Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will You Continue To Support The TS4 If...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All new worlds added to the game in the future are only destinations where you can visit with your Sims but they can't live there?

I am curious how those who feel the game's living spaces will be expanded one of these days by a new world or worlds would feel or their reaction if they found out all worlds in the future are only destinations?

Of course we don't know this but if it were true and did happen how would you feel about this game then, knowing you again, as in the TS3, you had to wait on a modder to create a huge mod so your Sims could live, work, school in the new worlds?

If any new worlds added, were only tourist destinations, I'd be very disappointed. Honestly I feel the existing worlds should be expanded with at least 2-3 new neighborhoods. And they should most definitely add more living worlds. Right now, we've got a desert world, and a new orleans style world. I'd like to see more worlds added with different themes. Sims 2 had some really nice themed worlds, and I admit, sims 3 had some really fantastical themed worlds. Dragon Valley, Hidden Springs, those 2 were my favorites. I would of liked bridgeport if the apartments were done sims 2 style I think. I'd love to see stuff like that for Sims 4.

But if they went the route your question asked, well then, I'd probably just give up on sims 4. Because I always play only 1 family, and I like moving kids out and into their own homes/empty land. And Sims 4, just doesn't have enough empty lands for that.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Living in new worlds is not something I care that much about. I want them to add other things like toddlers, family tree, etc.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    No.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Seems evident to me that the game is geared for adding new residential lots as well as 'worlds' to visit. There also seems to be quite a lot of room for more circles at the top of the world map.

I would be very surprised indeed if new residential areas weren't added in the future as well as new themed worlds.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I am on the fence. I like the idea that we can leave the worlds and go to destinations, as I had all the worlds in TS3 but never used any but Sunset Valley and I find here I am only using Willow Creek. I just wish they would fill in the world with more things. Like in TS2 when we got ocean property, we were able to adjust the houses to be on the water. I would like to have an adjuster like that where we could add on to the world like in sims 3 where we could add lots. I would think that if they made a seasons pack it would have weather across the board. Not as stated that a world would have weather. I liked that you had a downtown in sims 2 that you would go to, but I think that you could live there. Someone will mod this destination, and you will be able to live there one of these days. I found that keeping track of my sims in sims3 was a very difficult situation, as I play several families at one time. I just am glad that when they go between the worlds they do not lose connection., I used to find that so annoying. Now on the other side. I like to have more places to explore, but not necessarily to stay. If the places are going to remain a reasonable price like this one and we get content, which is what I live for, stuff! then I would be OK with this. I have not played a family all the way through yet, so I do not know if my opinion will change or not so that is why I am on the fence. There was so much to do in sims 3 that I never was able to do it all, now I have less to be concerned with and can do things in the game, really explore the worlds and not waste my time and money on things I never had time to finish.
  • Options
    FuzzygiraffeFuzzygiraffe Posts: 172 Member
    I'd be fine if GP worlds were destinations while EP worlds were liveable or vise versa. It is nice just to have a few places to visit but we definitely need more live in worlds too!
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Excuse me please, for a minute.
    iHEXMnJ.gif
    OK, if EAxis did make all destination worlds without more living space then it's proving my point that EAxis don't care about the series nor it's fans. LOL, I am buying anything anyway but would love to sit back and read how that proposal will work for EAxis.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    LaAbby wrote: »
    I would continue to support the S4 if they add toddlers.

Aside from that I would want other worlds to live in, two claustrophobic worlds isn't enough.

I dunno if I am going to support TS4 any more, but this was also my original stance as well. Add toddlers and I'll bite. Otherwise, I'll follow the game through TS4 storytellers.
  • Options
    KrazyAngelKat81KrazyAngelKat81 Posts: 492 Member
    I really would love a city world that we can choose to live in. I miss that.
    Other than that I don't really mind as its nice to take current families to a different location now and again.
    KrazyAngelKat81's Links:
    My Simblr (Tumblr): Love and Scenery Sims 4
    My Official Sims 4 Downloads:
    LandSS4%20Banner.jpg
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I don't think I would to be honest. I'm enjoying the game but if I have to spend the next 5+ years of this game's lifecycle (assuming it is going to follow the others) living in the same world then sooner or later I'm going to get fed up with it. The aesthetic is nice for right now, but at some point I am going to want a change.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    If we saw other changes which encouraged me back into ts4 but this was the case then probably no. They really need to woo me to get me back into investing in ts4 any further.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    like destination worlds because it adds things for my Sims to do without having the hassle of trying to modify existing worlds or starting a new save. Too often in Sims 3 I would abandon a save because a new EP or world came out and I wanted to explore it, and the only way to do so was to start a brand new save from scratch. With Sims 4, I can keep playing my same families, just add in the new activities.

