Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best 1st Pack Release EVER!

Comments

• Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @smoothyrus129 Alright, give me a few. Gotta load everything up and I'll take a few pictures. Pretty sure there are more shoes...might be wrong. We'll see in a minute, lol.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    If this is just a Game Pack imagine what the expansion pack will be like?! :D
    I am in love! Thank you EA So Much! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @smoothyrus129 K here they are. Hope they are clear enough?

16m6mmu.jpg

s4vsd3.jpg

2e1r3tf.jpg
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I was surprised at the extent of items and new game play in it. Completely sold on game packs now :D
  • Options
    bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    I'm loving all the feedback! You all are an amazing group of people. Making me love it here.

@paperskinny‌: Thank you! I use my selfie sim ALL the time b/c I write a factual journal pretty much everyday over at my simblr. Along with a few TS4 downloads. Anyway- the only cc I use on self is: my peircings, my tat, 3d lashes & real hair brows. I won't use a skin. I think it takes away from the feel.
    @Cinderellimouse: This just cracked me up! You really made my day. Are you in the simblr world? I love your personality.
    @davina1221‌: YES! Snow on the campgrounds? I'm ALL FOR IT! ♥
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

• Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    @BlindxSecrets‌, thanks so much for the pictures! I may never be able to leave CAS again once I get my mitts on this GP! :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I swear, this pack just lowered my blood pressure by several points! Taking my Sims out of their usual environment to sit outdoors by a fire and tell stories, and look at clouds, and wander about, and sleep in a tent -- actual stress relief for me, not just for them! Really happy I bought this :)

(Also, a big yes! to all the CAS and build/buy content! So much new stuff!)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    edited January 2015
    I bet the Sims 4 haters just LOVE how well people have perceived this game pack.

I don't plan on reinstalling until the game has been and all of its EPs and GPs have been out and bug-fixed for years and toddlers are brought back, both of these things will need to occur or else, I'll just wait for TS5. If toddlers are not brought back and the game remains as buggy as the last patch then I hope it fails. So I guess this puts me in the category of 'hater', yes? Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing the beautiful screencaps from this GP and I sincerely think that everyone who invests will have a blast--and consider that to be a good thing.

So I hope you are happy knowing that you are right... or were you just being a bit of a jerk and your comment was not meant to be taken at face value? :smirk:

So you'll wait for Sims5.. or wait for Sims5? Am I missing something here?
    Last I checked Sims3 was still getting content (or at least patches) just a few months before Sims4 launched.
    Which would mean that the 'for years' part of your ultimatum wouldn't be able to apply until well into Sims5s run, maybe even Sims6.

And no I wouldn't call you a 'hater' -at least not for that comment- but bugs are a part of the franchise.
    They were never able to remove all the bugs from Sims3, in fact as I understand it that game just got more & more buggy with time, and yet was a great game start to finish. So go ahead & consider Sims4 unplayable if you want, but if a few bugs was all it took for you to label a game unplayable, I have to wonder how you were ever able to enjoy Sims3.
  • Options
    Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    I bet the Sims 4 haters just LOVE how well people have perceived this game pack.

You know there really aren't any....as you call them....haters. Your comment comes across as a little mean spirited.

There are a lot of disappointed people who wanted more or other things in the game. The people you are apparently talking about are the same ones who want to derail a lot of threads or have nothing at all positive to say about the game.

I'm very disappointed in TS4. I'm one of the players who wanted it to be different than it turned out. Before the release I was excited about the game only to be let down by the game play.

That being said I was impressed with how well the GP appears to be done. I haven't bought it because I don't know that it would enhance the game play. I haven't uninstalled TS4 but I don't have a lot of play time racked up. The people who are happy with the game also seem to be happy with the GP.

I do know I like the looks of it more than the horrible pink trees. If it had been added as an additional neighborhood to live in instead of just a vacation I might have bought it.

Most Disappoint Simmers aren't 'Haters' & Most Simmers who are happy with the game know this.
    But Haters are very, very real.

Haters aren't the Simmers who voice their disappointment about something & have discussions about it.
    Haters are the ones openly & aggressively attacking the Game, the Gurus, EA, and any Simmer - disappointed or not - that get's in their way.

