Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something we need.

In this game space is limited. This is why I think that EA should give us a world, a blank world. In this world there will be all types of lots, but no houses, you can fill it up with what you like. Also in the background there is not too much fake house decorations so you aren't limited on what you build on your lots, just a simple and clean blank world.

My game (when I play it) is way to cramped and it bugs me!

Comments

• Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    What would you put in your world? There really isn't much to build that we don't already have except a public pool.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    What would you put in your world? There really isn't much to build that we don't already have except a public pool.

More houses! Currently I have all my community lots all in one lot, I would prefer to have them on separate lots though :D
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited January 2015
    Hospital
    Police HQ
    Jail
    Pool place
    Two different park sizes
    Daycare
    Etc. Etc.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I'm not any good with building to even use this space.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    They can't give you a blank world.....how would you put in those wonderful loading screens yourself :p Apparently any more then 5 lots and your computer will explode.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited January 2015
    We need Justine Keaton though...
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Considering in TS3 I am playing in a town with nearly 500 Sims, I think just 25 lots per two towns is too small. Maybe I am just greedy though?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not any good with building to even use this space.

The gallery is there! I suck at building, I just use the gallery, even though it is flawed.
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    They can't give you a blank world.....how would you put in those wonderful loading screens yourself :p Apparently any more then 5 lots and your computer will explode.

Apparently :eye roll: Gosh, the world set up in this poo game is really bad, it makes me mad. Especially the plum backgrounds! They look so fake. I have to make myself play just to play, which sucks!

I am actually installing Sims 2 at this very moment!
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited January 2015

Oh, that's a good point.. about the loading screens I mean. I guess that really does let go of the idea that there would ever be even an in game world editor then, yes?
    From what I've seen, @natashified is right, it all looks very cramped and riddled with fake backdrops, but the point above does raise questions.

Edit - also, have fun with sims 2 ! I am playing that right now myself.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Considering in TS3 I am playing in a town with nearly 500 Sims, I think just 25 lots per two towns is too small. Maybe I am just greedy though?

I completely agree, this is why a blank world would benefit, I can play as many sims in a large town as I can!
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »

Oh, that's a good point.. about the loading screens I mean. I guess that really does let go of the idea that there would ever be even an in game world editor then, yes?
    From what I've seen, @natashified is right, it all looks very cramped and riddled with fake backdrops, but the point above does raise questions.

I agree, I am having to just delete all houses and community lots just to make room! I have all community lots on one lot to save space. Don't get me started on the 2D backdrops, they really irk me, they look really fake and bad. It ruins the illusion!
  • Options
    Crunchie885Crunchie885 Posts: 529 Member
    We need more loading screens and backdrops desperately!
  • Options

Apparently :eye roll: Gosh, the world set up in this poo game is really bad, it makes me mad. Especially the plum backgrounds! They look so fake. I have to make myself play just to play, which sucks!

Gosh don't torture yourself forcing yourself to play! The worlds are terrible, and the backgrounds look horrible, they don't even blend, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Ooooooh Sims 2 <3 Enjoy that, I know I am. I never used mods before, but wow can they add some great things to the game!! It's like a whole new game! I'm having a blast!
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    *slinks up from shadows*

We need monkeys.

*slides back into shadows.*

(in all seriousness , a blank world would be cool. And with the way the worlds work , it could be just a big housing development and the other two towns could be used for going to parks ,and museums and bars.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    What we really need is open world....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Edit - also, have fun with sims 2 ! I am playing that right now myself.

Yes, I don't see anyway for that to work at all. It's to bad to, a lot of people made some wonderful worlds for past games.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    How does the neighbourhood map system work? Is it like Sims 2, where you can add / delete or create and edit lots ? All the white space and 2d looking areas confuse me slightly. I don't watch LP's that have dealt with that, and I still refuse to buy the game in the current state that its in.
    I'm curious to know because of the very points Jules raised about loading screens, and regards to the possibility of world editors.
    I would hate to never be really free to edit my sims town. It seems like such a waste of creativity not allowing us to make use of the worlds they live in.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options

giphy.gif
  • Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member
    edited January 2015
    Open world would really be nice. What we really need is a competent team to make a proper Sims game.

Ooooooh Sims 2 <3 Enjoy that, I know I am. I never used mods before, but wow can they add some great things to the game!! It's like a whole new game! I'm having a blast!

This right here. I've been playing Sims 2 lately and loving every minute of it. If they could somehow do an upgrade with the graphics I would be even happier. That can be my Sims 4 right there lol...

"Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif
  • Options
    How does the neighbourhood map system work? Is it like Sims 2, where you can add / delete or create and edit lots ? All the white space and 2d looking areas confuse me slightly. I don't watch LP's that have dealt with that, and I still refuse to buy the game in the current state that its in.
    I'm curious to know because of the very points Jules raised about loading screens, and regards to the possibility of world editors.
    I would hate to never be really free to edit my sims town. It seems like such a waste of creativity not allowing us to make use of the worlds they live in.

I don't see a world editor being implemented just for the reason of the fake house decorations, literally they are everywhere, and I don't see being able to add lots because they would interfere with them, shame really! But you can edit what is on the lots only, you can't add or rotate them, it is really restricted. This is what I liked about TS2, you could make anything and it was easy!
  • Options

Gosh don't torture yourself forcing yourself to play! The worlds are terrible, and the backgrounds look horrible, they don't even blend, they stick out like a sore thumb.

I was playing TS2 right before Sims 4's release, and discovered megahoods, There were these cleaned sub-hood versions of the main towns I downloaded, and I was able to use them like Bluewater village, and I connected them to one main town, so I had a larger hood. But I tried not to add too many towns to prevent issues, but it worked like a charm!
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    We also need longer loading screens....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member

sims 2 is much better then any other sims game, its just fact.

• Options
    blaznfalcnblaznfalcn Posts: 731 Member

sims 2 is much better then any other sims game, its just fact.

Kind of funny that the previous installments trump the new one.
    "Laziness is a state of mind, not necessarily a lack of action"
    ZY6USJj.gif