You wouldn't have this hassle with this new world system. Any residential worlds added would be parallel to the current ones. You can travel to WC from OS if you want to go to the nightclub venue, and vice versa for the lounge.

If they added a new world, say Sim City, you could travel to the venues and new objects there in the same way, and your residents there could visit the suburb venues too.

You can do this with regular worlds, so destination worlds aren't necessary to add in new activites without editing (except for actual vacations)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited January 2015
    "Well I can only live in one house, My game play is that on one moves out, everyone lives together. so I like the house they are in. I don't see them doing that. We have not gotten a EP yet, so I am not going to worry about something that has not happen. I am content to stay in the house they are in, I can move to Oasis Springs or and move into any house I want. I can only use one house at a time. I do like the towns so far. And if I can go to GPs to have more fun, then so much the better.
    You can live in the campgrounds, you can stay 1 day or indefinitely as long as you have the rent money. My sims don't work or go to school, so it would not matter how long they stay there. they live off the land and there are ways I guess you can do that, lots of things to collect and all. fishing etc. You can paint and write there also. Wow what a neat place for a writer or painter. love it even more.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2015
    Evalen wrote: »
    "Well I can only live in one house, My game play is that on one moves out, everyone lives together. so I like the house they are in. I don't see them doing that. We have not gotten a EP yet, so I am not going to worry about something that has not happen. I am content to stay in the house they are in, I can move to Oasis Springs or and move into any house I want. I can only use one house at a time. I do like the towns so far. And if I can go to GPs to have more fun, then so much the better.
    You can live in the campgrounds, you can stay 1 day or indefinitely as long as you have the rent money. My sims don't work or go to school, so it would not matter how long they stay there. they live off the land and there are ways I guess you can do that, lots of things to collect and all. fishing etc. You can paint and write there also. Wow what a neat place for a writer or painter. love it even more.

This is exactly what I intend to do with the new DLC
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    The GP is a destination with 3 neighborhoods in the Sims 4 world. This destination is a holiday place just like World Adventures was and you couldn't let your sims live there either. There is no reason to believe that the next destination with neighborhoods for our world will not contain places we can live in. The adding of neighborhoods instead of worlds means that we will be able to live in them except the ones that are not meant to be lived in such as holiday, university, ect. Therefore, if I'm correct then they already have this one fixed so that you can live anywhere. I don't think any of the previous sim games allowed you to live in the holiday and university places; just Island Paradise. It would've been nice to live in the campground or in WA, but I guess they want places you can just visit. The next GP or EP should hopefully contain a livable neighborhoods and hopefully they will have a grocery store. :D
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All new worlds added to the game in the future are only destinations where you can visit with your Sims but they can't live there?

I am curious how those who feel the game's living spaces will be expanded one of these days by a new world or worlds would feel or their reaction if they found out all worlds in the future are only destinations?

Of course we don't know this but if it were true and did happen how would you feel about this game then, knowing you again, as in the TS3, you had to wait on a modder to create a huge mod so your Sims could live, work, school in the new worlds?

I understand it's a hypothetical question. However, I doubt this will happen. I 100% expect that they will give us more residential hoods, or make it so sims can live in the additional worlds.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I loved WA in TS3. I hoped they would add other destinations to it. I also liked that vacations had a time limit just like in real life. With that in mind, I like the idea of destination worlds in TS4.

Would I want ALL the new worlds to be destination worlds? No, of course not but I can't imagine they would do that. Then again I couldn't imagine that they'd close the world and populate the world with trudgers rather than citizens in TS4. So what do I know?
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I'm still waiting for the toddlers and family-play and AI tweaking, but I'm hoping the EPs bring about new worlds...If not, I'm sticking to Sims 1, 2, and 3. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)