Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collection spawners disappear

I'm not sure if this is where I am supposed to post, but I have found no answers (and was mostly ignored) to this problem I have has since the beginning of the game. One of the things I love best about Sims is collecting everything, completing all the sets. This is an issue I have had with multiple saved games, no matter which side of town my Sims live on:

For the first few in-game weeks, all of the dig sites and frog logs spawn normally and can be collected from. After a little while, these stop spawning in every zone expect for the one my Sims home in in. After another few in-game weeks, they stop spawning there, too. I have not been able to finish the collections for the frogs, metals, elements, crystals, or fossils, with any saved sim, because no more can be dug up any more. I even had one sim live at the part for more than 2 in game weeks to see if you have to be in the zone for things to spawn (like the plants do), but nothing ever comes back again.

I don't know if I am explaining this well, every time I have posted this before it is either ignored or people say they are not having this problem. But for me, it is making the game almost unplayable.

Oh, and I use no mods, CC, or cheats.

(The other thing I loved about Sims is designing and decorating homes, and we all know how that is without a color wheel. So between not being able to collect, and not being able to decorate, there is nothing left in this game for me.)
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I am sorry that you are having problems with the collection spawners not appearing. You may need to save your household and current home to your library, and start a new game save. A fresh game may help.
    It would be good to post your problem on this site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs .
    I hope that someone there will be able to help you.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    edited November 2014
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry that you are having problems with the collection spawners not appearing. You may need to save your household and current home to your library, and start a new game save. A fresh game may help.
    It would be good to post your problem on this site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs .
    I hope that someone there will be able to help you.

I currently have 6 different save games, all with different Sims. Some are on the same saved copy of the town (they can encounter each other), and some are in fresh towns alone. They are in different lots, and different sides of town. It has happened eventually with all of them. It is unbelievably frustrating.

I will, however, post to that link in hopes of getting a response. I am so tired of everyone just telling me to use cheats or mods. I shouldn't have to use a cheat just to do something because the game is broken.

On a side note, I thought I posted this in the technical discussion side. Did it get moved over to general?
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I've noticed this game with mine too. At first I wasn't going to other areas for the spawns. But once I did I realized how important this kind of was for collecting things. Then the rocks stopped spawning in all areas except for where my Sim lived. And now the frog logs aren't showing up there... it's just a matter of time before the dig spawns stop showing too. I don't understand why this keeps happening, but it's very frustrating. Then again, I think that the spawn spots being the same EVERY DAY is a bit annoying too. I liked it more in TS3 when the spawns changed every in game hour or however long it was. That was pretty cool...
  • Options
    Emma_ValentineEmma_Valentine Posts: 81 Member
    I am having this problem also. It is very frustrating because it completely eliminates the reason to leave the home lot. I have noticed that I could collect the first time with a new game but then they never re-spawn.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Have you tried the "repair game" option over at Origin? I've done it a few times whenever I've run into a problem and it seems to help. If you're unfamiliar with this, go into Origin, My Library, and Right click on your Sims4 game cover. The option will be there underneath Check for Patch. Click on it and it will check out your game files. I ran into an unrelated problem yesterday and I repaired my game just moments ago. Instead of just running through the files, I did have to wait while it repaired something. It doesn't take long, (at least not on my computer). I'm hoping the problem I left my game in yesterday will have been fixed today.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I'm not sure what happened but I sent my sim to a neighborhood that was not spawning. I had just built a new nightclub and she went on a date there. While the date was going on I checked out the spawn sites and they had fresh new rocks!! What is different, you ask? Well the sim that was originally trying to collect rocks over several sim weeks died of old age. I moved all their kids out of the house so that it was only the mom and my sims heir. My sims heir is the one who eventually collected the rocks. Now, I have been back to the neighborhood twice and they are re-spawning. Maybe try killing the sim who was the main collector? Just my two cents. :)
  • Options
    Ew, can each Sim only collect so much in a lifetime? That would be amazingly lame. ~_~ I have not even played my game in quite a while, I've actually been having more fun in the forums than I did playing the game...
  • Options
    I don't think it is a limit. I just think that whatever was bugged was connected to a certain sim. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I just started having this problem, never had it before though. I've done a Google search and can't find any solution to it. My Sim just started collecting so it's not a matter of her reaching some limit. I have successfully completed all collections with other Sims before so I know it can be done.

I'm just not getting any spawners outside my home lot.

I have to resort to using the "buy spawnables" mod just to complete her aspiration.

I did try repairing game, I'm not willing to start another game because then she loses everything she did manage to collect before the game decided it was done spawning.
  • Options
    After this last 'massive patch' the spawners seemed to have been repaired. I was so excited! But after just a few days of playing, they were all gone again. I am at the end of my rope with this game. Nothing to do, nowhere to go, collecting is broken, no color wheel to make designing fun. I've been having more fun chatting in the forums than playing the game. And I didn't have to pay $70 for that. I've reinsalled Dragon Age: Origins and have been having fun pick-pocketing dwarves that are mean to me.
  • Options
    i have gone back to Sims 2 and will even try to figure how to control the lag in Sims 3. My daughter said something about merging all my custom content into one package file. Worth a try.
  • Options
    i have gone back to Sims 2 and will even try to figure how to control the lag in Sims 3. My daughter said something about merging all my custom content into one package file. Worth a try.

I reinstalled Dragon Age: Origins.......
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I was just coming to post about this issue. I haven't done the collecting thing much until now because my sim avatar needs to do this for her "job". I find it the same as you. Dig sites do not respawn on, or in, other neighbourhoods aside from the one she "lives" in. Nothing in other neighbourhoods becomes "harvestable".

