Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim is going to the wrong kitchen to cook!! *SOLVED*

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
The house I built has two kitchens. There is a big kitchen on the first floor and a small kitchen on the third floor. When I tell my sim to cook something, by clicking on the stove on the first floor, she grabs the ingredients from the fridge and then proceeds to go all the way up to the third floor kitchen to prep and cook the food! Why???? There is plenty of counter space in the first floor kitchen and none of the objects were placed using the moveobjects cheat. Also, she's the only one in the kitchen so no other sims are blocking counters or the stove. Why won't my sim cook in the kitchen she is already in? Why go all the way up to the THIRD FLOOR? lol

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Does the secondary kitchen have more expensive things than the primary kitchen?
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    It's like my Sims when they go to wish dishes. There's a kitchen literally a few steps next to where they are eating but nope, walks upstairs to the bathroom......
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I dunno. Did you put a better stove up there? Or better anything?

But the sims seem to like washing dishes in the bathroom better than in the kitchen sink too, sooooo.

I dunno!

But actually, come to think of it, I had that problem in 3 too when I played the hunger games challenge. My slave sim always wanted to go cook in the contestant kitchen rather than her own. I ended up deleting the fridge and stove in the contestant house.
  • Options
    Good question, I didn't think about that. But, no. The stove and counter tops and fridge are identical and the rest of the upstairs appliances are not as good as the ones on the first floor
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I was afraid of this. I really wanted to try and create a duplex or apt style house so I could keep a young adult on the same lot but feel like they have their own place. I was worried they would use each others kitchens and bathrooms all the times though.
  • Options
    I figured it out!! I had one of those pot racks hanging from the ceiling and it was one of the lower hanging ones. It was blocking my sim from getting to the stove so she was going to the one upstairs :) FIXED :)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2014
    Actually I notice sims will choose a smaller kitchen over a larger one - so it is best just to have one in a house until they give us an ep that offers programming for apartments. It is a bad idea to try and do any form of apt like living until the programming for that is in the game.

Keep in mind - just because you know how apts are supposed to work - the Sims do not. They need to be taught that stuff which programming is their teachers. No matter how bad we want something - means until programmers make it happen - we will have to wait to do those things.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually I notice sims will choose a smaller kitchen over a larger one - so it is best just to have one in a house until they give us an ep that offers programming for apartments. It is a bad idea to try and do any form of apt like living until the programming for that is in the game.
    In my neighbourhood, a lot of houses that aren't divided into apartments have two kitchens. There's the regular kitchen on the main floor, and there's a "summer" kitchen in the basement. Not that we have basements, mind ...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    The ability to lock doors would be useful.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    In my neighbourhood, a lot of houses that aren't divided into apartments have two kitchens. There's the regular kitchen on the main floor, and there's a "summer" kitchen in the basement. Not that we have basements, mind ...

Yes but we are real people - the sims are not. As i said they need the programming to "know" things like that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Sucom wrote: »

Agreed. Still waiting for that patch. It would help some of my gameplay tremendously.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Yes but we are real people - the sims are not. As i said they need the programming to "know" things like that.
    I was just noting that there are non-apartment houses with multiple kitchens is all. It's a reason to want a Sim to stay in the kitchen you tell them to cook in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Sucom wrote: »

Agreed. Still waiting for that patch. It would help some of my gameplay tremendously.

Yep, yep, me too. I really want the option to lock doors too. Missing the TS3 locking doors option.
  • Options
    I'm here three and a half years later and having the same problem. But in my case, the door is locked....
    So I have a pair of brothers and their families living on the same lot and I built a duplex for them. Everything in the building is identical and mirror image.
    Down to the issue; Sometimes I tell one of my sims to cook something and the start, but stop halfway through. I kept trying and trying, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then, I thought to unlock the front door to the other half of the duplex. Sure enough, my sim takes her half-made cake, walks over to the kitchen on the other side, and puts it in the oven there.
    I would like to stress again, that the kitchens are identical (Same counters, same appliances, even the same layout), but for some reason she didn't want to use her own oven.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I'm here three and a half years later and having the same problem. But in my case, the door is locked....
    So I have a pair of brothers and their families living on the same lot and I built a duplex for them. Everything in the building is identical and mirror image.
    Down to the issue; Sometimes I tell one of my sims to cook something and the start, but stop halfway through. I kept trying and trying, and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then, I thought to unlock the front door to the other half of the duplex. Sure enough, my sim takes her half-made cake, walks over to the kitchen on the other side, and puts it in the oven there.
    I would like to stress again, that the kitchens are identical (Same counters, same appliances, even the same layout), but for some reason she didn't want to use her own oven.

I would appreciate any help you can offer.

I have always wondered why the Sims would do that? I am not sure, but maybe it has something to do with the last appliance placed on the lot. Maybe try deleting the first oven and replace it with a new one and see if they will choose that one first!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    @ehaught58 Thank you for the advice, I'll have to try that. I also had the thought that I should try clicking on the stove to have my sims cook instead of the fridge