Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Want Slow Dancing In The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    kylrifflekylriffle Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Cinderellimouse said:
    > I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. It wasn't personal. I'm just tired of wading through all the general forum drama to get to the real topic of discussion in general. It came out harsher than I intended it too and I am sorry. I just meant that I like your idea, but didn't have time to read the additional stuff.
    >
    > I'm actually finding this ideas forum much better! Everyone seems to be suggesting some really good things, an it has a nicer positive atmosphere than the general discussion forum! At least, when big-mouths like me don't come in and say silly things. :(
    >
    > Back on topic! I'd love a proper dancing skill, and maybe a career. All sims could be able to do basic dance moves, but maybe they'd be a bit clumsy and step on each other's toes? Then new styles could be unlocked at higher levels. I liked the dancing competitions in TS2 Freetime too. And the breakdancing! I'd love ballet as well. ^.^
    >
    > (I'm getting carried away)

Aw, you don't have to apologize. It's alright. I can definitely understand, and I didn't take it personally. *hugs*
    I'm actually finding this forum to be a lot nicer, too.

Haha, I'd love to see the dancing skill/career--and Sims tripping over each other while trying to dance, unlocking new styles (tango, swing, ballet, twerking was even mentioned) I could go on forever.

Then Sims can instruct others how to dance (maybe as an achievement after maxing the dancing skill?)
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Agree--slow dancing back please with all the actions that have been available in the past. Some of the other suggested animations sound fun, also--animations depending on traits, different type of dance styles, etc.

Might I also ask that if a sim asks another sim to dance that they actually face one another? If it's a group of sims dancing together, then can they all face towards the center of a circle? It looks really odd: I want to dance with you but *gasp* cannot bring myself to look at you!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    I agree about all the kisses to. We need more kisses. TS2 had way more then TS4 does and even more then TS3.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Thanks azsimmer1 :smiley:
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    it would make weddings more authentic. father and daughter, mother and son,

That's cute! I like the idea of it not necessarily being romantic, but maybe each dance has a special romantic interaction that only appears if the sims have a flirtatious relationship? So any two sims could formally waltz, but maybe romantically linked sims might have a 'dance closer' or 'dip kiss' option. 'Kiss up arm' has to be a tango option for Morty and Bella!

tumblr_ndiul82FOT1tjydheo1_500.gif

I like EmmaVane's idea of having genre specific dancing styles too.

yeah and for story purposes a parent could teach their child to dance. who says toddlers should be the only ones who need to be taught, teaching your child or inept teenager to dance for prom.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    azsimmer1azsimmer1 Posts: 492 Member
    I have always wanted a true dance career in the Sims 3 and it never really came to pass.. It would be awesome with all this multitasking and the body emphasis and the potential of having an open employment area in this game to really bring this kind of career to life.. Can you imagine a Sims Dancing with the Stars community lot where they have Celebrity Sims that the game generates come in and be a Dance partner to your Sim while At their job on the community lot..
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > Great idea kylriffle. I have sent it to the team.
    >
    > standard caveat: We love ideas, we look at them all, some of them might make it into the game, some of them might not. Please don't let that stop you putting your ideas forward.

Thank you for bringing this to their attention. It's so good to know someones paying attention to us. This game has so much potential.
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    I would love all of TS2 style dancing to be in TS4 and if they can add to those, well that would be just awesome.
  • Options
    simmyXshimmysimmyXshimmy Posts: 11 New Member
    bumpbumpbump
    I was just thinking about this :( I definitely want this back, along with new dances ex. ballet or tango. Dancing could even be a career! (I think I remember it being a career in the Sims 2 at some point but I haven't played it in a long time.)
  • Options
    Great idea @kylriffle. I have sent it to the team.

standard caveat: We love ideas, we look at them all, some of them might make it into the game, some of them might not. Please don't let that stop you putting your ideas forward.

Thank you for passing this along. Also we need normal dancing together were sims face each other when dancing.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    If we will get slow dancing back, I want it to be more like in The Sims 2 Nightlife, since it was more interactive than in The Sims 3 :smiley:
  • Options
    natpat100natpat100 Posts: 223 Member
    I really hope that this gets into the game! I miss all these interactions that we had in previous sims games
  • Options
    My Simself is dying to slowdance with his girlfriend Lily. ;)
  • Options
    DaniMcgeekDaniMcgeek Posts: 79 Member
    I love the idea. Like at weddings, the couple could have there first dance together.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Loved the OP's ideas and would really love to have actual couple dances like swing, or salsa or waltz .. the list goes on. I'd love to see my sims and other sims doing things like this at a themed party :). Or just on their own.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    matildacatematildacate Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes, all these ideas are so good! I also think that maybe sims should be able to dance to another sim (whether they were hired or not) playing the piano/violin/guitar etc. That would be so cute! I mean, dancing to live music? Heck yes!!
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    This is an interaction I am really missing from sims 3!
    Please bring back slow dance, either in a stuffpack or a free update for valentines day.
    I MISS IT SO MUCH to see my couples, and especially elder married sims, slow dance together to classical music in their livingroom. I loved watching them and I miss this dance.

I really like OPs idea!
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    One romance interaction i really miss is that Hardcore sofa kiss from Thesims2 when they jump on each other and kiss while laying on the sofa.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    > @SimGuruBChick said:
    > Great idea kylriffle. I have sent it to the team.
    >
    > standard caveat: We love ideas, we look at them all, some of them might make it into the game, some of them might not. Please don't let that stop you putting your ideas forward.

Thank you for bringing this to their attention. It's so good to know someones paying attention to us. This game has so much potential.

->BUMP

The slow dance is something that really need to come back! It was in all the previous versions, so why not in Sims 4???
    WE ALL want the slow dance back! PLEASE!
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    @LuvMySimz Agreed. I was just thinking about this the other day when I had my sim take his sweetheart out. I miss the slow dancing, it made it more romantic that "busting a move" on the dance floor. I think they should bring back the "Smustle" dance, that always cracked me up :smiley:
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    It'd be nice if a couple of variations of couples dances were added.

An ordinary, sedate couples dance, like how people dance with their parents at a wedding, a pseudo waltz.
    A more romantic, tango-ish style dance.
    And an energetic style like the lindy hop
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Please bring it back EA. My sims are dying to slowdance to that Jazz Radio Station the one with the soft piano.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    slow dance is great :) but I hope they consider making couple holding hands when walking, we never had this interaction before and I would like to see this coming.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    slow dance is great :) but I hope they consider making couple holding hands when walking, we never had this interaction before and I would like to see this coming.

Speaking of holding hands; remember in Sims2 how a coupe sleeping in bed were holding hand while sleeping??? I miss that also very much in Sims4.
    I WANT THAT BACK ALSO - Please EA, give us back the romantic stuff which made the Sims for us so adorable. Pretty PLEASE)))) ;)

• Options
    Please bring it back EA. My sims are dying to slowdance to that Jazz Radio Station the one with the soft piano.

I have custom music in my game most of it slow stuff and romantic classics, but what for? :(

• Options
    I just hope that EA will surprise us one day just like they did with the toddler patch ;)