What's the point of exploring the other parts if that's the case? I have been around and around today checking to see. No options but to view, or collect a sample. And no new digs or frog sites.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I was just coming to post about this issue. I haven't done the collecting thing much until now because my sim avatar needs to do this for her "job". I find it the same as you. Dig sites do not respawn on, or in, other neighbourhoods aside from the one she "lives" in. Nothing in other neighbourhoods becomes "harvestable".

What's the point of exploring the other parts if that's the case? I have been around and around today checking to see. No options but to view, or collect a sample. And no new digs or frog sites.

Kind of glad it's not just me (sorry for you....) because I kept wondering if I had done something to break the spawners. I gut the game, there is nothing original. I delete everything except the parks and those are heavily edited. I was starting to think that by doing that, I broke something.

If you want to get her ready for the camping, I'm assuming? Then there are buyable things at MTS that you can just place in the park and have her discover them. There are 3 frogs, 2 metals, and 1 element that are now impossible to get since even the hidden places are no longer spawning after the initial collection.

It's like they just are not regenerating. I was able to collect everywhere once and then never again.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    What helped me is having a family in every neighborhood that's on my "Played Households" list -- for some reason that helps with the respawning issue. I have a few neighborhoods where I need to distribute some of my families again...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    What helped me is having a family in every neighborhood that's on my "Played Households" list -- for some reason that helps with the respawning issue. I have a few neighborhoods where I need to distribute some of my families again...

I have that.

I like to make my own townies and I place them on all the 20x15 lots. I play them for 24 hours so the game doesn't cull them and so they get used to running around. I've noticed that if I just place them and don't play them, I never see them out in the game.

So I have a played household in almost every neighborhood and it hasn't helped.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I really do appreciate the tips.
  • Options

Kind of glad it's not just me (sorry for you....) because I kept wondering if I had done something to break the spawners. I gut the game, there is nothing original. I delete everything except the parks and those are heavily edited. I was starting to think that by doing that, I broke something.

If you want to get her ready for the camping, I'm assuming? Then there are buyable things at MTS that you can just place in the park and have her discover them. There are 3 frogs, 2 metals, and 1 element that are now impossible to get since even the hidden places are no longer spawning after the initial collection.

It's like they just are not regenerating. I was able to collect everywhere once and then never again.

I initially thought I would need some world like Granite falls to play this character, but then I thought I'm going to try it out now. I turned the cellphone in to a 3D simulator.

I am starting as fresh as a baby's bottom after my issues with the December patch......and if that happens even ONCE more. I am done with this game. I have never had it like that in any of the prior series.

• Options
    edited December 2014

I initially thought I would need some world like Granite falls to play this character, but then I thought I'm going to try it out now. I turned the cellphone in to a 3D simulator.

I am starting as fresh as a baby's bottom after my issues with the December patch......and if that happens even ONCE more. I am done with this game. I have never had it like that in any of the prior series.

Do you play with aging off or on?

I just read on HQ somebody said that if you play with aging off that the stuff will never respawn. I have always played with aging off and this was never a problem before so I have no idea why it's now a problem.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Meals-at-public-venues-bbq-s-and-spawn-timers/td-p/3520273

Scroll down.
  • Options

Do you play with aging off or on?

I just read on HQ somebody said that if you play with aging off that the stuff will never respawn. I have always played with aging off and this was never a problem before so I have no idea why it's now a problem.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Meals-at-public-venues-bbq-s-and-spawn-timers/td-p/3520273

Scroll down.

I will have to experiment. Thanks for the info. Will update if anything is different.

• Options
    I will also try this. I usually play with aging off. I did have one active household that I played with aging on. I wonder if that was when things started to respawn again, I don't actually remember. But once I started playing the Sim with aging off everything stopped respawning again. There may be something to that.
  • Options
    I do play with aging off. But that didn't matter before the patch....

And the last post there says that things respawn after about 18 sim hours. It's been way more than that for me. And there is still no harvest available for anything.

And the last tour around her own neighbourhood had nothing respawn there either. I just moved her in with a family and did a quick tour. The rocks respawned but not the frogs.
  • Options
    harobed7756harobed7756 Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2014
    I just had this problem start yesterday - no rock or crystal spawners anywhere but in my home neighborhood. I tried the "repair game" function but it did nothing. I tried spending over ten hours in the big park, but still no spawners. I'll turn aging on, but I hope they fix this bug because that's not how I like to play.

Edit: Turning aging on didn't work, even after clearing cache files and restarting the saved game.
    Post edited by harobed7756 on
  • Options
    KissMePixieKissMePixie Posts: 6 New Member
    This issue has just started happening to me too. Never had an issue before in any of my games, I play with aging on and have played households in the neighbourhoods (although that was never a problem before!). My own neighbourhood is fine as far as I can tell, but anywhere else is a different story. No plants mature and if I'm able to get the odd rock or frog upon first arriving they will not respond again ever! I've tried repairing and restarting but doesn't fix it *sigh*!
  • Options
    NevisHeavenNevisHeaven Posts: 39 Member
    Everyone, your game isn't broken. To have things respawn your Sim needs to spend time in the area and for some reason the respawning takes quite a while, around 12+ Sim hours. Hope they'll adjust this at some point.
  • Options
    Everyone, your game isn't broken. To have things respawn your Sim needs to spend time in the area and for some reason the respawning takes quite a while, around 12+ Sim hours. Hope they'll adjust this at some point.

Unfortunately, I have spent way more than 12 hours in a 'zone' (what have we finally decided to call them?). I had the Never Weary trait (before they destroyed it), and spent over a week at the park. Just spent the time fishing, cooking on the grill, and taking hobo showers in the sink. Nothing ever came back again. At this point, I have not even logged into the game in close to 2 months. I do hope this gets fixed for other people still enjoying the game, but I have given up.