Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Jacob decided to take a walk around the barn to clear his head.
    His injuries were causing to make irrational decisions that he normally
    wouldn't make. He stumbled upon an interesting looking device in the corner.
    Sarah: I see you found Brianna's storm chasing gear.
    Jacob: She storm chases?
    Sarah: Used to, not anymore.
    Jacob: Oh...why not?

Screenshot-116.jpg
    Sarah: She'll kill me for telling you all this, so please don't repeat anything.
    Sarah pulled out some old photos of what appeared to be Brianna and a young man.
    Sarah: Brianna's fiancé was the one who introduced her to storm chasing, they both loved
    the job, and were very good at it.
    Jacob: Brianna's engaged?
    Jacob would be lying if he didn't say that the idea of Brianna being engaged didn't
    sting a little. He wasn't sure why the idea made him feel that way. Sarah shook her head.

Screenshot-117.jpg
    Sarah: Not anymore...He was killed during a chase when he tried to intercept the tornado.
    They were trying to put this machine up into the tornado, so data would be sent back to
    their team on the ground. She blames herself, and decided to quit her career. That's why
    she is so protective of people because she feels she didn't protect her fiancé. Jacob felt
    the tears start running down his cheeks. He felt guilty for all the judgement toward Brianna
    he had in the beginning.
    Sarah: Don't speak of this to Brianna, she'll be upset if she found out.
    Jacob: I promise, I won't.

Screenshot-123.jpg
    Miri: I have a school project, can you help?
    Jacob: I would love to help, what you need?
    Miri: I need to find 2 butterflies, a bird, a moth and a rodent.
    Jacob: That's a big list for a 4th grader, how about we do some hunting
    tomorrow?
    Miri: Yay! Thank you.

Screenshot-126.jpg
    Miri: You look nice Jacob! Brianna does to.
    Jacob: And you look adorable Miri.
    Miri: Yay! Thank you.
    Brianna: Who is this? I don't know you.
    Caller: We know who you are helping, if you
    don't work with us, there will be trouble.

Screenshot-127.jpg
    Jacob: Its because of me isn't it...
    Brianna: Your empty threats don't scare me.-click.
    No, you're fine Jacob.Its fine.
    Miri: Are you two going on a date? You are all dressed up.
    Brianna: What? No, we're just getting him out of the house before
    he goes stir crazy.

Screenshot-129.jpg
    As they were leaving to go out for the night, Jacob couldn't help
    but notice how lovely Brianna looked in the evening light. He tried
    to keep his smile hidden.

Screenshot-134.jpg
    Brianna: You feeling okay? You look like you're getting sick again.
    Jacob: No...I just wanted to ask if you'd dance with me..

Screenshot-135.jpg
    Brianna: Is that all? You're so adorable when you're shy.XD
    I'll dance with you.

Screenshot-136.jpg
    Music: I can't fight this feeling any longer
    And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow
    What started out as friendship has grown stronger
    I only wish I had the strength to let it show

Screenshot-137.jpg
    Music: I tell myself that I can't hold out forever
    I said there is no reason for my fear
    'Cause I feel so secure when we're together
    You give my life direction, you make everything so clear
    And even as I wander, I'm keeping you in sight
    You're a candle in the window on a cold, dark winter's night
    And I'm getting closer than I ever thought I might

Brianna: For someone who enjoys being alone, you are a good dancer.
    Jacob: It helps to have a lovely dance partner.
    Music: My life has been such a whirlwind since I saw you
    I've been running 'round in circles in my mind
    And it always seems that I'm following you, girl
    'Cause you take me to the places that alone I'd never find

Screenshot-139.jpg
    Jacob pulled Brianna close. Refusing to let go,Brianna's cellphone went
    off.

Screenshot-138.jpg
    Brianna: Seems urgent, let me take this?
    Jacob: ..of course, I'll be right here.
    Jacob waited for Brianna to come back, when she didn't he decided to
    go outside and see if everything was alright.

Screenshot-141.jpg
    Jacob: Brianna!
    Stranger: Not any closer, Jacob.. Now I think we understand each other.
    Jacob: Let her go.
    Jacob stepped forward, but the gentleman dragged Brianna back by her
    hair. Stranger; You come with us and we'll let her go.
    Brianna: Don't agree to it, its a trap.
    Jacob: Let her go, and I'll go with you...
    Stranger: Knew you would come to reason..
    As a van was approaching, a loud growl came from behind
    them.

Screenshot-142.jpg
    Stranger: Ah! I hate dogs, get away!
    Beau: Sick em Oscar!
    Oscar chased the stranger down the road.
    Beau: Will teach you to mess with my little sister.

Screenshot-143.jpg
    Jacob: ...I'm sorry Brianna, I told you, keeping me here was going to
    cause trouble...
    Beau: Let's not talk about all that nonsense right now, lets get you
    both back to the ranch.

Screenshot-144.jpg
    Jacob caught Brianna off guard when he flung his arms around her,
    she hesitated to hug back, not sure if it was his injuries making him act
    this way...but she soon realized he wanted a hug in return.

