Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vintage Modern Mansion: A DNA Build by suepea for VintageRage

suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 3 Builders
cover_zpse6a13adc.jpg
DL Vintage Modern Mansion here
View More Photos here
Well, VintageRage -- Happy Boxing Day to you! I have finally finished your DNA request for a Traditional Contemporary home.
Presenting Vintage Modern Mansion!
Screenshot-298_zps728c1aaa.jpg

A Bird's Eye View:
birdview_zps8bd986af.jpg

The Basement/Garage Level:
basement_zpsc3cc11a2.jpg

The Main Floor:
mainfloor_zps7e5ea60e.jpg

The Second Level:
2ndfloor_zpse6774a22.jpg
Vintage Modern Mansion was build in Aurora Springs at 7 Rock Ridge Road. It fits there very well. Since there is a lower level and the water table in Aurora Springs is high, you will have to be careful placing this lot so that the basement doesn't flood.
h2xmsbl]
Post edited by suepea on

Comments

• Options
    Here are some views of the property:
    (I thought some Winter shots would be appropriate -- Vintage Modern looks lovely in the snow!)
    Screenshot-310_zps33f75248.jpg
    Screenshot-301_zps602f2e18.jpg
    A summery view of the back yard:
    Screenshot-321_zps2f4b9d76.jpg
    The pool and the garden:Screenshot-323_zps0f4bad8e.jpg
    The Outdoor Kitchen:
    Screenshot-329_zpsd45575bf.jpg
    Some of my Sims enjoying the Play Yard:
    Screenshot-325_zpse2915a35.jpg
    A Winter's Night by the firepit outside the Tea House:
    Screenshot-299_zps707a3f07.jpg
    A cold night under the stars in the Hot Tub:
    Screenshot-304_zps8464cd96.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Now let's take a look inside:
    The main level features the eat-in kitchen, formal living and dining rooms, half bath and master suite:
    Here's the front entry:Screenshot-209_zpse700c322.jpg
    The eat-in kitchen:
    Screenshot-267_zps04dac6f0.jpg
    Screenshot-268_zps84769538.jpg
    Screenshot-269_zps8becfd44.jpg
    The Dining Room:
    Screenshot-266_zps9f93cb57.jpg
    Screenshot-258_zps3a38689c.jpg
    The Living Room:
    Screenshot-265_zpsb571b6a7.jpg
    Screenshot-211_zpsd1e1c289.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Now let's move on to the Master Suite:
    Screenshot-261_zpsf340ed86.jpg
    Screenshot-263_zps167a26a0.jpg
    Screenshot-262_zps44766a2a.jpg
    with it's Master Bath:
    Screenshot-289_zps5c7967f7.jpg
    Screenshot-283_zps994eba7e.jpg
    Screenshot-287_zpsbb137875.jpg
    Screenshot-285_zps621bc9df.jpg
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    You had asked for a Guest Bedroom on the first floor but the flow of the house decided for me. There is a Guest Suite on the upper floor of the house. I think you will find that it works well. So let's go up and see:
    There are 2 bedrooms perfect for your twin teen girl Sims connected by a Jack and Jill bath. Here is Bedroom #1:
    Screenshot-253_zps3735e9a4.jpg
    Screenshot-251_zpsd7643f23.jpg
    Screenshot-239_zps98780190.jpg
    and bedroom#2:
    Screenshot-252_zps63344ed0.jpg
    Screenshot-241_zpsfb4df2ab.jpg
    Screenshot-242_zps11a0c04c.jpg
    Bath:
    Image to come
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Next is the Guest Room with it's own bath:
    Screenshot-238_zps5245d258.jpg
    Screenshot-236_zpsf6f19d8d.jpg
    Screenshot-237_zpsa8477501.jpg
    Bath image to come
    The upstairs hallway serves as a library. There is a coffee bar available for your Sims to enjoy a hot beverage when they read and relax.
    Screenshot-229_zpsb531532f.jpg
    Screenshot-230_zpsc0a0a7bc.jpg
    Screenshot-320_zpsaa753741.jpg
    Next is the office:
    Screenshot-231_zps96a4543d.jpg
    Screenshot-232_zpsfed984b2.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Finally on the upper floor is a bedroom, bath and play room perfect for a young boy Sim.
    Screenshot-314_zps202f4332.jpg
    Screenshot-316_zpsbceb9029.jpg
    Screenshot-318_zpsd615d143.jpg
    Screenshot-290_zps56331e44.jpg
    Screenshot-291_zps497503e2.jpg
    Screenshot-293_zps588c5259.jpg

h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Last but not least is the lower level which contains the Home Theater, the laundry, a mudroom entrance and a full bath.
    Screenshot-256_zps97d4f4e1.jpg
    Screenshot-255_zpsbc7e093c.jpg
    Screenshot-254_zps7bc199d1.jpg
    Screenshot-222_zpsaa610482.jpg
    Screenshot-221_zpsed61ba0f.jpg
    Screenshot-220_zpsab5c7905.jpg
    I hope this home plays well for you and that it fulfills all your requested items. All appliances and fixtures are upgraded to unbreakable, all fireplaces and stoves are fireproof.

