Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This game is starting to suck for me.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @leogalas. yes, I know Riverside was on release, but the op is saying there were other worlds added by now.
    Riverview.

Riverview was available right from the start once you registered the game.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @leogalas. yes, I know Riverside was on release, but the op is saying there were other worlds added by now.
    Riverview.

I know, in fact I preferred it to Sunlit Tides ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Riverview.

I didn't get TS3 until 2012. I never played Sunlit Tides.
  • Options
    Riverview.

You could though, also in 2012 lol
    Anyway, it's Riverview, not Riverside ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Riverview.

You could though, also in 2012 lol
    Anyway, it's Riverview, not Riverside ;)

I could, but I don't see the need to. For 3, I like Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, and Hidden Springs. I actually love Isla Paradisio, but without mods it's useless. I never played Riverview either.
  • Options
    AlmaMMAlmaMM Posts: 200 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    But idiot (idi ot) is censored. See? Makes a whole lot of sense.

omg all this time i thought everyone was in on the joke that bad words should be written as "plum" i had no idea it was an automatic censorship! wow!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    rtucker wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I'm playing the game less and less now. There is nothing for my sims to do, no where to go. I'm not understanding why we did not get a third town by now. by this time in sims 2 and 3 we got a 3rd time. no store to add new stuff. and now we have wait until March to get ep which is find but wheres the store object and extra town, no christmas thing yet. This just sucks.

Yep the lack of venues is bad. We need a dance club,bowling alley,open resturents,open theater etc. And there isn't any hottubs. Those did give our sims more to do.

I downloaded some christmas content from cc sites but I'd still like to see it patched in from Maxis.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hottubs would really help a lot Maxis. I would love to see them patched in.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited December 2014
    I uninstalled my game. I tried to get into it, but just couldn't. I even tried the Room Challenge, briefly and a rags-to-riches challenge, but no go. I just kept getting bored, so I've reinstalled my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in hopes that my pawnshop computer will not have a hissy fit when I start to play it.

I would have installed the Sims 3 but I kept getting an error when trying to update, so oh well...it's TS2 or nothing. I may reinstall if I think the new patch is worth it and depending on what the new expansion pack is going to be. If it's more of the same old grind and checklists, thanks, but no thanks...EA/Maxis/TheSimsTeam. (Bah. I don't know how to do hashtags)

Keep your bros and angry poops. That's how I feel right now.
    Tomorrow might be another story, though.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2014
    I stopped playing sometime in early Nov., I exhausted everything I liked about it, and found there was nothing else to like about it. I'm not one to enjoy set in stone directives in a game like The Sims. It would not matter to me now if they added ten venues, open world/at least open districts, and or more and more land and a way for me to move the vacant lots around like I always have. That is way too much like the TS1 for me not to be able to move or place vacant lots anymore. It's too late I think for me. The 'gameplay' is one of my bigger problems, not just the other problems with the lack of freedom. It's like that time I complained and complained that the TS3 Sims don't interact and actually 'talk' without me making them do that while seated etc. Well, EA heard that I guess, not just from me, though I may have fussed everyday about it..and now that is All these Sims do. Talk, talk talk, can't even finish a skill book without putting it away to go talk. It's overkill and if you removed all the talking then a player might see there isn't really anything else 'new' in there, Sims aren't doing anything but talking.

The TS2 at least has the Sims starting a fight, or poking someone in the chest, and or slapping somebody, or the kid dancing on the dad's feet, or playing cops and robbers, or running around tormenting their sister, or the toddler get really nasty needing a bath (with no bath tub) because they played in the commode and made a big mess to really freak out the neat Sims in the household. Etc.Etc.

Sorry, TS4 team but what does your game offer? talking.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited December 2014
    Btw, whi isn't the word suck censored?

I was thinking the same thing :o

They must be sleeping, but I am sure they will catch it? LOL
    That's a separate filter. I can have it checked though. :wink:

ETA: Answer
    The word in question is allowed on the site - not a glitch.

Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I uninstalled my game. I tried to get into it, but just couldn't. I even tried the Room Challenge, briefly and a rags-to-riches challenge, but no go. I just kept getting bored, so I've reinstalled my Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in hopes that my pawnshop computer will not have a hissy fit when I start to play it.

I would have installed the Sims 3 but I kept getting an error when trying to update, so oh well...it's TS2 or nothing. I may reinstall if I think the new patch is worth it and depending on what the new expansion pack is going to be. If it's more of the same old grind and checklists, thanks, but no thanks...EA/Maxis/TheSimsTeam. (Bah. I don't know how to do hashtags)

Keep your bros and angry poops. That's how I feel right now.
    Tomorrow might be another story, though.
    I can't truly get into Sims 4 either and haven't played in weeks. I might play Sims 3 or 2 today as I have them both installed. If I don't play Sims then it's GTA V. :p
    Post edited by blunote00 on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited December 2014
    I stopped playing before the end of September. That's pretty bad considering as much as I disliked certain directions the developers went in with TS3, the bugs, etc., the base game of TS3 alone had me hooked for way more than that.

Long story short, it's 2014 and TS4 doesn't improve anywhere near the amount it should have for a game of this year. It doesn't improve anywhere near the amount it should have, being a sequel of TS3. It literally cut arguably the ONLY TWO major improvements TS3 gave to the franchise (open world and CASt), and I was expecting an improvement with both in TS4.

So, really, what's the sense in playing and rebuying the expansions? I'm only going to have a similar, and mostly, a worse experience than I already have with the other games. It just has advanced shaders and flat art style. Oh, and costs more too.

Meanwhile, other game studios are having no issue with actually innovating/improving on their past products.

0iXpYsM.jpg
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sorry, TS4 team but what does your game offer? talking.
    Yes, this sums it up really...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    I feel sorry for whoever is going to get blamed for Sims 4 at EA. They're going to have to go to the lodge (probably the Bohemian Grove)... meet with the EA royalty... and be given a book of matches, a compass, and a 15 minute head start.
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    I feel sorry for whoever is going to get blamed for Sims 4 at EA. They're going to have to go to the lodge (probably the Bohemian Grove)... meet with the EA royalty... and be given a book of matches, a compass, and a 15 minute head start.

Except that the people who are ACTUALLY to blame (upper management) will probably get raises and bonuses. :#
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    abbyshire wrote: »

Except that the people who are ACTUALLY to blame (upper management) will probably get raises and bonuses. :#

It's never the 'fault' of those at the top. Always the 'fault' of those at the bottom-because they are easier targets sadly :-(
  • Options
    MagnaSonic3000MagnaSonic3000 Posts: 89 Member
    I feel like the game was stripped of a lot of content, way more than it should have, considering the base game difference between 3 and 4, which is very noticeable. Multitasking only works half the time to do multiple things at once, but it actually caused everyone to start acting like derps. "Oh I feel like chatting, let me take my food all the way over here and then just stand here. Oh, I'm suddenly bored while typing up this book, let me turn the radio on for the 5th time and wake up my wife."

On paper it sounded good, but the way it's executed is either bad or just dumb.