Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    today sims 3 hates me.it crashed,processed for forever,and then wouldnt save
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited February 2015
    That's horrible MemoriiValentine. My consignment shop stopped working, so I had to undergo the tedious task of cancelling every item! My consigner is a gardener, and I had to do each item one at a time. Blah! Got it working again though.
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    oh my! i'm glad you got it working again.i had gotten a couple high in their skills ,like lvl 7 then went to save and it wouldnt :( maybe it will this time
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I ended up playing and it ran fine again though it'd hard to get them to skill up and I had one awful issue where free will was high and I had to turn it down.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited February 2015
    Wayne has had his 50TH work anniversary! Dan has had his 7th since he decided to quit before rejoining about 2 Sim Years later.

Wayne also likes to sunbathe in Autumn when it's around -7 Degrees
    Screenshot_419.jpg

I have also decided to add a underground Car And Boat Storage... But I also bury Papparazzi down there since they won't stop freezing to death on MY houseboat... Gotta move them to true rest....
    Screenshot_418.jpg
    (My Self Sim is also Best Friends Forever with the Gray car)

But at least myself Sim is not pulling faces like Ariel is at the moment.
    Screenshot_417.jpg

Grown up twins.
    Screenshot_420.jpg

I guess My Self Sim is Fed Up with the fact he hasn't won the lottery after a Win Streak
    Screenshot_421.jpg

Ariel will head Back to the Future and let's hope she is okay with it... She is a technophobe after all.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    "Oh Grow Up Ariel it's nothing."
    Screenshot_424.jpg

Why do they love the future only for exercising and dancing to 1970s songs?
    Screenshot_425.jpg

I may get a family Plumbot soon... But would a Ariel destroy it?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Haha! I love the boxes of Paparazzi in the underground garage, @RedBirdAngry ! They're sooo annoying... :s I just hope they won't come back to haunt your simself!
    Your venue looks interesting, @BlackSand. I join in with the others, waiting for it to come up on the exchange!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    @BlackSand your venue is amazing :o did you upload it to the exchange? :p
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @jillbg and @kiara07 ... I have been testing the venue, so it isn't up on the exchange yet.

All functions are working and no glitches ... But I am working on coding areas to provide more options (Club Dance and whatnot).
    There aren't any "traffic" problems but the game still pushes most Sims on site towards your "active" Sim(s).
    I think there are some ways I can route more activity throughout the club and still need to work on that.

Going to add a few tables downstairs ... It seems as though the Sims that show up are always hungry.
    They eat more than they drink ... Might add a buffet table as well to free up some traffic at the bar.
    Just little things I still need to work on as I see how it plays out.

Then I have to upgrade all the bathroom facilities, hot tub and sinks (not hard, just takes Sim time).
    After all that, I will make a few lighting revisions ... Then test everything again, playing it for a while.
    You always see stuff you missed before when playing things out (an unfinished spot of ceiling somewhere etc ...).
    It doesn't take me long to build a venue ... But it takes me a while to make sure it works right.

I am going to get right on that play the game some today.
    Thanks again for the kind comments ... Greatly appreciated!

@ACB44 ... Thanks for the nice comments.

@RedBirdAngry ...
    Using your "basement in the houseboat to store excess vehicles works fine because I do that myself.
    Storing dead paparazzi there may result in reoccurring ghost problems though ... Which are okay until they start working out with the stereo at 2:00 in the morning.

Sunbathing on a cold cloudy day is and interesting endeavor, but I stopped trying to figure Sims out a long time ago.
    Ariel makes cute faces, although they look misleadingly innocent.

@MemoriiValentine‌ ... Sorry to hear you are having problems with your game ... I recently had a double whammy.

I lost power and was building a house at the time (85% complete).
    Most of the time I will do a few rooms then "Edit Town-Save" ... But I was "on fire" with the build and things were cooking good.
    Completely forgot to save ... But the power loss also wrecked the save on the town I was in anyway.
    Lost the build, the town and all the progress the Sims had made during that real life day.

Hope you have better luck with your game and I am sure some folks can help you figure things out.
    They help me a lot ... And there is still tons of stuff I don't know about the game.

Have A Wonderful Day Simming Folks!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    I managed to get the profitable bunny badge. I'm happy. Only took forever. Thought I'd never get there with my consignment shop acting funny, but!!!!!! I did.

