Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Tell Me Everything That Is WRONG With ITF and/ or Showtime

I am thinking about getting one or both of these EPs while they are on sale. I have watched the reviews and while am not really interested in either theme, some of the objects look interesting. So, please, tell why I should NOT get them. I know that SimPort is big problem with Showtime - won't be using that feature, but can it mess up my game in other ways? What about ITF? I doubt if I will send any of my Sims into the future, but will having a portal in my game allow Sims from the future come into my neighborhood? Will NPC Sim travel into the future without my sending them?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I'm currently dl'ing ITF and wondering if I should have done that, haha.

I'm looking forward to hearing opinions from those who have it, too.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2014
    Not an ITF player (yet), but future sims may arrive in your world as tourists through the time portal only if you have NRaas Register and allow tourism from Oasis Landing. Such is not an intended feature of the game and is easy to switch off. No inactive sims can ever travel from the present anywhere autonomously, same as with WA and Uni World travel. It's not meant for them.

Sometimes some of the Showtime venues get stuck admitting visitors until almost the whole town seems to be trying to get onsite. Sometimes Simfests get glitchy. Either way, I just reset or, if annoyed enough, bulldoze the lots in question.

o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Why you should NOT get them..?
    Showtime: the songs your singer sing are terrible (I literally couldn't stand it, turned off the sound), once you played the three careers you're done with that, Starlight Shores is kind of a boring world, when you don't know any other simmers playing Showtime Simport is useless.
    ITF: the descendants are terrible (they're nothing but clones of one of your sims), ehm...

But: the magician and the acrobat careers are really fun to do, Showtime has genies (the best supernaturals in the entire game), Oasis Landing is very nice and so is timetravelling and I like the plumbots.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SuttiPuttSuttiPutt Posts: 3,620 Member
    You have to do errands to get to new worlds,but I love the huver board,flying cars and futuristic stuff.
  • Options
    CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    ITF - got it, never use it. I dunno, there is too much to do in the present! So for me it's just this time portal machine that shows up on your home lot and looks annoying. The items/clothes are not my cup of tea either.

Showtime - I kind of like the careers that come with it - not to play necessarily, but they are different from other careers in that you can experience their presence around town even if they aren't your character, but there's no denying it's basically a lesser version of late night. I do like making performance venues though. That being said, if you have the other EPs or store content, the showtime items that come with it (clothes, buildings, world, etc...) tend to end up at the bottom of the heap. It's just not as nice as other stuff the sims 3 put out.

I feel that Showtime integrates better into your home world than ITF. I like world adventures because it's a break in gameplay style, and I love tomb raiding; University is nice because it gives you a different structure as well and a ton of new things to do; Oasis landing doesn't really do it for me - I just don't see the point/purpose.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have a couple of write ups on them. I will quote them over. It will take two posts.

Showtime completes Late Night. It feels like and expansion on an expansion. Probably not so great if you don't care about Late Night. It adds to Ambitions too since it has three more professions. I never used Simport and other than some wishes to host another sim, I don't see much evidence of its presence.
    CK213 wrote: »
    It's Showtime!

ips-ts3showtimeloading.jpg
    A new EP and new drama concerning it. I can't say the drama isn't deserved. Bringing in a multi-player aspect to a beloved single player game and covering territory from a previous EPs (Late Night and Ambitions), plus that fact that it wasn't Seasons, it was bound to rub simmers the wrong way. For myself, I like it. All I can see are objects that Late Night really needs and I wanted them.

The first thing I did before I even bothered with the sims in the new town was raid buy mode to give my arcade and dance club the new objects.

Everybody who has it is probably so far ahead of me. I always go through and edit the town with aging and story progression off before I start playing seriously. I do have a stylist sim going around and giving the townies a little more style. I then follow up with some plastic surgery because there are a lot townies with pencil thin eyebrows, big eyes, ears, and noses.

I've been editing the town like a madman, but you can't tell by looking at the town. It looks the same at first glance. Things feel tight and I had to get rid a couple of minor ST rabbit holes just so I could put my custom lots.