Screenshot-145.jpg

• Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@GraceyManor That guy is relentless! Good thing Beau and Oscar showed up. I can't wait to see what happens next.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    edited February 2022
    Here I go again, talking too much to y'all! :p Some days I really can't help it. :kissing_heart:

@Brandontaylor I look forward to seeing that wedding dress in one of your saves someday. :blush:;)
    Brandon (your sim ;) ) is really looking good. :smirk:
    It looks like you have a few Fresh Prince cars in your game as well. :) I've found that some work for me while others don't...
    Lily will definitely love the "being in a band" life. :)
    Which skill did Daisy get a boost in from the Elixir instead of Logic?
    ----
    Both Harlan and Daisy had reasons why they needed to exercise, so I set them up to do so for as long as they needed to.
    ^I sure wish I had the desire to exercise as long as I need to...
    Oh dear that Harlan doesn't like Elizabeth... :(
    Rose and Pierre are giving each other the amorous gaze. :blush:
    Nice dip kiss picture of Brandon and Lily there. <3
    ----
    I had to laugh at Rose's age up attire. :lol: And I don't blame you for changing her features so she doesn't look like an exact clone of her mom.
    Aww, Brandon and Lily got married. <3<3
    ----
    The 90's was a good time to grow up in, I've got a lot of good memories from that time.
    ^Same my friend. <3
    Nothing wrong with being more nitpicky about something when you've learned much about it and it's portrayed incorrectly in TV shows and movies. I think that's why Doctor's can't stand medical dramas, though I LOVE them. :p
    That was such a cool story about your grandma. :blush:
    Hubby and I were at a pawn shop today and I saw a CD box, I believe, that said: "Elvis: The Graceland Collection." Needless to say it made me think of you. ;) Did we pass up something good? :p
    ----
    Looks like the family had fun at the winter festival. :)
    I chuckled that you put the martial arts dummy in the kitchen. :lol:
    Oh I learned the "divide by 0" thing the hard way too. :grimace: I heard your sims can die from it...
    Happy Birthday to Daisy, Ivy, and Holly. :)

@GraceyManor Boy Jacob sure has had a rough go of things hasn't he? I'm glad he told the officer the full truth!
    Cute convo on the phone between him and Miri. <3
    I had to laugh at the bad guy/stranger being in a full suit and wearing sandals! :joy: I'm surprised those didn't fly off in his brawl with Jacob. :p
    Go Beau for knocking out the bad guy! :smiley:
    Love the poses you used during Jacob and Brianna's heart to heart chat. I've seen those before. ;):p
    I think they're falling for each other. <3
    ----
    Jacob still has the concussion eh? I didn't think they lasted that long...
    And then he gets attacked by bees! Poor sexy guy! :lol:
    I wonder if Beau purposely comes off as unlikeable so that Jacob won't get an ideas towards his sister. :p
    Totally sexy him showing Brianna all the chemistry stuff. <3
    Jacob, I think Brianna is right...maybe you should head back to the ER if you're still feeling concussed... :confused:
    Oh boy, the plot thickens with an old friend, who has a crush on her, comes back into Brianna's life. :mrgreen:
    ----
    I don't recall watching the "Oops, I did it again" video, but I very much know the song as well. Let's look it up shall we? :mrgreen: I gotta see if the Titanic stuff is in it...
    Oh my gosh it's so lame! :lol: In all it's 1990's glory! :joy: (A video that has nothing to do with the lyrics in the song... :unamused: Hate that.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow
    I still feel so bad for Britney... Anyhoo!
    I love smart sexy doctors to...cops, firefighters...Any guy in a uniform honestly.XD
    ^You and me both sista! :star:<3;):smirk:
    Thanks for the reply comments. :)
    ----
    Has anyone had problems with their poses showing wrong thumbnails? Like the description doesn't match the image?
    ^I have, on rare occassion. That's when I get rid of that pose. Or...sometimes it's due to conflicting with another pose. It's a pain, but you could add just THAT pose into your game and see if the problem still exists and if it does, you get rid of it. If not, you know it's conflicting with another pose and that stinks. But at least you'll be able to properly use it for whatever scene you need it for. :) Hope that made sense.
    ----
    Aww, that's sad to hear about Brianna's fiancé... :cry: Whenever I hear about storm chasers, I think of the movie Twister. :p
    Miri: Are you two going on a date? You are all dressed up.
    Brianna: What? No, we're just getting him out of the house before
    he goes stir crazy.
    ^Yeeeah I'm with Miri, it's a date. :smirk::p
    Guuuuurl you shared a GREAT song! :star: #1 on the charts the day I was born! :mrgreen:
    Yikes!!! :grimace: Thank goodness Beau and the dog came around to save the day!
    Yes, hug each other. It's good. ;)<3
    I'm really enjoying this story. :) Great job with it.

@lisasc360 Enjoyed your posts. :):lol::p Uni days are fun! Sometimes I miss them...
    Oh and Lol about Che Justice just up and throwing his clothes off! I agree, no one wants to see some random nekkid man, especially one that hairy! :joy:

@texansky I've been looking forward to more of this story. :)
    Well yay for those random gnomes that show up and sell for tons of simoleons. :smirk:
    Aww, her dad got a cat to keep him company. <3 "PetsSims" I love it! :lol:
    The eggs and cheese I consigned brought me §912!
    ^Dang! Right on! :smiley:
    Why does this feel like real life sometimes...
    We only have §148 left in the piggy bank. We barely have enough to pay the bills the next time they come due.
    *sigh*
    Yay for valuable wildflowers! ;)
    Wait...cats can bring in some of the small animals to sims? I didn't know that. :grin:
    I'm glad they got a bunch more money in the bank now. :star:
    ----
    Thank you all for the sweet comments. <3 Yeah, the family is doing well now. It turns out I never got COVID...as much as I thought I did. The Doctor did an antibody test (antibodies from the actual virus not the vaccine) so we could find out if I really did have it and...it was negative. :confused: I guess there's something to be said about having O Negative blood when it comes to this virus after all. :p
    ----
    Speaking of bookmarks, I've been trying to organize mine. I found a link emorrill shared for her Michael Holland Family Challenge! I'm going to have to go back and read that over again. I downloaded the family years ago. I want to see what they get up to in one of my games.
    Awww. <3 I loved reading this. I miss the Hollands and I forgot that I uploaded them to the Exchange. :grin: If you ever see them in one of your saves, do take pictures for me. :kissing_heart:
    I'm not sure what you meant by Loni losing §400? She only found §100 in the piggy bank, to add to her §500. Maybe you thought the piggy bank find had doubled their funds?
    ^Guess I misunderstood. It sounded like they had $500 originally in the piggy bank and then when she went to go check it, there was actually only $100. I wasn't sure if you - the watcher/goddess - used some of the money to buy some things... Anyhoo! Forgive my scatterbrain these days. :p
    ----
    Lol that the shredded newspaper - bad kitty :p - was blocking the way to the stove. :lol:
    Yay for Ikea furniture! :mrgreen: (Would you believe me if I told you I've never been to an Ikea... ;) It's true!)
    Oh no! Fred was abducted!? :open_mouth: (Guess that means only one thing...sigh. How will Loni react?)
    I ran all the way to the bus and got on to go to school. Suddenly the driver is kicking me off the bus.

