Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Party Like it's 2000? Come Join the Fun!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The celebratory pictures that you have posted are great! @SimSwim2 :) It is nice seeing the different game versions of sims having fun celebrating in the game.
  • Options
    SimLover48702SimLover48702 Posts: 153 Member
    I started out with Sims 2 in 2012(my mom had the entire series omg), then played Sims 3(again, my mom had just base game this time around), becoming obsessed and I collected every expansion and a few stuff packs, and now I'm playing Sims 4 and still havent gotten any of the DLC yet(waiting for prices to go down on GTW) Even though it's only been 3 years for me, I loved those 3 years of annoying my family bc I wouldn't get off the computer playing Sims that they eventually got me my own laptop XD
    tumblr_mub46s5VJ51so0aeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    nekocat86nekocat86 Posts: 28 Member
    I've only been playing for 3 years, but it has been a simtastic 3 years! Sooner or later I'll get around to buying Sims 4, but I've been happy with Sims 3 so far.
  • Options
    MelMonsterxMelMonsterx Posts: 74 Member
    A very late happy birthday, but happy birthday! I've only played Sims 3 & 4 and been playing since 2011 on and off. It's been a fun experience honestly. :)
    Origin ID: MelMonsterx
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    > @BlazeMCgirl said:
    > Wait, there have been sims for longer than I've been alive....

me too
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    Merleawe91Merleawe91 Posts: 65 Member
    I started in 2005 with Sims 1 back when I was in middle school, and fell in love with Sims 2. I played Sims 3 some but I didn't have a computer to play it on when I was away in college, and stopped playing Sims altogether while I focused on school. Now that I am in graduate school, and have my own apartment + desktop computer, my love for the game was rekindled. I really have been enjoying my time with Sims 4!
    tumblr_mskwyi1Ocl1shsxzto1_500%201_zpsecj1snov.gif
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    [quote="MelMonsterx;13919166"]A very late happy birthday, but happy birthday! I've only played Sims 3 & 4 and been playing since 2011 on and off. It's been a fun experience honestly. :) [/quote]

I have only played TS4
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    ScottishSimmer03ScottishSimmer03 Posts: 5 New Member
    Happy Birthday TS! :p :) :D
  • Options
    Billie_Bacon_1stBillie_Bacon_1st Posts: 11 New Member
    Happy happy birthday to who to you ( well not you unless it is your birthday but to the sims)
  • Options
    Billie_Bacon_1stBillie_Bacon_1st Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="Sim love;13934599"]> @BlazeMCgirl said:
    > Wait, there have been sims for longer than I've been alive....

me too
    [/quote]

I know it suprized me to but that means we are young we are the youth of the Sim fans we will Cary it on for generations we are there stars we will celebrate the Sims foe many years to come this is the best space I have ever done good night simmers and Sim on if that makes sense and moat of all love pigs.
  • Options
    Magic229Magic229 Posts: 44 Member
    Sims have been alive a tad longer than me! Long live the Sims! Happy 15th birthday :D
    idk man, is it jif or gif
    tumblr_n5fafe7KK91tb2zoqo6_250.gif
  • Options
    DruekasterDruekaster Posts: 42 Member
    I remember playing the sims 1. I tried to recreate myself, to the best of my abilities. Then I moved simself into a little white house. Bob and Betty came to visit. Fun times. I couldn't quite figure out how things worked with that first sim, though. She cried a lot and wet herself more than a couple of times.
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    > @Merleawe91 said:
    > I started in 2005 with Sims 1 back when I was in middle school, and fell in love with Sims 2. I played Sims 3 some but I didn't have a computer to play it on when I was away in college, and stopped playing Sims altogether while I focused on school. Now that I am in graduate school, and have my own apartment + desktop computer, my love for the game was rekindled. I really have been enjoying my time with Sims 4!

> @Druekaster said:
    > I remember playing the sims 1. I tried to recreate myself, to the best of my abilities. Then I moved simself into a little white house. Bob and Betty came to visit. Fun times. I couldn't quite figure out how things worked with that first sim, though. She cried a lot and wet herself more than a couple of times.

--

So true! I remember the first one and then two, mostly on the old playstation, Bustin Out, Pets and such. The quality of the picture and gameplay has improved so much, it's great!

I remember on the old games it was REALLY hard to maintain friendships, you didn't call them for even a day and they would decline. Jobs were quite hard, as well I think. Spent a lot of time waiting for them to come home, only for the to be tired, grumpy and smelly in need of fun and food - while you wanted them to learn more to get a promotion and they would just refuse! lol. Fun Times.

I'm just catching up with Sims 3 at the moment, plan to get to Sims 4 down the track.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    DruekasterDruekaster Posts: 42 Member
    @AMofOz Did you keep playing 1 after 2 was announced?

