Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain editing?!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Glad to help. Wouldn't want to raise any hopes.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Look at the tree, top left. It moves to the right after the transition.

Then look at the rocks, bottom right. They move to the left after the transition.

It's just the camera being rotated very slightly clockwise, and the items on the lot being changed from basic/masculine to more girly ones.
    What does it even matter? :\

The point of the thread was querying if that part of the video meant that terrain editing was returning with this pack. The answer is that there is no evidence for that in the teaser.
    Well you are right about that, there is no evidence that supports terrain tool in Outdoor Retreat. What was shown in the teaser might have been a cheat that dev was using to raise the terrain. :)

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015
    Please reread the thread.

There is no raised or lowered ground. It was an optical illusion while 2 pictures were superimposed on eachother during a circular fade transition effect.
  • Options

There is no raised or lowered ground. It was an optical illusion while 2 pictures were superimposed on eachother during a circular fade transition effect.
    Looking at the grid markers, I see what you mean. But that still doesn't support anything either way. It just means that two images are overlapping each other is all. :)

• Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member

Looking at the grid markers, I see what you mean. But that still doesn't support anything either way. It just means that two images are overlapping each other is all. :)
    Except that it supports the fact that there is no raised or lowered ground in the video o.O
    I highly doubt that this is something they would include in a game pack only anyways.

Just like pools and ghosts this is most likely something they would give us through a game patch.
  • Options
    If they were going to bring back terrain tool, I would think that they would bring it back in an expansion pack. But the teaser still doesn't prove they did, or didn't raise the ground. Look at the dotted grid line that's right next to the camping chair on the right. Notice how it looks like that it's angled slightly to the right. The grid lines do suggest that the dev that was creating that lot had the tent up on the hill just prior to this screen-shot. But the this screen-shot doesn't prove that, and it also does not prove that dev never did have that tent up on a little hill during the creation of this lot that's in the screen-shot. What you guys are seeing doesn't prove anyone's side at all. And that's what I'm trying to tell you guys. :)
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited January 2015
    *sigh*

Disappointed again. :(
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    If they were going to bring back terrain tool, I would think that they would bring it back in an expansion pack.
    Maybe. But this is a game pack, not an expansion pack :)

There is enough evidence for me to see that they did not raise or lower the terrain in the teaser.

I have nothing more to say regarding this.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

They won't add terrain tools because that will mess up the Gallery. This has been explained before.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    They won't add terrain tools because that will mess up the Gallery. This has been explained before.
    Now that doesn't make any sense at all because the Gallery is nothing more than a place to share creations that were created in the game. :\

• Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    It's too bad it seems like this isn't the case. I would love to see this function returned.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Sorry guys.

Watching it as a video, I don't think it's terrain editing. It's just a transition between 2 images with a slightly different camera angle.

That is exactly what I saw. The moment that they superimposed two images from two angles just gave that illusion. The ground after is as flat as it was previously. Just a lot of wishful thinking. I feel terrain sculpting is important and one of those things I was sad to hear was no longer, so I think it is natural to maybe see hope where there is none.

• Options
    MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
    Yeah it is just a different camera angle...