Driver: There's no school today! Go home.
    Loni: Thanks for NOT letting me know yesterday! Why did you even show up here, honking your horn?

The driver just smiled, shut the door, and drove away, belching diesel exhaust in my face.
    ^LOLOLOL! Oh my gosh! :joy: Right!?
    Score with the trains. 👍
    I should really try basement gardening sometime...
    Yay for laundry hampers! What a productive day! :smiley:
    ----
    ...but now there is a big pile of Mount Washmore in the living room.
    ^Lady you crack me up! :lol: Not sure what that glitch was about...?
    I don't like to see animals suffer either...and bathing kitties is rough! Even in the game. ;)
    Hmm, I wonder where Fred has gotten all this energy from? It wasn't due to the abduction was it? :confused: I was thinking something else happened...
    Pretty blue dress Loni wore to Prom. :) Limo! NICE!
    She's wearing my dress! The lady at SimTopic told me it was one of a kind. There's another one with my dress on! I'm going to give the lady at SimTopic a piece of my mind next time I go there.
    ^LOLOLOL! :joy: And SimTopic. Once again I love it! :mrgreen:

@Sprottenham
    I spent the first half of the day watching the news about the situation in Ukraine, and the second half just... sleeping on the couch.. before I went to bed... ughh, even cooking food for myself felt like such a drag.. -_-
    ^Been feeling this the past couple of days too...
    Thanks for the reply comment. :) I used to go by the Notification system too until I realized I wasn't getting some people's tags. I wish they would fix that... Oh well.

@Silverofdreams30 FANTASTIC job on the photoshoots! :star: Especially these ones. :love:
    33pqhdk.jpg
    UxU7Ujd.jpg

@Turjan
    Thank you. But just to make that completely clear: Personally, I'm not directly affected, rising prices not withstanding. It's more a psychological thing.
    ^Oh I figured as much, but thanks for letting me know all the same. You're welcome. <3

@Karritz Vent away lady. <3 This game isn't as perfect as we would all like it to be huh? :(

@ZhakiraP Oooh, looks like I need to head over to your story thread again. :):star:
    Aww, I love that Matt and Dee's family is growing. :blush:
    Anne looks great pregnant. 👍
    Ree and Bernadette still look as happy together as ever. Lol! :lol::p Doesn't look like the kids are too thrilled to be wearing matching outfits either. :lol:

Think it needs to be an early bedtime tonight... Gotta get up early tomorrow.

I did go in game and take some pictures for my Stardew story so it's coming along! The writing will come next and hopefully I can have the first couple of scenes of Chapter 18 posted soon. :star:

Goodnight and Happy Simming y'all! <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited February 2022
    @emorrill the problem is I can't blame the game - I did the thing that made the problem and didn't appear to make a record of what I did. So now I have to go and work it out.

I just made myself another problem but it isn't much of a problem. I sent the group of sims to Moonlight Falls. Planning to return most of them to their homes and pick up 2 toddlers to take back to the boarding school in Moonfall Island.

Things went a bit pear shaped when I couldn't find the family of one of them. I found his house but it is empty and the rest of his family have moved to another world but I don't know which one.

So I sent the Wolff family home and started doing a census of the rest of Moonlight Falls. I kept finding young sims about to age up without and skills. So now I have a boarding school in Moonlight Falls with 16 sims in it. And none over the age of teen. So I've got the teens teaching toddlers to walk, talk and potty. Eric and Oscar get most of that duty. Meanwhile I'm getting the rest of them some skills. No time to get school grades up to A. I'm just letting them learn a few basics. Then I'll move on. Meanwhile I have 5 werewolf toddlers in the nursery learning their skills. They are all close to aging up without learning any toddler skills.

I will start returning them all to their homes as soon as they get some skill and then I'll complete the census of Moonlight Falls and send Oscar, Eric and Gregg home to Moonfall Island. Then I will start Isabel on her journeys to the new worlds where I'll hopefully find and record all of the missing and extra sims.

EDIT: I have even bigger problems. I came on here to wait for my game to unfreeze. Nothing was happening. I could freely scroll around but no sims were moving. It took me a few minutes to work out I'd paused the game. :s I unpaused it and now all is good.

One more thing. We have massive flooding happening here at the moment. It's been raining at my place for days now and will continue for more days. Our dams were almost empty and they had been threatening water restrictions. Now they are all overflowing. People are getting washed away and drowning in their cars. Floods in the city centre as well as for hundreds of kilometers all around the South East part of the state.
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @emorrill

Thank you,
    once in a while I use PaintShop pro haha.
    I also used the effects machine for the fog effect.

