Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you take vactions?

Eeek! :o My Sim really needs to take a vacation but I can't figure how to do that. Does anyone know how to take a vacation in Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    There is no way to take a vacation in the sims 4.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited January 2015
    If your sims have the vacation days, use the phone before work to call work. Use a vacation day is an option ... for adults and for child/teens in school. It will allow them to miss work/school without affecting performance.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    I haven't taken a vacation since the summer.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    If your sims have the vacation days, use the phone before work to call work. Use a vacation day is an option ... for adults and for child/teens in school. It will allow them to miss work/school without affecting performance.

Just be sure to make the call BEFORE the work/school day begins. Once it's time for the sim to leave, it's too late.

• Options
    Oh, and vacation days do not transfer ... so like when your sim child earns vacation days ... once he becomes a teen, he loses all his child vacation days ... same with teen going to adult. If an adult changes job, he loses all earned vacation days.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Oh, and vacation days do not transfer ... so like when your sim child earns vacation days ... once he becomes a teen, he loses all his child vacation days ... same with teen going to adult. If an adult changes job, he loses all earned vacation days.

Yep. Another point to remember is that as your sims work, they do earn additional vacation time. EA wants to make sure we all rush to download the Outdoor Retreat "game pack" when it's available, so they've given our sims vacation days. Isn't that generous of them!

• Options
    DaxtraDaxtra Posts: 2 New Member
    There is absolutely no option to call for vacation days or maternity leave. Those may have been added to the game but they are so faulty and glitched that the only way is to still have a sim who knows enough in the writing skill to fake a note for your other sims. Multiple times now I've been told both my sims could take time off for maternity or they have been complaining they want a vacation and no matter what I do I cannot get this so called Use Vacation Day option
  • Options
    I have my sims take vacation days all the time, yes it is in the game.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Daxtra wrote: »
    There is absolutely no option to call for vacation days or maternity leave. Those may have been added to the game but they are so faulty and glitched that the only way is to still have a sim who knows enough in the writing skill to fake a note for your other sims. Multiple times now I've been told both my sims could take time off for maternity or they have been complaining they want a vacation and no matter what I do I cannot get this so called Use Vacation Day option

You can take vacation as one of the options on the phone. I have done it

• Options
    DaxtraDaxtra Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2015
    Well, turns out an APPARENTLY outdated mod was to blame. It literally short circuited the entire system and disabled that option from even appearing. If anyone is having issues and has the Larger Interaction Queue mod, that would be the one to delete until further notice
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I think I heard other people report a problem with that mod and the new vacation days/family leave options. Glad you got it cleared up.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Barbi1Barbi1 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Gruffman;c-13141590"]If your sims have the vacation days, use the phone before work to call work. Use a vacation day is an option ... for adults and for child/teens in school. It will allow them to miss work/school without affecting performance. [/quote]

If my job is a downliadd mod so not the basics, is that the reason i cant find the vacation option?
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    No user made careers should work the same as the default careers and you should be able to take vacation days if your Sim have any. In the phone try the work section (the one with the briefcase icon) of the phone. If you can't find it then check to see if the career you downloaded is compatible with the newest patch. There has been some changes that came with the several of the patches that affected how custom made careers work.
  • Options
    Luxana49Luxana49 Posts: 8 New Member
    Can you take more than one vacation day at a time?
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    hey friends this thread has been inactive for quite some time so I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top