Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ambitions 2.0 the first Expansion?

With the december patch there came a few interesting strings of coding hinting towards active careers.

activecareerssims4.png

So may this be the first expansion pack for the Sims 4?

It makes sense, since there was a survey last year with the ambitions/active careers concept in it.

11-jvIQN8y.png

And a deleted tweet also fits perfectly with the EP description:

Capture2.png

So, will this be the first Expansion pack?

And what do you think of it if it will be the first one?

I would be a little bit disappointed, since I think the game has higher priorities instead of active careers.

We will see soon enough.. I hope they will announce the first EP still this month.

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2015
    A Justine Keaton-themed expansion needs to be first...

...Or Pets.

Either will do honestly. ;)
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited January 2015
    What do simmers want?
    Toddlers, CASt, color wheels, etc.!
    What will we give them?
    A remake of an expansion pack that got players bored quickly!

Good job EA, you're really listening to people now.
    tumblr_lmzufq8uAf1ql141xo1_400.gif
  • Options
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    What do simmers want?
    What will we give them?

Actually, I had fun with Ambitions - mainly with the stylists and architect careers. ;)

It's my third favorite expansion for the Sims 3, first being pets, and second being generations.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    What do simmers want?
    What will we give them?

Actually, I had fun with Ambitions - mainly with the stylists and architect careers. ;)

It's my third favorite expansion for the Sims 3, first being pets, and second being generations.

I'd rather have Open For Business to be honest. Ambitions was okay, but personally I don't think we really need it to be first. (Same counts for OFB though). I would support Generations to be the first one. Or Seasons, but we all know.. that will take ages anyway.

• Options
    What do simmers want?
    What will we give them?

Well that's nice :) It was interesting, but it got old for me quickly since they were quite repetitive, except of course the stylists and architect careers.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If that's the list of careers for it, I will be passing. The only one that sounds even remotely interesting to me is the detective one. I disliked the stylist and designer careers from past series.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    What do simmers want?
    What will we give them?

Good job EA, you're really listening to people now.
    tumblr_lmzufq8uAf1ql141xo1_400.gif

Wait what I would prefer we get them in a patch (for free) later than a paid EP sooner.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    it's down to seasons or ambitions now.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    What do simmers want?
    What will we give them?

Well that's nice :) It was interesting, but it got old for me quickly since they were quite repetitive, except of course the stylists and architect careers.

I agree.

But I do like being self-employed when I want my sims to be self-employed. ;)
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    As long as its not a space expansion i'm happy.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    11-jvIQN8y.png
    Maid career? What are they offering in that? Genuinely curious because right now I just imagine cleaning dishes, puddles, and making beds. This is something that could've been in the base game. Office career? How hands on can this possibly be.

These are active careers? What can you possibly do except clean and do work on a computer?

I was wrong. This isn't a remake of Ambitions.

It's "Things we would've put in the base game but got lazy like usual."
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    What do simmers want?
    What will we give them?

I agree.

But I do like being self-employed when I want my sims to be self-employed. ;)
    Yup. Gardening was my favorite self-employment choice to pick for my sims :) Since I usually have huge families, working in the backyard made it easier to maintain an income and take care of the kids whenever instead of constantly calling a babysitter. Who also just stared at the babies as the cried -_-
  • Options
    RoyaiChaosRoyaiChaos Posts: 905 Member
    11-jvIQN8y.png
    Maid career? What are they offering in that? Genuinely curious because right now I just imagine cleaning dishes, puddles, and making beds. This is something that could've been in the base game. Office career? How hands on can this possibly be.

These are active careers? What can you possibly do except clean and do work on a computer?

How is thus "lazy"? Greedy, yes, but lazy? If they were truly lazy it wouldnt be there at all. Not to mention none of this has been confirmed.
  • Options
    Nope. It is all speculation. But this is possible for sure. I hope we will find out soon.. like.. this month.
  • Options
    RoyaiChaos wrote: »
    11-jvIQN8y.png

How is thus "lazy"? Greedy, yes, but lazy? If they were truly lazy it wouldnt be there at all. Not to mention none of this has been confirmed.
    I call EA lazy because they've shown their lazy ways in the past but I won't get into it because it'll drag this OT. If you truly want to know why I call them lazy, PM me.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    11-jvIQN8y.png

I don't see a Daycare career in there, they're really ignoring family players :disappointed:

Honestly sometimes I wonder should I even care about where the Sims 4 is going? I'm not going to be supporting it anymore anyways. But then I think well if they don't learn their lesson Sims 5 will probably end up being Sims -1.

