Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When our Powers Combine...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Seamoan wrote: »
    I think TS4 is getting a "Space travel" expansion!

I have nothing whatsoever to base this on, just a gut-feeling based on the way the hoods work in TS4. They designed it perfectly to incorporate "going to space" (planetary sub hoods), there's that huge-plum telescope already in the game and I think I read they are adding aliens (I think? Did I read that right?).

Mark my words, your TS4 sims are going to space at some point! You heard it here first! :)

You heard it here first.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802587/space-world/p1
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited February 2015
    Death to justine keaton

Edit the title of this post reminds me of this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogMBLRHJYXU
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member

I have nothing whatsoever to base this on, just a gut-feeling based on the way the hoods work in TS4. They designed it perfectly to incorporate "going to space" (planetary sub hoods), there's that huge-plum telescope already in the game and I think I read they are adding aliens (I think? Did I read that right?).

Mark my words, your TS4 sims are going to space at some point! You heard it here first! :)
    Good enough for me, why hasn't someone made a "confirmed" thread yet? ;)
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

You heard it here first.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802587/space-world/p1

Lol. I've never seen that. I guess I'm not as well-informed as I thought :D

• Options
    Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    Emilym3 wrote: »
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I dunno. Just my wishful thinking for something we haven't seen before. Sometimes I feel like fans are so stuck in the past (pets! Seasons! Toddlers! ( daycare! Oh I know! add toddlers to this expansion! no? Ok.) That it makes it impossible for the sims to go anywhere new.

Are you saying Toddlers should never be included again? Because if that's the case then sims needs are always the same, they have houses and a sky too, which has always been there ...

And what's wrong with Seasons? You don't want any weather in your game? :\

No not at all. Of course I want weather, however I think that could be instigated in a patch rather than taking up an entire expansion for it...again.

They won't give free patches for ever though, I mean they are already moving to paid content, Game Packs and Expansion Packs, most of the free 'patches' where to compensate some of the cut, but partially developed content and to compensate there being no store.

Why patch when people are willing to pay for it I suppose
  • Options
    I dunno. Just my wishful thinking for something we haven't seen before. Sometimes I feel like fans are so stuck in the past (pets! Seasons! Toddlers! ( daycare! Oh I know! add toddlers to this expansion! no? Ok.) That it makes it impossible for the sims to go anywhere new.

Are you saying Toddlers should never be included again? Because if that's the case then sims needs are always the same, they have houses and a sky too, which has always been there ...

No not at all. Of course I want weather, however I think that could be instigated in a patch rather than taking up an entire expansion for it...again.

They won't give free patches for ever though, I mean they are already moving to paid content, Game Packs and Expansion Packs, most of the free 'patches' where to compensate some of the cut, but partially developed content and to compensate there being no store.

You can't expect that they patch everything that you are used to from previous games.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited February 2015

That's the thing, its all about money but if they really wanted to hit the big time they should have sold a game that a large majority would buy, standard base content included, not a game only a smaller minority would enjoy with less content.

Edit:
    and that is no disrespect for people who do enjoy the game but there are a lot of people who were put off from the start and thus, many refused to buy and others cancelled their pre orders
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

You can't expect that they patch everything that you are used to from previous games.
    I don't expect that at all. However I have seen weather patched into other computer games and weather just feels like a given. It should be there. Now if they were to come out with a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs expansion, and wanted to instigate weather into that...I'm all for it.
  • Options

I don't expect that at all. However I have seen weather patched into other computer games and weather just feels like a given. It should be there. Now if they were to come out with a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs expansion, and wanted to instigate weather into that...I'm all for it.

Chance of meatballs? If they add that to TS4 then I will take back everything they say and buy it from release day!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Weather has always been paid content in sims. I find it funny that people expect differently this time round.
  • Options

Weather has always been paid content in sims. I find it funny that people expect differently this time round.
    Wishful thinking I know,but what can I say I'm getting burned-out of buying the same content over and over again...which was kind of the point of this thread.

I can keep on buying the same old thing or I can eventually stop. And I guess I need to broaden my horizons and break away from sims. Find a new game I enjoy, which is too bad because I really like sims, I just wish there was something new to it to grab my attention. Wish wish wish...
  • Options

Wishful thinking I know,but what can I say I'm getting burned-out of buying the same content over and over again...which was kind of the point of this thread.

I can keep on buying the same old thing or I can eventually stop. And I guess I need to broaden my horizons and break away from sims. Find a new game I enjoy, which is too bad because I really like sims, I just wish there was something new to it to grab my attention. Wish wish wish...

Hence why I stopped at TS3. The Sims 4 doesn't really offer anything new, just less of the old and renaming of things. 'Emotions' 'Family Histories' ect

The more they could have included in the base game then the more room for new ideas for each EP
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

The thing is, is that you don't have to buy the same content each time. For me, I know that after 2 and 3, I likely won't buy pets this time. And I KNOW I won't buy anything that is all downtown drinking hotspot clubby things. The only way for that is if they combine that with bands and allow bands to have front singers. Otherwise, no, I won't rehash all that again. We have bars in the base and that's enough unless it's spectacular.

I never did buy a lot of the sps including katy perry, movie stuff, or fast lane. I want NEW too. I don't want the same old rehashed stuff. I don't think their intention is to give us that here. My take on this iteration is to just build your game the way you want it to be. Buy what suits you and your game style.
  • Options

Hence why I stopped at TS3. The Sims 4 doesn't really offer anything new, just less of the old and renaming of things. 'Emotions' 'Family Histories' ect

The more they could have included in the base game then the more room for new ideas for each EP
    Exactly
  • Options

The thing is, is that you don't have to buy the same content each time. For me, I know that after 2 and 3, I likely won't buy pets this time. And I KNOW I won't buy anything that is all downtown drinking hotspot clubby things. The only way for that is if they combine that with bands and allow bands to have front singers. Otherwise, no, I won't rehash all that again. We have bars in the base and that's enough unless it's spectacular.

I never did buy a lot of the sps including katy perry, movie stuff, or fast lane. I want NEW too. I don't want the same old rehashed stuff. I don't think their intention is to give us that here. My take on this iteration is to just build your game the way you want it to be. Buy what suits you and your game style.
    Well said