Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,782 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 You're welcome, and thank you!
    Yeah, that works as well. I got the family cemetery next door to their house, so I sometimes send them there too.

@Cororon Yeah, I wasn't sure the first time I saw it, but figured out it was Bella.
    Lol, it was probably very easy for Toaster to lift weights. Probably just some kind of hydraulics in his arms.
    Great pictures!

@meerkattime It seems computers are good at letting us know when they are going bad.
    I was a bit worried about Windows 11 as well. But it seems my computer isn't compatible and I can't get it anyway.

@Silverofdreams30 Now I wonder what Gunther read, lol
    Thornton and Iliana look cute together.
    Hmm, imagine Hank talking to other women, lol
    Great makeovers!

@emorrill You're welcome. I've been reading more about some of the areas hit, and it sounds like Amazon made some bad calls before the tornado hit their warehouse in Edwardsville, IL
    I made them over, only issue was I'm not sure I like the clothes I picked out. That's the hardest part for me.
    Should be more Langerak's tomorrow, as I am playing after finishing up here.
    Dwight is definitely a good looking Sim. And with him, he's not just muscles, he has some smarts as well.
    Thanks, I love Daisy as well.
    Great job on Matt's makeover.

@imdragonit Great pictures!

@Karritz Great job on Dee Tex and Ree Treive's makeovers!

@ZhakiraP You're welcome, thought their history was interesting.
    Going to see what I can do about getting the mansion.
    Looks like your Langerak's are doing well.

@Shadow_Assassin I remember you.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Great job on Bernadette!

@Nikkei_Simmer Good idea, that way you can actually make them have four years.
    Nice renovations!

@CravenLestat Great job on the Star Wars home.
    Great pictures from the inside.

@venusdemilosims Great job on the makeover!

***Note to self, continue at page 4283
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer congrats on being mentioned in the highlights thread!

I think they're slacking off on picking up threads from SIMS 3 and SIMS 2. I don't think it's the folks that participate in those boards either. I think EA may be frustrated that there are people like the previous 2 versions a little better than the current. Just my 2 cents about it.

@bekkasan Thinking of you and sending you virtual hugs for this time of year. I know it can't be easy.

To anyone going through stuff, I know holiday time tells us we're "supposed to be happy" but let's face it, we've all been through it the past 2 years. All I can say to everyone who is not feeling particularly "joyous" is that I "see" you. Feel what you need to feel. Reach out if you think you can't pull yourself out of the dark.

Thanks to everyone who continue to share your creativity in pictures and stories. This week is going to be busy for me. The usual holiday madness, but I'm also driving to NJ and back to NY to pick up my Mom so she can spend the holiday weekend with us. Wish me luck! I'm hoping we'll all get along (Mom & I don't always get along but I'm trying!).

Happy Simming to all! For those of you celebrating, happy holidays. To those of you struggling, we're here for you. We need you here to share your stories. Sending love to all who want and need it.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    edited December 2021
    So I was trying out the makeover of Dobby: The Sim and Juan as a bonus, but I got distracted between M/B, TS2 and lifes day to day activities. Still trying to find some clothes for my Sims that I *really* wanted to get for Ashes and co though on the side.

Though I'll leave this here from what little of my save I played so far.

Ashe, you really do not want to do that... Even my want-based playthrough has to really step in and say "There's a time and place for everything, but this is never that everything!"
    lS63U7n.png
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,206 Member
    @Puddinroy

hey hey, thank you

@Brandontaylor

Ty, this is a short story so maybe 10 chapters
    total.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Thanks so much! :heart: I hoped you would like the little story I did. :heart: It's amazing what the sims inspire when you put them in the world.
    I never did get to the wrapping last night, but I will this morning.

@ZhakiraP Thank you so much! :heart: I've really enjoyed your recent posts and your makeover of Dee was so great I almost didn't use her. But, I could see her potential too and wanted to help her out. I will definitely use them in one of my saves.

@Silverofdreams30 I miss you too! I love your Christmas story and I'm waiting to find out what happens with the baby on the way and what Morgana is going to think. I'd be screaming and tearing his you know what off. :lol: She might have a little bit more class than me though. :grin:
    Thanks so much I enjoyed the makeover challenge and making up the little story. :heart:

@Puddinroy Hey! Thank you! :heart: It's great to see you.