@ZhakiraP

Lovely photos, I love your cc clothing
    I mostly find stuff on Tsr or Tumblr but not as great stuff like
    you have for the children.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Yes, indeed it does.
    You are certainly the master at making gorgeous sims! Love those new ones and the photo frames work great with the pictures.

@texansky Thanks for the comments. I didn't know about the ducks either, but I am so stealing it now that I know. :grin:
    I love large or open rooms too since I usually have large families.
    Good to see things getting a bit better for Loni and her Dad. Oops, spoke too soon. Hopefully, he won't be harvesting an alien baby! :grin:
    Nice basement garden!
    The critters get fleas way to often! I don't blame you for getting the hygienator.
    Glad Dad is feeling better!
    Congrats on the new puter!

@Karritz Nice to see you got another video completed and loaded.
    I don't think I could keep track of that many even with a spreadsheet.
    Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the flooding and people dying because of it.

@Turjan I sure hope this war is over and things don't spread into nearby countries. Certainly something to be wary of. Take care. I know many of us in the US are praying for peace.
    Ethan and Tiara make a cute couple, but then he looks awesome with all his lovers. :lol:

@Sprottenham Glad you are feeling better! It is hard to stay away from the news! Praying for a quick and safe resolution for the Ukraine people. Agree, he and his objectives are ridiculous.

@lisasc360 I enjoyed the story, glad to see her go home!

@ZhakiraP I enjoyed the newest update in your medieval world. Summer was certainly a beautiful child. I can see her causing a stir in a few more years.
    Kinda hard to tell but the prince does appear to have blue eyes. The King's look light as well but no close ups of him in that update and I didn't go looking. :grin: I notice the servant's are blue as well.
    Great photo of the families. Some interesting genetics going on in the Treave-Sprinkle family.

@GraceyManor Beau to the rescue again! Yaay!

I played in Mary's story earlier this week, but not enough to finish an update. Hopefully today after church.
    When I have time I'm still having my sims check out the houses and venues in the Disney Magic Kingdom Community Collaboration. This is a build by @romagi1 in Tomorrowland. Monsanto House is the house of the future. I remember going to Disneyland as a little girl and being amazed by the original. I love @romagi1's version.
    51877756215_404fae2443_o.jpg

51877756205_15eefd9141_o.jpg

Another fantastic home in Tommorowland is The Metropolitan by @kso (thanatos6692 in the store exchange) So many beautiful homes are being built. It will be hard to decide which to move into.
    51877756200_8d0a28b2f7_o.jpg
  • Options
    @emorrill
    Jacob still has the concussion eh? I didn't think they lasted that long...

Maybe multiple concussions? Don't forget he got hit a few times.XD
    I didn't realize the stranger had sandals on, that's too funny lol
    I wonder if Beau purposely comes off as unlikeable so that Jacob won't get an ideas towards his sister.

That never crossed my mind, but now it does.XD
    I had looked up OOPS after I said that, and the video made no sense.XD
    However the titanic stuff was in it lol.

• Options
    @bekkasan

Lovely photos!
    thank you.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,925 Member
    edited February 2022
    @bekkasan thanks. I think my main problem is it's been so long since I last looked at the spreadsheet or the game. I'm wondering now if I made the changes in a different spreadsheet.

I loaded more roses today. That makes it a record for me - 2 videos up in 3 days. Now I'm focusing on playing the game. The census in Moonlight Falls has revealed a few young sims close to aging up without any skills. Since the local boarding school was empty I decided to send them there. One of them only had one day to complete her child skills. She did cooking and blocks and started fishing. She then aged up to teen and is going to learn a bit more fishing and gardening before going home again. She has done a bit of reading of fishing books.

I got 5 toddlers to train. All of them are werewolves. And they are toddlers I've had on my mind the whole time I've been focusing on the 30 Grandchildren series. One of them is about 34 days from aging up and the others are close to that. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.

I'm good with the flooding here. This house is up on a hill so it's just getting stressful with the constant rain. It has just stopped for a while. They say it'll be gone by tomorrow morning. Then it'll be back a few days later. All of the dams around here are overflowing. They were getting worryingly low a few weeks ago. And the initial rain did nothing for the main dam. Then it suddenly filled up in about 1 or 2 days. It went from getting almost no rain in its catchment to a massive amount fell in a couple of days. It was around 50% and now it's way over 100% full. Of course the water purification sites have been damaged by flood water and they are trying to fix it but we are expecting dirty water soon for a while. Naturally that means panic buying has cleaned out bottled water from the shops. Fortunately my son buys bottled water anyway so we have enough here for a few days. It should be fixed soon. I think one of them was fixed late today. And there is a desalination plant at the Gold Coast. They put that in as insurance against us running out of water in a drought. We've had a massive population explosion here since Covid started so the dams and other infrastructure is struggling with all the new people in the area.

EDIT: I just saw the exact figure for the big dam - when they made the post it was at 177% full and rising due to rain still falling in the catchment. That means they'll have to release more water and when they release water the river rises and people get flooded. The people who usually get flooded when the dam releases water already have water through the ground levels of their homes, some two story homes have water up to the upper level ceiling. Now it seems the dam is going to have to release more water. I wonder what tomorrow will bring. The rain is supposed to clear up in the morning. It doesn't matter how much water the dams release to the river my place is up too high to be flooded by it.
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    I don't usually play with criminal sims but on my current save I have a sim who is close to completing his lifetime wish of becoming emperor of evil. Well during work he got arrested and it was the first time ever I got to see a sim go to jail. By the time he got out he wasn't a happy camper as his needs were low. Either they're no beds or foods in sim jail or it's just that bad that you're better off without. 'Twas an interesting experience.
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    Chapter 16.8: Belo Horizonte – Day IV: Up and down and in circles we go..