85% done building and power outage!? URGH! I hate that. I save at least 2-3 times a sim day. Anytime I do something that I typically wouldn't want to repeat. I save. When I forget to save it's like .......................................... All that time GONE. Sorry to hear that happened. And that it messed up your town.
  • Options
    kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    @BlackSand I'm glad you're going to upload it :D
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I haven't played sims since late December. Haven't really been in a simming mood, lately.
    Lemme see if I can find a pic of my current family just to show them off. :D
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've gone into my third test of Movie Stuff and it's been working fine so far.
    @BlackSand-Your build looks great.I've done a lot of builds and I've had saves get ruined so many times I lost count before I started using Mods.I play with story progression on in my regular games and it's not EA's bug-fest version because it the NRaas Mod version and that's the story progression that actually works like it should.I had power go out once while I was playing sims and I just cut my game short so I wouldn't use up my computer's battery.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member
    edited February 2015
    Havnt updated my story for yesterday but well it was Tristan's bday. I wanted them to feel like wonderful parents and so they adopted another toddler and Mirra and Raphael had risky woohooed 10% chance once since Tristans birth and not 10 minutes after I adopted the little girl Mirra was like guess what! Im pregnant. O.O didnt really expect that now did I lol now I need to make a third nursery room lol
    Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Havnt updated my story for yesterday but well it was Tristan's bday. I wanted them to feel like wonderful parents and so they adopted another toddler and Mirra and Raphael had risky woohooed 10% chance once since Tristans birth and not 10 minutes after I adopted the little girl Mirra was like guess what! Im pregnant. O.O didnt really expect that now did I lol now I need to make a third nursery room lol

Oh wow! And at 10% chance...that's crazy! ;)

It's super late and I am finishing up chapter 18 of my story @EnchantedPrey. I should be done with it by midnight (MST). Lol! ;) Go check it out if you are still awake.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSand wrote: »

@RedBirdAngry ...
    Using your "basement in the houseboat to store excess vehicles works fine because I do that myself.
    Storing dead paparazzi there may result in reoccurring ghost problems though ... Which are okay until they start working out with the stereo at 2:00 in the morning.

Good thing Ariel keeps sabotaging the Stereo... Heck this one dead paparazzi ghost cleans my house up. Free night time maid.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Can't show any pics at the minute because I'm on my iPad, but there's a story I'm playing out in my game about a girl (Inessa) and her girlfriend (Kayeli) having to raise her little sister (Amulet) because their mother is neglectful, and mean to Inessa. Right now, it's at the teens having become adults and getting kicked out so the mom can move her boyfriend in. So now, they and the Amulet, who will soon be a child, live in a tiny house on their own. And I mean tiny! One bedroom and a bathroom. Kayeli works as a stylist to make money while Inessa watches the tot. Since there's not much to do in a tiny house, they go out to places like the library and learning to keep Amulet occupied and let her play with more toys than her bear and the abacus on her playpen.

I want Inessa to be an inventor, so on a few days Kayeli was off work, I had her do some hacking on the library's computer to afford a workable. The way I have this play out in my head is she stayed gone for two days and did it in secret because Inessa wouldn't approve since it's illegal and they could get in trouble.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So the future is going smoothly so far...
    But when you only have two Sims in the future waiting for them to get up is quite a long thing... But I have noticed Ariel goes to bed at the same time and wakes up at the same time.
    Screenshot_428.jpg

How to get Advanced Technology 10 quickly
    Screenshot_429.jpg

Paparazzi can't get in my house now. About time I could live with one of these.
    Screenshot_430.jpg

So I have got Food Upgrading 4 on my Food Synthesizer...
    Unlocking it was a pain. Screenshot_421.jpg

Ariel apparently wants to eat not on the dining table but decides to eat while watching her nightmares, why?
    Screenshot_432.jpg

But Does food that has Fish in it refill a mermaid's hunger faster?
    Post edited by Sorak4 on
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @BlackSand-Your build looks great.I've done a lot of builds and I've had saves get ruined so many times I lost count before I started using Mods.I play with story progression on in my regular games and it's not EA's bug-fest version because it the NRaas Mod version and that's the story progression that actually works like it should.I had power go out once while I was playing sims and I just cut my game short so I wouldn't use up my computer's battery.

@TadOlson ... I will probably get the NRaas Story progression (still reading the FQA's).