I haven't started a Showtime career yet, or even hosted a Simport, but I have seen some entertaining performances. The game looks great and I am quite happy to have so many great objects to add to my arcade, bars, and clubs. Got pics to share.

Go Tigers!
    Screenshot-1195.jpg

Screenshot-1172.jpg

Screenshot-1174.jpg

Screenshot-1196.jpg

Screenshot-1168.jpg

Screenshot-1167.jpg

Screenshot-1169.jpg

Love the sign.
    Screenshot-1176.jpg

Screenshot-1184.jpg

Screenshot-1192.jpg

Screenshot-1193.jpg

She is unique, for sure.
    Screenshot-1188.jpg

But I had to tweak her back to normalcy.
    Screenshot-1189.jpg

Another made over townie she looks less like a cartoon character now.
    Screenshot-1175.jpg

I want to makeover some more Townies and I have a few more community lots to tweak, before this town is ready to play with aging and story progression on. I think Bridgeport will be next after I've played a career or two.

For some reason, Starlight Shores didn't appeal to me. I liked the homes in it, but I couldn't get into the town. This content just seemed to have more value in Bridgeport. So I went back and started a fresh Bridgeport. This is becoming a habit now--new EP, new neighborhoods. I was missing Edna Mode too. I never played out her life.

It's been a while since I've posted so I have a lot to cover. :-o

I finished Tweaking Starlight Shores with my stylist sim as well as playing around with the homes and community lot. It's all set now as a master save game.
    Screenshot-1201.jpg

So I'm moving on to Bridgeport. I have a ton of work to do there.
    Putting in the major Showtime rabbit holes wasn't too painful.
    Screenshot-1208.jpg

Love the new signs we have to add to the city.
    Screenshot-1212.jpg

Edna Mode is my stylist in Bridgeport again. I've worked with her before.
    Fun times. Now I get to to try it all over again only with cooler stuff. :thumbup:
    Screenshot-1213.jpg

This time Edna will have the Diva and Dramatic traits. She is so funny now.
    I have her compliment and congratulate herself at every opportunity.
    Screenshot-1215.jpg

Waylan's Haunt received a new addition and I got rid of the shuffleboard tables and put in proper pool tables. I still need a poker table.
    Screenshot-1217.jpg

Just having a power study of a photography skill book at the library. She bought it from the consignment shop. She also bought a nice camera. She'll need it for her stylist job.
    Screenshot-1220.jpg

Here is her salon.
    Screenshot-1232.jpg

As usual she makes them over and I apply plastic surgery to sims who badly need it. Lookin' good there...whoever you are.
    Screenshot-1221.jpg

Yes, you are fab, Edna.
    Screenshot-1231.jpg

I seem to have a shoeless bug. Some sims in career outfits don't have shoes, although this guy might be insane and is just walking around in his PJs.
    Screenshot-1239.jpg

I went around to all the clubs, removing VIP access, adding showtime objects, etc.
    Screenshot-1234.jpg

Edna doesn't cook. She just goes out after work, eats and dance like a maniac. And now that she can makeover sims anywhere, she's always on the job being a fashion cop.
    Screenshot-1236.jpg

I think this is the Brightmore. This looked like a good spot for the dance sphere.
    Screenshot-1242.jpg

Screenshot-1243.jpg

Sorry, this never got old for me in TS2.
    Screenshot-1244.jpg

Screenshot-1245.jpg

Screenshot-1246.jpg

Screenshot-1247.jpg

Classic.
    Perfect flooring for the dance sphere, by the way.
    Screenshot-1248.jpg

I am having a little problem in Bridgeport though: No Simfest.
    Screenshot-1240.jpg

I do have story progression off while I edit the town, so that may be why. No Showtime career sims around I guess. So I went into CAS and made a sim to be a singer.
    Screenshot-1250.jpg

You go, girl.
    Screenshot-1251.jpg

Then switched back to Edna.
    Screenshot-1252.jpg

Edna lived in this quaint starter home alone. The scooter is her vehicle of choice.
    Screenshot-1237.jpg

She's managed to scrap up some money quickly thanks to an unknown mine, spawning precious metals. :wink: So now she's ready to move out of here.
    Screenshot-1238.jpg

