Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is Lacking...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @Cinebar i may go off topic for a bit but some simmers like me welcome the fact that the sims4 is diffrent i do not know if you remember the sims2 trailer that they made the very first time that i am reposting here was it what we expected when they finaly realsie the sims2 well no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkxO2hrQFWA

this is what we have gotten instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc_VDWRAQo

in the end its not for us simmers to decide how the game is made it can happen mid production that they have to make mid production some major changes to the game this is what happen with the sims4.

now back on topic me in my case do not see the sims4 as lacking we need to learn patiance and wait for the missing content to return even if its via a patch dlc gamepack or stuffpack or ep patience is the keyword here.
    Ya what ever happened to the sims swinging on the ceiling fans I wanted that I was expecting it because it was in the trailer LOL But we never got it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2016

in the end its not for us simmers to decide how the game is made it can happen mid production that they have to make mid production some major changes to the game this is what happen with the sims4.

now back on topic me in my case do not see the sims4 as lacking we need to learn patiance and wait for the missing content to return even if its via a patch dlc gamepack or stuffpack or ep patience is the keyword here.

You just don't seem to get it. I assume that when you say missing content you're talking about places for Sims to go like the spa, on vacation or stuff like washers and dryers. It's not what so many of us are talking about. We are talking about bad, shallow and lack of creative game play.

I do have to add though....that TS2 trailer might have had some differences in it and the actual game....but trailers are like that....and sure was closer to the truth than this........this trailer didn't even show game play and now I think I know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLmN1D1P2RI

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    @Cinebar i may go off topic for a bit but some simmers like me welcome the fact that the sims4 is diffrent i do not know if you remember the sims2 trailer that they made the very first time that i am reposting here was it what we expected when they finaly realsie the sims2 well no

I can play other stuff while I wait, however, I would like some of my gameplay to return sooner than later. I have to go back to the other games to actually have 'fun'. I do like to build in this game but sometimes I get frustrated because it is limited even more than the other games even though it's easy to drag a box. But very annoying to have to use flat boxes (porch) for roof so there won't be any holes in a build when I could have done that by hitting shift click and one tile choice. So, it also has some annoying features. I won't mention the Lack Of roof choices.

If I can't play haunted grave yard (because of culling). Evil Sim who electrocutes, starves, drowns etc. in this game I have to return to the others to do that. Again another play style missing. Where ghosts haunt for a living instead of cooking and using the bathroom.

If I can't play families where they 'remember' grandma and grandpa (again the culling) then that's a second or third play style missing.

I can't play a guy in the military or many other careers missing because they aren't in the base game. I have to be painter boring or a writer boring to watch a Sim type all day, etc. So, there are many careers not in the game for my Sims to do.

I can't run a home business build or make anything to sell other than food but can't sell it at home to customers, another play style gone missing.

I can't play like my Sim is homeless and miserable because he/she is always happy and doesn't really need to do anything at all to get happy.

I have so many playstyles that can't be done in this game and then my creativity cramped by the lack of building tools that add to my way of playing my imagination I can only say glad you enjoy it but how many years before I can play any of this I just mentioned. Probably never..and I won't even bring up a full family with toddler.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    If you're sick of people bashing the game you could just ignore the thread…especially considering the main topic of it is the shortcomings of TS4 >_>
    It says lacking and I am allowed to express my opinion in any post.

Yes, but I'm sure you can find something to add to this topic that maybe gurus will read someday to find out what bothers players and why and you could add a few things yourself that you think it lacks in some areas. Surely it's not picture perfect for you either, or you would never need one more thing for it, and could play it the next ten years just as it is and never get bored or tired of it and never add one more tidbit of anything. I think it's more realistic to add what you can to a topic to make sure gurus know it's not all that but needs improved and things added that everyone could enjoy. Candy coated posts don't get very far, if you haven't noticed. I doubt we would have the changes we have seen if we had all been super sugary.
    And in addition to that, "CC will fill the gaps" is not going to work for me. CC is meant to spice a game up, not to save it.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2016

Ya what ever happened to the sims swinging on the ceiling fans I wanted that I was expecting it because it was in the trailer LOL But we never got it.
    So while you were waiting for a detail, one animation, others where playing their hearts out with that game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,549 Member

You just don't seem to get it. I assume that when you say missing content you're talking about places for Sims to go like the spa, on vacation or stuff like washers and dryers. It's not what so many of us are talking about. We are talking about bad, shallow and lack of creative game play.

I do have to add though....that TS2 trailer might have had some differences in it and the actual game....but trailers are like that....and sure was closer to the truth than this........this trailer didn't even show game play and now I think I know why.

well to be honest me i relly do not care about playstyle since i never let my sims age or die i have aging fully off and death is also turn off and for your info the sims4 is not lacking in term of creative gameplay my motto is just play and have fun for me creative gameplay is unimportant since i never let my sim age nor die its just a game and creativegameplay is not relly my thing
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

So while you were waiting for a detail, one animation, others where playing their hearts out with that game.
    I was playing it. I was just disappointed with the false advertising.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

well to be honest me i relly do not care about playstyle since i never let my sims age or die i have aging fully off and death is also turn off and for your info the sims4 is not lacking in term of creative gameplay my motto is just play and have fun for me creative gameplay is unimportant since i never let my sim age nor die its just a game and creativegameplay is not relly my thing

Apparently your creative and my creative are two entirely different things. I've seen you post about things you have your Sims do and I can see why you don't feel the same as I do.

I try to explore all aspects of a game and that includes a Sim from birth to death. I want them to experience all the creative things the game will allow and so far this game does not allow a lot.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MiamineMiamine Posts: 731 Member

See that guy dropping from the sky with a basketball in his hand. I've seen this basketball on some promotional material.

I'm calling it now, they made basketball available in the base game, then cut it out. It will turn up in a future game/expansion pack. The base game seemed light on content, because so much was held back for expansion packs. It's content made and cut out to sell you back at a later date. Same with the worlds from Get Together. They didn't come as a surprise because the draft shots were seen over a year ago before the game was even released for purchase.

That Sims 2 advert, yep, that was such an early build that most things got dropped, including the actual look of the sims, and that's if you don't account for the fire that supposed destroyed a ton of stuff.
    SIMS 3:YOU’VE NEVER SEEN THE SIMS LIKE THIS BEFORE! This #1 bestselling award-winner* is better than ever on iPhone and iPod. Contains direct links to the Internet; Collects data though third party ad serving analytics technology. EA may retire online features and services after 30 days’ notice.