I don't know where you live, but where I live there are several reel trees that turn bright pink for part of the year.
    Also as I understand it, there is a way for you to extend your Sims stay in GP world indefinitely, they just run the risk of running our of vacation days at work
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Kuypers125 wrote: »

I don't plan on reinstalling until the game has been and all of its EPs and GPs have been out and bug-fixed for years and toddlers are brought back, both of these things will need to occur or else, I'll just wait for TS5. If toddlers are not brought back and the game remains as buggy as the last patch then I hope it fails. So I guess this puts me in the category of 'hater', yes? Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing the beautiful screencaps from this GP and I sincerely think that everyone who invests will have a blast--and consider that to be a good thing.

So I hope you are happy knowing that you are right... or were you just being a bit of a jerk and your comment was not meant to be taken at face value? :smirk:

So you'll wait for Sims5.. or wait for Sims5? Am I missing something here?
    Last I checked Sims3 was still getting content (or at least patches) just a few months before Sims4 launched.
    Which would mean that the 'for years' part of your ultimatum wouldn't be able to apply until well into Sims5s run, maybe even Sims6.

You are spot on actually, not missing a thing :relaxed: I will skip TS4 and its EPs and wait for TS5 or TS6, or TS-Never if need be. The Sims is the only video game I play, so I don't really have a choice but to wait until I like it.
    And no I wouldn't call you a 'hater' -at least not for that comment- but bugs are a part of the franchise.
    They were never able to remove all the bugs from Sims3, in fact as I understand it that game just got more & more buggy with time, and yet was a great game start to finish. So go ahead & consider Sims4 unplayable if you want, but if a few bugs was all it took for you to label a game unplayable, I have to wonder how you were ever able to enjoy Sims3.

LOL! I would too as I was never able to enjoy TS3. *points to signature* I am only willing to acknowledge that the game was innovative in regards to its worlds and its content. I loathe TS3 and its sims; TS4 sims are beautiful.

I have never been an early adopter of this franchise... I usually buy my games right when their life span is ending and a new game is coming out. I thought TS3 was the last iteration of the game, and was satisfied to play TS2, but then when I saw TS4 and it's gorgeous sims, I felt like 'omg... this is what I have been waiting for' and so I tried to be an early adopter. However, the TS4 base game in regards to boring sims--this is just my opinion--is as disappointing as TS3 was for me as an overall game. I didn't have bugs for the initial game or patches, and it was a combination of bugs, the 'dirty' sims feature addition, and general disappointment that prompted the uninstall.

I want TS4 to add toddlers, I want the bugs to be fixed, but I know I need to wait for this. If it never happens, then I'm not too keen on this game succeeding because as you point out... if it does then perhaps this direction of the franchise will continue for TS5, 6, etc. That said, I'm not going to begrudge the fans of this game if it does well. I'll just keep playing TS2 and hoping that there are enough fans who feel like I do about the game to create enough of a financial impact to motivate EA to make it as enjoyable for us as it is for you guys.

Before I uninstalled, I was planning on buying this GP after a Generations EP was released (was still patiently waiting then), so it's wonderful to know that fans who purchased it are really happy with it and that EA did a great job. This is the EA that I am used to (as my main impression of EA quality is the sublime piece of work that TS2 is). So maybe--if I come to like the game overall, stipulations included--I'll buy this GP and many more like it in years from now, or maybe I'll just continue to enjoy it vicariously through you guys. So please post more pics and more game play posts!
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member

Actually no I'm thrilled about it. You all need to relax with the "hater vs lover" thing on the forums, goes for everyone it's old. Some of us won't move on to a game that doesn't come correct and Sims 4 did not. However, I'm overly thrilled for Game Packs and this first one is awesome. It actually just infuriates me that I even have to be annoyed or refuse to move on to Sims 4 because they couldn't deliever on launch what they have for the last 2 series releases. Sorry!

When EA has Sims 4 up to par (primarily toddlers and an actual travel system; they've corrected the rest), I will happily purchase Sims 4 and whatever has been released since then. Had they come correct in September I wouldn't even be making such a post. It's on them, not us who are not satisfied with Sims 4 and see no reason to leave 2 complete cohesive games of the Sims for the new generation that fails to launch where it's predecessor did 10 years ago.

