Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most Exciting Career Choice?

Hey everyone. I am planning on playing my game later and have been thinking about the careers we currently have in the game. I haven't really tried too many of them yet but I was wondering what your favorite career in the game is (so far) and why. I really want to venture away from the two i have done.

So far I have become an eSports gamer and a gourmet chef.

Comments

• Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    My favorite careers are the Secret Agent and the Writer. The Gourmet Chef one was really fun to try out.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    For excitement, Astronaut for sure -- yeah, the adventures are all off screen but you have to make choices and sometimes they don't go right. Try and get your rocket ship upgraded first though, especially with better thrusters and some of the other safety features if you don't want to crash land and have to rebuild the ship all over again. :\

Writer can be quite lucrative, as can painter; my Sim has a bunch of masterpieces in his inventory and I'm probably going to pass some on to one of his daughters so she can sell them and build a nice place to live (probably move her sister in with her so I can play them as the Entertainment family; I need a couple of Sims for those career tracks).

I usually try and pick a career that goes with whatever aspiration I have in mind, or that could link to another career. For example, I've got a Sim that's going for Oracle in the Criminal career; since that requires high Mischief skill I might have him go for Space Smuggler next.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I actually like them all.. I'm really getting into the painter career.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I love the culinary and tech guru career. ;)
  • Options
    CloverreaCloverrea Posts: 134 Member
    I have heard the astronaut career is tough but the idea of building a rocket and going to space intrigues me quite a bit.

I never really thought of doing anything that required the mischief skill but maybe I should really go for something out of my comfort zone and try building skills I wouldn't normally build.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    My child sim for some reason because he finished the mental aspiration as a child and I made him game his teen years he was on level 3 of the tech guru career.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    sims44lifesims44life Posts: 24 New Member
    I love the culinary career
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    Secret agent! :grin:
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Culinary is my favorite :)
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Master of the Real . Not only will it unlock the best easel in the game but you get HUGE amounts of cash from the paintings you make .
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    I've done the oracle. It was pretty fun. Higher levels of mischief allow you to pickpocket. It also focuses a lot on hacking funds. Most of her mischief was of the friendly sort: preposterous rumors, forum trolling, that sort of thing.

Also did astronaut/space pirate. The rocket ship excursions are fun, but for some reason that one felt like a real slog. I like culinary. Writer is nice, but the last one is a doozy because you need to wait a week to submit books and that annoyed me. Paint is also pretty easy except for the stupid "view x number of paintings" requirement. (Or maybe that was the aspiration. They all run together in my head.)
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    pickpocketing sims sounds pretty cool.
  • Options
    simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    The only career I havent tried yet is the secret agent one

The Granddaughter of my family is in the Musician career , once she marries her bf (who has 1 more day to age up to YA himself) its going to be him who takes the Secret Agent career

Just in time for the new careers coming along too ... and I have two teen boys who can take them once they age up to YA , Perfect :)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've been having some fun with the astronaut the past few days. It's not too taxing goal wise and I like the chance cards in space.
  • Options
    Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member
    I've done most of the Careers so far and my favorites have been Criminal & Secret Agent
    for the pick-pocketing and tranquilized handshake. :#
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Astronaut is definitely my fav.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Go go dancer! I mean Comedian...
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    simmese wrote: »
    The only career I havent tried yet is the secret agent one

The Granddaughter of my family is in the Musician career , once she marries her bf (who has 1 more day to age up to YA himself) its going to be him who takes the Secret Agent career

Just in time for the new careers coming along too ... and I have two teen boys who can take them once they age up to YA , Perfect :)

I've got two sisters who are in both tracks of the Entertainer career, one Musician the other Comedian.

And my slacker baby daddy ended up raising his boy/girl twins that were born to a townie; they were already children when he got them. The boy had the Evil trait (guess his mom was a bit upset about being a single mom) so when he aged up to teen I gave him the Mean trait on top of it so he can get both the Chief of Mischief and Public Enemy aspirations, and I'll have him in the Criminal career as a Boss then probably Villain for Secret Agent. I think that'll cover all the current careers, then I'll just have to figure out who goes for the new ones.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)