She still needed a roommate to make up the difference. I'm teaming her up with her old side kick from the first time I played her in Bridgeport.
    Screenshot-1255.jpg

Andrea was a school teacher last time. Now she's going to be a singer. I brought her in from the sim bin and forgot that she's the same sim from the last time. She has skills and is already a 4 star celebrity. Her singing is horrible however. I think I will skill her up on the karaoke before giving her a singing career.
    Screenshot-1254.jpg

Hmm...famous before actually becoming famous. :P
    Well, she's just a social celebrity now. She still will have to become an entertainment celebrity.
    Screenshot-1256.jpg

It looks like Andrea's celebrity connection's are paying off early. I had them group up for a bite to eat since Los Suenos doesn't serve food, or none I noticed.
    Screenshot-1257.jpg

Riding in style.
    Screenshot-1258.jpg

To humble locations.
    Screenshot-1259.jpg

Screenshot-1415.jpg

Screenshot-1414.jpg

Screenshot-1416.jpg

Screenshot-1386.jpg

Screenshot-13a1.jpg

Screenshot-1389.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    I love Into The Future, but I did have some issues when I sent my sims to the distopian future.
    I don't know if patches fixed that. I had sims and plumbots that I could not interact with. Changing households and coming back seemed to have fixed it. Ironically, I pick Showtime's Starlight Shores to play ITF. I used the IFT content to give the town a technological leap. I'm really not into the time travel aspect. I just like using the content to give my sims a technological advancement.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Leroy

Leroy had a break-in with no burglar alarm to automatically notify the police. Fortunately, the burglar was greedy and tried to ripoff several items.
    Screenshot-2779.jpg

This sent Leroy's Unstable trait into a tizzy.
    Screenshot-2780.jpg

Breathe.
    Screenshot-2781.jpg

He schmoozed with the officer a bit. He's still looking for a girlfriend.
    Screenshot-2782.jpg

His business is moving along.
    Screenshot-2787.jpg

I like that some of the customers are actually using the items they bought.
    Screenshot-2778.jpg

Screenshot-2783.jpg

Screenshot-2784.jpg

His business is now at level 3, the highest for this lot, and adding anything more to it will be just for looks, or something he really needs to have.
    Screenshot-2788.jpg

The property brings in 10,000 a week by itself. During a light week, Leroy could probably bring in another 10,000 with the Savvy Seller sales and consignment sales. He hasn't been making a lot of plumbots yet.
    Screenshot-2785.jpg

Leroy will go into serious production when he learns all the trait chips and has a capable partner.
    Screenshot-2789.jpg

Hello, capable partner!
    Screenshot-2790.jpg

Leroy met her through an opportunity. She wanted 3 trait chips.
    Flirting with the delivery boy ensued after he dropped off the chips.
    Screenshot-2791.jpg

He invited her over a couple of days later.
    Nice outerwear. :wink:
    Screenshot-2792.jpg

He asked her to stay the night and she promptly went to bed for she was tired. He woke her up to try to invite her to move in, but aliens had other plans for that night.
    Screenshot-2793.jpg

Yep, abducted for the third time, and the third time gave him an alien baby.
    Screenshot-2794.jpg

New rule: all alien impregnated males must go to the gym to try to work off the mysterious sudden weight gain.
    Screenshot-2795.jpg

They don't have a clue to what's really going on inside them.
    Screenshot-2798.jpg

Screenshot-2799.jpg

"Dude...?"
    "What?"
    "Uh...never mind."
    Screenshot-2800.jpg

Screenshot-2801.jpg

He went home to have it.
    Screenshot-2802.jpg

Screenshot-2803.jpg

No time for alien babies. Besides, he couldn't contact the alien that abducted him. The only way he was going to keep it was if she moved in to help raise it. They beamed itup to the mother-ship.
    Screenshot-2804.jpg

I think I will have Leroy always keep one robot until he has it tuned up to its highest quality and upgraded until it sells at a certain amount.
    Screenshot-2805.jpg

