Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We can bearly wait to meet you!

The new "tagline" for Outdoor Retreat in the game kinda makes me sad. Come back to play with more next week? I vaguely recall them saying the same thing about pools and completely missing their chance to tell me to "make a splash" or "jump into fun!"

This time, I don't want all of my awesomely bad puns going completely to waste, and I hope I'm not the only one. How would you have advertised Outdoor Retreat in the game? Or, if you don't have any ideas of your own, what tagline would make you want to "come back to play with more next week?"

Here are a few ideas to get us started...
We can bearly wait to meet you, ideally with a picture of the bear suit peeking out from behind a tree or looking sneaky.

"... Give me back my golden hand!" Come back next week to tell your own campfire story. Featuring something like this.

Join us next week, when we bear it all in the great outdoors! With some kind of streaking in nature photo... It'd go best with skinny dipping, but I don't think they have that in 4 yet.

You can get the buzz next week, with a pic of the bear swatting away the flies or bees or whatever they were in that one video.

Comments

• Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Haha. I read your post and then read the title again. Made me lol ;)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they skimped on the marketing budget, when you consider how the final product turned out during TS4's release.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Make use of your vacation time is an obvious connection they could have used.
    That was my thought when I looking at the vacation days my sims had acquired.
    They could go camping.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ArchDArchD Posts: 338 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they skimped on the marketing budget, when you consider how the final product turned out during TS4's release.

That's why I want to lend a paw!
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    Meet that special someone and... pitch a tent.
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member
    edited January 2015
    ArchD wrote: »
    The new "tagline" for Outdoor Retreat in the game kinda makes me sad. Come back to play with more next week? I vaguely recall them saying the same thing about pools and completely missing their chance to tell me to "make a splash" or "jump into fun!"

This time, I don't want all of my awesomely bad puns going completely to waste, and I hope I'm not the only one. How would you have advertised Outdoor Retreat in the game? Or, if you don't have any ideas of your own, what tagline would make you want to "come back to play with more next week?"

We can bearly wait to meet you, ideally with a picture of the bear suit peeking out from behind a tree or looking sneaky.

"... Give me back my golden hand!" Come back next week to tell your own campfire story. Featuring something like this.

Join us next week, when we bear it all in the great outdoors! With some kind of streaking in nature photo... It'd go best with skinny dipping, but I don't think they have that in 4 yet.

You can get the buzz next week, with a pic of the bear swatting away the flies or bees or whatever they were in that one video.

Well, I mean- they clearly pulled a few brain muscles coming up with this little gem under the tag: What else would you expect a bear in the woods to do? so, they were probably exhausted...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=826532797385792
  • Options
    Here's a way to make your game even cooler, with an image of the bear rummaging through the cooler. Like this!
  • Options
    ASDF0716 wrote: »

Well, I mean- they clearly pulled a few brain muscles coming up with this little gem under the tag: What else would you expect a bear in the woods to do? so, they were probably exhausted...

All I could think of when I first saw that video was "If a bear poops in the woods and there's no one there to smell it..."
  • Options
    ASDF0716ASDF0716 Posts: 1,703 Member

All I could think of when I first saw that video was "If a bear poops in the woods and there's no one there to smell buy it..."

...fixed.
  • Options
    kineticlopskineticlops Posts: 46 Member
    I don't know if this will be an included function but something fun might have been "Bring your sticks and marshmallows to the fire!"
    I hope you can make smores or at least toast marshmallows.
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    "This game pack is so fun, you can bearly handle it!"

"There is so much to do that, when your Sims eventually leaf Granite Falls to return home, they'd feel satisfy for having a fun, fulfilling vacation!"
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I thought of the old confirmation....someone asks you a question and you want to affirm the answer so you say "Do wild bears plum in the woods?" I'm guessing they didn't use this tagline because they didn't want the GP to be associated with what wild bears do in the woods.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright