Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just wanted to share my happiness

Comments

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    > @astridentanja said:<br />
    > I'm really curious (because I feel quite the opposite myself): what precisely is it that keeps pulling you back into the game?<br />
    > I see a lot of statements in the OP and the ones supporting it, but I miss arguments.<br />
    > Me, I don't want to play the game (I'm even going to uninstall it to make room for Sims 2 for the moment). And I can tell you why: because there's nothing to do but collecting things and talking to other sims, I miss family play, I miss creating houses in my own style and the emotion system is a random roller coaster.<br />
    > <br />
    > So what is this magic you are referring to?<br />
    <br />
    What do you mean with no family play? There's a lot of new things here that on the past games camed just with EPs. And I noticed too that a lot of small things that were out of TS3 returned, that kind of basic things like: my kid just came back to school, the first thing she did was hug her mother, the parents and children seems much more alive than in TS3.<br />
    <br />
    The interactions compared to the base game of TS3 are MUCH BIGGER, the objects too, so what are you talking about?

People are talking about babies who are objects and toddlers don't exist. So *for us* family play is very lacking.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Glad you're enjoying it so much, @Osuperlegal! I love the game, too. I've stated in numerous other threads what I like about it, so I'm not going to repeat myself here for the benefit of people who have heard it all before and still want justification for our enjoyment. Some folks love it, some folks don't, and never the twain shall meet, the end.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    > I'm really curious (because I feel quite the opposite myself): what precisely is it that keeps pulling you back into the game?<br />
    > I see a lot of statements in the OP and the ones supporting it, but I miss arguments.<br />
    > Me, I don't want to play the game (I'm even going to uninstall it to make room for Sims 2 for the moment). And I can tell you why: because there's nothing to do but collecting things and talking to other sims, I miss family play, I miss creating houses in my own style and the emotion system is a random roller coaster.<br />
    > <br />
    <br />
    What do you mean with no family play? There's a lot of new things here that on the past games camed just with EPs. And I noticed too that a lot of small things that were out of TS3 returned, that kind of basic things like: my kid just came back to school, the first thing she did was hug her mother, the parents and children seems much more alive than in TS3.<br />
    <br />
    The interactions compared to the base game of TS3 are MUCH BIGGER, the objects too, so what are you talking about?
    What sparkfairy1 says (check out his/her topic, that'll give you a picture ;)).
    I realise things like this are personal, but to me autonomous hugging feels mechanical. My game is doing some kind of programmed trick (and all the time, even when I feel like my kid isn't in the mood to hug for whatever reason). It doesn't contribute to the way I feel about my sims. I do all the actions, that's the only way I can feel what they're doing. Because my own mind is behind it.

Family play for me means: a family tree (family living in the same world until they die and brothers not turning into strangers), diceased sims (their tombstones/ghosts) in my game forever, baby's not attached to their cradle (each interaction interrupted by putting them back in), kids jumping out of that cradle, my teen looking like a grown up (really, I prefer my strange-faced S3 teens, at least they don't look like an adult).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

Family play for me means: a family tree (family living in the same world until they die and brothers not turning into strangers), diceased sims (their tombstones/ghosts) in my game forever, baby's not attached to their cradle (each interaction interrupted by putting them back in), kids jumping out of that cradle, my teen looking like a grown up (really, I prefer my strange-faced S3 teens, at least they don't look like an adult).

The game has a hard set for population so it will not bloat the save files, that's The Sims team remedy for lesser leveled computers can play without problems. Babies can be attached to the crib if there will be other types of carriers added for babies to be attached to, doubt if they will be in strollers. Sorry, don't see much hope in the horizon for your wishes.

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    > <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    What sparkfairy1 says (check out his/her topic, that'll give you a picture ;)).
    I realise things like this are personal, but to me autonomous hugging feels mechanical. My game is doing some kind of programmed trick (and all the time, even when I feel like my kid isn't in the mood to hug for whatever reason). It doesn't contribute to the way I feel about my sims. I do all the actions, that's the only way I can feel what they're doing. Because my own mind is behind it.

The first thing I wanted to do with TS4 teens is kick them out of the house.
    Man, they look old. :D

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited December 2014

This is true and false. There are more variations of the same that's why you have the illusion you could do more things. For example you have animation "x" which is used for interaction "y", "z" and "a". Those interactions don't need to be in the same category. But basically they do the same thing. It's just an illusion that you could do more stuff. The impact is the same. Have you never noticed that you see a certain animation many times for different interactions? Oh well. Fore me it's lazy and cheating.

Overall there are a little bit (!!) more objects than in the Sims 3 but i don't care if i have 2 more plants to place if for example toddlers, pools, cars, "put random thing here" is missing.
    What do you mean with no family play? There's a lot of new things here that on the past games camed just with EPs

Can you please name some?
    my kid just came back to school, the first thing she did was hug her mother, the parents and children seems much more alive than in TS3.

Congratz, your child randomly hugged his/her mother. If that is a quality sign then sims 3 must be the best game ever. Do you can imagine how often this actually happens in my game?

But do you know what I like? I love to accompany my children as they drive to school. I love to see how all the children are arriving there, some come by bus, others come with with a bike. I love to see how they try to do their homeworks before enterin the bulding or just play at the playground. Also it's a pleasure to watch how everybody is storming out when school is done. Some hook up with their friends and go visit them, others stay there to play. It's so cute. Sims 4: Everybody is beaming around and has the capability to be everywhere at the same time.
    Post edited by HalloMolli on
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Clarkie100 wrote: »

I personally enjoy the game, some people do some people don't.

It's fine. Your good right to do so and i am glad you can. But that is not the point. Millions of people do enjoy small facebook-games. Does this mean a sims 4 facebook game would do justice to the franchise only because some or even many people would still enjoy it. No! And This game feels more like a facebook game than anything else. I mean, come on: collecting items, a doll house gameplay, no real drama, everywhere limitations, god 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options

It's fine. Your good right to do so and i am glad you can. But that is not the point. Millions of people do enjoy small facebook-games. Does this mean a sims 4 facebook game would do justice to the franchise only because some or even many people would still enjoy it. No! And This game feels more like a facebook game than anything else. I mean, come on: collecting items, a doll house gameplay, no real drama, everywhere limitations, god 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

It feels like a Facebook game to you. Not to everyone. Certainly not to OP.

The point of this thread, which you have missed entirely, is that the OP wanted to share their happiness, perhaps naively, and not be jumped on by people who are unhappy with the game.
  • Options
    Not only to me and this is a forum, dear MsPhy. A forum is a place where people meet to start discussions, where opinions are shared and not everybody has to agree (or be happy) with everything.

• Options
    Not only to me and this is a forum, dear MsPhy. A forum is a place where people meet to start discussions, where opinions are shared and not everybody has to agree (or be happy) with everything.

When you share an opinion, it is, by definition, your belief. I accept that you find the game somehow Facebook-like. Your statement, "This game feels more like a facebook game than anything else," sounds like a declaration of a universal truth. It is not. It is your opinion, and I accept that it is the opinion of an unknown quantity of others. But it is not a universal truth. That is my point, dear MolliMontana.

Share your opinions, by all means. You're right, this is a forum, and not everyone has to agree or be happy with everything said. My suggestion is that you share them AS opinions, and not as universal truth.
  • Options
    Clarkie100Clarkie100 Posts: 1,708 Member

Okay...

This game is not a social network game, it's a PC game. There's more to do than what you've mentioned, like raise sims from babies to adults, get them jobs, furnish their house, explore their neighbourhood and more. As well as being able to add more content through EP's. The Sims games are meant to be a dollhouse style of game play.
  • Options
    So to clarify this: you ask me to add something like "here is my opinion guys:" - before every critical sentence i write ? And Besides, we are not discussing opinions here. I refer to facts (for example: sims 4 is a doll house game)) and you can not just deny them by telling me it's my opinion. An opinion would be: "Yeah, i know but i don't care and still enjoy the game." Do not confuse opinions with facts!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    So to clarify this: you ask me to add something like "here is my opinion guys:" - before every critical sentence i write ? And Besides, we are not discussing opinions here. I refer to facts (for example: sims 4 is a doll house game)) and you can not just deny them by telling me it's my opinion. An opinion would be: "Yeah, i know but i don't care and still enjoy the game." Do not confuse opinions with facts!

I gave my opinion and said it was my opinion.

Like I said some like this game and some don't.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The Sims games are meant to be a dollhouse style of game play.

Why do you say so after experiencing The Sims 3? This is just wrong in so many ways. And everything you mentioned above is the last consensus the series has to offer. So your gameplay orizont (excuse me for this) is very small because you do not value what this game was and what it could have been. Instead you feel happy being stuck in your cage (family house) only because the game lets you rise children. Oh well...

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Why do you say so after experiencing The Sims 3? It's kinda wrong if you ask me. And everything you mentioned above is the last consensus the series has to offer. So your gameplay orizont (excuse me for this) is very small because you does not value what this game was and what it could have been.

How is sims 3 not dollhouse? And again, that is your opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Why do you say so after experiencing The Sims 3? It's kinda wrong if you ask me. And everything you mentioned above is the last consensus the series has to offer. So your gameplay orizont (excuse me for this) is very small because you do not value what this game was and what it could have been.

Sorry?

I've played 1, 2, 3 and 4.

3 is very similar to 4, and so are 2 and 1, each sims game is a great game in its own right.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I wish I was as happy as you are, OP.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »

Well it's a doll house if you play so =) . In reality it was a life simulation game within a huge town simulation. It was an opera by itself. The game created scandals, funny moments, overall great stories on it's own.

In the sims 4 the sims you do not play are the living dead. They do not have a real life, no wishes, no nothing. They are moving objects kinda like an animation player. They even ignore you if you start a fight with somebody. The community feels so lifeless. Actually this is NO community. This is the Truman-Show.

Edit: Nope, it's not an opinion. It's a fact that sims 4 is a doll house and sims 3 was a life sim within a town sim! It's an opinion if you say: i like the doll house gameplay better. Guys, get your 🐸🐸🐸🐸 together :disappointed:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »

Well it's a doll house if you play it so =) . For me it was a life simulation game within a huge town simulation. It was an opera by itself. The game created scandals, funny moments, overall great stories on it's own.

In the sims 4 the sims you do not play are the living dead. They do not have a real life, no wishes, no nothing. They are moving objects kinda like an animation player. They even ignore you if you start a fight with somebody. The community feels so lifeless. Actually this is NO community. This is the Truman-Show.

You can adjust their free will in the game options.

I've had sims kick over bins, throw rubbish out and do all sorts autonomously.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I know but it is meaningless if they do so because it would have no consequences for a reason i mentioned already 100 time --> this is no town sim anymore. it's a doll house with background-artist sims. You meet everywhere the same sims, they might be moving but everyhting seems so liveless. It's repetitive and that makes it boring. You have no surprises.

• Options
    edited December 2014

I've had sims kick over bins, throw rubbish out and do all sorts autonomously.

Yepp, it happens randomly. The game spawns angry or happy sims randomly. You do not know why they are mad because u can not follow them and nothing is a reaction to something if you enter a map (aka neighborhood). That's the point: They might be angry but it is meaningless.

• Options
    I know but it is meaningless if they do so because it has no consequences for a reason i mentioned already 100 time --> this is no town sim anymore. it's a doll house with background-artist sims. You meet everywhere the same sims, they might be moving but everyhting seems so liveless. It's repetitive and that makes it boring. You have no surprises.

There are surprises, sims taking a bath and playing with the bubbles. Sims starting fires. Sims not always turning up to work. Neighbours showing up to the house on their own.

If you are not happy with the game that's Ok, no one is saying this game is for everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

There are surprises, sims taking a bath and playing with the bubbles. Sims starting fires. Sims not always turning up to work. Neighbours showing up to the house on their own.

How old are you that you call these basic things "surprises"? :disagree: Seriously: an animation is no surprise to me. And that your "friends" frequently come for a visit was first a nice feature but it overstayed it's welcome. Now it's very annoying when several times per day person "x" comes for a visit. With surprises i mean: Drama that does not "reset" when you leave the map aka beam your sim to another place. Or sims trying to behace differently and not always forming clusters and going the the same places over and over again.
    If you are not happy with the game that's Ok, no one is saying this game is for everyone.

Yes, you are right. I loved 1-3. The sims 4 is an insult to the franchise. And yes, this was an opinion.

• Options

How old are you that you call these basic things "surprises"? :disagree: Seriously: an animation is no surprise for me. And that your "friends" frequently come for a visit was first a nice feature but it overstayed it's welcome. Now it's more annoying if several times per day person "x" comes for a visit. With surprises i mean: Drama that does not "reset" if you leave the map aka beam your sim to another place.

Yes you are right. I loved 1-3. The sims 4 is an insult to the franchise.

I'm going to be honest here, I think this is going no where. I'm not going to be drawn into an argument.
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    bobyo2001 wrote: »
    I wish I was as happy as you are, OP.

^ This is what it boils down to for many of us. I think it's wonderful that the OP and others are getting enjoyment out of the game and I'm not here to sway their opinion. Enjoy!
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!