He finally got Ms Chen to move in.
    Screenshot-2806.jpg

He has a nice amount of cash in the bank. He has his eye on a really nice modern home up in the Starlight Shores hills, but nowhere near the money for it. They can afford this place, but it's not modern enough for the technology they will put in it.
    Screenshot-2807.jpg

Screenshot-2808.jpg

I did place a copy of the Urbanite home. It is the only home in town with the modern look and the right price.
    Screenshot-2809.jpg

I added the Oasis Landing's mailbox. It is much better than the base-game mailbox for this house.
    Screenshot-2813.jpg

Screenshot-2810.jpg

I think she will get use to all this modern and future tech.
    Screenshot-2811.jpg

She was in politics with a political lifetime want.
    Nah, forget the charisma. It's time for a career change.
    Screenshot-2812.jpg

She quit her job and took Logic, Handiness, and Science courses at the rabbit holes.
    Screenshot-2814.jpg

She spends part time working on her science skills.
    Screenshot-2815.jpg

The other part off the day she spends listening to a Logic Tab-Cast while she tends the register.
    Screenshot-2816.jpg

I am having Leroy get to know the big spenders at his store. Screenshot-2817.jpg

Thank goodness for plumbots. While they are at work, the handibot upgraded this so she can adjust her traits. She will be better at selling stuff at the consignment store. There are other features to explore that should come in handy.
    Screenshot-2818.jpg

I plopped my Nighthawks diner in Starlight shores. I liked it in Bridgeport and I like it here too.
    Screenshot-2819.jpg

It was intended as a hangout for my Private Investigator sims.
    Screenshot-2820.jpg

Leroy and Ms. Chen will enjoy stopping by here after a hard day's work.
    Screenshot-2821.jpg

Once the sell off their current plumbot, they will take a Utopia challenge to change the future of Oasis Landing. I am avoiding having a plumbot while time traveling for now.
    Screenshot-2822.jpg

I am still enjoying this EP very much. :D
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited November 2014
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    I am thinking about getting one or both of these EPs while they are on sale. I have watched the reviews and while am not really interested in either theme, some of the objects look interesting. So, please, tell why I should NOT get them. I know that SimPort is big problem with Showtime - won't be using that feature, but can it mess up my game in other ways? What about ITF? I doubt if I will send any of my Sims into the future, but will having a portal in my game allow Sims from the future come into my neighborhood? Will NPC Sim travel into the future without my sending them?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!
    ITF - Fun to play for 1-2 sim generations traveling to the future. But this is a specialized novelty which may wear off once you're over your new shiny moodlet.

Showtime -- actually a really good EP with some great content (if the distasteful celeb marketing of KP is ignored). Avoid the diabetes SP as it may give you diarrhea. Or better yet, watch lazygamers review of the SP. But don't let that dissuade you from buying the EP.

Showtime is the better bet as an EP IMO. Despite the pitfalls of Simport, it still gives you more content and game play value for your money. And if achievement gaming isn't your thing, then get the mod which unlocks all the Simport content. So you won't be stuck looking for a friend to host your sims to get those achievements.
  • Options
    I'm loving all the content with ITF. While it doesn't fit in with my usual style it will be absolutely perfect for my science and technology building in the educational campus part of the world I am working on. I've been putting off even starting that building and now I'm super excited to get started on it.

This EP does have heavy WA vibes to it, but thankfully I have always loved WA.

For eight bucks, I couldn't go wrong. Love, love, LOVE the glass floor tiles! I love the world as well. :)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Jessa_Dakkar, what stuff do you like for your science and technology buildings? I love sci fi shows like Doctor Who, Star Trek, etc. I even play Star Trek Online, but ITF just doesn't tickle my fancy. Could you share what you like so far, not game play but object wise. Since I bought SN only for the objects.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ahhhh! I just got out of the game a few moments ago.. I will be back in the game tomorrow morning and I will post it. I had fun setting out everything just to look at it all. It's going to be a great place to stick the stuff from University. I just love this stuff... even tinted windows.
  • Options
    CamillahaCamillaha Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2014
    You asked so I'm going to think of some flaws even though I like both EPs. So ITF only comes with one career, the astronomer. The quest the time traveler gives you are the same every time. And there's always seems to be a small risk of game corruption every time you travel whether it's WA or ITF or Simport.
    Showtimes careers get old fast especially the singer with the same songs over and over. I only simported a few times since it has a 50 % chance of working so I got a mod to unlock all the unlockables. Why do so many things need to be unlocked?
    And lastly: I feel wierd asking but this outfit... Is it lacking underpants or did simporting infect my game with a pantless version? When I first noticed the lack of .. pants, I was playing a large sim and thought that the mesh didn't work well with big sims but now I tried it on the skinny sim in the screenshot. So anyone want to test this outfit in their game or noticed this before?

