Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP

When the new update came out i was ready and when my sims go in to a pool they are still have there everyday clothes and i had put swimsuits on them and they do not change at all. Is anyone having this bug too

Comments

• Options
    lekshubaby1994lekshubaby1994 Posts: 204 Member
    I'm not getting it :/
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Do you mean they stay in everyday clothes to swim, or that they stay in swimwear when you send them to another lot?
  • Options
    Sims3fan1986Sims3fan1986 Posts: 443 Member
    Everyday wear and i can't change them it to there swim wear too
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    So they don't change into their swimsuits when using the pool? Is that it? I don't have this bug.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited November 2014
    This is not the first time I've heard of this but I was never able to verify with the other person about mod situations. Do you run mods and if you do did you run the patch with mods active or did you remove them and put them back in?

I know the game has a lot of bugs, no denying that, but I suspect a lot of times when it's a bug that only a small group of people have, it's related to mods somehow.

edit: or related to CC - same questions for that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I seem to remember someone reporting this problem who discovered a conflict with the clothing-optional mod they were using.
  • Options
    What mod is it
  • Options
    I'm afraid I can't say more that what I've already said, as we are not supposed to discuss mods that change the rating of the game.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    ImNoComedianImNoComedian Posts: 886 Member
    edited November 2014
    When the new update came out i was ready and when my sims go in to a pool they are still have there everyday clothes and i had put swimsuits on them and they do not change at all. Is anyone having this bug too

Do you have any Mods? ( Something you downloaded & placed in Mods Folder)

Ive seen people have this issue when using the Change outfit for work mod
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member

6a22ec1372350bb64757502d070d8492.jpg
  • Options
    Ive seen people have this issue when using the Change outfit for work mod

No i do not have that mod
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    Take out any mods you have in your game and try the repair function. If that does not work, I would suggest re-installing.
  • Options
    Take out any mods you have in your game and try the repair function. If that does not work, I would suggest re-installing.

This. Well the question is, that never seems to get answered. The mods you have, did you or did you not remove them prior to putting in the patch? Until this gets answered we can't go further. It makes a huge difference in patch performance.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    A bug? In The Sims 4?

Say it ain't so!
  • Options
    You know, if the mod itself is the problem causing the bug, that's not really EA's fault.
  • Options
    I don't know if I'd agree that mods are unpredictable, at least not when made by a good modder. The problem is, the mod is based on the code in place in the game at the time. When there is a patch, if part of the code that the mod "modifies" is changed, then the mod no longer works as intended. Reputable modders keep their mods updated by patch version, but they need a day or two, you know? And people need to remember to go check for updates, unless it is a very sophisticated mod that checks for updates every time the game is played.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    i uninstall it and install it back and it work
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Glad to hear it. You must always remove your mods/cc from the game before you update. Mods are based on old code, and the update won't update the mods. Also remember to check to see if your mods were updated for the new patch.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    edited November 2014

The only thing I have noticed is that you haven't said if you removed your mods from your game!? You have avoided answering this one question.
    I do believe you have a bad mod or CC in your game. Removing it is the only way to fix your issue. Go and check to see if said mod has been updated then put it back.

Edit: just noticed you said it works now? Great :)

• Options
    Terrylin wrote: »

The only thing I have noticed is that you haven't said if you removed your mods from your game!? You have avoided answering this one question.
    I do believe you have a bad mod or CC in your game. Removing it is the only way to fix your issue. Go and check to see if said mod has been updated then put it back.

I imagine it works because they patched then mod. I think we can establish an answer to the previous question. And hopefully they have learned something from this experience too. OOoh that sounds a little condescending. It wasn't meant to be. What I mean is that I hope you know now how to not have this happen again for future games. Mods can be your best friend but mishandled, they can turn into your greatest enemy.
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Terrylin wrote: »

I imagine it works because they patched then mod. I think we can establish an answer to the previous question. And hopefully they have learned something from this experience too. OOoh that sounds a little condescending. It wasn't meant to be. What I mean is that I hope you know now how to not have this happen again for future games. Mods can be your best friend but mishandled, they can turn into your greatest enemy.

I agree! I don't use mods in TS4. Only used Twallans mods in TS3 so I could play it. Never use CC. (Learned that lesson the hard way in TS3) :)

LOL I wouldn't have asked if I had read the post better the first time! ;) Wasn't till after I posted I noticed the "it work"!

• Options
    lekshubaby1994lekshubaby1994 Posts: 204 Member
    There's either two choices your gonna have to make another sims and delete this recent one or uninstall and install it again :)
    I hope it works if not please let me know ill help you xx
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    You know, if the mod itself is the problem causing the bug, that's not really EA's fault.

Yep. This is why I never use mods, they are too unpredictable.

Not really, you just have to be smart about it. As long as you back up your game (which you should be doing regardless) then the mods CANNOT mess up your game, even if one goes awry. You just copy the old copy of your game back in and delete the mod and voila your game is back to the way it was and it only took all of a few seconds. Many issues with mods are people not knowing what they are doing or downloading things from irresponsible creators that don't test before releasing.
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    Game mods are your friends, they add new gameplay and fix present bugs. You just have to keep them updated.

Glad everything worked out for you. Happy Simming
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png