@MamaSimTee Thanks so much. :heart: I find myself putting on that smiling face when all I want to do is curl up and cry. I personally think crying is therapeutic as long as I don't go overboard. :smiley: I love reading what everyone is doing in their games so this thread is a must to read everyday even if I have not been commenting like I used too. I hope you have a great week and that you and your Mom get along. I loved my Mom and we didn't always agree but I sure wish she was still around to talk to and even argue with. I miss her, my Dad and hubby very much. I try to look at my blessings when I'm feeling too much sorrow. I find joy in watching my grandson grow up. My son has become an amazing man and picked an awesome woman to partner with. They are amazing parents.

@Sorak4 lol, you should let her have what she wants. She might burn you to a crisp if you don't. Good luck with the makeovers! My grand was Dobby for Halloween. So adorable!

• Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,937 Member
    edited December 2021
    So I got a little creative with what I did to Juan as an extra, and I've got to show him first. I think he looks less like a male version of the Wicked Witch of the West and more like a green Snape I wanted to get a accessory hat orginally rather than those weird Supernatural ones males had, but I didn't want to reload the game so I stuck with Snape, I don't watch Harry Potter, but that was the first thing that called out to me when I saw his hair. I didn't realise he was an Elder until now either, oddly always thought he was the adult life-stage at most
    3OfBtTs.jpeg

Only CC is the scarf which fortunately hides the robes unrecolourable sections, and a CAS mod to allow extra big tattoos and on other areas of the body, to appopriately cover him.
    k1lQGPY.jpeg

He's covered in so many all green tattoos and face-paint to skirt the "no body changes rule" I had, it actually covers most of him surprisingly. You might still spot a few human portions though
    09GQLtF.jpeg

Oh Green Snape. Didn't see anything about lifestates either, so he fittingly got turned into a wizard.
    HHG75D5.jpeg

But Ree-Trieve... Oh you poor soul. I shaved off all of his hair, eyebrows and made sure to grab a toga CC from online.

I did one facial change to "Dobbify" him. The nose. I considered it a lot, but what would make him look more like a realistic Dobby between the eyes, head size or the nose?... Or in my considered case, sim height mod.
    4gKEMpi.jpeg

Dobby is afraid of Snape.
    6Dx02Rt.jpeg

t5YuyXu.jpeg

rRQm1rQ.jpeg

I intentionally gave him a Sunburn to see how he would look. Somewhat too red to be Dobby like that, but certainly if the sunburn was a lighter type, it would work perfectly.
    J49CW1m.jpeg

Maybe next time I'll find a calling with making over Sims without turning them into something odd, but that's my hardest challenge in the making. And I'll probably need a truckload of default CCs to help out.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    River: "Y'know, TWN (The Weather Network) said that we're supposed to get 2-3 inches of snow today"
    Haruo: "Really, sounds like the perfect time to hibernate for the winter."
    ILKidrl.jpg

Narrator; "Two to three inches, my rear-end..."
    0kIQsea.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,146 Member
    Chapter 16.1 - Part I - Lake Onebega – August 2022
    After leaving Sunset Valley behind, Oliver Freddy and Inge is now ready to begin their third semester at university..

dmpXqmY.jpg

It was a beatiful morning in August when they arrived back at the De Anda house by the shoreline of Lake Onebega...
    Oliver Freddy gets a wish to buy a laundry machine, which reminds me of the total absence of laundry items at their dorm.. well, not anymore! ;)

MQKm6sd.jpg

Gorr ba bib! Inge is happy for the opportunity to finally do some laundry.. However, their dorm wasn't build to include laundry machines, but lucky for them a couple of new laundromats had just opened in the area, so they would still get the opportunity to enjoy some fresh clean clothes..

Inge also immediately gets a wish to light a bonfire... It was so much fun last semester, wasn't it? ;)

KIGx74A.jpg

Oliver Freddy finds the post lady, Calista Montgomery, outside and begins talking to her about movies, and asks if they should go to the movies together. However, she isn't really to keen on that...

