Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Probably going to shelf the game for a while

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited December 2014 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Perhaps when there is another expansion with more items, it will be worth playing again. And if there are more items, I hope there are more lot types. The biggest problem for me with the load screens is there isn't that much waiting on the other side of them; just another bar, park, or someone's house (yeah, there are gyms and libraries, but so what?). A little more variety and the ability to make any kind of lot (the generic lot being used for nothing and drawing no visitors is simply ridiculous, but then again, there's not much to put on them, either).

The same goes for home life. Perhaps this is the way all sims base games were with few objects. But really, once you get done collecting, the observatory and microscope have no use; the old sims telescope, with finding planets and chance alien abductions was so much better. So that leaves the stereo, computer, chess table, TV, card table (which they won't use on their own), musical instruments, bar, books (which are wonky; I can't even tell half the time when they are getting close to finishing one, and I'd rather they left it in their inventory until they did), and gym equipment. Not a lot, really (I may be leaving something out). And raising a family is dull, dull, dull to me now. Babies are prisoners, toddlers don't exist. Kids are okay. But teens are so much like adults it's really hard to notice much difference. There's no swings to hang out on, no cars to learn to drive, no pranks to pull, no prom. They're just waiting to finish growing up.

There is a lot do collecting and finishing aspirations, but after you are finished or if you aren't goal orientated to begin with, it gets much harder to stay interested. The emotions seem to work in reverse to me; instead of using the chess table to get focused, I'd rather they chose to use it on their own more when they GOT focused. Feeling inspired, they should run to an instrument or an easel. Energized, go work out. Maybe it's supposed to work that way, but I don't see it happening much. Instead, because my sim is feeling inspired, he can paint better and make more money. Considering my sim has $340,000 and everything he wants, not a big selling point. Or he will have more inspired interactions to say. But how many people can tell the difference between a sim describing his dreams or having a deep conversation?

And I see nothing but pure laziness in this sims as far as assigning random sims to do things. I see the same group of maybe a dozen or so sims jogging around my neighborhood every morning. But are they the athletic ones? Of course not. And it isn't the outdoor lovers at the park, or the foodie or gluttons chowing down hamburgers and hot dogs at the common picnic tables. Traits do very little in this game; the sims who visit my house all act the same (although that is the one time active sims hit the gym equipment). It's not geniuses or geeks that rush to the computer, it's everybody. It's not the music lovers who dance, either. My sims in sims 3 showed their differences much more than these supposed "smarter" sims. Traits and the new emotions are under utilized.

I'll give them credit for creating a colorful looking world, and i like the way the sims look, too, and interact with one another. And it was a lot of fun for a while hitting the clubs and hanging around in the streets outside my place. But right now the closed world and lack of things to do in what is there really makes the game feel smaller than it should have had to. In exchange for making it so small (the lots, too; hard to even have a pool) there could have been a trade off with a larger variety of objects. And the number in the base game seems inflated, anyway. There are three punching bags, for example. I'd gladly trade two of them for a video game my sims could play with one another, instead of the two huge stand-up ones they play alone, taking hours to finish even one game.

I'll be waiting to see what expansion they decide on. Personally, I hope it's one that expands the lot options, which in turn requires more objects. But for now, It's just gotten too dull to play, and I'm even thinking of firing up my create-a-world town in sims 3, where there is so much more to do.
Post edited by ravynwolvf on

Comments

• Options
    NinjetteKisserNinjetteKisser Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes, yes, yes. You said it.

I'm going to try to play it again, since there is talk of a patch that I'd like to see, but yeah... It's been shelved for awhile now in this household. TS3 called my name and I returned, ha ha.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you for such a considered post-I certainly agree with you with much of what you said. *Hopefully* eventually they will hear us and make things better :-)
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You can prank other sims in The Sims 4. You have to advance the mischief skill. I forget if it was career or aspiration related.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Totally agree with you. Sims 4 does not hold my interest. My gameplay never has revolved around gardening, collecting, fishing and that is pretty much all there is to Sims 4. I am back playing Sims 3. If they have some robust premium content or Expansion Packs that comes out with Sims 4 I might return.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Totally agree with you. Sims 4 does not hold my interest. My gameplay never has revolved around gardening, collecting, fishing and that is pretty much all there is to Sims 4. I am back playing Sims 3. If they have some robust premium content or Expansion Packs that comes out with Sims 4 I might return.

What does sims 3 offer? Rabbithole careers. Whats the difference from disappearing off the edge of the lot to getting picked up in the appropriate level vehicle? They still disappear for the day.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'd rather get store content before the ep so I don't have to wait. I'm guessing May for epi 1..
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited December 2014
    One of the reasons why I easily got bored was also because of the worlds. Sure there's two, but they're so small ! Theres hardly anything to do in the community lots too. You go here then there, then here again and then there again ...
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

What does sims 3 offer? Rabbithole careers. Whats the difference from disappearing off the edge of the lot to getting picked up in the appropriate level vehicle? They still disappear for the day.
    As if The Sims 4 doesn't have rabbithole careers... like I said on the other thread, TS3 managed to implement hands-on careers such as firefighter.
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »

As if The Sims 4 doesn't have rabbithole careers... like I said on the other thread, TS3 managed to implement hands-on careers such as firefighter.

Ambitions didn't/doesn't hold a candle to OFB. Nor did the hoel mogul in IP/ or the lifeguard.
  • Options

Ambitions didn't/doesn't hold a candle to OFB. Nor did the hoel mogul in IP/ or the lifeguard.
    OFB is different than professions. You can't compare both.
  • Options

If you think that firefighter, lifeguard, or anything are like OFB you are wrong. The closest in S3 was hotel mogul.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Directed RPG, that is hampering at the moment. Like I have to play with evil or mischief to get a voodoo doll. I don't play evil sims nor do I like grown adults being mischievous unless they are goofballs or childish. Tell a couple of jokes and no matter what is the lifetime goal, they want to be a comedian. Nope, you are going to be a family sim that takes care of family. Now I don't want to let them be funny, all the whims will be telling jokes, being mischievous and writing a comedy routine. Oh yeah, I can ignore them but I will not get any satisfaction points. I feel tired instead of being entertained by this game.

You can say what you want about Sims 3 but me and my nieces are having a ball playing it now. No more patches and the modders have added all types of fun stuff to make the game entertaining. The tweens and teens here don't want anything to do with Sims 4. LOL
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options

If you think that firefighter, lifeguard, or anything are like OFB you are wrong. The closest in S3 was hotel mogul.
    Weren't you just thinking like that? You clearly said here that lifeguard belongs to an OFB EP.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member

I never play Sims 3 Rabbithole careers. My Sims are self employed as artists, writers, inventors, sculpters, etc. or I play them as ghost hunters or one of the other careers I can direct them to do. I never send my sims off to rabbitholes.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I've shelved the game already, only opened it up after the patches to take a look at what they added. But the game lacks a lot in terms of game play. I don't know if I will buy any thing more for TS4 unless it is amazing and wow, I've just got to have that. It needs to offer more for many different play styles. And fewer loading screens would help as well. I'm not playing anything Sims at the moment. I really wanted to love TS4, but I don't. I'm an addict without a fix. /sigh

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options

I never play Sims 3 Rabbithole careers. My Sims are self employed as artists, writers, inventors, sculpters, etc. or I play them as ghost hunters or one of the other careers I can direct them to do. I never send my sims off to rabbitholes.

The ghosthunter, lifeguard, and other careers are a farce compared to OFB.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    edited December 2014

The ghosthunter, lifeguard, and other careers are a farce compared to OFB.

In *your* opinion. I think they were just different. Both had their charms and drawbacks. I love 1, 2 and 3 and there were aspects from each that were fantastic, but also things that let those games down.
    Mylita wrote: »
    I've shelved the game already, only opened it up after the patches to take a look at what they added. But the game lacks a lot in terms of game play. I don't know if I will buy any thing more for TS4 unless it is amazing and wow, I've just got to have that. It needs to offer more for many different play styles. And fewer loading screens would help as well. I'm not playing anything Sims at the moment. I really wanted to love TS4, but I don't. I'm an addict without a fix. /sigh

Mylita

Me too Mylita, keep the hope tho :-)
  • Options
    Pensacola2010Pensacola2010 Posts: 229 Member
    I almost picked up the game for $29.99, then realized the price was not issue. I would have been paying for a game that I would not enjoy playing. I'm hoping they will change the infant/crib thing, add toddlers, and more interactions. I'm hoping they'll add lots of wedding stuff and fix the change-name-after-marriage thing. I will get it then, even if I have to pay more.
  • Options
    MrsLBSandersMrsLBSanders Posts: 73 Member
    Adding to the frustration - dating is sooo boring. the same silly goals and I can do it now in record time. Yawn.....wait for it......Why give me the option of going to the hospital to have a baby and there is no hospital to go to? Yawn......... wait for it.......... In S3 they actually danced TOGETHER . I will buy the next S4EP but I won't rush out or preorder. I'll.......... wait for it...........patched and on sale. Going back to S3 for now.
  • Options
    Adding to the frustration - dating is sooo boring. the same silly goals and I can do it now in record time. Yawn.....wait for it......Why give me the option of going to the hospital to have a baby and there is no hospital to go to? Yawn......... wait for it.......... In S3 they actually danced TOGETHER . I will buy the next S4EP but I won't rush out or preorder. I'll.......... wait for it...........patched and on sale. Going back to S3 for now.
    giphy.gif
    Luckily, we don't have to play pretend when it comes to Sims 3.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Perhaps when there is another expansion with more items, it will be worth playing again. And if there are more items, I hope there are more lot types. The biggest problem for me with the load screens is there isn't that much waiting on the other side of them; just another bar, park, or someone's house (yeah, there are gyms and libraries, but so what?). A little more variety and the ability to make any kind of lot (the generic lot being used for nothing and drawing no visitors is simply ridiculous, but then again, there's not much to put on them, either).

The same goes for home life. Perhaps this is the way all sims base games were with few objects. But really, once you get done collecting, the observatory and microscope have no use; the old sims telescope, with finding planets and chance alien abductions was so much better. So that leaves the stereo, computer, chess table, TV, card table (which they won't use on their own), musical instruments, bar, books (which are wonky; I can't even tell half the time when they are getting close to finishing one, and I'd rather they left it in their inventory until they did), and gym equipment. Not a lot, really (I may be leaving something out). And raising a family is dull, dull, dull to me now. Babies are prisoners, toddlers don't exist. Kids are okay. But teens are so much like adults it's really hard to notice much difference. There's no swings to hang out on, no cars to learn to drive, no pranks to pull, no prom. They're just waiting to finish growing up.

There is a lot do collecting and finishing aspirations, but after you are finished or if you aren't goal orientated to begin with, it gets much harder to stay interested. The emotions seem to work in reverse to me; instead of using the chess table to get focused, I'd rather they chose to use it on their own more when they GOT focused. Feeling inspired, they should run to an instrument or an easel. Energized, go work out. Maybe it's supposed to work that way, but I don't see it happening much. Instead, because my sim is feeling inspired, he can paint better and make more money. Considering my sim has $340,000 and everything he wants, not a big selling point. Or he will have more inspired interactions to say. But how many people can tell the difference between a sim describing his dreams or having a deep conversation?

And I see nothing but pure laziness in this sims as far as assigning random sims to do things. I see the same group of maybe a dozen or so sims jogging around my neighborhood every morning. But are they the athletic ones? Of course not. And it isn't the outdoor lovers at the park, or the foodie or gluttons chowing down hamburgers and hot dogs at the common picnic tables. Traits do very little in this game; the sims who visit my house all act the same (although that is the one time active sims hit the gym equipment). It's not geniuses or geeks that rush to the computer, it's everybody. It's not the music lovers who dance, either. My sims in sims 3 showed their differences much more than these supposed "smarter" sims. Traits and the new emotions are under utilized.

I'll give them credit for creating a colorful looking world, and i like the way the sims look, too, and interact with one another. And it was a lot of fun for a while hitting the clubs and hanging around in the streets outside my place. But right now the closed world and lack of things to do in what is there really makes the game feel smaller than it should have had to. In exchange for making it so small (the lots, too; hard to even have a pool) there could have been a trade off with a larger variety of objects. And the number in the base game seems inflated, anyway. There are three punching bags, for example. I'd gladly trade two of them for a video game my sims could play with one another, instead of the two huge stand-up ones they play alone, taking hours to finish even one game.

I'll be waiting to see what expansion they decide on. Personally, I hope it's one that expands the lot options, which in turn requires more objects. But for now, It's just gotten too dull to play, and I'm even thinking of firing up my create-a-world town in sims 3, where there is so much more to do.

Sometimes one just needs a break. If you put it away now, perhaps it will feel differently after the break. I have gone back to games after laying them down for a few years and discovered things that I had not noticed the first time I played. It will be there when you are ready to play again, that is the great thing about owning a game.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Big mistake your doing
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    > @Memina11 said:
    > Big mistake your doing

I hope you're not serious, otherwise I clicked 'LOL' on your comment by mistake.

Please elaborate on why they are making a mistake?
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• Options
    promiseofraynepromiseofrayne Posts: 48 Member
    TS3 was the matrix, it gave you the illusion that you were free, but in reality, we were all hostages to the machines (maxis and rabbit holes) LOL