Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Really Like The New "You Rule" Tagline.

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2015
    What a bunch of pish posh. The very first EP was No, You Don't Rule, We tell You exactly what to do while your Sim is on the job. @Anavastia was correct and a year later they haven't changed the game one iota to allow Simmers to rule their games. Still no terrain tools and editing neighborhoods, no freedom from hand held daily task in careers, no connection between some EPs/GPs and SPs to expand the imagination of the player to use those objects to rule how they play with them, and or even free the objects to be used anyway if your Sim leaves the career.

So much for False Advertising.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2015
    According to that ad, TS4's idea of "you rule" is the ability to change your sims' outfits, push your sims around, and letting your sim kiss elderly NPCs. Very, VERY!, lame, IMO.

And an insult to simmers everywhere, considering all the customization options we used to have in previous versions that allowed us to rule 100 times greater than this game allows.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    I'm not into weird sims and stories. I hated that promotional angle and what it meant: decisions of shipping the game basically with only unconventional occupations and fairly ridiculous features, like half the walk styles and most of the emotional deaths.

With this new update soon to bring us more conventional work choices, I am pleased to see they are moving on to a brand new angle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4hVTV1bfbQ

You rule.

Yes. May that be the constant mantra on the mind of the game developers. Please, move from design decisions that force players to do very specific actions and, from now on, implement more and more tools that return The Sims to form, to being the only game where you control the game, and not the opposite.

We don't need The Sims to feel more like other games. We need to further set it apart.

I want to be the deity of my sim world. All powerful, having fate at my whim.

I want to rule.

I hope the new tagline is a sign of a new path we might be on.

I agree
    But lets face it.
    The new tag line is some crap business move by EA.
    I'd like them to use that tagline as a guideline but they probably won't.
    Knowing EA...

giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    I love to rule my cars and toddlers.
    giphy.gif
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    ShuffleJShuffleJ Posts: 273 Member
    We used "You Rule" when I was in high-school. Most of the execs and producers are probably my age (late 30s, early 40's). Kind of makes them sound out of touch.
  • Options
    According to that ad, TS4's idea of "you rule" is the ability to change your sims' outfits, push your sims around, and letting your sim kiss elderly NPCs. Very, VERY!, lame, IMO.

And an insult to simmers everywhere, considering all the customization options we used to have in previous versions that allowed us to rule 100 times greater than this game allows.

Small minds, small games. Small screens (mobile) small games. There may be a billion people who love Angry Birds and not feel it is a 'small' game but it's not a deep concept and therefore small.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ShuffleJ wrote: »
    We used "You Rule" when I was in high-school. Most of the execs and producers are probably my age (late 30s, early 40's). Kind of makes them sound out of touch.

Can you dig it? lol :p
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ShuffleJ wrote: »

Can you dig it? lol :p

84433811.gif

I dislike this tagline, though. Because it does not describe this iteration of the series. TS4 is more hand-holdy (yep, I made that word up especially for this game :tongue: ) than any of the other sims games ever were. When compared to previous games, there is more stuff that you can't do than stuff that you can. What do we rule, exactly? Do we rule when the game tells us exactly how to carry out our daily jobs, or maybe it's when the game tells us that we can't go across the street? :neutral:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Sharp. And true.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    edited August 2015
    I don't like the idea of you rule that much. In general terms yes, but I'd rather a more intelligent AI with their traits matching up to their actions, reactions and preferences. The fun in the Sims are the surprises and unexpected things.

General things - like others have mentioned - world creation, less handholding from the game. Less checklists etc.
  • Options
    PandaORosePandaORose Posts: 549 Member
    You know what? They are absolutely right when they said, "You rule." I do rule...my mind, my wallet, and with choosing games I want to play; so smart ;)
    2750512.gif~c200