528Z11Y.jpg

Tag! You're it, she says and runs off the lot, and for a while Oliver Freddy thinks they are playing tag together before it dawns on him... Haha, she got you there! :P

xagQDDs.jpg

Inge is still being a couch potato, and has of course gone inside to watch the cooking channel...

KnI2dNz.jpg

Ah, and here comes the other students..

1ASC2a6.jpg

..and this guy, Skip Taylor, already finds Inge attractive even before he has stepped on to the lot! And among the students are some familiar faces too.

wUZiqZc.jpg

It seems that Ayana Yuki is now back to living at their dorm, along with Cody Eisenberg, Jonathan Dirk, Matthew Tellner and Daniel Vaughn. Liz Tarry seems to not have been wanting to return, though.. so maybe she did decide to travel the globe... Shame, I was starting to find her absent minded behaviour and repeatedly walking up and down the stairs for no reason to be quite endearing. I was even starting to like her purple hair and round face.. :P

6IZgsdF.jpg

Ayana Yuki walks inside to play video games, and Inge seems very interested. She is constantly watching her and is happy that she recognizes her as an art student..

voCYlKb.jpg

Jonathan Dirk sits down alongside them, and immediately begins talking about kids toys, but Inge, though she finds him attractive, displays no interest in him whatsoever, doing her best to keep her eyes on Ayana.

Update continues in spoiler:
    0BWf78s.jpg

"I don't want to talk to you Jonathan" she says, and Jonathan is clearly disappointed.

Kgppxzv.jpg

"..but I have feelings for you, Inge" he says.

j7pBjkb.jpg

"I know Jonathan, but I'm just not interested..."

JrXxGT3.jpg

"I already have plans to marry my Oliver Freddy..."

qye3qTD.jpg

"...and we are going to stay together until we die! And nothing can get in the way of that!"

1CUpQow.jpg

Jonathan: How can you be happy with him? He is always rooting through trash, and he smells like fertilizer!

Inge: Jonathan!! Seriously....

deqKpL8.jpg

Inge: I don't want to listen to this... LALALALALA!!

I check their relationship bar, it is in the red, and it is getting worse everytime he opens his mouth.. he should really shut up.. :P

DkHdrWK.jpg

Well, after this it was time for Oliver Freddy and Inge to go to the Connors Student Hall to pick up their new stuff for this semester.. finally an opportunity for her to get away from this situation...

uQloD87.jpg

Oliver Freddy is already well on his way..

2zvsdtC.jpg

After picking up their new items they go for a game of ping pong.

9YGDFFl.jpg

Their game is going nicely, until Oliver Freddy delivers a really hard and fast ball!

aeTQL5O.jpg

Schmack! Right in her face! Careful there! O_O

iMjBG7l.jpg

It wasn't to bad as she quickly shook it off and they resumed their game. Oliver Freddy ended up winning.. with quite a solid margin...

bwxcDzp.jpg

Inge goes to play ping pong with a couple of other guys and practice pool for a while, before she decides to head back home.

Am0Yxxi.jpg

Oliver Freddy wants to keep his straight A streak, and has gone downstairs to study already! I'm impressed, keep that up!

5gdV1s8.jpg

Once home, Inge gets an invitation to a bonfire party by Shannon Arkers that lives over at the Student Union for girls. This makes her very excited as she remembers how wild and crazy last semesters party was...

v0KLnOB.jpg

She heads over there as fast as she can and rings the doorbell, but is a little disappointed when nobody comes to open the door and let her in..

k8Mr8nN.jpg

So she decides to go for the university slogan dance right in front of their window. This should impress the girls and let them know she is one of the group and they will let her in, she thinks.

She is finally let inside, and continues doing the university slogan dance for a while, before she walks out into the backyard to light a bonfire, even though its raining.

KQkBIdM.jpg

She spends a good proportion of the evening outside by the bonfire with more university slogan dancing and has great fun doing so, even if nobody else is there...

w8EFDIf.jpg

Back at the Student Hall Oliver Freddy has been doing some research all by himself.. oh, it is clear who is the genius one of these two. ;)

2QnlxVD.jpg

Then he sends an anonymous admirer text to Nicole Lawry. She was pretty hot in that swimsuit at the party last semester....

taehwBm.jpg
    ---

XA9TRfJ.jpg

As he goes to grab something to eat, he finds Debbie Richards now playing guitar for money. She doesn't sound half bad, but is apparently not very skilled, as a notification pops up after a while that she just made it to level one of guitar..

