Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you kidding me, EA?

Comments

• GlamourSimmerGlamourSimmer Posts: 238 Member
    Woooow!! this has mad me furious! Do you know how interesting the Sims 4 would be if it had this?
    Sim is life !
    Gaming Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjdolzKVXRHZhBiMKXTdofw ( Don't be afraid to go subscribe )
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    Sim Freeplay is a quest game. You perform quests and the game holds your hand and instructs you on the tasks you need to preform in order to earn stuff. Sims 4 has linear play instead of sandbox play. You have to perform tasks in a certain way, while it holds your hand and instructs you on what tasks you need to preform to achieve goals in order to earn stuff. Sound familiar? The PC game has always given players freedom of choice until now.

Well I suppose if you let the game do that it will be a quest game. I have also not had that same experience as I pretty much ignor any pop ups or quests and play sims 4 more like i played Sims 2. i have not had any issues ignoring anything and no sims has failed to move up in careers or have any other negatives because of it. Maybe because I ignored it all from the beginning. I found Sims 3 much more quest involved than Sims 4. It reminded me a lot of the Quest we had in Sims 1 in Superstar, pets, and Making Magic. I discovered I also ignored many of those - but did get penalized in Sims 3 with not getting things I needed to move ahead in careers, not getting any of the stage sets for not porting or taking in players acts, and not being able to go through tombs because I refused to find what it wanted me to. Sim kids also had dropping grades sometimes when I ignored field trips or making bff's with certain sims. But I was one that just shrugged and ignored it all. I have not had those difficulties in Sims 4 so far with ignoring stuff. But on the other hand I probably don't have the hours into the game many of you do because I can't play my beloved family play - so i get bored and go back to Sims 2 or 3.

I ignored it too when I played the game, but that is how the game is designed. Now the game is put away while I wait and see if it somehow improves later on down the road. I will keep my wallet put away as well.

• Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd remind people.
    FreePlay has been out for a few years now
    Sim4 has been out for 5 months

One is an established game, and the other has barely been around long enough to get it's first Pack.

So what? They could have had a lot more content in the base game before release. Don't waste your time making excuses for The Sims Studio. They had a heck of a lot more content and interactions in The Sims 2 and the Sims 3 *base games* than the Sims 4 has, and you know it.

Actually, I know that they didn't.

Sims3 Base had 2 big features, and not much else, with practically no attention paid to the SIms themselves
    Sims4 Base has a lot of small-to-medium features, with a tonne of attention paid to the SIms themselves.

Puh-leez. The Sims 3 base game had all the base game objects of The Sims 2, with the addition of cars. It also had all of the life stages of The Sims 2 base game, plus ghosts and pools.

What do we get with the Sims 4? Practically none of the objects that we had with the Sims 2 and Sims 3; no large kitchen appliances, no npc repair persons, and magic teleporters; in Sims 2, our Sims got into a vehicle and drove off their lot and the loading screen was a scene of the vehicle. When they got to their destination, they climbed out of the vehicle and entered the lot they were visiting. None of this magic teleporter stuff. In Sims 3, they got into their car and we could follow them to their destination. In Sims 4, magic teleporter: Poof, they disappear and reappear on the lot.

A tone of attention paid to the Sims themselves? Yeah, sure if you like having their emotions all In Your Face (Your Sims is Angry! Your Sim is Flirty!), and you want to see them stand around and yakking up a storm. I'll admit some of the interactions are good, but it doesn't make up for the lack of content; it can't have been *that* hard to add large appliances to the game, after all...and it can't have been *that* hard to add toddlers. All they had to do is tie them to the same playpen as the one that comes with Aurora Falls, and the toddlers could have learned skills. I guess it was too much trouble to make a potty chair though.

You keep making excuse after excuse. The truth of the matter is that EA gutted the family gameplay from the Sims 4 in order to take shortcuts and then expects us to pay for having the same things put back in. I'm glad you like this game, mind you, but in your rush to defend it, you just end up alienating players who differ with your opinion.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    Jarsie - Sims 2 did not come with cars for personal use - but they did have car pools, taxi's and buses. We did get cars added to the base game after Night Life came out which actually added the cars for personal use even if one did not buy the ep. But you are right, Sims 3 came with them. They did have the drive way messed up a bit in Sims 3 - and of course the materializing into the car after it materialized into the road - which did not sit well with simmers either - but yes Sims 3 base was by no means empty - they had all the rh's and regular jobs, child care baby sitters, and tons of things. The sims were not fleshed out well, and the clothing was horrid compared to sims 2 Sims but yeah it had a pretty nice fleshed out base game.

