Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain editing?!

sims4terrain_zpsf9029d35.jpg
Origin ID: SimHead82

Comments

• Options
    luv2playluv2play Posts: 67 Member
    that would be awesome if we could do that, I didn't notice that before :)
    [img][/img]c9dbc58d-e591-4a16-aeba-ce93424ccded_zpsab9d1d8d.jpg

origin id: Luv2play24
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I just noticed that the lot is sloped as well. Interesting ...
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Oh smack. If this is not patched in I might have to get this GP just to get this. It's functionality I NEED.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    good eye! since it has the build grid that area is editable, fingers crossed you are right :)
  • Options
    SimHead82SimHead82 Posts: 154 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    good eye! since it has the build grid that area is editable, fingers crossed you are right :)

Yeah only part of the video that shows the build grid, so I am thinking they wanted us to see!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Did anyone noticed the TV set that's sitting on a tree stomp in the middle of the campsite? They must have some sort of power generator near by at this primitive campsite, and satellite TV too. :\
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry guys.

Watching it as a video, I don't think it's terrain editing. It's just a transition between 2 images with a slightly different camera angle.
  • Options
    I am pretty sure it is a new tool. I just went back and noticed very quickly that the land is flat before the next shot where is adds in the chairs.

Sims4terrain2_zps6a975a39.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Did anyone noticed the TV set that's sitting on a tree stomp in the middle of the campsite? They must have some sort of power generator near by at this primitive campsite, and satellite TV too. :\

Yeah, weird! The radio makes sense but the TV seems so out of place!
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

I JUST noticed the same thing on FB and was about to come and make my own thread. :pensive:
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Sorry guys.

Watching it as a video, I don't think it's terrain editing. It's just a transition between 2 images with a slightly different camera angle.

It's shot from the same angle. It clearly shows flat ground; the screen then sweeps across to show new items in the same place HOWEVER the terrain is now raised. I'm very hopeful that this means terrain editing is on the way; I'm certain they would patch it in as opposed to selling it in the GP.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    SimHead82 wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it is a new tool. I just went back and noticed very quickly that the land is flat before the next shot where is adds in the chairs.

Sims4terrain2_zps6a975a39.jpg
    The TV set, and the tree stomp it was sitting are not in this shot either. :)

• Options
    I had just thought something while looking at the screen-shot just above. I wonder if we are able to place that tree stomp that the TV set was sitting on in our sims's houses. :\
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Look at the tree, top left. It moves to the right after the transition.

Then look at the rocks, bottom right. They move to the left after the transition.

It's just the camera being rotated very slightly clockwise, and the items on the lot being changed from basic/masculine to more girly ones.
  • Options

Then look at the rocks, bottom right. They move to the left after the transition.

It's just the camera being rotated very slightly anti-clockwise, and the items on the lot being changed from basic/masculine to more girly ones.

Then why is the grid no longer flat? It dips down just based on the lines.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Um, first of all. The picture you are showing is not very good. It is taken right when it fades into another picture.
    Look at what shows up next and you will notice not only a whole new tent but also a completely different CAMERA angle.

Second of all, the ability to edit the terrain is most likely something they would release in a game patch.

So no, this is not terrain editing.
  • Options

Yeah, weird! The radio makes sense but the TV seems so out of place!
    At least at this kind of campsite, it does. Now if there was a Sims version of an RV sitting there, then no the TV set wouldn't be out of place. Since most RV's these days come with a TV set on board. :)

• Options
    edited January 2015
    First Image (before transition) - the vertical line in the fire is the horseshoe post from previous scene.

a655e9c200.png

Second Image (after transition)

0e50b22c9b.png

Please indicate these dipped down lines. I cannot see them, except during the transition when they are superimposed on each other for a short time.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    @EmmaVane I was about to post the same pic but I see you beat me to it :) You are completely right.
  • Options
    First Image (before transition) - the vertical line in the fire is the horseshoe post from previous scene.

a655e9c200.png

Second Image (after transition)

0e50b22c9b.png

Please indicate these dipped down lines. I cannot see them, except during the transition when they are superimposed on each other for a short time.

I guess you're right. It goes by really fast and I caught it at the "right" time.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @‌Manssom

Thanks. Was easy to see when I paused it at the right spot. I double and triple checked it before I even mentioned it.

@SimHead82‌

Unfortunately, wishful thinking doesn't make it true. :p
  • Options
    SenbreSenbre Posts: 997 Member
    you think too much
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    sims4terrain_zpsf9029d35.jpg

At the very least, based on that picture it looks like non flat lots are back!
  • Options

It's just the camera being rotated very slightly clockwise, and the items on the lot being changed from basic/masculine to more girly ones.
    What does it even matter? :\
  • Options

The point of the thread was querying if that part of the video meant that terrain editing was returning with this pack. The answer is that there is no evidence for that in the teaser.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member

The point of the thread was querying if that part of the video meant that terrain editing was returning with this pack. The answer is that there is no evidence for that in the teaser.

:'(:'( But thank you all for going through it to decipher it.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.