Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best 1st Pack Release EVER!

13...Next

Comments

• starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    I made a family of five - all outdoor enthusiasts. Went to the large cabin for 7 days and extending the vacation again and again and again. No one wants to go home, either (including me). Before I moved them in, I went into build mode and put a few extra luxuries inside the cabin. I've got parents, a teen girl and two children (twin boys). :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2015
    I made a family of five - all outdoor enthusiasts. Went to the large cabin for 7 days and extending the vacation again and again and again. No one wants to go home, either (including me). Before I moved them in, I went into build mode and put a few extra luxuries inside the cabin. I've got parents, a teen girl and two children (twin boys). :)
    Last night, I had sent a husband and wife couple back to GF for a second vacation trip there. It was their moodlet that they both had upon arrival that surprised me of all things. They had gotten the home sick moodlet upon arrival, which lasted about 4 hours in the game. :\

• ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Last night, I had sent a husband and wife couple back to GF for a second vacation trip there. It was their moodlet that they both had upon arrival that surprised me of all things. They had gotten the home sick moodlet upon arrival, which lasted about 4 hours in the game. :\
    That happened to my twin girls. I was shocked to see that they were sad when we arrived for a second (in a week) camping trip. I looked to see what was up and they were both homesick. They held on to their home sickness almost the whole time. I found it funny and kind of cute. My parents seemed super happy and just kept inviting them to play horseshoes and hang out by the fire.
  • MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Having watched the live broadcast I'm also very impressed with the new hair and clothing additions! I can't wait to download it :grin:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I think they're finally making packs that warrant the price tag, and this will definitely help The Sims 4 in the long haul.

However, they will need to do the same with expansions. Not only will expansions have to have a lot of content to warrant the price there as well, but the content itself should be replayable, fun, sandbox, etc.
    ts3seml wrote: »
    That happened to my twin girls. I was shocked to see that they were sad when we arrived for a second (in a week) camping trip. I looked to see what was up and they were both homesick. They held on to their home sickness almost the whole time. I found it funny and kind of cute. My parents seemed super happy and just kept inviting them to play horseshoes and hang out by the fire.
    I think that there's a cure for that in the Herbalist skill. I knew about the cure before my two sims went back to GF for their second vacation there, but I'd forgotten about it. It might have saved my sims from the homesick moodlet. If I had remembered it, and had them take the stuff. :)

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I think they're finally making packs that warrant the price tag, and this will definitely help The Sims 4 in the long haul.

That really depends on where you live, whether it warrants the price tag. Your fellow simmers in New Zealand were initially charged $49.99, the same price as a Sims 3 expansion pack in the Origin store.

After protests that was dropped to $39.99 which still is way too high, it's fifty percent more that what you are paying in America. We would be happy to get the price down to $29.99 (ie the Sims 3 Stuff pack price in the Origin store)

So a really really bad start from our perspective and one that bodes ill for future releases in my country.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.

That really depends on where you live, whether it warrants the price tag. Your fellow simmers in New Zealand were initially charged $49.99, the same price as a Sims 3 expansion pack
    In a recent statement on that, EA plans to refund the difference to those in Australia, and New Zealand that had payed to much for Outdoor Retreat. :)

• Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

That really depends on where you live, whether it warrants the price tag. Your fellow simmers in New Zealand were initially charged $49.99, the same price as a Sims 3 expansion pack
    In a recent statement on that, EA plans to refund the difference to those in Australia, and New Zealand that had payed to much for Outdoor Retreat. :)

Yes I am aware of that PR exercise by EA. As I stated in my message even after they made that adjustment we are still paying 50% more that the American for the same digital download. We would be happy if the price reduced further to the equivalent of what we were paying for Stuff packs on Origin.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    Hi fellow simmers ! I'm buying a stuff pack but I don't know which one to buy can anyone help ? I care a lot about CAS items but also function and if it's worth it .
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hi fellow simmers ! I'm buying a stuff pack but I don't know which one to buy can anyone help ? I care a lot about CAS items but also function and if it's worth it .

Laundry Day was very popular. It has some fun game play and my favorite thing in the sims, death by lint fire!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I use the CAS from Perfect Patio and Backyard stuff the most -- PP has nice men's CAS which is hard to find (I love the polo that's tucked into the pants because that's how my husband dresses a lot), and the Backyard Stuff CAS is nice and colorful. If you're a family player I might lean towards Backyard because the waterslide is a lot of fun, and it builds Fitness for Teen+ and Motor for children which is quite handy.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I'm going to close this thread off as its been inactive since 2015 and the latest posts are unrelated to the topic. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top