I remember TOTALLY losing interest in sims 1, once I heard what sims 2 would be offering. Then the release kept being pushed back and I nearly went batplum insane. And THEN, once I had finally started up sims 2, I spent a lot of time building the perfect sim. I moved her into a house, decorated it juuust so. Took lots of time. One of the first things I did was to send her outside to look at the stars, or clouds or whatever it was. Whammo, a satellite fell on her and killed her instantly. This was, of course, before I had saved my game.
  • Options
    AMofOzAMofOz Posts: 856 Member
    > @Druekaster said:
    > AMofOz Did you keep playing 1 after 2 was announced?
    >
    > I remember TOTALLY losing interest in sims 1, once I heard what sims 2 would be offering. Then the release kept being pushed back and I nearly went batplum insane. And THEN, once I had finally started up sims 2, I spent a lot of time building the perfect sim. I moved her into a house, decorated it juuust so. Took lots of time. One of the first things I did was to send her outside to look at the stars, or clouds or whatever it was. Whammo, a satellite fell on her and killed her instantly. This was, of course, before I had saved my game.

AW NO! Nothing worse than getting your perfect sim and house and have them die without saving!

I think I got into the Sims about the time of the '2' release, so went backward from there, so no waiting time for me, thank goodness. Pretty much what I am doing now, hearing about 4, but playing the 3's now and compiling them first, before I move onto 4.

I have Sims 3 for the Wii but it's not near as good as the PC version. It's funny though, I made a sim and a child up for the household, and had her want to get married and such, giving her family oriented and romantic traits. Literally the first guy she met - the wish popped up that she wanted to marry him! LOL It seemed to take forever for her to get to know him enough for them to get married, and when they did marry, he aged up literally one day later into an elder, and died a few days later leaving her a widow. FML. lol.
    -Ann Maree (AM for short)
    Feel free to add me on The Sims 3 MyPage.
    I now own the store! (apart from avatars and badges)
  • Options
    jaymiee7jaymiee7 Posts: 49 Member
    Aww I miss the Sims 1. I think I was in like 3rd grade maybe and I used to play it all the time. Good memories
    jPeATrH.png
  • Options
    skfmyersskfmyers Posts: 159 Member
    Happy birthday, Sims. I've only been simming since 2007, although it seems like I've been doing it all my life (false: I was well into my 30s when I started). I resisted the impulse to buy Sims 2 for the longest time, then I bought it, then I went back within a day or two and bought every expansion available at the time. I sometimes feel bad that I never explored every single thing I wanted to do with Sims 3 before I got Sims 4, and I'm still discovering new content daily with 4.
    "The worst is not, So long as we can say 'This is the worst.'" - Wm. Shakespeare, King Lear, Act IV Scene 1
  • Options
    KaattrrinneeKaattrrinnee Posts: 101 Member
    Yay for The Sims! Been playing since.. 2009? Or 2010? Can't remember. (TS3 fyi). I didn't hear much about the game series before that anyways. I guess am not the craziest, most passionate gamer though. It's either "on or off". Either I'm passionate about playing, or I don't play the game at all. It's been a long time since I've been engaged in the game, but the whole community still interests me.

So yeah. Happy birthday :smiley:
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited August 2015
    I remember that I saw some pictures from a Sims game back in 2004 and thought it looked interesting. Then in 2006 I started reading about Sims 2 and got more interested and later I bought the base game and University. I installed the base game and got hooked! Played like crazy. :smiley: Then I installed University, and bought more EP's.

Then I bought Sims 3, but it took some time before I got used to it, but it's the best game I've ever played. :smiley:

And I joined some Sims related forums and found many new friends. Simpletons was the best forum of them all. Sadly, something happened to the server Simpletons was on, so we had to start a new forum (see my siggy). We are slowly getting started, and feel free to join us there. You can discuss, post pics from your games, play forum games, the arcade or stop by to chat in our chatbox. :smiley:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    CazzTregurthaCazzTregurtha Posts: 232 Member
    Happy birthday sims!!!! I have every single game since sims1. A little obsessed haha
  • Options
    ShadowLabrysShadowLabrys Posts: 281 Member
    Party like its 1999 no wait 2000 :3
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    I started with Sim city and have been a Sim addict since. I love the sims, 3 is my favorite...so far! I am enjoying 4 but am definitely ready for more stuff. Heres to 15 more years!!!!!!!!!
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    CoffeeBeanPopcornCoffeeBeanPopcorn Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm back!
  • Options
    EmilyWithHopeEmilyWithHope Posts: 354 Member
    edited September 2015
    Happy Belated 15th Birthday To... "The Sims!" :)
    "I've seen better days, but I've also seen worse. I don't have everything that I want, but I do have all I need. I woke up with some aches & pains, but I woke up. My life may not be perfect, but I am blessed."