Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you kidding me, EA?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    OP I think you get that feeling because it's true! Depressing :( why can't a premium priced game like ts4 be as valued as their free to play game?! We invested a great deal initially rather than through micro transactions-why should our money not be as appreciated?! Ts4 wasn't cheap!

I agree 100% with you.

And what's daft? Don't they realise many of us wouldn't touch free play with a ten foot barge pole?! It's not a case of pushing us into it. If they push us that way I will just walk away and take my vast sims investment money elsewhere!

This. I've never really understood the hype that surrounds Free to Play. I've looked into it before since I have a phone that would support it but I've always gotten bored before the game even starts hounding me for money to continue progressing. I just don't get how some people can get addicted to them or even think them to be value for money (heck, it probably costs more overall for a Free to Play game than it does for a full retail video game for PC or console... that is unless you have the patience of a saint) but then I suppose I'm also not their target market.

Come to think of it I wonder if that's what it is. I wonder how many people who play games regularly on PC / Console / Handheld bother with the mobile games and how many people who DO play the mobile games also play more "traditional" games.

Meh... I have a tablet, a Nexus7. I use it as a stereo-system. Spotify FTW. The only game I play on my smartphone, HTC M8-one, is Let's Vegas, a slot-machine game, which is F2P, but it keeps giving me so much coins I haven't ever felt the need to buy anything in over three years of playing. A few months ago, I bought a €10 coin-package, just to give something back to the people behind Let's Vegas, I felt like a freeloader after having had, and still having, a lot a fun.

• Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    I WANT A MALL IN MY SIMS 4 EA! MAKE IT FREAKING HAPPEN!
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    OP I think you get that feeling because it's true! Depressing :( why can't a premium priced game like ts4 be as valued as their free to play game?! We invested a great deal initially rather than through micro transactions-why should our money not be as appreciated?! Ts4 wasn't cheap!

I agree 100% with you.

And what's daft? Don't they realise many of us wouldn't touch free play with a ten foot barge pole?! It's not a case of pushing us into it. If they push us that way I will just walk away and take my vast sims investment money elsewhere!

This. I've never really understood the hype that surrounds Free to Play. I've looked into it before since I have a phone that would support it but I've always gotten bored before the game even starts hounding me for money to continue progressing. I just don't get how some people can get addicted to them or even think them to be value for money (heck, it probably costs more overall for a Free to Play game than it does for a full retail video game for PC or console... that is unless you have the patience of a saint) but then I suppose I'm also not their target market.

Come to think of it I wonder if that's what it is. I wonder how many people who play games regularly on PC / Console / Handheld bother with the mobile games and how many people who DO play the mobile games also play more "traditional" games.

For me, freeplay is totally casual, pick it up, set it up, forget it for weeks. Usually my son plays it instead of me. I like having a few games that I can just sort of check in on when I feel like it - over a few years I've made decent amounts of progress, but the "limited time" quests bug me so I didn't bother transferring my account from my tablet to my phone. I did play it, I think i bought some credits on some kind of super sale and never even used them all lol.

Seriously, Haven't touched the app in two years now. I just update, watch the new update trailer on youtube and shake my head.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    soccergirl0426soccergirl0426 Posts: 135 Member
    I couldn't stand that mobile game... it was a money making trap. I kept that app for about a day. Now that game is getting things that we can't get with our $60 TS4 base game and not to mention all the GPs, SPs, and EPs...
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Terrylin wrote: »
    The sims freeplay is a completely independent game, it's not even developed by Maxis. To add to that, it's also been out for years so it's not surprising that it gets lots of new content. It has an established fan base.

I have to disagree a it is still a SIM based game and they did pull developers off of TS4 to work on the mobile game sometime the last of Nov first of Dec. Sharing resources is what is hurting production of TS4. That being said it would be logical to say that The Sims production of any version mobile, PC or otherwise is all on the same budget and gets doled out to the perspective department accordingly.

Considering Freeplay is made in Australia, and the Sims 4 is made in the US, don't know where you are getting that info.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I had a play at that Freeplay update. Not as good as it looks. Anyone could build what they did in The Sims 1 (using Hot Date).

While it has a few cool perks, it's "do this, do that" etc gameplay. Why anyone would want this in The Sims 4, and then complain the Sims 4 is too restricting is beyond me. It''s just a bunch of mini-games.

• Options
    Alexis402Alexis402 Posts: 238 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Sims Freeplay has more than TS4. They have toddlers, pets, pre-teens, pools (that we didn't have to wait for), weather, and now shopping mall. Why anyone would pay $70 for this when it doesn't even have half of what the FREEplay has, is beyond me. And it's not like TS4 graphics are any better than Freeplay, as both look cheap.

Don't forget that the infants aren't considered objects anymore. They can freely move(crawl) around now.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    I have freeplay on my Amazon Kindle Fire.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    A virtual mall in a "free" game spells tons of microtransactions. I like the idea of having a mall in TS4 (bowling, restaurants, shops), but I doubt that we'll get one in the near future. Maybe several months from now at the earliest, if ever.

You can play The Sims Freeplay completely Free. There are microtransactions of course but that's because its a mobile free to play game, they need money to develop content, pay developers, and afford servers.
    FireMonkey Studios is developing this, an Australia based mobile developer. EA publishes it, and owns The Sims IP.
    FMS knows what we The Sims fans want, they deliver it. Maxis knows what we want, they just don't care.
    TSFP and TS4 are by different developers, on different sides of the world.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd remind people.
    FreePlay has been out for a few years now
    Sim4 has been out for 5 months

One is an established game, and the other has barely been around long enough to get it's first Pack.

So what? They could have had a lot more content in the base game before release. Don't waste your time making excuses for The Sims Studio. They had a heck of a lot more content and interactions in The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 *base games* than the Sims 4 has, and you know it.

Actually, I know that they didn't.

Sims3 Base had 2 big features, and not much else, with practically no attention paid to the SIms themselves
    Sims4 Base has a lot of small-to-medium features, with a tonne of attention paid to the SIms themselves.

Puh-leez. The Sims 3 base game had all the base game objects of The Sims 2, with the addition of cars. It also had all of the life stages of The Sims 2 base game, plus ghosts and pools.

What do we get with the Sims 4? Practically none of the objects that we had with the Sims 2 and Sims 3; no large kitchen appliances, no npc repair persons, and magic teleporters; in Sims 2, our Sims got into a vehicle and drove off their lot and the loading screen was a scene of the vehicle. When they got to their destination, they climbed out of the vehicle and entered the lot they were visiting. None of this magic teleporter stuff. In Sims 3, they got into their car and we could follow them to their destination. In Sims 4, magic teleporter: Poof, they disappear and reappear on the lot.

A tone of attention paid to the Sims themselves? Yeah, sure if you like having their emotions all In Your Face (Your Sims is Angry! Your Sim is Flirty!), and you want to see them stand around and yakking up a storm. I'll admit some of the interactions are good, but it doesn't make up for the lack of content; it can't have been *that* hard to add large appliances to the game, after all...and it can't have been *that* hard to add toddlers. All they had to do is tie them to the same playpen as the one that comes with Aurora Falls, and the toddlers could have learned skills. I guess it was too much trouble to make a potty chair though.

You keep making excuse after excuse. The truth of the matter is that EA gutted the family gameplay from the Sims 4 in order to take shortcuts and then expects us to pay for having the same things put back in. I'm glad you like this game, mind you, but in your rush to defend it, you just end up alienating players who differ with your opinion.

The sims 3 did not have all the sims 2 basegame stuff though. piano or hot tubs for ecamp!e and other content!

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon