Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Signature fail (ANY MOD AROUND? PLS)

SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
edited December 2014 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Seriously.. what is up with the signature settings. I paste the img url in it, but it only appears as an url. why not the image/gif? i dont think im doing anything wrong here. Its the same method as uploading an avatar.. Anyone knows whats up?
Post edited by SimsFur on

Comments

• cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    mi31oh.gif
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    I think the image might be too big.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited December 2014
    i can post in comments as well, but i want it as a signature.. Arent they resizing it automaticly for you.. ?? I tried smaller pics but it wont work eaither.. gonna try again

EDIT** i uploaded it as the size of an thumbnail and it wont work.. This forums says it will resize your img 250 px but i uploaded it even way smaller then that.. ive seen bigger signatures here though.. Trying this for over a week now
    http://i61.tinypic.com/mi31oh.gif[/img]

I believe the forum can't input the "200x150" setting
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    edited December 2014
    God.. never knew thranduil was such a pain in the .. xD

works fine for me I'll just leave it like this til you get back

A6aDuWw.gif

hold onto mine won't you?
    TL8ZBmw.gif
    edited December 2014
    so still not.. what is the exact link that u paste in ur signature, how does it look? can u put my thranduil pic as signature? Dont steal it -_- hehe

EDIT ** WHAAAAAT!??? i tried all kinds of gifs, pictures, even low quality like 200x200 which should be more than ok.. still doesnt work! im kind of going crazy and the customer service is out of order till after christmas :|
    Post edited by SimsFur on
  • CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    edited December 2014
    This?
    auk13p.jpg

Change the [IMG][/IMG] tags to [img][/img]. Hope this helps! :)
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
    edited December 2014
    YES that is supposed to be my signature, but nothing seems to work. Thanks ill try it now :)

EDIT ** @CowPlantForHire nehh, no succes..
    edited December 2014
    Huh? But it worked for me. See below.

Have you inserted the link using the black page icon near the text alignment icons? That's how I got it to work.
    edited December 2014
    thats so weird right??! I really dont get it. I dont think it has something to do with me as a member. I never had any problems why they wont allow me to change my signature.. I just never had a signature, cause i found it annoying but this one is totally worth it!

Now change it please haha xD
    thanks for showing me this, seriously, now i know that the img is not the problem.
    You're welcome.
    i am trying to connect with the customer service through the chat, but im allready waiting like 3 hours..
    pff after one week coming through EA's service, i am told to open a thread on the forum.. guess what? This thread is waiting here over a week now. I can wait till my grave :|
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    Do you have the "You can use BBCode in your post." when you create a thread or post.
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    blunote00 wrote: »
    Do you have the "You can use BBCode in your post." when you create a thread or post.

Yup.. as i am pretty long around on these forums, im not a new member as you can see.. Its so frustrating

SimsFur wrote: »

Yup.. as i am pretty long around on these forums, im not a new member as you can see.. Its so frustrating
    Okay. I will ask Nich to look and see if he can see anything weird. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited December 2014

I was once like you... I'm still waiting on an answer.

ETA: I meant that to be funny, I'm in the acceptance phase now. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Megg87 wrote: »

I was once like you... I'm still waiting on an answer.

ETA: I meant that to be funny, I'm in the acceptance phase now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will never go into the acceptance phase.. I FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!!!

B)

@SimsFur

We have had this issue before with several end users and below response is the same.
    Regarding signatures not displaying embedded content for some players like the one you mentioned, this is because BB code has been completely disabled. Those players will be limited to using plain text-only signatures with no hyperlinking or formatting. As for why that is happening, I cannot say.

Frankly, I have no idea how or why this happens but it's intermittent. Also I have no clue as to when or if they can even fix the issue.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. :(
  • EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    I've been waiting for an answer to this very question since October. At least your thread got acknowledged? Mine just has the sound of crickets in it.

It's not an intermittent issue. I have never had the ability to have WYSIWYG in signatures since I became a member soon after the forum went online.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers
    EngramAu wrote: »
    I've been waiting for an answer to this very question since October. At least your thread got acknowledged? Mine just has the sound of crickets in it.

It's not an intermittent issue. I have never had the ability to have WYSIWYG in signatures since I became a member soon after the forum went online.
    @EngramAu
    Hey don't I know you? ;) Sorry this is happening. This doesn't happen on the other forum does it?
    Are you able to add a signature using wysiwgy on the AU-NZ forum since you're a member now?
    I have both this and the other up at the same time.
  • EngramEngram Posts: 79 Member
    Yes, I am able to do everything over on the AU/NZ side now. I was going to phrase that differently but it sounded rather... dirty :wink: I've had the problem with my signature here from the start. When my status upgraded I got WYSIWYG in posts but not in the sig.
    All aboard the hype train!

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    #EAGameChangers
    EngramAu wrote: »
    Yes, I am able to do everything over on the AU/NZ side now. I was going to phrase that differently but it sounded rather... dirty :wink: I've had the problem with my signature here from the start. When my status upgraded I got WYSIWYG in posts but not in the sig.
    I might be able to use you as an example. Maybe they will be able to figure out where to start if someone on the Web Team (can't promise anything) is willing to look into this issue on the side. I would venture to say that everyone pretty much has their plate full with other issues of higher priority.

if they could create a new account for us and not loose the points, badges and the amount of messages we wrote here, they should be able to fix it. Why cant they just do that. If they can create this forum, than there should be a solution for it.
    Im sorry i cant accept not having my amazing signature, its too important to me.

And btw, i can upload any pic i want in a thread and all these gifs are working fine. When placing it in a signature, the problem occurs.
    If i use the tool where you click on the image button and place the link there.. as soon as i hit enter, the link just disappears.
    They have to fix this now