TfbpA4Q.jpg

At the party Inge has finally made it inside to continue the slogan dance, but as she finds the other girls doing the same thing, she immediately begins booing at them...

Inge: That was pathetic! I am much better at it then you!

fxamcKH.jpg

Then the girls gather upstairs and continue that thing, all individually and at their own pace.

2yYnMcD.jpg

And when Inge spots the other girls doing it, she boos at them again, and points and laughs..

AtmIZpe.jpg

"Hahaha! You suck!"

There doesn't appear to be much camaraderie between Inge and the other girls here for some reason...

WccQmwC.jpg

"Booo! That was awful!"

Inge begins to think its time to leave, but stops for a while outside to compliment Hanna Germanotta that apparently lives there for her home, but she is not very receptive to the compliment, and immediately begins a fight with Inge where she calls her rude and asks her to leave.

GzJUTdE.jpg

Now I wonder what Inge could have done to come off as rude....

YK8JgF5.jpg

"I'm not making any friends here, time to go home..."

JQPiQGT.jpg

Oliver Freddy has been watching Debbie Richards play guitar for a while, before coming home just a short while before Inge. Both of them are really tired now, so its bedtime before their semester can truely begin again next month...

E9Tao6R.jpg

Nighty night. ;)
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    @bekkasan

Thank you, just a few more chapters to be
    done.
  • Options
    I am off work today so will more than likely play later on. I have makeover pics to post after comments, then one Langerak family post.

@Silverofdreams30 Great pic of Thornton!
    I like the Sunset Valley scenery pics.
    Yeah, and it doesn't help that he doesn't like children.
    I imagine Morgana won't be very happy.
    Great update!

@Cororon Great pictures!

@venusdemilosims Great picture of the Jolina-Plumb family.

@GraceyManor I have a feeling that Blake did it to her.
    I think the family at least suspects it.
    Sounds about right, police don't do much if they don't get enough information.
    Good, glad she spoke up.

@emorrill It should be posted soon, just finishing up feedback.

@ZhakiraP Neat picture of Agnes and Erik with Valentine.

@Shadow_Assassin Great update!

@bekkasan That had to be hard, seeing your husbands car going away. I was sad when my grandma's house was sold. COVID did make it hard to clear out items. That's a hard thing to do as well, we had to do it for several grandparents.
    His ears look a lot better.
    Great job on both of them!
    I like how you also made a story around it.
    It's nice that Dee and Ree are reconnecting.
    I like the formal outfits you picked for them both.
    That was a nice little story! Makes me have hope for Twinbrook, the Sims there just need a little help to be better looking Sims.

@Nikkei_Simmer Congrats on having your photo mentioned on Friday Highlights. I always check them to see if any of us are mentioned.
    Looks more like a foot of snow.

@Puddinroy Hi, hope you are doing well.

@Sorak4 Yeah, that wish isn't a good one to pick unless you do want a big family.
    He does look like Snape.
    Dang, he does look like Dobby.
    Now I want to do a Sims Harry Potter parody, lol

@Sprottenham Great update!
  • Options
    Anne T. Septik Makeover

ZwvQp4z.png
    First of all, here is a picture of what she looks like originally. This is a wiki pic as I forgot to get one before.

JSfRyxx.jpg
    And this is her afterwards. I felt like her mouth was the biggest issue for her, so I ended up only messing with mouth sliders. However, I do want to note that I made her eyebrows match her hair as I felt they were too light. Just wanted to be honest there. I see a few things I'd change further, but for the purpose of the challenge, I left them alone.

dXUN19m.jpg
    Since she is flirty and a great kisser, I decided to have her pose with moviemakercheatsenabled true. Took a bit to find a good pose, but here it is. I don't use Pose Player so used what the game gives. I also threw her into a fast loading world, and threw in the house Romagi made for me a few years back.

Vft3IQ9.jpg?1
    Everyday

WKhSDi3.jpg?1
    Formal

A5PD51p.jpg?1
    Sleepwear

AOWEqJu.jpg?1
    Athletic

hjdCcfq.jpg?1
    Swimwear

PDKbLNW.jpg?1
    Outerwear
  • Options
    Langerak Family, Day 171

5EwkMyj.jpg
    Like every day, the family got together to eat breakfast.