In sims one the sims did a lot of teleporting but at least Will Wrights Maxis team used some imagination for we had actual teleporters in the rewards, as well as various things for sims to disappear into - I recall a hole that we could place anywhere and sims would come up in the different Making Magic hoods. There was the air balloon and a trolley if i recall correctly we'd see sims get into before it went to loading screens. Then taxi's of course and airport pick up service. Even limos with Superstar. So the sims teleported but you didn't really see them just vanish even in Sims 1 - you saw them going into something and then popping out of it. The air balloon even went up into the air before it vanished.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SteffynSteffyn Posts: 23 New Member
    > @Kuypers125 said:
    > When A new Base Game comes out, I stop playing the old one; nothing against the older ones, that's just the way I play.
    So you're letting yourself miss quality games just because they're "older"? People are still making and learning how to make CC for Sims 2 so that's incredibly self-defeating tbh. There's many great things out there that aren't just for the newest and ""best"" thing.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Jarsie - Sims 2 did not come with cars for personal use - but they did have car pools, taxi's and buses. We did get cars added to the base game after Night Life came out which actually added the cars for personal use even if one did not buy the ep. But you are right, Sims 3 came with them. They did have the drive way messed up a bit in Sims 3 - and of course the materializing into the car after it materialized into the road - which did not sit well with simmers either - but yes Sims 3 base was by no means empty - they had all the rh's and regular jobs, child care baby sitters, and tons of things. The sims were not fleshed out well, and the clothing was horrid compared to sims 2 Sims but yeah it had a pretty nice fleshed out base game.

In sims one the sims did a lot of teleporting but at least Will Wrights Maxis team used some imagination for we had actual teleporters in the rewards, as well as various things for sims to disappear into - I recall a hole that we could place anywhere and sims would come up in the different Making Magic hoods. There was the air balloon and a trolley if i recall correctly we'd see sims get into before it went to loading screens. Then taxi's of course and airport pick up service. Even limos with Superstar. So the sims teleported but you didn't really see them just vanish even in Sims 1 - you saw them going into something and then popping out of it. The air balloon even went up into the air before it vanished.

The point is that Sims got into a car, though. I'm aware that they didn't get personal cars in TS2's base game; however, I guess I should not have used the words drove off, which is why I gave the impression that TS2 came with cars. But the point I was trying to make was that, even though there were still loading screens in Sims 2, the *way* those loading screens were implemented didn't ruin the immersion in the game, it *was* part of the immersion process. That's all I was trying to say.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Sims 4 has linear play instead of sandbox play. You have to perform tasks in a certain way, while it holds your hand and instructs you on what tasks you need to preform to achieve goals in order to earn stuff. Sound familiar?
    Yes, that does sound familiar. In fact it sounds an awful lot like Sims3 to me.
    Both 3 & 4 had linear elements with largely optional rewards.
    But both of them were still every bit the Sandbox game that their predecessors were.

You cannot vilify Sims4 for doing something SIms3 did; unless you're prepared to vilify Sims3 for it as well.
    And from what I've seen, most people just aren't.
    A tone of attention paid to the Sims themselves? Yeah, sure if you like having their emotions all In Your Face (Your Sims is Angry! Your Sim is Flirty!), and you want to see them stand around and yakking up a storm.
    Actual Emotions instead of do-nothing emoticons
    No-pudding faces
    Much Better personalities
    Even the way they react to the world around them is better (it's not the 'aware of the camera' stuff that Sims2 had, but it's much better than the 'oblivious to the world around them' issues that SIms3 had)
    You keep making excuse after excuse. The truth of the matter is that EA gutted the family gameplay from the Sims 4 in order to take shortcuts and then expects us to pay for having the same things put back in. I'm glad you like this game, mind you, but in your rush to defend it, you just end up alienating players who differ with your opinion.
    I'm not making excuses, or rushing into anything.
    I'm stating facts & my own opinion; if me doing that offends you, that's not really my problem.

Also your rush to attack it alienates people just as much.
    At least I'm willing to see it from both sides; some 'big' features are 'missing' & people have every right to be upset about that, but that does not mean that Family gameplay was gutted. It's just been changed.
    Yes not all of those changes are positive, but not all of them are negative either
    Steffyn wrote: »
    > @Kuypers125 said:
    > When A new Base Game comes out, I stop playing the old one; nothing against the older ones, that's just the way I play.
    So you're letting yourself miss quality games just because they're "older"? People are still making and learning how to make CC for Sims 2 so that's incredibly self-defeating tbh. There's many great things out there that aren't just for the newest and ""best"" thing.
    You couldn't pay me to use CC.
    So if that's what some people have to resort to in order to keep themselves interested in the Older Base Games, than I regret my decision to move on even less than I already did.