8QpNlrc.jpg
    Well, I don't know how this is going to end.. their thoughts and dreams suggest that they really aren't sure which stance to take..

M8FJ4bN.jpg

Good morning there, ready for a new day?
    Sofia: Hold on, just let me wake up properly first...

Sofia has a morning face. Palash, still sleeping, now has dreams of more pleasant vacation stuff..

QseLgWn.jpg
    Palash wakes up and has now discovered the meaning of having a wife that is an excellent kisser. ;)

ZZxEUp7.jpg
    They both sit down to eat more of the left over sushi for breakfast, and have a nice conversation about yesterdays bowling match before the conversation takes a more serious tone once Palash brings up the topic of children.. he is looking a bit aggressive about it now. Uh oh...
    Sofia doesn't answer him there. They finish eating and she picks up the dishes to go the kitch.. uhh...

weYGz5t.jpg
    ..no, Sofia! That is the bathroom sink.. what is wrong with you? :P Hmm, I guess you're only trying your best, but just so you know, there is a perfect brand new dishwasher in the kitchen! (I almost, almost, made a joke about being a good wife here..... hey, don't shoot! :P )

vhTY9ko.jpg
    Regardless, Palash joins his wife in the bathroom to discuss songwriting, before going for a kiss. Then they do some mundane activities such as cleaning the toilet and going for a bath, before Sofia decides she wants to head for the jacuzzi.

lEovmix.jpg

y9RBX2j.jpg

Palash joins her shortly thereafter, for some reason, they talk a little more about songwriting and Sofia complains about having to clean the toilet..

576YRvW.jpg

Both wants to kiss the other in the jacuzzi, so they go there to cuddle for a while, before they start having the same old discussion...

BqxCOPD.jpg

qPdVGRv.jpg

The opposing sides appear to be bargaining for an agreement, so far I actually think that they haven't reached a conclusion..

Continues in spoiler:
    gjFgaK3.jpg

Unsure of where to go next, Sofia gets up from the jacuzzi and calls for a taxi that will take them to the local Tourist Trap Information office (and souvenir shop...), hoping to get some information about places to go and sights to see.

AfZ7vI4.jpg

Inside the tourist office Sofia walks over to the store clerk and information officer to ask.

XYH8iz8.jpg

qbW5Vdt.jpg

Sofia: Hiya, me and my husband is here on our honeymoon, and I was wondering if you could guide us to some nice places to visit...
    "Oh, sure, this island has plenty to offer" the store clerk responded "Anything in particular you might be interested in?"

Sofia: Oh, umm..

Store clerk: We've got plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, with numerous public swimming pools, beaches of course, and some really good fishing spots. I've got a map here if you want to see...

Sofia: Do you have anything that is a little less.. outdoorsy, perhaps?

Store clerk: Oh, well, if you're interested in art, there is always the Oceanview art gallery. I could also recommend a visit to The Dreams of Paradise Spa if you want to relax..

Sofia: Hmm.. do you have anything more fun?

Store clerk: Oh yeah, then I would highly recommend you visit "The Beach Boardwalk" and try the roller coaster there! It is the best on the islands! Well, it is also the only one on the islands, but it has a very high rating among Coaster Critics! You could buy tickets to enter here, and you'll get a special discount!

qw3JP2L.jpg

Sofia: Oh, oh, glibs, that sounds like a good idea! I'll take two tickets then!

oQc12tg.jpg

Sofia: Come on, Palash! We're going for a ride!

Sofia is running the show today it seems, he can't do much but follow... :P

kNO88A7.jpg

So they get into another taxi, and head for "The Beach Boardwalk". By the time they get there, it has already started to get dark, but the park is still open.

XicErrK.jpg

"You'll love this one!" Sofia says as they enter "This is much better than your stupid ghost houses and graveyards!"

63yS2XK.jpg

Sofia is excited to go on the roller coaster, but Palash is not to happy about the last comemnt there.. "That was unecessary, Sofia" he mutters.

xQqahrZ.jpg

His face lights up a little more though, once they actually get into the cart. "See Palash, this is going to fun!" Sofia says with a hint of doubt in her voice.. was this really a good idea? Well, it's to late now... off you go! ;)

yMWQVkx.jpg

pnbWB3v.jpg

Sofia: Oh boy... here goes...

2mEkgDW.jpg

Sofia: Wooooooooo!!!!

2dYQFRk.jpg

Sofia: Whoooohooo yeah!!! That was great!!

Sofia is really enjoying herself, Palash isn't catching on quite yet..

Sofia: We were upside down, Palash! We were upside down!!

M3JR8b5.jpg

However, as they climb the next hill, Palash also begins to get a smile on his face..

kKglFQr.jpg

But he quickly looses his grin as they begin the descent...

lhe4FsE.jpg

Palash: Aaaah!! Let me off! Let me off! Let me off!!!
    Sofia: Aaaah!! I can't! I can't! I can't!

CIgCl9L.jpg
    Palash: Ohhhhh my god Sofia, I'm not doing that again!

ReP8lmq.jpg
    Palash: Oh no, not another one...

joOH9hn.jpg
    Palash: Aaah, I want to go home!!
    Sofia: I love you! I love you! I love you!

JlqKtjd.jpg
    Palash: Sofia.. that's water.. SOFIA, THAT'S WATER!

Sofia:
    I hear you! That's water!

Upety5P.jpg

Palash: Holy fudge Sofia, there's something in the water!!!
    Sofia: Aaaahhhh!!