DrVC4nY.jpg
    I sent Daisy off to the City Hall to apply for the gardener career. She already has a level 5 in the gardening skill, and with money trees, will do quite well.

CDnKeHr.jpg
    Melanie wanted to learn more of the logic skill, so I sent her outside to practice chess. She is 90 days old now, and may not live a lot longer.

YJ7xd8q.jpg
    Quinton got John up from bed and fed him a bottle. John will be a child soon.

4a3XQO0.jpg
    Daisy came home to work in the garden. With the money trees, she was able to go from level 1 of the gardening career right up to level 6. It'll probably be a few days more, but then she'll hit the top.

qp2Qoy0.jpg
    It was time for work, but only Dwight had to go. Ariana and Harlan were off for the day, and I think I had Quinton retire.

QlHdV0d.jpg
    Upstairs, Quinton went to speak with Ariana. Then they started to get flirty and ended up woohooing.

yTVl8B5.jpg
    Harlan had his first interaction with John since moving into the house. I don't know how close they will get to one another.

AyGzNdN.jpg
    Not long after, John played with the xylophone.

A5WSFj5.jpg
    Daisy got the mail, which means a bunch of letters from potential lovers.

qpuP3PM.jpg
    Melanie went to the alchemy store to try and buy some elixirs. Unfortunately, there weren't any I wanted to get.

Ii3v1TP.jpg
    For supper, Quinton made burnt hamburgers for the family.

pQ932GC.jpg
    At a party, Melanie saw L4U-RN and had a nice chat with her. It was at the Landgraab house, yet that family has completely died off.

orFDlVr.jpg
    When everyone went to bed, a burglar woke them all up shortly after. Luckily, the police successfully caught the subject.

***Only 7 family names are left in the game: Goth's, Bunch's, Keaton's, Langerak's, McGraw's, Sekemoto's, and Wolff's.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment. Your Anne T. Septik remake is nice looking.

Whoa, that money tree looks useful! Hehe, at serving the family burnt hamburgers. ;)

----

Here is part two of the everyday life of my university sims. I wanted to get august and september over with in one go, to continue with autumn for the rest of my updates. There will be a short break now from me update wise, because of the holidays. I will try to pop in to read and make comments.

Chapter 16.1 - Part 2 - Lake Onebega - September 2022.

QNBmCGp.jpg
    Next morning Oliver Freddy was the first to wake up, and I caught him for the first time thinking baby thoughts, too...

Vt0Xwcl.jpg

Inge had woken up to prepare her usual morning waffles. She didn't want to eat the ones already on the counter, because Jonathan Dirk had made them... and Inge knows that she can make better waffles. All those hours of her watching the cooking channel on tv has not been without reward...

8H6M7Ex.jpg

Oliver Freddy doesn't care. He thinks waffles is waffles, but he does complain about them once he has finished eating and gets a negative moodlet for uneven cooking.. Inge is very satisfied with her waffles.

XmDOyjf.jpg

Then it is Inges turn to study.. She needs a lot more discipline to get it done compared to her boyfriend..

vaM9ir3.jpg

Oliver Freddy remembers how filthy their dorm had gotten by the end of the previous semesters, and decides to hire a maid. It makes everything tidier, and frees up more time that can be used for studying.. or fun...

a3QvgV2.jpg

Then Inge has to run off to her first lecture in "A taste of graffiti 102". Interesting what they learn as art students...

ODU67OG.jpg

SaVzrKb.jpg

Oliver Freddys lecture doesn't start until later, so he heads off to the Student Hall again. Last month he saw Cora Sidwell there, a one star celebrity among the students, and now he wants to meet her again. Also, the cars there are the ones that belong to Inge and Oliver Freddy.

ORoJVZw.jpg

Usually my sims will have their cars painted in their favourite colour... and this is when I noticed that Inge and Oliver Freddy actually has the same favourite colour. :P

pFk3pMh.jpg

Well, Cora Sidwell is not to be found, so instead he goes to do some more research on a fish sample he has collected, but his wish of doing research on a scientific sample is not fulfilled, so the sample probably wasn't scientific enough....