And when did I say anything about the newer Base Games being better than the older ones?
    2-4 all have areas where they are better than the other Bases & they all have areas where they are worse than the other Bases:
    -2 Base was better than 1 in just about every possible way, and brought us the most interesting Sims to-date; but continued the Closed-World system that Sims1 used.
    -3 Base was a design Sim that attempted to bring a more 'Open World' into the franchise; but had the most bugs & the least impressive Sims of any game in the franchise so far
    -4 Base has actual emotions, the most realistic looing Sims, and the deepest personalities in the franchise so far; but has smaller 'Open' areas & less Colour choices than 3 did.

All 3 have they're strengths, and deserve a lot of the praise they get.
    But none of them are perfect.
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    This is why I said Freeplay is better than Sims 4.
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @Kuypers125‌ no one says any previous game is perfect-in all my time here I've never, ever seen it!

The difference is that sims 4 is a going concern. It's still being worked on and EA will be doing so whereas the older games are no longer current. So people are well within their rights to say what *they* want to see from Ts4. They can't guarantee EA will listen but they'll stand up for what they believe in :)

And while you have strong beliefs yours are no more valid than any other users here. So people will react when you tell them they can't say that just because you feel family play is alive and kicking in it's current state that their feelings that it's gutted are invalid. They aren't because they are feelings-subjective and not something to argue over :)

Being disappointed and vocalising it doesn't mean an 'attack'. It's part of healthy debate regarding the future of our favourite game that devs can look at all points of view to make future decisions. It would be a boring forum if we all felt exactly the same way and devs would have to pay for this info we are giving them for free. I'm sure they prefer free feedback anytime ;)
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited January 2015
    Sims 4 has linear play instead of sandbox play. You have to perform tasks in a certain way, while it holds your hand and instructs you on what tasks you need to preform to achieve goals in order to earn stuff. Sound familiar?
    Yes, that does sound familiar. In fact it sounds an awful lot like Sims3 to me.
    Both 3 & 4 had linear elements with largely optional rewards.
    But both of them were still every bit the Sandbox game that their predecessors were.

You cannot vilify Sims4 for doing something SIms3 did; unless you're prepared to vilify Sims3 for it as well.
    And from what I've seen, most people just aren't.
    A tone of attention paid to the Sims themselves? Yeah, sure if you like having their emotions all In Your Face (Your Sims is Angry! Your Sim is Flirty!), and you want to see them stand around and yakking up a storm.
    Actual Emotions instead of do-nothing emoticons
    No-pudding faces
    Much Better personalities
    Even the way they react to the world around them is better (it's not the 'aware of the camera' stuff that Sims2 had, but it's much better than the 'oblivious to the world around them' issues that SIms3 had)
    I'm not making excuses, or rushing into anything.
    I'm stating facts & my own opinion; if me doing that offends you, that's not really my problem.

Also your rush to attack it alienates people just as much.
    At least I'm willing to see it from both sides; some 'big' features are 'missing' & people have every right to be upset about that, but that does not mean that Family gameplay was gutted. It's just been changed.
    Yes not all of those changes are positive, but not all of them are negative either
    Steffyn wrote: »
    > @Kuypers125 said:
    You couldn't pay me to use CC.
    So if that's what some people have to resort to in order to keep themselves interested in the Older Base Games, than I regret my decision to move on even less than I already did.

And when did I say anything about the newer Base Games being better than the older ones?
    2-4 all have areas where they are better than the other Bases & they all have areas where they are worse than the other Bases:
    -2 Base was better than 1 in just about every possible way, and brought us the most interesting Sims to-date; but continued the Closed-World system that Sims1 used.
    -3 Base was a design Sim that attempted to bring a more 'Open World' into the franchise; but had the most bugs & the least impressive Sims of any game in the franchise so far
    -4 Base has actual emotions, the most realistic looing Sims, and the deepest personalities in the franchise so far; but has smaller 'Open' areas & less Colour choices than 3 did.

All 3 have they're strengths, and deserve a lot of the praise they get.
    But none of them are perfect.

Funny, although I do agree that there were some elements of linear play that came with some of the EP's, I didn't notice the linear play so much in Sims 3 because it was easily ignored. You could easily unlock things if you didn't want to simport. In Sims 4, linear play sticks out like a sore thumb.

No one is vilifying anything. I am giving my opinion and I do not have to justify my opinion to you.

Also, if you are going to quote me, use the entire quote and do not take it out of context. Thank you. It should read as follows.

Katlyn2525 wrote:
    Sim Freeplay is a quest game. You perform quests and the game holds your hand and instructs you on the tasks you need to preform in order to earn stuff. Sims 4 has linear play instead of sandbox play. You have to perform tasks in a certain way, while it holds your hand and instructs you on what tasks you need to preform to achieve goals in order to earn stuff. Sound familiar? The PC game has always given players freedom of choice until now.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
    @Kuypers125, what I find offensive about the way you post isn't that you disagree with my opinion. What i find offensive (and others do as well, I'm sure) is the condescending and patronizing tone of your replies. It's as if you're just coming into this thread, patting us on our collective head, and being the "adult" in a thread full of unruly children...when in, fact, all you're doing is going to great lengths to defend a game that even outside sources readily admit is not only flawed, but isn't selling as well as its predecessors...in fact, in terms of sales, it's a failure...and it really speaks volumes when even those who download it for the 48 hour free trial have problems with it.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Great. Now Maxis employees will read THIS, and decide that Sims 5 needs 'free play' graphics.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • SteffynSteffyn Posts: 23 New Member
    > @Jarsie9 said:
    > Kuypers125, what I find offensive about the way you post isn't that you disagree with my opinion. What i find offensive (and others do as well, I'm sure) is the condescending and patronizing tone of your replies. It's as if you're just coming into this thread, patting us on our collective head, and being the "adult" in a thread full of unruly children...when in, fact, all you're doing is going to great lengths to defend a game that even outside sources readily admit is not only flawed, but isn't selling as well as its predecessors...in fact, in terms of sales, it's a failure...and it really speaks volumes when even those who download it for the 48 hour free trial have problems with it.

This. It's appealing to be the lone voice of kiss-🐸🐸🐸🐸 in a sea of very loudly disapproving voices, but you really have to watch your tone there. I'm pretty sure no one in this thread is saying anything about you as a person. I know I sure wasn't. I only pointed out mods and CC because they definitely breathe new life into older games, not that everyone should be required to use them, even when they can save the game from corruption and other nasty things.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Great. Now Maxis employees will read THIS, and decide that Sims 5 needs 'free play' graphics.
    i fear which maybe no, because this gonna be "too hard and expensive", the sims 5 probably will gonna be like the "old doom quakes" graphics because nowadays everything is too hard and expensive.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Since everything is too hard and too expensive now, perhaps we could take it even further back..stick figures anyone? Hey, we could probably get toddlers too, wouldn't that be neat. :D
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    @Kuypers125‌ no one says any previous game is perfect-in all my time here I've never, ever seen it!

The difference is that sims 4 is a going concern. It's still being worked on and EA will be doing so whereas the older games are no longer current. So people are well within their rights to say what *they* want to see from Ts4. They can't guarantee EA will listen but they'll stand up for what they believe in :)

And while you have strong beliefs yours are no more valid than any other users here. So people will react when you tell them they can't say that just because you feel family play is alive and kicking in it's current state that their feelings that it's gutted are invalid. They aren't because they are feelings-subjective and not something to argue over :)

Being disappointed and vocalising it doesn't mean an 'attack'. It's part of healthy debate regarding the future of our favourite game that devs can look at all points of view to make future decisions. It would be a boring forum if we all felt exactly the same way and devs would have to pay for this info we are giving them for free. I'm sure they prefer free feedback anytime ;)
    Very well said! :)
    He/Him
  • Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member

Then they're going to say "We're listening guys" And charge us $100 bucks for it...
  • Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    @Kuypers125, what I find offensive about the way you post isn't that you disagree with my opinion. What i find offensive (and others do as well, I'm sure) is the condescending and patronizing tone of your replies. It's as if you're just coming into this thread, patting us on our collective head, and being the "adult" in a thread full of unruly children...when in, fact, all you're doing is going to great lengths to defend a game that even outside sources readily admit is not only flawed, but isn't selling as well as its predecessors...in fact, in terms of sales, it's a failure...and it really speaks volumes when even those who download it for the 48 hour free trial have problems with it.

And thank goodness for IGNORE that some people just don't show up anymore :D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    It's okay for people to try to tell us to stuff it and love the game. It won't work, but they can say it and get a nice little flag for their trouble. Most of us have played it long enough to know we don't like it and don't intend to support it, and hey, I'm happy for those who like the game, truly, but no amount of your liking it is going to rub off on me.

Somehow I doubt that the people coming into these threads saying ts4 is anywhere from good enough to perfect will have the capacity among themselves to keep it going.

