Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember this?

TS4EyesPromoTransParent.png

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

They say that the eyes are the window into the soul, let’s just say that these eyes are a window into our future. We can’t wait to show you more.

My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)

Comments

• Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    TS4EyesPromoTransParent.png

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

They say that the eyes are the window into the soul, let’s just say that these eyes are a window into our future. We can’t wait to show you more.

That's what I'm afraid of...
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    'personalize their world with new and intuitive tools'....

right
  • Options
    Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    This is also what they confirmed to be in the base game.

New objects which do not appear on other games, examples are punching bags and tiki-styled objects
    Multitasking, such as drinking and talking at the same time
    Advanced options when choosing clothes and outfits
    Molding and sculpting the faces and bodies of Sims in Create a Sim
    More body shaping options, such as hip sliders
    Different accessories 'work' with any outfit and hairstyle
    Expressive Sims with different opinions that vary on personality
    Advanced Party options and possibly more 'alive' parties
    "Wild parties" with DJs and glowsticks
    Open restaurants
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    it's just shameful..
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    'personalize their world with new and intuitive tools'....

right

My guess is the building tools rather than a CAW
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    It still is. ;)
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Wait... We can customize our worlds?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

Somewhat yes, somewhat no.

You can delete all of the lots and build lots to your heart's desire.
  • Options
    colton147 wrote: »

Already did that. The world still looks the same.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

I guess my heart desires a little more.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

TS2 really spoiled me when it came to making my own worlds. At times, I wish it never happened. Then I'd have nothing to miss or hopelessly look forward to.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Yeah, a bit more customization than TS1 would be nice.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    Half the stuff that was missing was never declared as missing, they only admitted stuff like toddlers were missing when they couldn't dodge the questions any longer. They had been getting people to preorder, prior to revealing stuff that wasn't obvious.

Who the hell would predict a life-stage would be missing? It's like EA releasing the next Battlefield game and, after it's been on preorder, they finally confirm there's no guns in the game - you just attack the enemy with harsh words.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    The truth tea tastes good
    tumblr_inline_nbbnqtshCH1rv5dn6.gif
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

Coffee is better than tea . Not that im bias or anything...
    b95.jpg
  • Options

b95.jpg
    I don't think truth coffee would sound as good as truth tea :\
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member

b95.jpg

*points at name * Think i care ?
  • Options

b95.jpg

*points at name * Think i care ?
    Oh ho ho I almost forgot lol
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited November 2014
    plopppo wrote: »
    Half the stuff that was missing was never declared as missing, they only admitted stuff like toddlers were missing when they couldn't dodge the questions any longer. They had been getting people to preorder, prior to revealing stuff that wasn't obvious.

Who the hell would predict a life-stage would be missing? It's like EA releasing the next Battlefield game and, after it's been on preorder, they finally confirm there's no guns in the game - you just attack the enemy with harsh words.

Stop saying missing. They were omitted. Not ever programmed. Never planned. Missing implies that you can search and find them. You will notfind them...possibly not ever. There were several features not included, omitted, not ever planned. They were never, ever missing. They were always omitted, deemed not important enough, and therefore are done. Done forever? only the planning team who decided to omit them knows that. I still don't quite understand why we cannot have family play and simultaneous "party" life play. Especially since rotational play is back. I will never, ever understand why generational players were left out. Maybe in the future...

Edited to say: I don't disagree with your opinton. In fact, you are completely right. Look at how there was no game play with children. You saw them in the background, but no true game play. Sorry if I came off combative.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    I'm not stating any missing features will never arrive.
  • Options
    Yeah, I edited my post. Sorry for that.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Well technically in Sims 4 they are missing because they had stated at last years Gamescom that all life stages would be in the Sims 4. So therefore - they are technically missing as i have Sims 4 and that life stage were told would be there - isn't. It is missing unlike everything else mentioned as missing - all of that was omitted because they never stated it would be in Sims 4.

Toddlers is a separate issue than say open worlds, pools, and anything else, seeing only all the life stages were confirmed to be in Sims 4.

ETA - also some of the modders were looking at the game files and there is a fair number of file in the game directed directly to the toddler stage from what they posted - which to me even further indicated they were planning on having toddlers - so in my view they just ran out of time to do all the programming a toddler stage sims would need. That sort of verifies they are just missing - but were planned, besides the fact they were planning on them as late as August of 2013 (announced at 2013 Gamescom) when they announced they would be delaying the game until 2014. See originally Sims 4 was supposed to come in late 2013 - and they first delayed it to Spring of 2014, then they delayed it to September of 2014.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    While reading:
    tumblr_mv6my8MtWt1rqlnsko1_500.gif
  • Options
    I don't take years...I take it from beta. Beta is basically, with a few tweaks, the final product. Years, even a year ago, they can still change a bit coding. And whether you agree with me or not, they purposefully, for marketing reasons, kept things a secret. Understandably so. I would have waited to tell the masses that I changed their game drastically too. I never expected the Sims 4 to be the Sims 3 re-imagined. That would have been weird. I do however think they were rushed, they had disconnect with the players, and had to omit several things due to pressure.

I own the game, I play it, it's exactly what I expected from a base game. I bought it for what it was worth to me. I also see why some people are argumentative.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    I always go with the premise that advertisements are lies. It keeps me from bad surprises and wasted money. This time it wasn't any different.
    This space is for rent.