I don't think they have creativity anymore, I don't think there is something stimulating them to strive for better. It honestly reminds of Spain soccer. They have the best clubs, they won the world cup in 2010 and when they played again in 2014 the ambition and the craving was gone from their eyes, because they were winners at everything.

The Sims franchise has no competition, so I think the lackluster game reflects the team. No one is out there to beat them, there isn't really a true incentive to do better, there isn't really any creative ambition behind it.
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    The doctor, scientist and office careers are my favourite. I know they get a bit boring, but still I'd love my sims to be doctors, nurses, scientists, and of course having the 9-5 job working for the weekend. The architect one sounds awesome too, I only imagine it getting boring and repetitive and extremely time consuming. I was really hoping for a seasons expansion first because the desert needs a nice sunny day and the new camping game pack needs some beautiful snow and some calming rain.
  • Options
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    The doctor, scientist and office careers are my favourite. I know they get a bit boring, but still I'd love my sims to be doctors, nurses, scientists, and of course having the 9-5 job working for the weekend. The architect one sounds awesome too, I only imagine it getting boring and repetitive and extremely time consuming. I was really hoping for a seasons expansion first because the desert needs a nice sunny day and the new camping game pack needs some beautiful snow and some calming rain.

As long as all the work spaces are no rabbitholes... I can totally see EA taking the easy way out again and make a hospital rabbithole, office rabbithole etc. So active and intuitive and tactile.
  • Options
    AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    Maid career... woohoo anyone?
  • Options
    LaAbby wrote: »
    11-jvIQN8y.png

I don't see a Daycare career in there, they're really ignoring family players :disappointed:

Honestly sometimes I wonder should I even care about where the Sims 4 is going? I'm not going to be supporting it anymore anyways. But then I think well if they don't learn their lesson Sims 5 will probably end up being Sims -1.

I don't think they have creativity anymore, I don't think there is something stimulating them to strive for better. It honestly reminds of Spain soccer. They have the best clubs, they won the world cup in 2010 and when they played again in 2014 the ambition and the craving was gone from their eyes, because they were winners at everything.

The Sims franchise has no competition, so I think the lackluster game reflects the team. No one is out there to beat them, there isn't really a true incentive to do better, there isn't really any creative ambition behind it.
    I agree completely. But I would like to say this, there's most likely no daycare because of the lack of toddlers. Which is a shame. I don't see toddlers coming any time soon, if at all.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2015
    I liked the Ambitions careers - especially the Ghost Buster and Detective. Well we got the business career in the last patch - so that one is out - but I do like the sound of the doctor, the scientist, and the detective.

In Sims 3 I did not care for the stylist or the fireman career. The stylist i found boring because I could do that in CAS anyway and the fire depart had to many bugs and often did not progress as it was supposed to so I got very frustrated with it. But I really enjoyed the Ghost Buster because I could easily check out all the houses in a hood with out wasting time checking them out on my own. Also it paid good and in upper levels the realistic historic ghosts were often funny and made me laugh.

SimChic, Actually though I don't care myself about CASt - and besides the Guru's said CASt had to go into the game first, so that won't be happening anyway - but they did say a color wheel or swatches was possible, so I hope you get that; but for me it is definitely toddlers and family trees first in what ever ep - and quite frankly I don't see that happening in this kind of ep. I can't play the Sims 4 without them. At least not be able to really enjoy it at all. I am basically just playing Sims 2 right now, and some Sims 3 every now and then. I love ITF especially, in Sims 3. And of course family play - legacy style in Sims 2 - my fav play style.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    dirtyDdirtyD Posts: 65 Member
    I would rather have a Generations type of EP. Honestly I just miss the family tree, so really any patch, GP, or EP that adds a family tree gets my full support.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,553 Member
    what i went is workable washers and dryers and dishwashersin the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    11-jvIQN8y.png

I agree completely. But I would like to say this, there's most likely no daycare because of the lack of toddlers. Which is a shame. I don't see toddlers coming any time soon, if at all.

Oh that's right of course. What a shame, I guess I was looking into it too far ahead.
  • Options
    Bump.