Ts4 has disappointed more people than it has enchanted, and EA is all about money. In the end, it will be a question of whether they think it's worth it to keep it going... sadly, without serious changes, I have a feeling we will *all* end up unhappy (except for those who think the game is already perfect - if it's so great in its current state, they should be fine with it ending, no? If there are no problems and nothing needs improving? So congratulations, you guys will be happy no matter what.)
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    I hate those "free" mobile games. I will never touch one. You have to spend money to make the game playable...then you have to pay constantly for every little thing that you want to improve (wait 7 days... or give us your money). If you want to experience the game with all it has to offer, you have to spend lots and lots of money and it will continue to ask for more. These games are evil ;)

I rather pay for a full game that is playable for itself without paying extra for essential content. Remember? I miss the old times ... when you could purchase great complete games and the word dlc wasn't invented yet. It's not that the developers didn't make money out of their games. They did! Many big fanbases were formed back then. Now they have to watch how their favorite games go downhill. Please EA, don't go that way with the Sims 4. The fans are still there, now give us a good Sims game and the sales will come in!
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
    @Lollipop234‌ I actually make f2p mobile games a challenge for myself. I don't get sucked in like some people do, I don't mind waiting, and most of them give you free credits within the game for completing tasks, etc - I make it a point not to spend money on f2p games, instead I find ways not to. If the game is too frustrating to play without spending, it gets uninstalled. It's an app eat app world on my phone. Survival of the fittest at its best!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    It's a fact that The Sims FreePlay is much more advanced compared to the PC version of the games. It's a SHAME.

All we keep hearing when we ask things like 'pre-teens, sports, animated cars etc.', we always get to hear: ''Noo it's soo difficult to create! :(''

They just want to invest all of their time in that Sims Freeplay plum.
  • DariuDariu Posts: 3,120 Member
    i made a topic a few days ago
    on the "Freemium Cash Cycle"
    but it was deleted
    apparently i offended many moderators about it.
    because i do believe that this game is morely going towards the "Freemium Gaming Loop"
    in that they make it barely fun
    and u have to pay extra
    to unlock more stuff
    and continue to pay more to get more
    and etc.

How else can you explain why EA is like
    "LETS MAKE A MOBILE APP MAKER THE LEADER OF THE SIMS 4 PROJECT"
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    OP I think you get that feeling because it's true! Depressing :( why can't a premium priced game like ts4 be as valued as their free to play game?! We invested a great deal initially rather than through micro transactions-why should our money not be as appreciated?! Ts4 wasn't cheap!

I agree 100% with you.

And what's daft? Don't they realise many of us wouldn't touch free play with a ten foot barge pole?! It's not a case of pushing us into it. If they push us that way I will just walk away and take my vast sims investment money elsewhere!

This. I've never really understood the hype that surrounds Free to Play. I've looked into it before since I have a phone that would support it but I've always gotten bored before the game even starts hounding me for money to continue progressing. I just don't get how some people can get addicted to them or even think them to be value for money (heck, it probably costs more overall for a Free to Play game than it does for a full retail video game for PC or console... that is unless you have the patience of a saint) but then I suppose I'm also not their target market.

Come to think of it I wonder if that's what it is. I wonder how many people who play games regularly on PC / Console / Handheld bother with the mobile games and how many people who DO play the mobile games also play more "traditional" games.
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    OP I think you get that feeling because it's true! Depressing :( why can't a premium priced game like ts4 be as valued as their free to play game?! We invested a great deal initially rather than through micro transactions-why should our money not be as appreciated?! Ts4 wasn't cheap!

I agree 100% with you.

And what's daft? Don't they realise many of us wouldn't touch free play with a ten foot barge pole?! It's not a case of pushing us into it. If they push us that way I will just walk away and take my vast sims investment money elsewhere!

This. I've never really understood the hype that surrounds Free to Play. I've looked into it before since I have a phone that would support it but I've always gotten bored before the game even starts hounding me for money to continue progressing. I just don't get how some people can get addicted to them or even think them to be value for money (heck, it probably costs more overall for a Free to Play game than it does for a full retail video game for PC or console... that is unless you have the patience of a saint) but then I suppose I'm also not their target market.

Come to think of it I wonder if that's what it is. I wonder how many people who play games regularly on PC / Console / Handheld bother with the mobile games and how many people who DO play the mobile games also play more "traditional" games.

For me, freeplay is totally casual, pick it up, set it up, forget it for weeks. Usually my son plays it instead of me. I like having a few games that I can just sort of check in on when I feel like it - over a few years I've made decent amounts of progress, but the "limited time" quests bug me so I didn't bother transferring my account from my tablet to my phone. I did play it, I think i bought some credits on some kind of super sale and never even used them all lol.