A6NA3fS.jpg

Palash: Shark...!!!

gqURh5F.jpg

Palash: Sofia, this can't be safe....

WQUVYCj.jpg

Sofia: Wow, that was wild! Best ride ever!!
    Palash: I'm.. I'm.. wow, wow, that was insane!! I didn't know coasters could do that...

jPXdxGY.jpg
    Palash: Wow.. I'm shaking, Sofia.. look... I'm shaking...
    Sofia: That was awesome! I'm going for another round, want to come with me again?
    Palash: No.... no... you can have this one....

adX8PM3.jpg

Sofia: As you wish! See you later!

VYWnace.jpg

So Sofia went for another ride on her own. It was getting darker, but the view was still nice. ;)

3heRboC.jpg

As Sofia was enjoying her second ride, Palash was approached by this woman, Lucretia Parrott, that wanted to talk to him about the weather. "When it rains here, it really does rain" she says.. and while she is talking and Palash gets bored, he also gets a wish specifically to have babies with Sofia. From before he only had a generic wish to have babies, so in theory it could have been with anyone.. And to not be hypocritical, of course, two wishes of the same kind has to trumph whatever the other party may or may not wish for! ;)

txSvWYF.jpg

Sofia wants to have a chat with this new woman a to get to know her a little better too, so she engages not so subtly asking her what she and her husband was just discussing..

CAIYaco.jpg

"Oh, were just talking about the weather, you know... nothing special.. I wasn't excactly trying to have babies with him, though I am sure he would be a perfect candidate..."
    Sofia now thinks Lucretia is being rude..

S8N8vMy.jpg

Sofia: I don't want to hear any talk about babies! I don't like babies! Crying, noisy, foul and smelly!

jhs3mQA.jpg

Lucretia: Uhhh yikes....

Sofia than walks away with a stiff upper lip to play pinball in an arcade room. Palash has already gone there to practice pool.

hfOHDUA.jpg

jYoYUH3.jpg

Palash: Hi sweetie.. I'm going over to this café just opposite from here to get me a brownie. Want something?

Sofia: No, no, I'm fine, thanks! I have to finish this game!

R9a7U1J.jpg

Well, Sofia changes her mind about getting something to eat, and wants to order a donut, but the barista here isn't letting them order anything..
    Barista: You're to late, we've closed... please come back again tomorrow!

Sofia: I'll call a taxi again... and ask him to drive us to a place with food that is still open...

OXjAkDO.jpg

The taxi driver says he knows just the spot and drops them off at this place called, well, "The Hot Spot".

Palash: I wonder why they call it "The Hot Spot".. maybe it's because the food here is really spicey..?
    Sofia: Or maybe it's just a popular meeting place...
    Palash: Then why is nobody here...?

gLv6iEs.jpg

Well, empty hot spot or not, they are both really hungry so Sofia orders a meal of spaghetti for them and they sit down to eat.. I think it would be funny here if they could do what Lady and the Tramp does, but Sofia tells me they're not animals, they have manners, hmmphh! And how dare I insinuate that she is a tramp!! Double hmmmphh!! Well, I wasn't trying to do that...

7vajP0J.jpg

Then Palash suggests that Sofia might want to visit a spa tomorrow... now why would she want to do that? ;)

xr1YKWI.jpg

Sofia doesn't respond to his mentioning of the spa, and once their bellies are full, they get a doggy bag for the leftovers, because of course, they're not animals and hence know to not overeat. Palash has something on his mind now, and wants to be intimate with his wife, so he gives her a romantic hug, before he, for once, calls for a taxi to take them back to the beach house..

exnS0Lz.jpg

He wants to set her in the mood first, so he asks her to watch the stars with him for a while, before they go inside..

DXOiFvf.jpg

And a little bit of kissing too, of course, under the stars and the moon, like he has been thinking about all day. ;)

PkGjXtu.jpg

Then he suggests they go into the jacuzzi, you know, just to chill.. well, the beach hut doesn't have a tv, so there's no Netflix there, but the point still stands....

03DOQdN.jpg

He initiates the cuddle and some grey cat does its best to ruin the moment by jumping up on the back porch to meow at the door..

vztuqbz.jpg

Well, Sofia isn't stupid.. she knew what he was really trying to do it seems, so she gets up from the jacuzzi, but...

YlSOQZC.jpg

..well, she does go back in again, and they continue the cuddle until he leaves to go to bed, and well, nothing really happened.. what an anti-climax.. literally!

XDw8HFc.jpg

I'm guessing I pushed them to far here, it's already morning and they are both really tired now..

s94vU0y.jpg

As the sun now rises, Sofia goes for a nap by his side, and I conclude that they were simply to tired for woohoo (and trying for a baby...), so I'll let them spend one day to rest and recuperate, before checking if they want to try again a little earlier in the day some other time... ;)

B19OryR.jpg

Oh well, good er... morning!
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    Hello everyone, thank you very much for all for the comments already. My mind is a bit preoccupied with current events at the moment, given the Ukrainian border is located 270 miles east of my house. I just can't concentrate on any Sims stuff at the moment. Let's hope I'll see the Sims as a useful distraction again soon :smile: .

