finally get to OWN OUR OWN BUSINESS AGAIN!!!! :-)