But I'm so glad everyone is loving the new game pack. I can't wait to play it myself! I hope it is successful because I think Game Packs are the better alternative to the "store" concept. I still think EP's and SP's will be released, but probably less Stuff Packs than Sims

I'm desperately awaiting the EP1 announcement. They are being very quiet about EP1. LOL I basically want to know when toddlers and proper travel is coming to the Sims 4. And something needs to be done with the world maps. Just disgusting. lol
  • Options
    RagingFurballRagingFurball Posts: 111 Member
    edited January 2015
    *dusts soot off my shoulders* Woo. Lemme tell ya, I just had a 'pleasant conversation' with some of the haters over the difference between addition and subtraction. They get mad right quick when you do that. Nanashi doesn't strike me as one of them. Although I would encourage you ( @nanashi-sims ) to try re-installing it in a few days. Generally, expansion packs/game packs/DLC packs contain unstated bug fixes and patches in them. Actually, give it a week, as there might be a few new bugs that snuck on board the patch ship. Patience is a virtue, but tenacity is just as valuable when it comes to PC games. Don't hold your breath, but don't close your mind either.

But onto the topic of the thread! I blew over two hours in the CAS editor alone! Man, it's hard work coordinating new outfits with hairstyles, footwear (Oh Lordy dem new boots!), hats, etc. A task that was made even more difficult by the fact that the items from the GP blend very nicely with the base game items. Plus, the new build mode items ate up another hour of my time. I've spent way more money for way less countless times throughout my life *coughHellfireExpansioncough*....

I haven't had much time to play around with the actual camping part yet. I blew all my money stuffing fruit in the exhaust pipe of a rocket ship a few dozen times and wanted to save up a little before embarking on the next grand adventure.

@ajoya : Would you mind pm'ing me a few links to some of the simblr's? It's become regrettably evident that my enjoyment of TS4 has worn out my welcome in the General Discussion forum. I reckon it's time to move and adapt to a different community :expressionless:
    My Origin ID is Raging_Furball
    Simblr: http://raging-furball.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2015
    Have any of you not packed up your gear before the end of your trip? Does it automatically just go back into your inventory or do you lose it?

UPDATED: It goes into the family inventory. :)
  • Options
    moniquehmoniqueh Posts: 129 Member
    I actually love this pack. The only downside I had was that I really wanted the ability to mow lawns or something but I suppose outdoor stuff like that could be saved for an Outdoor pack, like from Sims 2. But I've played bits of the game so far and loved it! I would have liked a few extra bits of clothing or hair styles but I am happy with what I got. Best second game release of the sims ever in my opinion!
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    It really is the best pack release ever! I was blown away by the sheer amount of content we got! I cannot wait for expansions if we get so much in just a game pack. So glad to see the back of duff stuff packs.

TS4 future is looking great if this is just the start :)! Long live the Sims 4!
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    edited January 2015
    I became terribly bored with the base game very quickly. This game pack has greatly returned my interest in playing TS4 again.

However, I do hope another game pack and or EP will come out sooner than later to keep my interest in the game. You can only camp and collect for so long before it becomes too repetitive.

This Game Pack has proven to be very enjoyable for me so far. I've never been one to collect items, but some of the benefits, such as brewing remedies makes it worthwhile and I really love the look of Granite Falls!

The Secret/Hidden lot (Hermit Man/Lady) is barely a step up from the previous hidden lots. Still rather a lackluster IMO. Pretty, and nice that they added a person/cottage there, but is still very much a lackluster for me, for it being a "Hidden Lot".

Hope to see more game packs like this in the future. Fun new content, nice interactive items (tents, coolers, etc.) and a very nice *cough* world. Still small, but done nicely.

On that note; totally lost track of RL-time... while camping. Must... sleep. LOL!
    Post edited by Devynsims00 on
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    I paid $16.00 for it ... I was really worried about it, but I thought ... 16 dollars isn't that bad, so why not?