Hang In There @Turjan ... <3

Sorry you have a front row seat ...
    Keep your head squared away, and you'll be fine.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member

emorrill wrote: »
    Oooh, looks like I need to head over to your story thread again. :):star:

Please do :)
    emorrill wrote: »
    Aww, I love that Matt and Dee's family is growing. :blush:
    Anne looks great pregnant. 👍
    Ree and Bernadette still look as happy together as ever. Lol! :lol::p Doesn't look like the kids are too thrilled to be wearing matching outfits either. :lol:

Matt and Dee have 8 children now. :p
    Ree and Bernadette are bitter enemies, the only thing holding the family together is Storyprogression mod :D
    I would say the children are alright with the outfits, it´s the reason for the outfits that is rubbing them the wrong way. There is no school and everyone has to work the garden :D

bekkasan wrote: »
    I enjoyed the newest update in your medieval world. Summer was certainly a beautiful child. I can see her causing a stir in a few more years.
    Kinda hard to tell but the prince does appear to have blue eyes. The King's look light as well but no close ups of him in that update and I didn't go looking. :grin: I notice the servant's are blue as well.
    Great photo of the families. Some interesting genetics going on in the Treave-Sprinkle family.

Thank you, yes, the Schtick-Tex-Eyre-Septik-Treave-Sprinkle save will be interesting :D I´m using the random genetics mod recommended by @Turjan and so far I like it. :)
    I think you just summarized most Royal households in this post, they all look uncannily alike, don´t they? :D:p

Those houses look awesome. It seems you are having a lot of fun with that collaboration :)

@Sprottenham Interesting conversations :D Your sims look like they are having a blast on that roller coaster! :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you, I have found a fair bit of child cc :) I find searching for "cc finds" helpful.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options

I did open a new discussion about this, but it's possible that the Simmers here might have the answer to this faster than the general forum members.

I downloaded Sam Beckett and Al Calavicci sometime back when we were exchanging Simselves and other Sims. I am trying to find the creator of the Quantum Leap duo on the Exchange, but I'm having no luck with my search. Perhaps one of you downloaded them as well and actually documented the name of the creator? Or were the creator?
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks!

@Sprottenham Enjoyed the update. Looks like things are a little bit better between them.

@MantleJackal Welcome! I don't play with criminals either so that is interesting to know in case I ever change my mind. :grin:

@ZhakiraP lol, yes they do look eerily similar. :grin:
    Thanks for the comments. I'm enjoying building and seeing the new builds for this world. Lots of talent!

@texansky I know @emorrill made a Sam Beckett and had Al in her story. I don't know if she ever loaded hers to the exchange though.

Played in Supernatural briefly yesterday just checking on a few things and working on were outfits and genetics. Mostly played in Mary's save in between housework. This photo is from Supernatural as I can't share the Mary pictures yet. :grin:
    51908052756_de9a66a33d_o.jpg
  • Options
    Screenshot-146.jpg
    Brianna: You look upset, are you okay?
    Jacob was lost in his own little world, in the middle of the living room.He stood
    there a few minutes before he responded to Brianna.

Screenshot-147.jpg
    Jacob: Of course I'm not, I almost got you killed! I keep telling you
    the longer I stay here, the more trouble I'll bring.

Screenshot-148.jpg
    Brianna: Its not like I haven't dealt with problems before. I'm really
    not worried about it, besides Beau won't let anyone mess with anyone
    here.
    Jacob: And there you go again, being all sweet.You really are a special
    person aren't you?
    Jacob smiled as he studied Brianna's face.He took her hand and pulled her
    closer to him.

Screenshot-150.jpg
    He stopped and backed up, blaming things once again on his injuries.
    And excused himself from the room, leaving Brianna standing by herself.

Screenshot-154.jpg
    Miri: Look at me! I'm making a mess and don't have to clean it up.XD
    Beau: I'm gonna kick your behind! get out of there.

Screenshot-155.jpg
    Beau: - whistles- look at me little sister all dolled up.Where you going?
    Brianna: I promised I would go out with Kurt.
    Sarah: Kurt from the down the road? Sarah said excitedly.
    She always thought Kurt was a good match for Brianna, especially since
    they grew up together and he was part of her storm chasing team; he knew
    all about her craziness.
    Brianna: Don't get too excited mother, its just one date.
    Sarah: That works for me.

Screenshot-156.jpg
    Jacob: Brianna got a random question for you..

Screenshot-157.jpg
    Brianna: Yeah, what's up?
    Jacob: ..I forgot what I was going to ask..
    Brianna: Memory loss again?
    Jacob: No...you just look really beautiful.
    Brianna: Aww, thank you.

Screenshot-158.jpg
    Brianna: You gonna be okay with my mom and brother for a bit Jacob?
    Jacob: Where are you going?
    Brianna: I'm going out with Kurt for a few hours.
    Jacob: You...oh...I see..Yes, I'll be fine...don't worry about me.

Screenshot-159.jpg

Screenshot-160.jpg
    I really should go to a doctor Jacob said. Getting upset over
    a girl was not his norm. He started to worry that his injuries were progressing
    and not improving.

Screenshot-163.jpg
    Brianna: Ouch!
    Kurt: Oh, Brie, I'm sorry.
    Brianna: You really are just as clumsy as ever Kurt.

Screenshot-162.jpg
    Kurt: Is that why you dropped me from your team?
    Brianna; partly, you kept breaking out equipment! That wasn't cheap
    you know.
    Kurt: I know, but I'm more careful now, Brie! You should start up your
    team again.
    Brianna: I don't think so...I got a farm to run with mom and Beau.

Screenshot-164.jpg
    Kurt: Its getting late, got work in the morning.Maybe we can go out again
    sometime?
    Brianna: We're just friends Kurt, just wanna make that clear.
    Kurt: Friends is better than nothing Brianna, and go out as friends then?
    Brianna: I'd be happy to hang out with you again.
    Kurt headed for home, Brianna decided to have one more drink before she
    went home.Poor kid is so persistent She thought as she sipped on her
    drink.I made it clear we're just friends. If that don't work, then we won't be able
    to be friends at all.
    She thought; she didn't want to string Kurt along, and gave
    it to him straight; hoping he took the hint, but knowing Kurt, he probably didn't.