I hope your Sims enjoy their new home!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Vintage Modern Mansion is a very nice home! :) The layout of the build is so very nice! Very nice exterior design of the home! Very nice outdoors areas! The gazebo tea house is very nice! The lights look pretty on the outside edges of it. Sims will enjoy sitting around the nearby firepit, warming up and toasting food. It looks so very nice how you have done the front steps and rocks, plants and flowers there! The outdoors pool area is very nice! The home looks very pretty in Wintertime covered in snow! Nice greenery covered trellis outdoors kitchen and dining area. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools or at the umbrella covered table there eating meals outdoors in the air. It looks very nice how you have done the playhouse and attached swing. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub under the greenery covered trellis. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! There are many great details right through the home! Very nice design of the kitchen! The island stove and bar stool counter is nice. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the counter for sims to see when cooking and dining there. The brickwork texture of the kitchen walls is nice. Nice corner sofa sitting nook area for sins to enjoy resting and chatting. The dinibg room is vety nice! The wall pattern that you have used is nice and calming, and gives a nice feel to the room for when sims are eating meals there. The blossom plant looks nice on the glass texture of the dining table. The living room is a very nice area in the room for sims to enjoy sitting resting on the sofas and have a read or a talk together. It is great that you have a bar thrre for sims to enjoy having a drink. The Christmas tree is a nice festive sight for sims to see in the room. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The master suite is very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the bookcases behind the bedhead! The clothes and shoes closet is great! Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst laying in bed. Nice window sitting nook area. The master bathroom is very nice too! Nice texture that you have used for the sink countertops. The bath tub alcove is nice. All the bedrooms are very nice! Very nice colours and pattetns that you have used for the bedrooms walls! It looks very nice how you have done the separate bed alcove in bedroom one and two! The boat themed boys bedroom looks very nice! Child sims will have lots of fun playing with the toys, using the stove, and using the activity taBoE in their playroom. The Loch Ness monster wall pattern is fun for them to see when playing there. There are many nice details throughout all the rooms of the home!
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Thank you, lovely Rose! I hope you had a Happy Christmas!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    VintageRageVintageRage Posts: 57 Member
    Hey suepea I just returned from Italy for my Christmas vacation and seen this wonderful Build! I can't believe how wonderful it is. I have downloaded and I am currently playing and it's better than your pictures even make it look! Thank you so much for this home! The family I have living there is looking at buying a Lounge/Bar or the like so I am thinking I will be putting in another request. Thanks again!
  • Options
    Hey suepea I just returned from Italy for my Christmas vacation and seen this wonderful Build! I can't believe how wonderful it is. I have downloaded and I am currently playing and it's better than your pictures even make it look! Thank you so much for this home! The family I have living there is looking at buying a Lounge/Bar or the like so I am thinking I will be putting in another request. Thanks again!

Italy, how lovely! I was just looking at some old vacation photos from Paris and feeling the travel bug bite!

I am so glad you like the house! It really was a pleasure to build it for you. Enjoy and keep those requests coming!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    CmnshtrCmnshtr Posts: 1,221 Member
    Great build Sue!
    h2xmsbl
  • Options
    Macaire13Macaire13 Posts: 39 Member
    I cant believe how nice this home is. Great walls and flooring. I love how you pieced all the furniture together. I love the outdoor kitchen as well. How long does it take you to build stuff like this? I can tell you put a lot of work into this and it is amazing.
  • Options
    Macaire13 wrote: »
    I cant believe how nice this home is. Great walls and flooring. I love how you pieced all the furniture together. I love the outdoor kitchen as well. How long does it take you to build stuff like this? I can tell you put a lot of work into this and it is amazing.

Thanks, @Macaire13! I am glad you like my build -- I appreciate you taking the time to comment. This particular build seemed like it took forever! It is a very large and detailed lot. There are hours and hours of work in this one! I get bitten by the build bug and can't stop myself :-)
    h2xmsbl]