I was pleasantly surprised, since I thought it wasn't going to be that good. Is it anywhere near an EP? Not really, but there was a lot of stuff to do, surprisingly. I liked that it came with like 70 new items and a ton of new CAS items as well, and there were a lot more than I expected, as well as a lot more "things" than a stuff pack, not only in terms of objects, but in terms of gameplay. They did a great job on adding a new element to the gameplay. I had a lot of concerns about what I had seen previously, but after I got it, I really enjoyed the experience. It felt like my game had a very tangible upgrade.

$16.00 for a game pack, I'm fine with that. I even think that is a bit too generous ... I would prefer $10.00 or $12.00. However, at the end of the day, $16.00 is fair enough for me, as long as we don't get an EP that is $50.00 and overpriced, with a third of the items missing because that missing third was released as a gamepack.

I'm curious as to how 2015 will unfold for TS4.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I was thinking how nice this GP is, I would like to make it a retreat for my writer sim. only go there to write and do other thins, I'll make him a small cabin. Send him off to write, and hike, with the peacefulness of the place.
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    I was thinking how nice this GP is, I would like to make it a retreat for my writer sim. only go there to write and do other thins, I'll make him a small cabin. Send him off to write, and hike, with the peacefulness of the place.

That's such a sweet idea! I sent my Sim there yesterday after she was upset after she got divorced for some peaceful time away from everything :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    HattyLou wrote: »

That's such a sweet idea! I sent my Sim there yesterday after she was upset after she got divorced for some peaceful time away from everything :)

Hey! Maybe she will find a new love there. fall in love, come back for honeymoon. How nice that would be. That is where I will be sending my sims for their Honeymoons, unless another GP comes along that is better for it. Loving this game.

• Options
    HattyLou wrote: »

Hey! Maybe she will find a new love there. fall in love, come back for honeymoon. How nice that would be. That is where I will be sending my sims for their Honeymoons, unless another GP comes along that is better for it. Loving this game.

Ah I really hope so, that would be lovely! She was talking to Dax the ranger there quite a lot actually so may make something happen there...! Excellent idea about the honeymoons, I hadn't even thought of that, will definitely be doing that in my game as well. I love it too :smile:
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I will agree that it is the best first game pack released ever.
  • Options
    bsimthbsimth Posts: 82 Member
    Conclue wrote: »

But I'm so glad everyone is loving the new game pack. I can't wait to play it myself! I hope it is successful because I think Game Packs are the better alternative to the "store" concept. I still think EP's and SP's will be released, but probably less Stuff Packs than Sims

I'm desperately awaiting the EP1 announcement. They are being very quiet about EP1. LOL I basically want to know when toddlers and proper travel is coming to the Sims 4. And something needs to be done with the world maps. Just disgusting. lol

I have to agree with you on this COMPLETELY. Better alternative to the store by far. I'm awaiting the 1st EP as well. I'm so use to physically buying a disk with the announcement of the up coming pack in there. I miss that and now, it just makes me anxious for a clue.

@RagingFurball‌: Q's: ABSOLUTELY! You will get enjoyment indeed. I'll rally them up and send them to shortly.

@anyhoo211: As with any game. But I doubt it. I'm enjoying TS4. As well as I've been enjoying this franchise since TS1. I won't let anyone steal that joy either. Don't knock it until you've thoroughly tried it.

@Devynsims00‌: Yes, very enjoyable! I'm just like you. I was never a collector either. But knowing about the remedies, I'm all over the forest looking for insects! :) I like how it's realistic in its nature. I can't tell you how many times I actually got lost in that darn forest.

@HattyLou‌: That's a great idea. I go there to paint. There is a new interaction with the easel too. ;) I also like the new reward, "Grill Master."
    tumblr_or1ub9LXUf1rk8hu7o1_r1_1280.png

• Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    I'm finally going to buy it today (yay!) but I have a question - is aging still on when you travel or does time stop like it did in WA?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    The Outdoor Retreat doesn't have much in it that the sims can interact. It's mostly a find and collect, and social interaction pack. There are lots of new buy mode stuff, and some new build mode stuff. There are also some new clothes and accessory stuff from kids on up to adults. But there's not a lot of lots to build, and only three areas that the sims can visit. All-in-all, it's still fun to play and worth the $20. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top