Update continues in spoiler:
    5Mkc32r.jpg

He is still happy with his findings, though, which apparently was something very extraordinarily. From the looks of it he should have a bright career in science ahead of him. This will be sure to make his mama proud, as if she wasn't already!

uucAgHS.jpg

Then it is time for him to run off to his first lecture in "Abstract theory about supernatural phenomena 101." Hmm, that sounds like an interesting topic for a science major...

kRq0pd4.jpg

A pretty shot of Inge running home in the rain after her lecture.

NE0jF0p.jpg

Once home she is making good use of the new tv that Oliver Freddy had bought and placed in their room.

lpqRbzR.jpg

Inge spends the rest of the afternoon practicing to learn the hole in two trick shot on the pool table. She doesn't succeed in learning the trick, though, so her wish to do so is still there.

RfyWtXa.jpg

She plays a little more with her trick soft ball, before finishing the painting she started last semester at a value of 99 simoleons.

iFbRF2h.jpg

UyYrMxE.jpg

The supernatural lecture has inspired Oliver Freddy to want a tattoo, and luckily for him a new beauty parlor and tattoo shop just opened during summer. ;) His new dorm mate Skip Taylor is also curious about the new tattoo shop and joins him in the car, and they immediately become a friend group.

AfFz14j.jpg

He finds the tattooist outside, and asks him for a tattoo, but he declines, so he asks him again. The tattooist declines again and says that they have closed, but he still asks him to follow him inside...

TF5XVHZ.jpg

He appears to give him a tattoo, but he does absolutely nothing and Oliver Freddy is not charged any money.

toXbp2J.jpg

Confused and tired and without any tattoo, Oliver Freddy decides to go home to his girlfriend, and call it a night. This also gives him some more time to think of what tattoo to get.. maybe a heart with his girlfriends name? Hmm, nah, to risky in case something goes awry down the line... A chess piece to honor his mom? Something related to science or being brave? Maybe the tattooist was smart in not giving him a tattoo.. him going there was a bit of an impulsive act, he had to admit to himself, and tattoos are pretty permanent!

CSPIEMB.jpg

He could really need to sleep on this choice, and decides to go to bed...

----

1mTznkQ.jpg

Inge has been sitting up waiting for him while watching the cooking channel, and once he is home and asleep, she decides to clean up some of the leaves from the lawn before joining her sleeping boyfriend..

y9dYWTg.jpg

Nighty night. ;)

As this will be the last update in this thread before the holidays, I am posting a christmas greeting from all of my Sunset Valley sims. All 42 of them! Or 43, counting the one that is still being held inside someones belly. ;)

fkqpPo1.png

Merry Christmas from all of them.. or Ooboo Kukla, as I think they would call it. :P

A few more of them lined up from different angles:

c6zHpwN.jpg
    Left side.

cxblqSn.jpg
    Center.

k7OwF48.jpg
    Right side.

freguCP.jpg
    Far right side.

qJrip6X.jpg
    Far left side.

These pictures is from a very simplified Sunset Valley compared to the one I play in (some buildings I have placed are missing in the background here), because when trying to save while lining them up all up, I encountered my first error 12's.. I will probably never do this again! :P Had I known it would be so time consuming...
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hello all.

I'm still working on the video. I completed it up to the point where I had played - both couples were boyfriend girlfriend.

Kendall-Karen-Chris-Constance.jpg

So yesterday I started playing again.

They spent some time at home completing a few wishes and the garden needed doing so Kendall and Karen got to work on it. Karen is still getting some extra gardening skill. After a while Constance joined them. She'd been working on a sculpture as she has a wish to place 5 sculptures. So far she's placed 3. And her sculpting skill improved somewhat. Kendall wasn't sculpting yesterday. But he still needs to make lots more ice sculptures. He probably won't get to 25 before the end of the series though.

Here are Kendall and Karen working on the garden.
    Karen.jpg

Kendall worked on a painting I don't remember seeing before. He grabbed it to take home when he finished it. Karen picked up her painting too (the one with the squares).
    Kendall.jpg

Constance joined them and it wasn't long before it was looking like new again. Since most of it has died and gone into the bin makes it easier and faster to get it weeded and watered and harvested. Karen got rid of all of the dead plants after they'd finished the weeding, watering and harvesting.

