Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love the game but...

I'm really enjoying TS4, more so than the base game of TS3. I love how animated the sims are now and they express their emotion way better than in TS3 and I love how it really does feel like they are unique. I also love the art style and multitasking is awesome and I can see TS4 becoming possibly the best in the series when EPs start rolling out. I also love how smooth the game runs, I'm so glad it's possible that we can have rotational gameplay now as that is what I severely missed from TS2 when TS3 came out.

However there is just one thing I wish EA would change and that would be the loading screens between neighbourhoods. I don't mind so much if the screens were present when switching between neighbourhoods, but when it's between every single lot in the same neighbourhood is what gets me down. I know TS4 was also produced to be optimised on low end computers but I don't really see it being a problem if 5 lots were loaded at the same time.

What do you think about this? Will EA listen to us and make the neighbourhoods semi-open?

I hope so

Comments

• Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    They might do. They listened when we asked for moo and pools
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Having all the lots of a single neighborhood loaded at the same time doesn't sound like much of a strain on the computer, but refactoring the game to support that feature will probably be more effort than it's worth. I personally doubt that they would do that. One can hope, though.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Having all the lots of a single neighborhood loaded at the same time doesn't sound like much of a strain on the computer, but refactoring the game to support that feature will probably be more effort than it's worth. I personally doubt that they would do that. One can hope, though.

It's worth a whole lot to me.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I don't really mind the loading screens, honestly.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I would like it if each neighborhood of five houses were open, or if a downtown shopping district of say four stores were all open. It would be the best of both worlds, imo.
  • Options
    El_IncognitoEl_Incognito Posts: 130 Member
    I agree that loading between neighborhoods isn't bad, but loading to visit my next door neighbor is a pain.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    Oops that sounds like a really impossible request. Sorry but only TS3 can have that
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    The loading screens drive me up a wall.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited December 2014
    To be honest, they wasted a lot of development time introducing engine features that were completely cancelled out by the the way the game presents itself. They talked a lot on how they separated the simulation from the renderer - then, after all of that, they load each lot individually. What they did would technically have made TS3 run smoother and they then took that newly developed technology and crippled it with the TS4 engine.
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    I probably played The Sims 2 the most and got very used to loading screens. I don't mind a couple of quick loading screens in The Sims 4 compared to the 20 minutes it took to load my Sims 3 game (And then having it crash only to wait another 20 minutesfor it to load again). I do somewhat miss the open world concept but I didn't really wander in between my destinations very often and usually sped up time until my sim would actually reach the park/destination.
  • Options
    Strangely, the loading screens in Sims 2 don't bother me as much as the ones in Sims 4.
  • Options
    Well, you have to consider what loading screens in TS4 will be like in 4-5 years from now.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    The loading screens are not that bad considering other games that I played. One time I had to wait whole half hour just to get to the game menu. I would hope they would make it faster.
  • Options
    Yeh, but TS4 has virtually no content to load at present - compared to what it will have.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    The loading screens isn't the only thing that bothers me about the game, if they fix one thing I hope they fix more.
  • Options
    It seems like every time they fix something, they break something else. My game started glitching like crazy after one of the updates and crashed three times (not all in one session).
  • Options
    Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    As I said it's not the loading screens I find the problem because they're quick. I thought they could have incorporated the best of both worlds by having it semi-open though, like having your neighbourhood completely open and the rest of the world closed. I much prefer it to TS3 and I would choose animated and charming Sims over the dull TS3 pudding faced ones lol. And also I never really liked exploring the open world in TS3 as I tend to just focus on their lives rather than collecting etc etc.

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    The loading screens tainted my soul. If we didn't havr loading screens and family trees and toddlrrs were added I'd say it was a pretty good game.
  • Options
    I just keep my sims home and in their neighborhood.