Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much???

Sorry if this has already been discussed but the in-game bills are extortionate. I just got hit with a bill for $6000!!!! How can my sims afford to pay that... Is this a bug or a part of the game?

Comments

• Options
    DragonAge_23586441DragonAge_23586441 Posts: 229 Member
    edited January 2015
    It's part of the game and I like it. It gives you sens of what you can buy and what you can't; also where you can and can not stay. I like to work my way up to appoint where I can afford to move my Sims family to a bigger home or place more expensive furniture within the currant home.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    mattgstl wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but the in-game bills are extortionate. I just got hit with a bill for $6000!!!! How can my sims afford to pay that... Is this a bug or a part of the game?

one word - "motherlode"
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    Is your sim living in a mansion or does it have a lot of expensive items in home? Is your sim at a low level in his/her career.? This might be why your sim is getting such high bills that they can not afford.
  • Options
    kineticlopskineticlops Posts: 46 Member
    I would have hit that motherlode cheat with a quickness lol
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    the more stuff you have the expensive the bills get.

my house was small at first so bills were cheap and affordable, i remodel the house after getting a certain amount of money and the bills get expensive.

There is definitely a price to pay now for aesthetics, but I like that.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    This just happened to my sim too lol. Built her a nice house and the day she moved in she got a bill for 4k. It got to the point where she had to go to the gym to shower & was eating leftovers for a week because all her utilities were shut off lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    but this is illogical and unreal, your bills dont rise because you have a better bed, your bills are about energy, water, gas and things like that, even if you just "rent" a house the rent dont rise because you buy a new coach, this make looks like you are rent and not buy things, this is just a excuse to have something to spend money because current game we dont have many ways to spend money in game, just buying food and buying furnitures and bills.

my real life home bills are not based on how my bed is conforting to be me how much energy i use.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I once had bills hit up to a million.

:(
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »
    I once had bills hit up to a million.

:(

yeah and that is why the bills here are so unrealist, their are just a way to make you spend your own money, since the only other way is buying food or more furnitures, for me if their want us spend money must be in the right way, like make we need to pay to use the gym,*i never see "free gyms" in cities well since none is working well.., maxis need find others way to take away money, not giving unrealistic bills.
  • Options
    SuperVeePeeSuperVeePee Posts: 13 New Member
    If your sim has enough satisfaction (can't remember what its called at the moment but if you click on your lifetime goals there is a button where you can cash in your points) you can buy a "boost" that decreases your expenses. I think it might be called "frugal" or something. Sorry not to be more specific but I don't have the game open now in order to check.
  • Options
    MunchyMunchy Posts: 513 Member
    @SuperVeePee, yes you are right. It is called 'Frugal' and it was the first reward I got!

Can't afford those darn bills!
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    The bills do seem silly, but I guess it is a way to take money out of the game. My Sims get bills for about 10-15k, but they live in a mansion.
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    I've never had a problem with the bill, maybe because I start from the bottom so the bills is also start from the bottom and goes bigger as my sims had more money. It might not be realistic but it's really help balancing the game.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

one word - "motherlode"

love my motherlode
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    s2ladolcevitas2ladolcevita Posts: 341 Member
    edited January 2015
    I like it. It helps keep my family balance in check. When you have a few sims working at high level jobs getting paid about 2k four times a week, a 10k rent bill is not that much to pay at the end of a week. I find it realistic in the sense that sims who don't get paid as well would need to either sell some things or move to a smaller house. Which happens in real life.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    motherlode for days I can't be bothered with bills.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    I like it. It helps keep my family balance in check. When you have a few sims working at high level jobs getting paid about 2k four times a week, a 10k rent bill is not that much to pay at the end of a week. I find it realistic in the sense that sims who don't get paid as well would need to either sell some things or move to a smaller house. Which happens in real life.
    this happen when he rent the house or when he spend more "energy", water, whatever source of power he use to supply his home, not because he buy a better "bed", this means who he not buy the bed but rent it, since he still paying for it, this is not a realistic bills, bills dont account for your home furnitures but only for your expensives(water, eletriticity, gas, food, anual taxs and things like that), that is the problem.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I've had two families living in mansions, and the bills have never gotten that high.

How does that happen?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    sunnyshaysunnyshay Posts: 2,927 Member
    Never really had a problem with bills really. I did notice that when I start adding bathrooms, there was a noticeable jump. Not sure if it has much to do with furniture and decor, I've got plenty of that but my sims have a pretty modest home.

I guess yo can always cheat for the tough times or have a writer sim in your house; they make nice royalty checks.
    Origin ID: Shar1W
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    this happen when he rent the house or when he spend more "energy", water, whatever source of power he use to supply his home, not because he buy a better "bed", this means who he not buy the bed but rent it, since he still paying for it, this is not a realistic bills, bills dont account for your home furnitures but only for your expensives(water, eletriticity, gas, food, anual taxs and things like that), that is the problem.

I think it's not done to make it for realistic purpose, but doing it to balance the money in the game, so now you can't just go steal other people house, you gotta work for it. Even if you still it need a realistic purpose, my dad's luxurious double bed needs more maintenance than my stinky single bed. I mean, I played the sims 3 and my sims will still have abundant of money without having to do anything because of the inherintance they had had.
  • Options
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    Never really had a problem with bills really. I did notice that when I start adding bathrooms, there was a noticeable jump. Not sure if it has much to do with furniture and decor, I've got plenty of that but my sims have a pretty modest home.<br />
    <br />
    I guess yo can always cheat for the tough times or have a writer sim in your house; they make nice royalty checks.

I notice that plumbing service will increase your bills by a lot too, I don't know that for sure though.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I just got hit with a bill for $6000!!

I was really hoping for it to be over NINE THOUS-Ok, we get the bit!

But yeah, motherlode and the frugal traits. Might want to invest time in the trait where you get investment reimbursements as well.
  • Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    edited January 2015
    I use cheats to be able to pay... I also think they are too big.

With all those things that needs constant repairing, I don't even have money left to buy new stuff. I can't do it without the cheat. I never used cheats before.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    AkramA wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »

I think it's not done to make it for realistic purpose, but doing it to balance the money in the game, so now you can't just go steal other people house, you gotta work for it. Even if you still it need a realistic purpose, my dad's luxurious double bed needs more maintenance than my stinky single bed. I mean, I played the sims 3 and my sims will still have abundant of money without having to do anything because of the inherintance they had had.

actually you can steal houses, this game is full of stu pid cheap things, you can invite a person to live with you to steal her money or her house(when choose to move you can choose to move to her house if better and take away any other person living on that house then later in the management you can kick the person you invited to live to finish the "stealing", this game really is cheap to make money, you can gain absurd amount of money with paint, and make easy pointless unrealistic bills, the big game problem is the "lack", since the game lack ways to take money from the players their made a unrealistic bills.
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    I just got hit with a bill for $6000!!

I was really hoping for it to be over NINE THOUS-Ok, we get the bit!

But yeah, motherlode and the frugal traits. Might want to invest time in the trait where you get investment reimbursements as well.

Theres a frugal trait in 4?
    WLfAA9V.png