I have always kept my game clean because had little to no problems running it.
    I also build lots for the exchange and had hoped to test the lots under the same system requirements as the base game.
    Since most everyone still playing Sims 3 has Story Progression anyway ... Oh well, don't think it will matter with the testing.

That will set back my building for a bit though.
    When I add an EP, or in this case a mod ... I will mess around with it until I figure everything (interesting) out.
    Got to take the plunge sooner or later ... So much for the completely Mod and CC free game I have managed so far.

Thanks again for the tip and have a lovely afternoon.
    I had to spend all morning buying tires in real life ... Would have had a better day Simming.

• Options
    BlackSand wrote: »
    TadOlson wrote: »

@TadOlson ... I will probably get the NRaas Story progression (still reading the FQA's).

I have always kept my game clean because had little to no problems running it.
    I also build lots for the exchange and had hoped to test the lots under the same system requirements as the base game.
    Since most everyone still playing Sims 3 has Story Progression anyway ... Oh well, don't think it will matter with the testing.

That will set back my building for a bit though.
    When I add an EP, or in this case a mod ... I will mess around with it until I figure everything (interesting) out.
    Got to take the plunge sooner or later ... So much for the completely Mod and CC free game I have managed so far.

Thanks again for the tip and have a lovely afternoon.
    I had to spend all morning buying tires in real life ... Would have had a better day Simming.

With the Nraas mods you should also get Master Controller and Overwatch should clear the excessive Taxis that aren't deleted... You may want Woohooer if you want to control the bad attraction system. Also Errortrap will fix any errors that will arise over the playtime.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2015
    TT63_zps98d105e3.jpg

16251892460_fd1bbd9337_o.jpg

TT64_zps4cb205ee.jpg

TT67_zpsb5d7a09b.jpg

16413325356_1ebd87c7d8_o.jpg
    ^
    Post edited by KayeStar on
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    EnchantedpreyEnchantedprey Posts: 676 Member

But Does food that has Fish in it refill a mermaid's hunger faster?

its that "normal" food fills it slower then it does to other sims
    there is a few mods over at mod the sims that deal with mermaids
    including hunger drying and removing leg scales

Enchanting the world one moment at a time
    The Pink Plumbob Completionist Club Thread
    Why yes I do own the store!
    tumblr_mragciJXbT1s5ucs6o1_500.gif

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    @RedBirdAngry‌ I like playing my mermaid sim, but the hunger decay and dehydration can get tedious. I make sure she always carries kelp and fish in her inventory. Strange to see her eat raw fish. Luckily it looks like fish steaks, not the actual fish. I read that Shower-in-a-Can (WA) won't help with dehydration. It's attached to the Hygiene motive, not Hydration. Too bad. That would have been convenient in emergencies. :p

I gave my mermaid the Adventure trait and had intended to have her travel a lot, but after playing her for a while, I realized this could be a big problem. Maybe I should take a look at a mod, @Enchantedprey‌.
  • Options
    @Ianlyn I had that same issue with mermaids. I thought I would want to play one for an extended period of time, but things did get a little tedious with those needs.

Today in my game... since I have my game set to autonomously allow my sims to try for baby, when I wasn't watching them (which happens sometimes in a house of 8) I heard baby chimes. They got me! I was about done with kids for them, but they had other plans. Needless to say, I turned that feature off! No more unwanted babies. Although... sim babies can't truly be unwanted.
  • Options
    With the Nraas mods you should also get Master Controller and Overwatch should clear the excessive Taxis that aren't deleted... You may want Woohooer if you want to control the bad attraction system. Also Errortrap will fix any errors that will arise over the playtime.

@RedBirdAngry‌ ... Thanks for the tips, I just downloaded NRaas SP and it looks like it wil take some time to get to know.
    And that poor fella has a terrible look on his face ... I hope he enjoys the food after all that.

@SweetieKaye ... Cute baby, and that means something because I myself would have the "Dislikes Children" trait.

@Minx ... I have heard a lot of folks talking about playing mermaid or having them join the family.
    What am I missing because all I ever do is talk to them about sea life?
    Those Sim will also do the darndest things when you don't pay attention to them.
    You have to schedule their whole life or you peek back in and the house is on fire as dinner burns in the oven.
    While that is going on they are lounging in the sun on the back porch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top