edit: image removed in case anyone finds it offensive

Thanks and sorry for the weird offtopic :D
    Post edited by Camillaha on
  • Options
    There's a mod to unlock all the stuff from ST? Could you give me the link? I haven't used simport since the game came out.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    There's a mod to unlock all the stuff from ST? Could you give me the link? I haven't used simport since the game came out.

http://modthesims.info/d/470934 It's from modthesims. It unlocks both the career outfits and stage props. I often use one of magician career outfits for everyday for elderly men because there's so little to choose from. The props are nice too.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Camillaha wrote: »

http://modthesims.info/d/470934 It's from modthesims. It unlocks both the career outfits and stage props. I often use one of magician career outfits for everyday for elderly men because there's so little to choose from. The props are nice too.

Finally! I've been looking for this mod. Thanks for linking it!
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for all the answers, everyone! Extra big thanks to CK213 for all of those great pictures! And I would like to second GoldenBuffy's request for a link to the Mod that unlocks the Showtime stuff - I hate, hate, hate locked content!

I think I will probably get 'Showtime', but I am still up in the air about 'Into The Future'. If they had made an 'Into The Past' EP I would have bought it right off - and I wouldn't even have cared how far into the past they took it. Medieval Sims? Yes! Victorian Sims? Way, yes! Ancient Greco-Roman Sims? Plum yes! Twenties Sims? Caveman Sims? Colonial Sims? Gimme, gimme, gimme right now! But, alas, they made future Sims, and I'm not really interested. But I do have $8 and it is a better deal than any of the SPs...

It is pretty sad that I have looked at all of the Stuff Packs and thy still look over-priced at just $8.

Edit: thanks, Camillaha, you posted while I was posting.
  • Options
    Finally a zeppelin in you living room! No, seriously, that's how I decorate ;)
  • Options
    How did I miss this mod!?!?! Thank you! I'm going to pin it and download it now!!!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Schweighsr wrote: »
    Thank you for all the answers, everyone! Extra big thanks to CK213 for all of those great pictures! And I would like to second GoldenBuffy's request for a link to the Mod that unlocks the Showtime stuff - I hate, hate, hate locked content!

I think I will probably get 'Showtime', but I am still up in the air about 'Into The Future'. If they had made an 'Into The Past' EP I would have bought it right off - and I wouldn't even have cared how far into the past they took it. Medieval Sims? Yes! Victorian Sims? Way, yes! Ancient Greco-Roman Sims? Plum yes! Twenties Sims? Caveman Sims? Colonial Sims? Gimme, gimme, gimme right now! But, alas, they made future Sims, and I'm not really interested. But I do have $8 and it is a better deal than any of the SPs...

It is pretty sad that I have looked at all of the Stuff Packs and thy still look over-priced at just $8.

Edit: thanks, Camillaha, you posted while I was posting.

EA really should have made it travel into the past, but I guess it was too complicated for them.

They could have set up a world with very little to no modern technology for simmers who want to play that way.
    It would have allowed simmers who like Medieval, but wanted to build, play multi-generation families to do just that. They could have also loaded up the game with Medieval assets. Pets' horses would have benefited it greatly and maybe EA could have added horse drawn carriages and carts.

Forget the time travel aspect together and just give us a world in the past, flexible enough to edit into any period you want.
  • Options
    All EA has to do is read their forums and ask the players what they want. *sigh*
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!