Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROFILE PIC PROBLEM

I asked this thing again but now its been exactly 8 weeks (joined here on 10th October) but i still don't have the permission to change my picture!!! Why is this happening? Thanks guys.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,290 Member
    There was nothing stating that you had to wait 8 weeks to be able to do anything. SGBChick stated in their post that members who had joined the forums 8 weeks prior to the date that they posted about new/general members not being able to add or change their profile picture, amend signatures and edit profile pictures. You are still considered a General User which is why you still can't change your profile picture.

This is the link to SGBChick post which was posted on 10/24/14. This doesn't say anything about waiting 8 weeks to be able to do these things. People are misreading it where it says "people who have joined the forums in the last 8 weeks" and they are taking it as that people have to wait 8 weeks to do these things.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/796626/addressing-forum-concerns#latest

"Please be assured that we are investigating the recent issues that have surfaced on these forums. Pending our investigation, we are disabling the ability for General Users (people who have joined the forums in the last 8 weeks) to edit their profile, amend their signatures or create new avatars. We trust you understand that while this change may be inconvenient for some users, we believe it is a necessary step to maintain a friendly environment for everyone. We will keep you updated on our progress and next steps.

SimGuruBChick"