I got one couple engaged and gave them their wedding outfits.

Today I'll get the second couple engaged and give them their wedding outfits.

I also gave Kendall a makeover. I always thought he looked a bit odd. I'm pretty sure I never gave him his new outfits when he aged up to young adult. He was the last of 15 so I was probably very much over it by then. I realised yesterday he didn't have a custom skin either. The only sim in the entire video that is stuck with a default EA skin. No wonder I thought he looked a bit odd. His face was so ultra pale it was almost snow white and his body was tanned so it was obvious to me he needed some work done. I took him into CAS and gave him Kurasobernia UH skin which made him retain his pale face but at least his body now matches his face. I thought his face was way too colourless so he got a little makeup and I gave him body hair as well.

Here is Kendall with his new skin.
    Kendall-After-Makeover.jpg

I gave him eyelashes and the facial hair doesn't seem to be visible. Maybe I didn't click it hard enough to apply it. He has lipstick, blush and eye bags. All are very transparent. Almost totally not opaque. All are custom content. The lipstick mostly provides texture to his lips but there is a tiny bit of colour at the inner edge of the lower lip. I had to do this as his face was completely colourless and devoid of form and I just couldn't stand looking at him any more. I didn't change his sliders. I was tempted to change his clothes too but thought not to do that as he's been wearing them throughout the rest of the video. His new skin and makeup don't change him all that much but new clothes might make him look like a whole new sim.

• Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Simmy I made 💕 💋 💞

6tUE33z.png
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    The McGraw family just died out in game. Only 6 familiar last names left in Sunset Valley now, with most being Langerak’s, Bunch’s, Sekemotos, and Goths. Keatons and Wolffs are close to extinction as there aren’t many left. Oh, and the Andrews are still around.

Edit: An Andrews was listed as Keaton, so Keatons are actually gone.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Nice updates and pics!

@Sprottenham Wow, I love that group photo! I hope their Christmas will be awesome!

@CravenLestat Pretty sim. She has model qualities. :smile:

I'm sick, but it's probably just the common cold. Runny stuffy nose, mild headache and muscle ache but no fever or cough, so I don't believe it's covid. I might have to stay home for Christmas. :neutral: But at least I have my sim family. :heart:

Spencer helping Jessica put the star on the Christmas tree.

pLi4kt1.jpg

Jessica & Susanne :smile:

7CaW5Y4.jpg

It's hard to believe that Rex is the puppy's dad. :lol:

4lqRro7.jpg

Attack with the Claw! At least I tried to. It doesn't work as well with tweens as with toddlers. Oh well. :blush:

L0KuVrn.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited December 2021
    It's a few years since I posted in this thread. However, I couldn't resist doing the makeover challenge made by @emorrill
    Em, I'm surprised that you didn't include Lucy Ferne and Charmaine Manne in your options for makeovers.
    Lucy Ferne
    Screenshot.jpg

Charmaine Manne
    Screenshot-2.jpg

I chose Anne T. Septik.
    Screenshot-3.jpg

I didn't actually touch Anne's sliders at all. All she needed was a hairstyle, make-up and clothes more suitable for a middle-aged lady with the Neat and Artistic traits. (The hair is by Plumblobs and the makeup is by Miss Daydreams)
    Screenshot-5.jpg
    Screenshot-7.jpg
    Screenshot-8.jpg
    Post edited by wendyyi1 on
  • Options
    You all know how my River McIrish has progressed.

Well...EA's River McIrish...
    River_McIrish.png

...has progressed to:
    AVvXsEgSMZLKjDRY_zH2kylfpLwtFuZ6MwnFuWZzbNkQmzrgWNsukYdQLBH8fZWMhMEuOutvJpm883Dcmm_G_lK0gHK-zFXe--dc_waSf8zb2DasXLuxWyk7fOaXG8CizVc9DeMNSNidvSbu1hHf8X5kdnXLhH0WfgMfQJf-2yhAgMkdRpm06m7V4AGgRifAoQ
    "River McIrish-Chikamori" in her kitchen...wondering if the third round of Christmas cookies in the oven are just about done yet. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Hi, guys. :smile: I don't think I mentioned it in this thread, but I adopted a kitty! Her name is Peach and she's 8 months old. :3
    32bnrIi.jpg

