Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Free Trial

Comments

• Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    I think it's a good thing so people can try and judge the game for themselves. I think the timing is odd - why now, after Outdoor Retreat was just released?

I don't know if I would assume only the best sellers get the trial...TS3 was one and it didn't, so there may be another reasons. I have the feeling it's sales and marketing to a specific audience (those on the fence). They should see the Facebook comments though. People are not happy.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I'm still upset about this, it's not fair that they have this longer trial out after several of us have bought it and are disappointed with it ... Not only that but could not return it on time. Just peachy.

All because their sales are bad, Sims 3 didn't have a free trial .. and that's because its sold great the first week and so on.

Would having Justine Keaton in the Sims 4 make you happy with the Sims 4?

Oh what am I saying - of course it would make everyone happy; Justine Keaton is everyone's favorite sim. :trollface:
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    It is really weird they do this if they are successful, I don't think in business a "nice gesture" is done without a valuable reason to justify it. IIn my opinion, itt is out of character for them. First we saw the major sale they had before on the sims 4 and now we are seeing they are giving a 48 hours free play? I just think any product who is doing very well, won't have to use this measures to get more players if they are that good and successful. Specially if it is a game from EA. Something tells me they are trying to pull in new players because they really are trying to replace the old ones that are not supporting them anymore.
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I think it's to try to turn things round, but actually it wouldn't take much to do just that. If they were able to be more transparent-EA allowing the gurus to engage with the community then people would begin to rebuild trust they've lost. We want to love the sims. That is a gift for EA, it's just whether they take it up or not :(
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    If it's desperation it might be a mistake. 48 hours is plenty of time to realize it's empty.

Desperate times... I doubt they thought this through. Most people didn't need more than 48 hours to realize the game is lacking too much to pay for.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Desperation.

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Already posted at MTS I smelled desperation, it's lingering in the air and I can see more acts to define it. LOL
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Desperation.
  • Options
    ejoslin wrote: »
    I'll say this -- I had fun with Sims 4 for quite awhile, until the loading screens made the game unplayable for me. There were other irritants, such as only immediate family being acknowledged, romances being started while I was rotated to another household (on occasion, to those family members that aren't acknowledged -- such as one who suddenly was involved with both his mother in law and sister in law who were both happily married), the bipolar mood swings, emotions being dictated first and foremost by decor instead of events, and the very flawed multitasking which for most things aren't...

Ugh, my point is, for the first couple of days, especially if you only play for a couple of hours, it is fun. Fast loading screens, relationships not getting to gorked status, not having to complete the same type of repetitive goal for the gazillionth time, etc. It's only after I had been playing awhile that the issues started bothering me, and it still was a little while longer before it became unplayable.

That's interesting. Maybe they are betting on the fact that people won't notice that and buy it.

Did they advertise it on the forums or keep it on twitter? I only saw it because I wanted to see how much I can write 140 characters lol
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    I'm still upset about this, it's not fair that they have this longer trial out after several of us have bought it and are disappointed with it ... Not only that but could not return it on time. Just peachy.

All because their sales are bad, Sims 3 didn't have a free trial .. and that's because its sold great the first week and so on.

Would having Justine Keaton in the Sims 4 make you happy with the Sims 4?

Oh what am I saying - of course it would make everyone happy; Justine Keaton is everyone's favorite sim. :trollface:

No, this game will probably not be able to make me happy. All I want is Toddlers back in just to have it a bit more complete, and because they're supposed to be in there. But honestly, Toddlers won't make my game worthy of 60$.

Base game is incomplete, people will realize it, so I'm not sure how this Free Trial is going to help them.
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    They'll get a few more sales out of it but also convince more people they were wrong not to buy it... will it end in profit? Who knows. If I had gotten this opportunity I wouldn't have wasted time trying to enjoy it, I would have said eeeeehhh no thanks and not purchased it. I only kept trying because I had sunk so much money into it and was desperately hoping to find some redeeming value.
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    It clearly wasn't a nice gesture. I wouldn't give TS4 to my worst enemy... now can have it for a 2-day free trial. #Yikes
  • Options
    No, this game will probably not be able to make me happy. All I want is Toddlers back in just to have it a bit more complete, and because they're supposed to be in there. But honestly, Toddlers won't make my game worthy of 60$.

Base game is incomplete, people will realize it, so I'm not sure how this Free Trial is going to help them.

I know you want Justine Keaton in the Sims 4 than you do toddlers. :kiss:
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    @LaAbby wrote: »
    @‌jackjack_k

Free trial? You mean the CAS demo?

They didn't offer a free trial of the full game at all, unless you're telling me that buying it and then getting a refund of it is "free". And it's not 24 logged hours, 24 hours in real time, and that's not enough. There are other things to do, and a few hours of gameplay isn't enough.

Also, if they were so confident, then they wouldn't even need to release a free trial at all.

No, Free Trial as in you could buy the game, refund it and you'd have played for free. And all you had to do was wait for a day you had free to play, to buy it. So you could play for as long as you wanted.

Anyway, what part of "only EA's best selling games have got a free trial" did you not understand? Look at the free trial list, it's literally EA's biggest games.
    That's not a free trial. That's a refund policy. And that whole buy, refund, buy, refund, that's manipulating the system.
  • Options
    They'll get a few more sales out of it but also convince more people they were wrong not to buy it... will it end in profit? Who knows. If I had gotten this opportunity I wouldn't have wasted time trying to enjoy it, I would have said eeeeehhh no thanks and not purchased it. I only kept trying because I had sunk so much money into it and was desperately hoping to find some redeeming value.

How big is the game? A couple of gigs. No way would I spent all the money on data to download a game for 2 days :/
  • Options
    RARAWRARAW Posts: 863 Member
    If it's desperation it might be a mistake. 48 hours is plenty of time to realize it's empty.

Not really, I think they figured out that they don't have nothing to lose. If people don't like it, then they won't buy it, which is ok for sims 4 because they already don't have those people as buyers in the first place. But if is a 48 hour free, many people are going to want to try it when they didn't wanted to try it before, more people will talk about it and also some might actually like it and buy it. And why not do it now more than ever when the first expansion pack is coming up soon?
    tumblr_n5dt2fzXjY1s7xoeto1_500.gif
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    Too little, too late IMHO.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Yes but will those who do buy consistently invest? I'm not so sure it's the greatest idea because I'm pretty sure they will run into the same issues everyone is having and selling just the base won't cut it. They need to sell lots of dlc and eps.
  • Options
    mw1234 wrote: »
    So what I'm getting from this is I paid $60 to get bored with the game in 2 days but now others can get bored with it for free....
    Things change.
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    The merging hurts my soul :(
  • Options
    The merging hurts my soul :(

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/kill_it_with_fire.gif[/img]
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    KramYraelo wrote: »
    So what I'm getting from this is I paid $60 to get bored with the game in 2 days but now others can get bored with it for free....
    Things change.

fix you quote lol
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    How big is the game? A couple of gigs. No way would I spent all the money on data to download a game for 2 days :/

It all depends on your internet connection though.
  • Options
    cale2003 wrote: »
    KramYraelo wrote: »
    Things change.

fix you quote lol

Nothing to fix, it was meant to be a quote. Move along...
  • Options
    Yes but will those who do buy consistently invest? I'm not so sure it's the greatest idea because I'm pretty sure they will run into the same issues everyone is having and selling just the base won't cut it. They need to sell lots of dlc and eps.

No but they are trying to make a quick buck so they won't be standing in the unemployment line before June.