Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Maxis is nice enough to give the players a free 48-hour trial. ;)
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    They should do this for all of their games, tbh. But they want more people to try it for themselves.
  • ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    Another way to boost sales. Offer a free trial period and hope that they want to pay for the full game.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    That's their 15th anniversary surprise?! How disappointing.....

There may be more surprises on the way. ;)
    I am going to go ahead and notify of some people...
    @king_of_simcity7‌
    @dmel25‌
    @EasyToRead‌
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    That's their 15th anniversary surprise?! How disappointing.....
    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Since this is free, I will try the game and make a review on it. And for those who say that I might skew my review in a negative light for the sake of it: no, when I do game reviews I put bias aside and review the game honestly.
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Because there are not enough purchasers. So they hope 2 days is enough time to hook 'em, but not enough time for the disastrous bugs to reveal themselves.
    Honestly, two days is not sufficient to hook most people. That's also why I think they should extend their refund policy.
    I'm already in this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic
    edited January 2015
    What I do worry about is this:

1. The amount of time I'm in CAS for. That will take up gaming time and I like to spend hours on my sims.
    2. Building. I want to build my own house. And again, I can take hours building a house.

This can limit crucial live gameplay time.

Edit: But then again the limitations imposed by the lack of CASt and a color wheel can possibly shorten my time in CAS and building. Not by much but to some extent.
    LaAbby wrote: »
    This is so unfair. I would have loved to have a free trial BEFORE I decided to unfortunately spend my 60$ on a game, so I could know what I was really getting into.

So they decide to do a free trial to try and get more people interested in the game ... Really unfair, this should have been done before the game was released. I'm really not happy with this.

I find it completely fair. EA decided to allow Maxis to give people a free trial for 48 hours. It isn't really up to Maxis when things are suppose to be due, if there is going to be a free trial, the prices, and all that.
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Because there are not enough purchasers. So they hope 2 days is enough time to hook 'em, but not enough time for the disastrous bugs to reveal themselves.
    It won't take 2 days for some people to figure out this game is just not fun. I've seen Simmers played minutes and already get bored of it.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    It won't take 2 days for some people to figure out this game is just not fun. I've seen Simmers played minutes and already get bored of it.

They didn't take the game too seriously then... ;)
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited January 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    This is so unfair. I would have loved to have a free trial BEFORE I decided to unfortunately spend my 60$ on a game, so I could know what I was really getting into.

So they decide to do a free trial to try and get more people interested in the game ... Really unfair, this should have been done before the game was released. I'm really not happy with this.

I find it completely fair. EA decided to allow Maxis to give people a free trial for 48 hours. It isn't really up to Maxis when things are suppose to be due, if there is going to be a free trial, the prices, and all that.

Free trials are great!! BUT they are doing so at the wrong time. Free trial should have been before the release of the game.

They pulled this out of nowhere because their sales are doing bad. The fact that they are doing this now is really upsetting.
    ofcourse if they did it before no the game could ending even solding much less than what i selling now, they already gambled the number of needed peoples to get some money, now they are trying to get more with this trick if i had that time to test the game before i could be happy now with my 70(140) back at my pocket.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    colton147 wrote: »

Free trials are great!! BUT they are doing so at the wrong time. Free trial should have been before the release of the game.

They pulled this out of nowhere because their sales are doing bad. The fact that they are doing this now is really upsetting.
    ofcourse if they did it before no the game could ending even solding much less than what i selling now, they already gambled the number of needed peoples to get some money, now they are trying to get more with this trick if i had that time to test the game before i could be happy now with my 70(140) back at my pocket.

They wouldn't even have done a free trial if the game wasn't doing so poorly. I don't even feel like a valued customer anymore, they're looking at $$$ instead! Free trial proves it.
  • dmel25dmel25 Posts: 1,514 Member
    Wait so if I download the game tonight but don't play it but for maybe 4 hours and could I still play it on Sunday? Is it you get 48 hours to play it once you download it and if you don't play too bad for you? Or is it you get to play 48 hours total and then you can't play anymore once you have reached 48 playing hours on Origin?
    edited January 2015
    dmel25 wrote: »
    Wait so if I download the game tonight but don't play it but for maybe 4 hours and could I still play it on Sunday? Is it you get 48 hours to play it once you download it and if you don't play too bad for you? Or is it you get to play 48 hours total and then you can't play anymore once you have reached 48 playing hours on Origin?

Game time starts when you get on the game. If you play an hour, then get off for the rest of the day, game time stop until you get on it again.

I hope that makes sense. o:)