• Options
    texansky wrote: »
    I did open a new discussion about this, but it's possible that the Simmers here might have the answer to this faster than the general forum members.

I downloaded Sam Beckett and Al Calavicci sometime back when we were exchanging Simselves and other Sims. I am trying to find the creator of the Quantum Leap duo on the Exchange, but I'm having no luck with my search. Perhaps one of you downloaded them as well and actually documented the name of the creator? Or were the creator?

@texansky ^As I was rushing to find the link from the Exchange for my Sam Beckett sim to share with you, I was met with this Notification when I clicked on him:

Untitled.png

Needless to say, I'm not very happy. :neutral: I don't know how I violated the "Terms of Service" by uploading him. It's possible that there was some cc attached that I forgot to remove...I dunno.

But anyway, I can send you a SimFileShare link of him later if you'd like. :blush:

As far as Al Calavicci, Mikezumi kindly created him for me for my story. I dunno if she'll reach out to you on the other thread you opened, but if not, let me know. :kissing_heart:

But yeah I have the duo. :) It's possible the duo you found is not the same duo as mine and Mikezumi's, but......there's that. :blush:

@bekkasan Thanks for the tag. :kissing_heart:

More comments later! I gotta run!
  • Options

@emorrill
    That would explain why I can't find him on the exchange. I'm pretty sure it's your Sam Beckett.

I found a *.package file of him that includes quite a bit of stuff.

The _xml file has the following:
    package title: Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula)
    package desc: Here he is! The Quantum Leap hero you've all been waiting for! :) The sweet, caring and sexy Dr. Sam Beckett. Now he can leap right into your Sim worlds and put right what once went wrong. Enjoy! :)

c4e74b_f3bddce174004980a68b03f79de4d6ab~mv2.jpg

c4e74b_962d6e01dd6845a4966d9edc549571bb~mv2.jpg

The file contains one FACE, one SIME, 14 SIMO, five SNAP, a boatload of TXTC, and one UNKN listing. I don't really understand what all of them are for. I know _xml gives descriptions, SNAP and ICON show pictures. Other than that I'm clueless. :lol:

I tried copying the *.package file to both the Library folder and the DCBackup folder but he didn't show up in my Sim Library in Edit Town. I'm not sure how to "install" this package file. And if you don't have a copy anymore, I'd be happy to send a copy of the one I found.
  • Options
    Sometimes they purge things from the exchange that isn’t getting many downloads
  • Options
    @texansky Yep that is my Sam. :blush:<3
    (And my description. :lol: )

Hmm... You don't have to share his file with me (thank you though. :kissing_heart: ) But I can send you a clean .sim file of him when I'm back on my computer. On my phone responding at the moment. :p
  • Options
    Sometimes they purge things from the exchange that isn’t getting many downloads

@GraceyManor Really? :confused: Where'd you hear that from? Cause a lot of my stuff on the Exchange would be gone if that's the case... I haven't uploaded anything there in years.

I looked at their "Terms of Service" and I'm really not seeing how I violated it. I wish they would explain why (like in an email to me or something) before just deleting the upload because it drives me nuts not knowing. :confounded: Some of us would like to know what we did wrong. Because we didn't mean to do anything wrong. :( We're good people.

There is this bit, which I italicized some words for emphasis:
    Rules of Conduct

When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not:

-Publish, post, upload or distribute UGC or content that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute.
    -Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that EA (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.

I think because I put Scott Bakula's name in parenthesis next to the "Sam Beckett" character name, they determined that as too personal to the actor. Fair enough. And since I also used some of the words from the Quantum Leap opening in the Sim description they might've found that going against copyright. I really don't know, that's my best guess. 🤷‍♀️

I wonder if this happened recently - and they noticed - because of the news of the reboot...

I mean. I get it. They don't want to be held liable for anything. No hard feelings EA. It's all good. 👍

Besides, I can always send a .sim file of him to anyone who wants him via SFS. :blush:

Anyhoo! Carry on my friends. :)
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    I don’t have many days off this week so may not get comments done til possibly tomorrow after work. Probably no time to play though.
  • Options

@emorrill

Whenever you get a chance. I had to reinstall all the store content from scratch as when I went into the Farmer Challenge game it was missing items and I had Everything installed and then a little bit. I had been copying DCBackup and Download files, and moving files around between different The Sims 3 folders, and I think I may have gotten confused and messed it up.

I still have 242 store files to download and install out of 382. I have only Roaring Heights Gold and Midnight Hollow Gold as well as Fast Lane, Outdoor Living, and Town Life Stuff Packs to buy, and then I'll own everything.

And of course, I have two sims and a lot from @bekkasan and @Karritz that use one or all of those three stuff packs.
  • Options
    so, I updated the story with chapter 3, part one

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988373/my-story-corner/p1?new=1
  • Options
    TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,717 Member
    @emorrill @Emily4331 @bekkasan @Sprottenham @ZhakiraP @BlackSand and whoever else I may have forgotten: Thank you very much for your kind words, it's appreciated :heart: . Honestly, I feel a bit silly, sitting in my warm apartment with everything around me calm and then reacting in such a shell-shocked manner. It's embarrassing. I just can't avert my eyes. I feel sorry for people who have more tangible problems. Though, I guess, if you have more acute problems, you actually have to act, which may at least from a psychological viewpoint improve things, even though the situation will be objectively worse. I have to bring myself to go out more. Easier said than done though. Speaking of people with more tangible problems...

@Karritz I hope you are still okay, as it doesn't seem to look good in your area, as far as I can glean from half a globe away. I wish you and the people in your area all the best!

Let's hope I will get to comments soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top