Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Signature fail (ANY MOD AROUND? PLS)

Comments

• Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    uughh.. im so disturbed that no any mod is even responding to this. What exactly are they doing now to fix it? Its a common problem as we can see, so why isnt getting the attention it needs. I dont wanna start all over again with a new account, cause i earned stuff with this one. What is the progress in this issue??!!!
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    SimsFur wrote: »
    uughh.. im so disturbed that no any mod is even responding to this. What exactly are they doing now to fix it? Its a common problem as we can see, so why isnt getting the attention it needs. I dont wanna start all over again with a new account, cause i earned stuff with this one. What is the progress in this issue??!!!
    We saw that you have created a new account under FurSims. I have not submitted anything yet because the right people that need to see it are out on holiday. If you think this is going to be a quick fix or high priority issue you are sadly mistaken. As I stated earlier, someone would have to take on this task and I cannot guarantee even that's going to happen. But I will at least "try" to get the issue acknowledged and to the correct group via community management.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    blunote00 wrote: »
    We saw that you have created a new account under FurSims. I have not submitted anything yet because the right people that need to see it are out on holiday. If you think this is going to be a quick fix or high priority issue you are sadly mistaken. As I stated earlier, someone would have to take on this task and I cannot guarantee even that's going to happen. But I will at least "try" to get the issue acknowledged and to the correct group via community management.

That I created another account just shows how sad it is what we have to sacrifice things for others faults and priority settings.
    You are a member.. what makes you closer to the mods than others?
  • Options
    edited January 2015

That I created another account just shows how sad it is what we have to sacrifice things for others faults and priority settings.
    I've volunteered my freetime on the Sims 3 forums (old Jforum) pretty much since it opened back in late 2009. Started helping in GD then moved down to the Technical forums as it was/still is lacking support. Also helped out SimGuruRusskii and the Web Team with testing things on the site. I've worked in IT for 28 years and have a background in web and mainframe applications so I don't mind using that knowledge to help out.

There are quite a few members that have been doing the same. One person I can think of immediately is crinrict. Seriously where would we all have been and be without her bug threads. Now she has her own entire thing over on AHQ. There are a ton of Tech Responders that help in all the Tech forums now which is a true blessing as those particular forums can be overwhelming. Every person there is a member that volunteers their time.

Pretty much all moderators on all EA forums are community members selected for that role by someone at who works for EA. The process varies from one forum to the next but it's up to the CM for that forum. I can moderate on another forum and currently spend my time servicing both that one and helping out on this one. It truly is "my" pleasure to service the Sims community as it's unlike any other community around.

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • Options

I've volunteered my freetime on the Sims 3 forums (old Jforum) pretty much since it opened back in late 2009. Started helping in GD then moved down to the Technical forums as it was/still is lacking support. Also helped out SimGuruRusskii and the Web Team with testing things on the site. I've worked in IT for 28 years and have a background in web and mainframe applications so I don't mind using that knowledge to help out.

There are quite a few members that have been doing the same. One person I can think of immediately is crinrict. Seriously where would we all have been and be without her bug threads. Now she has her own entire thing over on AHQ. There are a ton of Tech Responders that help in all the Tech forums now which is a true blessing as those particular forums can be overwhelming. Every person there is a member that volunteers their time.

Pretty much all moderators on all EA forums are community members selected for that role by someone at who works for EA. The process varies from one forum to the next but it's up to the CM for that forum. I can moderate on another forum and currently spend my time servicing both that one and helping out on this one. It truly is "my" pleasure to service the Sims community as it's unlike any other community around.

good for you, but to be honest it is their job to fix this and even respond personally. Its sad that they use volunteers for it. No offense to you, what you do is more than kind;)

Anyway, ill just wait here and update the thread until it is fixed. I dont visit the forums anymore last few days, cause of this basically.

• Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Hi all

@blunote00‌ has kindly brought this to our attention. We are looking into it. No idea what the issue is so it may take a while. We will update you as soon as our tech people tell us what is going on.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Hi all

@blunote00‌ has kindly brought this to our attention. We are looking into it. No idea what the issue is so it may take a while. We will update you as soon as our tech people tell us what is going on.

great thanks for finally trying to fix it.. and big thanks to blue note ;)
  • Options
    and??? weeks have past now after months have already passed.. why no update? :|
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    and??? weeks have past now after months have already passed.. why no update? :|

I'm curious. What photo are you trying to include in your sig? Can you post it in the body of your post?
  • Options
    @SimsFur‌

I just put your animated pic in my sig and it worked just fine.

sig_zpscf33bcf2.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I'm having the same issue as @SimsFur. I wish the image link was the problem but, alas. :disappointed:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Megg87 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue as @SimsFur. I wish the image link was the problem but, alas. :disappointed:

What's the link to your image?
  • Options

@Megg87‌

You wrote the code incorrectly.

Please check out the Ikeda Legacy & ISBI Challenge!
    (You can find them in my discussions or at my blog: megglesims.blogspot.com)
    megglesims
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    If you want to include your origin ID, then it would look like this:

(You can find them in my discussions or at my blog: megglesims.blogspot.com)
    megglesims
    Origin ID: meggles87

To shorten it, you can do something like this:

You can find them in my discussions or at my blog: megglesims
    Origin ID: meggles87

To add either of these, just quote my reply and copy the code. If you don't want your siggie centered, remove the "center" commands from the code.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    @jonalin Thank you for your help but I promise you that it does not work. I just tried it again because I thought that maybe things had changed since the last time I tried (it hasn't). I'll leave it up to show you since the last time I changed it back. Thank you for trying, though! :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    @jonalin Thank you for your help but I promise you that it does not work. I just tried it again because I thought that maybe things had changed since the last time I tried (it hasn't). I'll leave it up to show you since the last time I changed it back. Thank you for trying, though! :smile:

Not sure why it doesn't work for you when it works perfectly fine for me shrug_zpsgf4hiv8a.gif Not really sure what the issue is.
  • Options
    I have asked for a status update. Not sure when I'll get one though it's been a bit hectic. ;)
  • Options
    @jonalin thank you but that isnt the problem, i know other people can use the same link i use and for them it works fine, some users are just unlucky and they STILL didnt fix it.. i dont even believe they are trying, cause this does not require months.. an expansion takes less.. :|
  • Options
    @jonalin thank you but that isnt the problem, i know other people can use the same link i use and for them it works fine, some users are just unlucky and they STILL didnt fix it.. i dont even believe they are trying, cause this does not require months.. an expansion takes less.. :|

That really is odd :| Sorry, wish I could be of more help.
  • Options
    8banshee8banshee Posts: 44 Member
    I have the same issue. Have tried everything to get a gif into my sig, or ANY image at all. No luck.
    tumblr_n90bytlbId1t0vum3o6_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    I have added this to my (ever growing) list of forum bugs.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    Well looks like I'm another unlucky user. I didn't think anything of it when I noticed in the last time I was on......months ago? Can't remember? Unfortunately, I am not surprised that it is still an ongoing issue.

I can't even make a standard text link because of the code issue. Guess I will simply have to type stuff out without links. *sigh*
  • Options
    IHasGamerIHasGamer Posts: 61 Member
    I dont know how to put on a signature :(
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/lJTRIa1IVH7gc" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/kill-sims-lJTRIa1IVH7gc">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • Options
    Sepheria28Sepheria28 Posts: 84 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm still having this issue too, just thought I'd add my name to this in case it gets fixed one day!

Still no sig pic for me :'(