She's super playful and a cuddly sweetheart. Sooo gentle, even when playing (though those claws do get ya sometimes :tongue: ). She's shaping up to be quite the big girl! She got used to her new home here so fast. Having her has helped a lot with the grief of losing Daisy. :heart:

She loves rubbing up against people's legs, which sometimes turns into vicious attacks where she grabs your entire leg and gives the tiniest little love bites ever. :3 She finds joy in the simplest things...like I watched her play with the water in her water bowl because the ripples fascinated her. :sweat_smile: Much like Daisy, she genuinely enjoys TV and will just straight up watch it. :lol: Especially anything animal related. I will occasionally turn on the Twitch channel "Turtles and Chill" for her, which is just some soothing music and live footage of this person's fish and turtle tank. :lol: She loves it.

And oh my god this cat adores food. Dante and Daisy didn't eat much human food. They both liked potato chips (Dante would just lick the salt off and Daisy would eat the chip :lol: ), Dante liked to lick peppermints of all things, and Daisy did have a sweet tooth - she liked Poptarts (only the pastry part), she adored puff pastries - both the cream and the pastry, but when it came to chicken and turkey both just kind of didn't care. Peach, on the other hand, was very happy to be here when Thanksgiving rolled around. lol And you can now be assured that you will have a very cute cat giving you these sad little meows whenever you're eating something because she wants EVERYTHING. :lol:

Anyway, I know I'm not around much, but I wanted you guys to meet her. :3 I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!
  • Options
    SpadaSpada Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi :)
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    Hi, guys. :smile: I don't think I mentioned it in this thread, but I adopted a kitty! Her name is Peach and she's 8 months old. :3
    32bnrIi.jpg

@Emily4331 - She's beautiful. :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    comments later just have to post my next chapter first

" A Christmas we will never forget"

Chapter four

4M4d0AH.jpg

Late evening falls over sunset Valley.

eOKYAuZ.jpg

Thornton decided it was best to tell Morgana what had been going
    on, over a dinner. Where no one would interrupt them so they stayed home.

mmXrJbE.jpg

" so Uhm, I have something not too pleasant to tell you, I had not
    expected anything like this to happen as I thought we were well protected"

d2H8wt9.jpg

" OMG, what? I know you have been flirting around with others since this is not a romantic
    marriage, but still I thought you would have more class than this
    " Morgana said and looked at him with
    an angry look.

" I'm sorry Morgana, I do not like this either, but I think I will have to support her anyway since it is
    my baby she's expecting"
    Thornton sighed, he had never liked children it was a trait of him that sat deep inside.

Morgana stared at him intensely

" Of course you have to support, I do not like this at all but you need to support her any way that you
    can, it's not the baby's fault it is you and hers whoever she is a fault that acted not carefully.

Thornton nodded

" You are correct of course, I know ours are not a romantic marriage and we can do what we like but still
    I do not like to hurt you, I hope you know that, thats why I wanted to tell you right away after I heard the news".

eOKYAuZ.jpg

Morgana was fuming inside, but she still was the calm person here, she had to be for
    everyone involved, she's an adult and she can not act like a child. After all, she too had had her fun
    around town so she knew where he came from.

To be continued

• Options
    edited December 2021
    @Cororon Thanks, I am glad you liked the group photo!

Your sims look nice and happy too, and I like the christmas tree and presents. You don't mind telling me where you found that tree (if you have the link)? :innocent:

I originally also meant to have them do more happy and celebratory poses to make a good looking picture. I did search for some, but didn't find anyone that looked like I had in mind, and by the end of it all, I was to tired to continue, so that's why they perhaps ended up looking a bit bland and boring and just standing there...

General question: In the pose player menu there is an option called "Use Current Pose" and I found it useful for making them stand still without mostly doing any special pose, but what excactly does this option do? Can it be used to give them a certain pose? In combination with the movie maker cheat? Obviously, I'm still fairly new to posing sims... I prefer mostly to let them do their own thing, and then build "stories" from there.... but every now and then it might be useful..
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top